Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Campbell would be a far better investment. Remy would be a major step backwards.

After watching Campbell you're probably right.
    Having Giroud,Sanchez,Walcott,Campbell and Ramsey would get us plenty of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Wenger on Ballotelli.

dvemail wrote: »
    Wenger on Ballotelli.

I think that's that then.

Who's next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I think that's that then.

Who's next?

Enner Valencia.
    Classic Wenger under the radar type purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

I want di Maria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Imagine the commotion if we have no one signed for the Puma reveal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »

Tayto negativity would go on meltdown :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Apparantly liverpool are close to sanchez. Prob bull but it would kill me to lose out on a player like that to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Apparantly liverpool are close to sanchez. Prob bull but it would kill me to lose out on a player like that to them
    Be livid myself as he is exactly the type of player we need, can play on the wing and up front, 2 birds with one stone and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where has all the Sanchez speculation come from seen nothing of it only on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Where has all the Sanchez speculation come from seen nothing of it only on here

Di Marzio confirmed that Juventus and us have held talk with his agent.

Said nothing about Liverpool through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd guess the Liverpool link will die a death once Suarez gets banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looper007 wrote: »
    Tayto negativity would go on meltdown :pac:

A bit like you last year :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reckon Tayto will be Mr. positive next summer.

Pigs will also be flying :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I reckon Tayto will be Mr. positive next summer.

Pigs will also be flying :pac:

In fairness I hope we actually do spend money and that Wenger is not spotted coming out of a Soup Kitchen. We have a few gaps we really do have to fill.
    Would love to be greatly surprised.

History worries me though.

In fairness I hope we actually do spend money and that Wenger is not spotted coming out of a Soup Kitchen. We have a few gaps we really do have to fill.

In the same boat here. Dont think its being negative really, more realistic i would say. I cant see us doing what we have to but sure lets see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I still can't believe that people here actually think Wenger is doing anything more than commentary in Brazil. Wenger doesn't work holidays. never has, never will. while we spend all our time speculating about who would suit us,Wenger relaxes and didn't give a ****. nothing will happen till July at the earliest our possibly even August, And by then a lot of the quality will have already transferred.

A bit like you last year :pac:

ah Tayto you are 24/7 :pac: I'm all positivity now, I'm zen like.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I still can't believe that people here actually think Wenger is doing anything more than commentary in Brazil. Wenger doesn't work holidays. never has, never will. while we spend all our time speculating about who would suit us,Wenger relaxes and didn't give a ****. nothing will happen till July at the earliest our possibly even August, And by then a lot of the quality will have already transferred.

that's rubbish Quazzie, Wenger is doing his stuff. He wouldn't be doing his job if he was out there taking it easy. He's doing his wheeling and dealing.

Depends if you are thinking we sign 5, 20 million plus signing players. I think too many of you are going to be disappointed at that point. Wenger, apart from signing Ozil, isn't the type of manager like Jose or any City manager to throw 30 million here and there .

• Advertisement

Depends if you are thinking we sign 5, 20 million plus signing players. I think too many of you are going to be disappointed at that point. Wenger, apart from signing Ozil, isn't the type of manager like Jose or any City manager to throw 30 million here and there .

I'm only too well aware of that.
    I found the fact that he didn't plug the gap left by Walcott's injury in January very worrying. Might have cost us the league.

I'm only too well aware of that.
    I found the fact that he didn't plug the gap left by Walcott's injury in January very worrying. Might have cost us the league.

pissed me off he didn't sign another striker last summer. Wenger deserves criticism when it comes to transfers. I won't defend him on that and I can see why many are worried. But common sense has to prevail, he needs a world class striker or something close to one, a defensive midfielder, a right back and back up goalkeeper with maybe a left winger. I think he get three out of those five myself.

pissed me off he didn't sign another striker last summer. Wenger deserves criticism when it comes to transfers. I won't defend him on that and I can see why many are worried. But common sense has to prevail, he needs a world class striker or something close to one, a defensive midfielder, a right back and back up goalkeeper with maybe a left winger. I think he get three out of those five myself.

I commend your optimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

With all due respect, how the **** would you know what he gets up to?

I commend your optimism.

You have to stay optimistic cause you never know what will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I doubt we're going to sign someone just to have them ready for th ePuma kit launch. Wishful thinking imo.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I doubt we're going to sign someone just to have them ready for th ePuma kit launch. Wishful thinking imo.

Yeah I doubt we have anyone signed until the end of July/ early August, if not start to worry then :pac:

With all due respect, how the **** would you know what he gets up to?

Because results speak for themselves. I remember the same conversations being had last year and we signed no one till the last minute. if he is active over there "wheeling and dealing" as someone else said then he's fairly dire at it. I'm fully confident of another summer of constant speculation then for one big signing to be unveiled late on to appease the fans.

I hope I'm wrong but I honestly don't think so.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kosc starting for France, Olly on the bench. Thought they were going to rest Benzema for this one but apparently not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Kosc starting for France, Olly on the bench. Thought they were going to rest Benzema for this one but apparently not.

He must fancy getting the golden booth. In super form.

HazDanz wrote: »
    He must fancy getting the golden booth. In super form.

Pretty much this he could have 6 goals by now. He's doing very well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Must say I wasn't overly mad for us to sign him before but after seeing him at the WC I have changed mind. Himself and Giroud link up quite well together too.

Really impressed with Griezman he looks every bit an Arsene Wenger player, pacey, skillfull, great vision and a good eye for goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Nah, you'll be thinking about getting a big a Giroud tattoo.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Really impressed with Griezman he looks every bit an Arsene Wenger player, pacey, skillfull, great vision and a good eye for goal.

He's been okay so far. I liked the look of him though.

• Advertisement

He's been okay so far. I liked the look of him though.

16 goals in 35 apps last season in Spain, wouldnt be surprised if we made enquiries about him when the Vela deal was been done.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    16 goals in 35 apps last season in Spain, wouldnt be surprised if we made enquiries about him when the Vela deal was been done.

I think the Vela deal been done is probably to get Griezman in to be honest. Great deal if it happens, he's young and playing with Arsenal he get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think the Vela deal been done is probably to get Griezman in to be honest. Great deal if it happens, he's young and playing with Arsenal he get better.

After we fcuked them over for Vela they'll be selling him at a high premium if we are interested

Frisbee wrote: »

I dont mean to model the shirts, just thats two weeks time and would be very worried if we had nothing at all done by then. Other clubs seem to be making their moves now.

I dont mean to model the shirts, just thats two weeks time and would be very worried if we had nothing at all done by then. Other clubs seem to be making their moves now.

Sure we dont usually do our business until the back end of August so I would be very surprised if we signed anybody before then especially as its a World Cup year. Ridiculous policy we have as it means the new arrivals dont have a pre season under there belt.

• Advertisement

Those one - twos between Benzema and Giroud....forget Balo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Have to say, Schneiderlin has had an excellent game.

Wouldn't mind him here at all

Have to say, Schneiderlin has had an excellent game.

Wouldn't mind him here at all

He would be ideal for what we need and how we play. Already accustomed to the English game too which is a big bonus.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭josh101st

He would be ideal for what we need and how we play. Already accustomed to the English game too which is a big bonus.,

do you think arsene would put in an offer for him though?

josh101st wrote: »
    do you think arsene would put in an offer for him though?

Not at the level that would be needed to tempt Southampton unfortunately.

Must say I wasn't overly mad for us to sign him before but after seeing him at the WC I have changed mind. Himself and Giroud link up quite well together too.

that would be a fantastic partnership and ozil will have a quality striker to get on the end of his pinpoint passes!

Not at the level that would be needed to tempt Southampton unfortunately.

yeah its a pity though cause he would be a good buy for us or even a loan for a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So it's Djourou and Senderous v Messi. That should be interesting :D

Watching the Swiss v Honduras highlights there. Shame we missed out on Drmic, would have been a bargain at the price he went for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Watching the Swiss v Honduras highlights there. Shame we missed out on Drmic, would have been a bargain at the price he went for.

Bargains from relegation threatened teams are in the past.

30m for Sanchez!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement