Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

egghead. wrote: »
    Obviously Liverpool playing hard ball.

There's plenty of time for their stance to soften. It's not as if Suarez will be playing for anyone, anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Player swaps are a mythical occurrence created by the daily mail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Could we see another Bale incident where Bale(Suarez in this case) goes for a stupid price and we get Ozil(Sanchez in this case) to help fund some of funds used to buy Bale(Suarez in this case).

Thoughts?

Could we see another Bale incident where Bale(Suarez in this case) goes for a stupid price and we get Ozil(Sanchez in this case) to help fund some of funds used to buy Bale(Suarez in this case).

Thoughts?

It will probably end up being a last minute deal again, which will drive everyone to distraction.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ah, no way he carries him.
    More like they complement each other.

"Your socks are lovely today."
    "Not as nice as yours."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Graham Hunter spouts so much ****e. Every now and again, by the law of averages, he gets something right. But by and large it's all crap.

He told anyone who'd listen that Cesc to Barca was a done deal for 5 summers. Of course at some stage he was going to be right.

Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Graham Hunter spouts so much ****e. Every now and again, by the law of averages, he gets something right. But by and large it's all crap.

He told anyone who'd listen that Cesc to Barca was a done deal for 5 summers. Of course at some stage he was going to be right.

Can't stand him.

Finally. Thought I was the only one. He's a clown. Generally if he has an opinion on a transfer I believe the opposite.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Finally. Thought I was the only one. He's a clown. Generally if he has an opinion on a transfer I believe the opposite.

Such a Barca sycophant as well

It's just how he says things. So matter of fact, like he's a personal mate with all parties involved, that gets on my tits.

Some man to name drop too.

Grrrrrr.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just some Remy facts:

1: he's 27
    2: when he was 25-26 he signed for QPR because they offered him more money
    3: he's only hit 1 in 2 for the last season at Newcastle. He never hit that total in France
    4: he averages a little over 20 games a season across his whole career, not sure if this is due to injury or bench warming but it's poor
    5: no one whatsoever seems to be, or has been, in for him apart from Newcastle and QPR

I really think that this is a fairly mediocre player and not the type we want with us.

Is anyone here basing the 'we must sign him' argument in anything apart from his decent Newcastle record over a tiny sample (cough Ba and Cisse cough cough) and that slick goal he scored for QPR?

If so can you fill me in?

I mean he's been on offer for a few years since he didn't make it at Lyon. Europe's clubs have seen this guy and passed up on him. What else are people here seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

AdamD wrote: »
    Player swaps are a mythical occurrence created by the daily mail

This + 1000 they never happen yet ever window papers make it up and people believe

Mythical is the right description

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Ozil really needs runners ahead of him, same story with this German team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

gosplan wrote: »
    Just some Remy facts:

3: he's only hit 1 in 2 for the last season at Newcastle. He never hit that total in France
    4: he averages a little over 20 games a season across his whole career, not sure if this is due to injury or bench warming but it's poor
    5: no one whatsoever seems to be, or has been, in for him apart from Newcastle and QPR

I really think that this is a fairly mediocre player and not the type we want with us.

Is anyone here basing the 'we must sign him' argument in anything apart from his decent Newcastle record over a tiny sample (cough Ba and Cisse cough cough) and that slick goal he scored for QPR?

I mean he's been on offer for a few years since he didn't make it at Lyon. Europe's clubs have seen this guy and passed up on him. What else are people here seeing?

If he signed for us he would score 20+ league goals. Would be a slight upgrade on Giroud in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

nice goal from Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The amount of attention Ozil garners when a team isn't playing well is crazy. He's always singled out even when everyone is playing poorly.

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    nice goal from Ozil

That'll do him the world of good. He worked his socks off tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The amount of attention Ozil garners when a team isn't playing well is crazy. He's always singled out even when everyone is playing poorly.

Suppose thats the pressure that comes with being as good as he is, every team would want him. The bitterness in that thread when he scored :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I don't know what people expected from Ozil tonight.
    He was played on the left wing for most of the match. Not exactly his best position.

Played 120 minutes tonight as well. Thought he couldn't play more than 65 - 70?

rubbish. i can have fun ripping his stats alone for tonight.

His passing for instance was awful be surprised if he even got above 60& pass accuracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

greendom wrote: »
    Played 120 minutes tonight as well. Thought he couldn't play more than 65 - 70?

And ran his socks off till the end.
    He can do it when he is bothered. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Raf32 wrote: »
    Suppose thats the pressure that comes with being as good as he is, every team would want him. The bitterness in that thread when he scored :D

Great craic though.

Just some Remy facts:

yea forget him.

get Sanchez. 45m sorted.

then another 45m for that James Rodriguez bloke from colombia/Morocco

rubbish. i can have fun ripping his stats alone for tonight.

His passing for instance was awful be surprised if he even got above 60& pass accuracy

Ozil - 1 goal, 4 chances created in open play & 88% pass accuracy with all 59/67 completed in the middle or final third

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

The absolute idiocy of Collins when near the end of the match, he said Ozil had been "disappointing".

It's not his fault his teammates weren't putting away Ozils excellent passes. Think the cross to Muller.

Ozil - 1 goal, 4 chances created in open play & 88% pass accuracy with all 59/67 completed in the middle or final third

link to that pass accuracy.

nonsense IMO as i saw soo many miss-placed passes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Bbbbbooooooooommmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ozil had an amazing game when compared to Kroos and Gotze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

d55ff03072c0f003c3cdcfb931e6d96e.png

They tend to weight goals rather heavily though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Haters

Gonna

Hate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You might've seen 8. That would seem like loads if you didn't notice the 59 that weren't misplaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Dapics wrote: »
    The absolute idiocy of Collins when near the end of the match, he said Ozil had been "disappointing".

It's not his fault his teammates weren't putting away Ozils excellent passes. Think the cross to Muller.

It all comes back to Mourinho's comments about him being the best number 10 in the world. The fact that Ozil was playing for him seems to get lost on everyone, and we all know the "mind games" the Mourinho plays.

Ozil is a fantastic player, but will never get the goals that the other "best number 10's" have in the past. He probably is as creative as all of them, but he plays a little deeper and looks to give that one pass rather than create an opportunity for himself. But because he was given that label and the perception/expectation that goes along with all that, when he doesn't score the Zidane/Maradonna type goals, all of a sudden he is disappointing, despite whatever else he has done throughout the match.

On twitter. His passes werent as bad as people are making out, not his usual standard but still one of the best on the pitch. Playing out the wing isnt helping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I don't know how people can think Ozil had a bad game tonight. He played a very disciplined game on the wing, largely pulling the fullback wide to create space for the overlapping runs from his team mates. If anything, he was a bit unlucky, watch the highlights of Germany's main chances and Ozil is in acres on the left side of the box for each of them, the rest of his team mates were simply too direct to try and find him.

Flagged a bit around the 70th minute mark but found his second wind not long after Germany's goal and overall, pressed more than I've ever seen from him before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

And so it begins! Guessing that the colour behind each player represents the colour and design of each kit. 3 different neck lines. Official launch on July 10th

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140630/puma-and-arsenal-partnership-begins

BraiCxUIUAAGrXk.jpg:large

:pac: Player manager for next season perhaps? :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    If he signed for us he would score 20+ league goals. Would be a slight upgrade on Giroud in my opinion.

He's a slightly younger Odemwinge.

There have got to be 10-20 better strikers we can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

He's a slightly younger Odemwinge.

There have got to be 10-20 better strikers we can get.

PL proven & in a similar price range, go:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm baffled Remy eh

Fans: Come on Arsenal were a big club we should be winning the league.

Some the same fans: Sign Remy.

A mediocre player who has had a mediocre career and never had one top club go for him the mind boggles sometimes.

Also I'll say it now we will never sign Remy not unless it the last day of the window and were desperate.

• Advertisement

I'm baffled Remy eh

Fans: Come on Arsenal were a big club we should be winning the league.

Some the same fans: Sign Remy.

A mediocre player who has had a mediocre career and never had one top club go for him the mind boggles sometimes.

Also I'll say it now we will never sign Remy not unless it the last day of the window and were desperate.

Bit harsh on the lad to be fair. Its his style of play that would want him to sign for us, bucket loads of pace who loves to make runs in behind and is a lethal finisher. Marseille paid big money for him and everywhere hes has gone he has scored goals at around a 40% strike rate. I think he would be a goal every 2 games striker for us with the likes of Ozil supplying him.

As for no big club been in for him, that could be to do with the fact he has a heart defect.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    PL proven & in a similar price range, go:

So if I can't name a player, he doesn't exist?

Why PL proven and the price range though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Bit harsh on the lad to be fair. Its his style of play that would want him to sign for us, bucket loads of pace who loves to make runs in behind and is a lethal finisher. Marseille paid big money for him and everywhere hes has gone he has scored goals at around a 40% strike rate. I think he would be a goal every 2 games striker for us with the likes of Ozil supplying him.

As for no big club been in for him, that could be to do with the fact he has a heart defect.

Not to be cruel but WTF, we have enough injury problems as it is without bringing genetic defects into it! And are we not considered a big club?

Not to be cruel but WTF, we have enough injury problems as it is without bringing genetic defects into it!

This is true.

People have spent years complaining about the deadwood and injury prone players and now we HAVE to sign a player who really shouldn't be considered part of our future plans, would be impossible to get rid of, on the guts of 100k pw plus he has a heart problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Yeah Remy is a bad choice IMO, Sanchez would be fantastic but let's be honest can you see us getting him? I can't, prob be stuck with Giroud, Sanogo and Campbell in all honesty, although i've always wondered why he never gives Podolski a go up front, he'd be much better there than the LW, also we have Walcott back for pace.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah Remy is a bad choice IMO, Sanchez would be fantastic but let's be honest can you see us getting him? I can't, prob be stuck with Giroud, Sanogo and Campbell in all honesty, although i've always wondered why he never gives Podolski a go up front, he'd be much better there than the LW, also we have Walcott back for pace.

He's tried Pod up front a few times, Sanogo is better than him in that role tbh. He needs someone to play off, Pod just isn't a lone striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He's tried Pod up front a few times, Sanogo is better than him in that role tbh. He needs someone to play off, Pod just isn't a lone striker.

Yeah i've seen him there a handful of times for like halve a game or 60 mins, i don't think he's really been given a chance to get into that role, he cud play off Ozil, some nice give and go's, simple stuff, and with walcott and chambo sprinting down both wings drilling balls in i much rather podolski in there than sanago, podolski has the killer instinct and a great finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Great craic though.

Just read through that thread. .Some fans are hilarious :D

Not to be cruel but WTF, we have enough injury problems as it is without bringing genetic defects into it! And are we not considered a big club?

Of course were a big club. Its the same heart defect that Kanu had when he wasnt wanted anymore by Milan and look how that worked out. Pretty sure Diame has the same defect it doesnt effect there career at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

So if I can't name a player, he doesn't exist?

Why PL proven and the price range though?

maybe they do. though you reckon there's 10-20 of them, yet don't name any alternative

PL proven & price range;
    two things, the first that he's capable of adapting to and scoring in england, some players need time to settle in & others it just doesn't work for.
    i mentioned long & jelevaic in another post, 14-16mil combined, van wolfswinkle 8.5m scored 1 goal on the opening day of the season.

and the second is that it allows arsenal to spend the majority of the budget elsewhere and still get a decent player who'd be a good addition
    striker ~30m
    dm ~20
    rb ~10
    cb ~7
    gk ~3 (if even)
    remy 8-10m

remy is value at his price, you have to admit that. brings pace & goals, could play anywhere in the front 3.

Of course were a big club. Its the same heart defect that Kanu had when he wasnt wanted anymore by Milan and look how that worked out. Pretty sure Diame has the same defect it doesnt effect there career at all.

I dunno the reason but it's less than 200 club appearances for a player going 28.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement