Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Very very true.

Lfc fan here, feel like Liverpool will offer higher ways than AFC but next few weeks will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Lfc fan here, feel like Liverpool will offer higher ways than AFC but next few weeks will be interesting.

We've got the Resources to outmuscle Liverpool.
    But we might not use them. It's a great frustration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There's talk (or twitter ****e if you will) that our bid is lower than Liverpool's to take account of the money still owed for Song and Fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Our wage bill is already higher than Liverpools I'm mistified were the idea of Liverpool being able to or offering a higher wage than we will or couldn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Suarez to Barcelona
    Sanchez to Arsenal
    Wenger to join twitter and ask for some of what John Henry's smoking

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Some craic how this goes on every year. The amount of stuff that happens us every single year is very amusing and people say Liverpool are obsessed with history!

Would it not have been so much more enonomically to buy Suarez last year? Thats the thing about our policy, we spend more money in the end, extra 20 last year and we would have won the league and have Suarez to sell for 80 and get sanchez.

Some craic how this goes on every year. The amount of stuff that happens us every single year is very amusing and people say Liverpool are obsessed with history!

Would it not have been so much more enonomically to buy Suarez last year? Thats the thing about our policy, we spend more money in the end, extra 20 last year and we would have won the league and have Suarez to sell for 80 and get sanchez.

Maybe, but now we'd probably be in Liverpool's shoes. A player banned from playing for 4 months desperate to go to Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If we had of signed him last year we wouldn't have signed Ozil and would be in the same position as Liverpool now.

It wouldn't surprise me if this whole biting incident was a predetermined plan to extract himself from Liverpool to Barca or Real. Either way he is treating Liverpool in a disgusting manner especially as they backed him so fully with the Evra incident and the Chelsea biting incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    Maybe, but now we'd probably be in Liverpool's shoes. A player banned from playing for 4 months desperate to go to Spain.

We would surely end up getting a lot less for him than Liverpool will.

greendom wrote: »

That's what I mean about haing 80 million and Sanchez! Also our team are desperate to go to Spain at the best of times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

There is a thing called Chaos Theory

If all thinking was like this, Costa Rica would be the current world champions (according to the unoffical world cup)

We would have won the legaue, well maybe not actually cause we would have still needed someone like Ozil and he wouldn't have got the 2 of them. Maybe he he really does know after all!

Just a teaser for anyone who hasn't seen Sanchez play much, well worth the watch.

Oh sweet jesus...

Must. Not. Get. Too. Excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Oh sweet jesus...

Too late for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Oh sweet jesus...

Does he come with those 2 lads laying most of those goals on a plate for him , Neymar and Messi ...could do with those lads too

Does he come with those 2 lads laying most of those goals on a plate for him , Neymar and Messi ...could do with those lads too

Just Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla...

Jaysis. Him on the end of an Ozil cross.

I'd have some of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

One thing about the Suarez transfer, it's a club who were banned from signing players, trying to sign a player who is banned from playing.

Its like the alignment of two dodgy forces, barca and chewy luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

gandalf wrote: »
    If we had of signed him last year we wouldn't have signed Ozil and would be in the same position as Liverpool now.

It wouldn't surprise me if this whole biting incident was a predetermined plan to extract himself from Liverpool to Barca or Real. Either way he is treating Liverpool in a disgusting manner especially as they backed him so fully with the Evra incident and the Chelsea biting incident.

Not to derail the thread but he paid Liverpool back for sticking with him by scoring enough goals to get champions league football. It's his job to play football and barca is a step up. He owes the club nothing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its like the Death Star realising Darth Vader is the boss ! the Ultimate Evil if you will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Its like the Death Star realising Darth Vader is the boss ! the Ultimate Evil if you will

I always thought there was something missing:

Mes Que un Club - Una Estrella de la Muerte

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sanchez seems to me to be like a Nimbus 2000 (A quidditch stick) nifty and quick, and everyone wants one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It would have been better again to go back and buy him from Ajax before Liverpool did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This whole 'trying to sign better players than we have' thing is great, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Heard Hunter mentioning City may wait in the wings for Sanchez. That is worst case scenario for us I think. Especially the Chile link with Pellegrini. Hopefully he is just speculating as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Heard Hunter mentioning City may wait in the wings for Sanchez. That is worst case scenario for us I think. Especially the Chile link with Pellegrini. Hopefully he is just speculating as usual.

First thing I read on the net today, great way to start thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Apologies if posted before, heres a picture of our new away kit, its not bad at all.

313186.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Apologies if posted before, heres a picture of our new away kit, its not bad at all.

313186.png

Is it just me or is the neck very long and low, if it is I am getting one for the missus and none for me!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Very very off the topic at hand, but does it really really piss anyone else off that in FIFA 14 every year our budget is like 30mill? I mean where one of the richest clubs in the world, and the budget is 30mill...not to mention the amount of underrated players and poorly misjudged potential :mad: damn you FIFA

Sounds realistic tbh. :P

• Advertisement

Sounds realistic tbh. :P

Ya know, it's hard to ****ing argue there :o

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Very very off the topic at hand, but does it really really piss anyone else off that in FIFA 14 every year our budget is like 30mill? I mean where one of the richest clubs in the world, and the budget is 30mill...not to mention the amount of underrated players and poorly misjudged potential :mad: damn you FIFA

The budget is £30m but you have cash reserves of over £100m to make the bank balance look pretty.

Pudders wrote: »
    The budget is £30m but you have cash reserves of over £100m to make the bank balance look pretty.

And how do i access this "100mill" -.-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the neck very long and low, if it is I am getting one for the missus and none for me!!!!!

I cant post links on this because ''I'm a new member''

large different necks for all three, Puma were trying to represent different eras in the Arsenal history

Search Puma home/away/3rd kit 2014/2015 in twitter and you should see!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

byrneg28 wrote: »
    I cant post links on this because ''I'm a new member''

large different necks for all three, Puma were trying to represent different eras in the Arsenal history

Search Puma home/away/3rd kit 2014/2015 in twitter and you should see!

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/10/arsenal-14-15-2014-15-puma-home-kit.html

I like that third kit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The more this saga goes on the more getting Sanchez to Arsenal instead of LFC is critical. McBitey leaving them will be a huge blow and preventing a ready made replacement would be like killing two birds with one stone. I'd say they'd struggle to attract someone else of his level without the bargaining chip of Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Agree the neck is way to wide for my liking, always loved a jersey that is tight around the neck especially one with collars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Apparently we've bid 30mil for Khedira and Ozil is whispering in his ear.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140703/real-madrid/el-arsenal-a-por-khedira_54410682346.html

Jaafa wrote: »

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140703/real-madrid/el-arsenal-a-por-khedira_54410682346.html

I'm sorry but am i supposed to be able to read that? :confused:

We've bid 30 million for him, according to the article, and Madrid would be happy to let him go as they need to fund the purchases of Kroos and Rodriguez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Chrome translate is your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Khedira and Ramsey together would have every blade of grass on the pitch covered , He is decent in the air too and on great terms with Ozil, will definitely be happy to see some truth in that rumour!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Chrome translated it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Jaafa wrote: »

Khedira and Sanchez? Sounds way too good to be true. Trying not to get hopes up.

Chrome said it couldn't translate it for me, sounds good but like Godge said Khedira and Sanchez is just too unrealistic going by previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You do know you are not supposed to spend that money :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Chrome said it couldn't translate it for me, sounds good but like Godge said Khedira and Sanchez is just too unrealistic going by previous years.

Would be serious business though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would be serious business though.

Serious Business? I'd ****ing cry man.

I see Anouk Hoogendijk has gone back to Ajax :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Am i the only that thinks buying the players top teams are trying to get rid of to buy better players is a tad strange. Why arent we competing with these better teams, like Real, to get the players they want (and obv we want) instead of buying the players they're offloading to fund other players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I see Anouk Hoogendijk has gone back to Ajax :(

Biggest loss of the summer for me :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement