Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

bad2dabone wrote: »
    For greater insight into portos discoveries :
    http://www.postmatch.org/5/explaining-the-falcao-move-to-monaco/

Great read, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Can utd afford to buy Sanchez? They've already spent 60 million on two players and still need to replace Rio and Vidic which will cost them a pretty penny more.

And can they fit him into their team, they already have Rooney and RVP up front so unless one of them is on their way out I can't see Sanchez fitting into the team.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

dvemail wrote: »
    Some French journo on twitter reckons that Sanchez and Scheiderlin are Arsenal bound.

Just a little update on this^

The guy reporting it is the same person who broke the Giroud to Arsenal transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Mr Blobby wrote: »

The guy reporting it is the same person who broke the Giroud to Arsenal transfer.

We obviously follow the same people. Just saw this too. Getting excited. :cool:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

im-so-giddy-i-cant-contain-myself.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Would be very happy with both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

6hqrdy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Twitter handles for these reports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

AdamD wrote: »

@francoispinet

https://twitter.com/francoispinet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sanchez and Schneiderlin would be a very good summer's work. Throw Aurier/Debuchy in there also and we have a near perfect summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

@francoispinet is the journo.

Too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A quick question on this is Sanchez the out and out striker we need though ? Isn't he more of a winger ?

A quick question on this is Sanchez the out and out striker we need though ? Isn't he more of a winger ?

I'm assuming he is a wing forward similar to Walcott who will be used to compliment Giroud, who with those two supporting him would really flourish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

not really a target man but a second striker and he can also play as a winger. Perhaps the perfect partner for Giroud instead of a replacement fot him.

Giroud with Walcott & Sanchez either side of him and Rambo and Ozil behind him would be pretty tasty methinks

I'm assuming that we're getting Sanchez for the same reason Wenger wanted to sign Draxler intialy in the January Window massive upgrade if so, but it still leaves us needing another striker , thats the point i'm trying to make

I'm assuming that we're getting Sanchez for the same reason Wenger wanted to sign Draxler intialy in the January Window massive upgrade if so, but it still leaves us needing another striker , thats the point i'm trying to make

Probably yes, but not the big money striker we were originally hoping for. With Campbell coming back and Sanogo there aswell maybe Wenger doesn't see it as an urgent priority

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Sanchez would improve us massively.

The thoughts of him as a gooner make me very excited.

Visibly excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Quazzie wrote: »
    Sanchez and Schneiderlin would be a very good summer's work. Throw Aurier/Debuchy in there also and we have a near perfect summer.

This would be ideal. And it's very doable by the sounds of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

If (big if!) We sign Sanchez, we won't be signing another striker.

Sanchez and Joel Campbell would be great options.

• Advertisement

8ce9f7712290272ee1dcb9072bb3e7a4.png
    ca319171245fe395a3f8e7a28e131f0b.png

With Wilshere, Rosicky, Ox, Campbell, Podolski, Arteta, Flamini rotating in, would be tasty.

Definitely just got ahead of myself there

Good thing about Sanchez if we do get him is that he could play anywhere across the front 3.
    Great player to have.

Also Mirror reporting that Giroud will sign a new deal after the world cup.
    Beautiful stuff.

Bring on Aurier then aswell and a sub keeper and boom instant title contenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah here.

We're not signing Sanchez.

I find as an Arsenal fan, pessimism all the way :pac:

Yeah im hoping to **** this isn't another false dawn , would be a savage double signing altogether , and hopefully it can move on a bit now that Chile are out,

the french lad can wait , I fancy France to go on a good distance in the World Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It does but with Sanchez as Walcott wide, the other striker would absolutely have to cost about 50 million and relegate Giroud to the bench.

I'm all for signing someone like that but it's a fairly limited number of players. Falcao and Cavani last year, none this year, Costa maybe but don't think he's suit us.

Ah here.

We're not signing Sanchez.

I find as an Arsenal fan, pessimism all the way :pac:

No, this is it. This is supporting Arsenal now and you deserve this.

We might not get Sanchez, we might move on to Grizemann, we might end up with no-one. But this is the type of player we're after and if we're in for them every window, I can't see us not getting some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

dvemail wrote: »
    Good thing about Sanchez if we do get him is that he could play anywhere across the front 3.
    Great player to have.

Add to that, Sanchez is kind of undervalued by Barcelona with the likes of Neymar and Messi.. Arsenal would treat him like he's the man, and so would the fans.

At the current world cup the coach has told him he's practically the best player in the team and look how positively and good he has played!

He's a great character and a great footballer, would love him to come to Arsenal! Perfect fit and erases that rubbish Balotelli talk

(hope I don't eat my words)

• Advertisement

How about Sanchez and balotelli

Balotelli won't be going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dairygold1990

I would be happy with Sanchez and Campbell as our new attacking options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd still take Remy too, he's not world class but he's a proven PL goalscorer and could be a decent option off the bench. Sanchez, Remy, Schneiderlin, Aurier and a back up GK and we would be looking good.

Waiting for news on Sanchez is a bit like waiting for the girl that everyone wants to court to reply to your text (Assuming in this case Arsene sent the text)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Any chance of us getting Enner Valencia, the stricker from Ecuador?

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »

We'll try fúck the prom queen first (Euphemism for signing Sanchez) and then work our way down :pac:

Mr.Micro wrote: »

He's 25 and plays his club football in Ecuador.

Tim Cahill has been one of the best strikers at the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Why are people still talking about Remy? He is nowhere near good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Joel Campbell showing very well again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Still no sign of any concrete signings. Sick of reading rumours on facebook about who were going to sign. Man utd chelsea liverpool and Mancity have all done business already and typically were no where near signing anyone yet.

• Advertisement

Sergio wrote: »
    Still no sign of any concrete signings. Sick of reading rumours on facebook about who were going to sign. Man utd chelsea liverpool and Mancity have all done business already and typically were no where near signing anyone yet.

And you know this how?

Sergio wrote: »

It's not even July yet. There's plenty of time. Have patience. Bar Fabregas I don't think anyone has done outstanding business yet.

Joel Campbell showing very well again.

Having watched all of his games now I'm thinking he can be a useful squad option, not a starter yet but the kind of impact sub we missed last season. Bit of Wiltord about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

What a shrewd investment Joel Campbell is, would have him in the first team next season.

Having watched all of his games now I'm thinking he can be a useful squad option, not a starter yet but the kind of impact sub we missed last season. Bit of Wiltord about him?

I dunno, I think he's looked excellent. Different to what we have already. I think he'll be close to the first XI

That said, I was slightly worried by Wengers comment saying he would definitely be at Arsenal for pre season training. He didn't go further and say he would be playing for Arsenal next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

That said, I was slightly worried by Wengers comment saying he would definitely be at Arsenal for pre season training. He didn't go further and say he would be playing for Arsenal next season.

You should never believe anything Wenger says though

wonga77 wrote: »
    You should never believe anything Wenger says though

True, true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Really liking campbells attitude, he's fcuked but still putting himself about and trying his heart out. I really hope Wenger gives him every chance next year, he deserves it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

wonga77 wrote: »
    Really liking campbells attitude, he's fcuked but still putting himself about and trying his heart out. I really hope Wenger gives him every chance next year, he deserves it

The guy is very good and has had a very good WC, he worked himself into the ground and took his peno well.

At 22 Wenger has to give him ago this year or move away from him , he has definitely done enough to warrant a place in the squad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement