Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Looking liverpool bound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Confidence levels on Sanchez from past experience?

Will he go to Arsenal or inevitably Liverpool?

In recent years I've always deemed us the more attractive option.

If we both bid the same and offer the same wages Arsenal have the edge imo London is a much bigger draw than Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

In recent years I've always deemed us the more attractive option.

If we both bid the same and offer the same wages Arsenal have the edge imo London is a much bigger draw than Liverpool.

A Suarez less Liverpool could be a big factor too against them, although he is suited more to their counter attacking game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If we sign Sanchez ill cry, what a player he is. He would tear most defences to shreds in the Prem Lge. World class player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

How much would it usually be to get a return flight to London, watch an arsenal game and stay one night in a decent hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looking liverpool bound.

Doubt it. Actually the only position they really don't need improvement.

gosplan wrote: »
    Doubt it. Actually the only position they really don't need improvement.

Hopefully. But what team doesn't need Alexis Sanchez?

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this, now i understand it is the Metro, but if your optimistic ;)

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/01/arsenal-make-19-4million-transfer-offer-for-barcelona-winger-alexis-sanchez-4783413/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

How much would it usually be to get a return flight to London, watch an arsenal game and stay one night in a decent hotel?

Priceless :D but were sponsored by puma now and not carlsberg. so a couple hundred euro would do you, with a membership of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

flights about 100 return with aer lingus to heathrow.
    game, 40 euro plus.

I stay in my in-laws if staying over so not sure about hotel costs.
    Generally I go and come back on the same day.

quikcunny wrote: »
    Priceless :D but were sponsored by puma now and not carlsberg. so a couple hundred euro would do you, with a membership of course

Umm what kind of membership?? The red membership you can get on the website?

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this, now i understand it is the Metro, but if your optimistic ;)

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/01/arsenal-make-19-4million-transfer-offer-for-barcelona-winger-alexis-sanchez-4783413/

typical lowball effort. we really annoy me in the transfers!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    game, 40 euro plus.

So like 200 quid or so if i go back the same day? that's not actually that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If Liverpool have any cop on they'll insist on Sanchez as part of the Suarez deal. I wouldnt be too confident about landing him.

Looks like Toni Kroos is going to Real. We should chase Khedira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

keano_afc wrote: »
    If Liverpool have any cop on they'll insist on Sanchez as part of the Suarez deal. I wouldnt be too confident about landing him.

Looks like Toni Kroos is going to Real. We should chase Khedira.

They can't make Sanchez join them if he doesn't want to though. We'll just have to hope that he has good taste :D

• Advertisement

game, 40 euro plus.

I always fly into stansted, is that not quicker/easier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'd guess depends where you are flying from. Standstead is the kiddy though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

stanstead/gatwick definitely easier.

So like 200 quid or so if i go back the same day? that's not actually that bad.

yeah i usually head over on the early flight, get a tube to the in-laws for a hello, tube to arsenal, pint or two, pie, into the match, tube to heathrow, home for (recorded) match of the day for about 200. Well worth it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surely 30m would be the minimum they will accept? Would be funny if we got him for less than what Lallana cost though. :pac:

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »

but you can get the tube from heathrow to Arsenal. I've not gone the other way but let me know how it's easier i'd be willing to give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

shano_88 wrote: »

Luton is pretty handy too.

but you can get the tube from heathrow to Arsenal. I've not gone the other way but let me know how it's easier i'd be willing to give it a shot.

I didnt realise you can get the tube directly from heathrow, i normally get the train from stansted to Totthenham Hale, then the tube to Arsenal from there, only a couple of stops in the tube from there. The train is a rip-off though.

edit: Train station is actually Totthenham Hale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely 30m would be the minimum they will accept? Would be funny if we got him for less than what Lallana cost though. :pac:

Turdy's head would explode as he tries desperately to spin it into a negative for Arsenal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

yeah i usually head over on the early flight, get a tube to the in-laws for a hello, tube to arsenal, pint or two, pie, into the match, tube to heathrow, home for (recorded) match of the day for about 200. Well worth it.

You day is ran with military precision. Good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

much quicker. can be at the emirates in 45mins from stanstead.

stanstead to tottenham hale in about 25-30mins and then 15mins from totenham hale to finsbury square

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Again, Metro, but 20m is far too low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

Umm what kind of membership?? The red membership you can get on the website?

Yea it's like 40 odd euro. Then u can buy tickets

Thanks guys, i am defo going to go see at least 1 match this year, have never been to the emirates, i went to highbury when i was about 7 or 8 but since then i just havent had the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Well it does make sense he would prefer us. They havent won a trophy in years :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

ronjo wrote: »
    Well it does make sense he would prefer us. They havent won a trophy in years :pac:

Careful, you might get a ban for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Thanks guys, i am defo going to go see at least 1 match this year, have never been to the emirates, i went to highbury when i was about 7 or 8 but since then i just havent had the money.

Well worth the trip. I try to get over at least once a season. A daytrip would normally cost me:
    €60 on flights
    €50 on match ticket
    €25 getting around London
    €30 food and drinks

Not too bad all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Not sure if this was posted..

David Ornstein -
    Joel Campbell will report for pre-season with Arsenal late July / early August & compete for 1st team place

i swear i have been to most of arsenals home games last season. really happy that i am able to do so both traveling wise and financial wise and urge any of you lot who has never been to simply go if you have the funds and time to go.

What was my memorable game in terms of vibes?

Arsenal vs Liverpool when we simply dominiated and beat them whilst an inform suarez was playing.

Best away fans i have heard? Dortmound when they came around. they was EPIC!

Most dissapointing game? Arsenal vs Manu. diabolical laughable game. i wanted my money back after that and i remember it happened during Tube strike.

It was fun taking 2 hours to get home(live maybe 10-12miles away from emirates)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Rocket_Man

Daily Mail reporting (unable to post link) that Sanchez would prefer move to us over Liverpool and that this has become a bit of a stumbling block to Suarez move.....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Rocket_Man wrote: »
    Daily Mail reporting (unable to post link) that Sanchez would prefer move to us over Liverpool and that this has become a bit of a stumbling block to Suarez move.....

Iti s the daily mail though: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2677843/Alexis-Sanchez-says-prefer-join-Arsenal-not-Liverpool-despite-Barcelona-wanting-use-Luis-Suarez-deal.html

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted..

David Ornstein -

There is our new signing! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

There is our new signing! haha

He'll be good cover until Walcott is back.

Just a teaser for anyone who hasn't seen Sanchez play much, well worth the watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

From the POV of wanting to build a team who will challenge for the league next season, a 28 year old Debuchy with 2 years PL experience makes more sense than a 21 year old Aurier with little experience.

Debuchy is hitting his prime now so its a no brainer to sign him.
    I'd rather have Debuchy than have had Sagna sign another 2-3yr contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Looks like Debuchy is pretty much a cert

https://twitter.com/LaurensJulien/status/484314881026703360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BrjGTw4IcAAYuIc.jpg

So if any of our WC players win the tournament.. Can we count it as a Trophy? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭ronjo

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So if any of our WC players win the tournament.. Can we count it as a Trophy? :p

Sure we won one recently... Dont need to be doing that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Craig Gordon still available on a free, he would be a shrewd signing for a back up keeper which is badly needed.

The gift that keeps on giving :pac: Mert told ZDF after the game he was going to sit in ice to cool down after the intense encounter with Algeria (or something to that line) Sure enough, he kept his word :D

Brev2lzIUAACdyG.jpg:large

he's well on his way to becoming a legend

he's well on his way to becoming a legend

Apres Match done mock up's of real interviews with German players the other day. The bould Mert was chanting 'DEUTSCHLAND, DEUTSCHLAND' like a supporter at one part of it. Gas man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sanchez in our new Puma kit[IMG]http:///Users/conorkavanagh/Desktop/02-Hugo-Sánchez.jpg[/IMG]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement