Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

greendom wrote: »
    And I wonder where Juve fit into all of this - his first choice apparently ?

I assume he wants to link up with his Chilean team mate Vidal. If we sign Vidal then we make it an easy decision for him to come to Arsenal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Giroud scored more with similar assists. Didn't cost 40mill.

Giroud started up front and played a huge amount of games whereas Sanchez was used mainly on the wing and didnt start anywhere as near the amount of games as Giroud. You cant compare both players because Sanchez is on another planet in terms of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to get him. I just thought early thirties would have been the value.
    That said, in world where David Luiz is 50mill, who the f*ck knows.

Giroud is an out an out striker who scored 22 goals a got a few assists

Sanchez is a winger who scored 21 goals and got 15 assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to get him. I just thought early thirties would have been the value.
    That said, in world where David Luiz is 50mill, who the f*ck knows.

Well it took Giroud 43 games to score 19 goals and get 10 assists.
    Sanchez got 21 goals and 12 assists in 36 games. (Stats only include League and CL)

Sanchez is also a winger which imo makes it more impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Well it took Giroud 45 games to score 19 goals and get 10 assists.
    Sanchez got 21 goals and 12 assists in 36 games. (Stats only include League and CL)

Sanchez is also a winger which imo makes it more impressive.

It does, i know.

40million though. Maybe 40 is the new 30!

Giroud is an out an out striker who scored 22 goals a got a few assists

Sanchez is a winger who scored 21 goals and got 15 assists.

Giroud played 670 more minutes last season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I've a friend who lives in barcelona, he says it's all over the catalan media and Graham hunter said as much yesterday.

it's not like we don't have history of penny pinching.

But what's your source for what you actually wrote there? Graham Hunter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Sanchez is caviar. Giroud's a hard boiled egg.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Giroud played 670 more minutes last season too.

Could be argued that he was flogged to death also.

I'm not for a second saying Sanchez isn't a far far superior player BTW.

It does, i know.

Unfortunately these are the crazy prices you have to pay for the very best players in the world, I think as fans who pay for the highest ticket prices in England we deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

But what's your source for what you actually wrote there? Graham Hunter?

no Fuzzy, my mate in barcelona is telling me what their media is saying.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Unfortunately these are the crazy prices you have to pay for the very best players in the world, I think as fans who pay for the highest ticket prices in England we deserve it.

Can't argue with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It does, i know.

Well he moved to Barca for €28m, had two good seasons there and then an impressive World Cup, I don't think it's too unreasonable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Don't Barca owe us 12 or 15 million? I don't know if it's in pounds or euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Graham Hunter along with Balague are both about as reliable as goal.com or sky sports Italia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Not overly confident but Debuchy, Khedira/Vidal and Sanchez along with a decent back up GK plus keeping Verm for one more season would be a serious bit of summer work and not beyond us financially. Sanchez would be a great addition as he can play wide and up front which are two places we need some depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

€40mill for Sanchez seems a lot.

Lapland just cost 25 million. 40 million is what I would expect to pay for him after the World Cup he has had. He has shown that he can be a leader and at another club he would surely step out of the shadow of messi and neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah we better cough up for god sake

You've got Arsene's number, but you can only send him a 140 Character text that he must read, what is it?

• Advertisement

Arsene get in done for **** sake ....!!! don't need the rest of the 140 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

"Ozil is such a flop"
    BroooCTCAAAEsUb.jpg

How James Rodriguez isn't in that list is baffling..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

How James Rodriguez isn't in that list is baffling..

and geoff cameron is :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

Arsenal 2014/2015...

xibh.png

ac1b.png

Ok...I put 12 people in one team but just couldn't make up my mind.....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Arsenal 2014/2015...

Ok...I put 12 people in one team but just couldn't make up my mind.....

You also got your left and right mixed up for the wingers :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

When formations start to get made, that's when you know it isn't happening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You've got Arsene's number, but you can only send him a 140 Character text that he must read, what is it?

There hasn't been a single shred of anything concrete from anyone.

The best we have to go on is Debuchy removing people from twitter.

Practically everything else is coming from Spain which means it's Barca trying to drum up interest in Sanchez.

What about the French Journo saying last week Schneiderlin and Sanchez were done , And now it seems Khedira is coming ....I hate this time of season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

What about the French Journo saying last week Schneiderlin and Sanchez were done , And now it seems Khedira is coming ....I hate this time of season

Yep, that's why I'm believing absolutely nothing until I see the player on Arsenal.com. Not getting my hopes up as this club is adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when it comes to transfers.

gosplan wrote: »

Practically everything else is coming from Spain which means it's Barca trying to drum up interest in Sanchez.

Thats what ud say to wenger???

• Advertisement

Thats what ud say to wenger???

Oh yeah, oops.

Genuinely, I'd say..

'I'm delighted that your project is coming to fruition and Arsenal are keeping their wirld class talent and in the mix for players like Ozil and Sanchez. Fair play for believing in yourself and having such integrity. Please stay as long as you can. But overall, well played sir, well played.'

Di Marzio is extremely reliable and has broke pretty much all the big transfers so far.
    According to him we've bid £25M which is around €31M (Barca have said they want €35-40M).

Also Sky Sports have said that any deal for Sanchez will be separate from the Suarez deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Di Marzio is extremely reliable and has broke pretty much all the big transfers so far.
    According to him we've bid £25M which is around €31M (Barca have said they want €35-40M).

Also Sky Sports have said that any deal for Sanchez will be separate from the Suarez deal.

I hope we don't lose out to another English team over the sake of a couple of million.

Every where is saying us or Liverpool for Sanchez but I have a bad feeling City or Chelsea could get involved. City have been quiet so far

jonny666 wrote: »
    I hope we don't lose out to another English team over the sake of a couple of million.

Every where is saying us or Liverpool for Sanchez but I have a bad feeling City or Chelsea could get involved. City have been quiet so far

Man City won't touch him since they've been hit with a 60M fine from Uefa and their not allowed to spend more than 49M on transfers.

And Chelsea already have loads of wide players Hazard,Schürrle,Willian.. So they won't want to spend all that cash on positions there full in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jonny666 wrote: »

Chelsea are done for this summer. Anyone else will be fairly cheap by their standards. City don't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Homestore and more --

"When all the 40 million wingers are gone, they're gone"

Get the finger out Wenger and spend a few quid before some club beats you to it again.

Ok take this with a pinch of salt but it looks like Alexis' agent Fernando Felicevich has just started following Arsenal, Ozil, Arteta etc on twitter.

Seems that he is is agent and it is his account if this article is to be believed

http://blog.fieldoo.com/2013/12/fernando-felicevich-and-his-path-of-becoming-a-football-agent/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

gosplan wrote: »

As you are mentioning dubious sources and Twitter, there is this........

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/alexis-sanchezs-agent-hints-at-arsenal-transfer-by-following-gunners-stars-on-twitter-4786271/?

Man City won't touch him since they've been hit with a 60M fine from Uefa and their not allowed to spend more than 49M on transfers.

And Chelsea already have loads of wide players Hazard,Schürrle,Willian.. So they won't want to spend all that cash on positions there full in.

I would be more worried about PSG or Monaco getting involved.

He also follows Man utd and a bunch of other clubs.. I'd say its been done to stir the pot.

• Advertisement

He also follows Man utd and a bunch of other clubs.. I'd say its been done to stir the pot.

True but it's more the fact that he just started following them all very recently. Maybe he's just taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Ok take this with a pinch of salt but it looks like Alexis' agent Fernando Felicevich has just started following Arsenal, Ozil, Arteta etc on twitter.

Seems that he is is agent and it is his account if this article is to be believed

http://blog.fieldoo.com/2013/12/fernando-felicevich-and-his-path-of-becoming-a-football-agent/

He also represents Vidal... and Gary Medel

The fact you'd have to go looking for it makes me think that you are felicevich.

Nice try fernando

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Completely forgot about Cities fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I reckon any deal for Sanchez/Vidal could take ages. It's been clear since long before the season's end that both of them have a desire to play their club football together. Juventus could most likely facilitate this, but then there's reports of interest in both players from ourselves and Utd too which has gone and complicated things. So I reckon Sanchez will stall signing any deal until Vidals future becomes more certain. And I also reckon this is perhaps why Barca were also so willing to enter a cash only deal for Suarez so early in the negotiation process, even though Liverpool appear to place a higher valuation on him than any other club which would have made the deal a lot easier.

Then of course if Arsenal or someone else do bid for Vidal, he could stall until he knows what happens with his mate Sanchez... there's a risk it could all end up a bit of a Mexican standoff and nothing happens until 10pm deadline day! Oh joy!

The twitter lie machine is reporting that Suarez deal has happened at €90 million pure cash deal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gandalf wrote: »
    The twitter lie machine is reporting that Suarez deal has happened at €90 million pure cash deal!!!

Can't believe that. Thought 65 would do it.

Can't believe that. Thought 65 would do it.

Reports suggesting Liverpool have bid €60 million for Andy Carroll :P

• Advertisement

Debuchy just favorited a tweet about going to Arsenal!!

I think he's on the way lads!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement