Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm I wonder will we have a couple of players at the big shirt unveiling on the 10th ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

gandalf wrote: »
    Hmmm I wonder will we have a couple of players at the big shirt unveiling on the 10th ;)

Hopefully France get knocked out tomorrow so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'd say that's him in the bag. I'm hopeful of alexis too. Then a mid, backup cb, gk, and roll on next season.

Third place could be ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'd say that's him in the bag. I'm hopeful of alexis too. Then a mid, backup cb, gk, and roll on next season.

Third place could be ours!

Steady on there, dont be getting ahead of yourself. We are still a long way away for securing a third place finish. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

shano_88 wrote: »
    Steady on there, dont be getting ahead of yourself. We are still a long way away for securing a third place finish. :pac:

Sorry, you're right, but you know how it goes, #makeusdream, we could win the Topoftheleagueatchristmas trophy, and make a push for second if we get the right lads in.

Debuchy is a good signing with bellerin and jenks waiting in the wings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Sorry, you're right, but you know how it goes, #makeusdream, we could win the Topoftheleagueatchristmas trophy, and make a push for second if we get the right lads in.

Debuchy is a good signing with bellerin and jenks waiting in the wings.

If we add that to our 4th place trophy, the cabinet will be starting to look full again!

I done a comparison of Debuchy vs Sagna, Aurier, Zabaleta and Ivanovic on Squawka. He compared very well to all of them. He has a higher percentage of headers won than Sagna which was the surprising one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/arsenal-open-transfer-talks-with-cork-city-over-new-seamus-coleman-brian-lenihan-4786316/

This lad could turn out to be the best signing,never mind all the other big time Charlie's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/03/arsenal-open-transfer-talks-with-cork-city-over-new-seamus-coleman-brian-lenihan-4786316/

This lad could turn out to be the best signing,never mind all the other big time Charlie's.

Thats great to see. He must be decent if arsenal are hunting him down at 20 years of age.

Premier league will be huge step up from the irish league but I hope he makes it.

Heheh looks like Silvio is pissed off with us :)

Saying that "BBalotelli's subdued displays in Brazil have halted the transfer."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/04/4934715/balotellis-poor-world-cup-stalled-premier-league-transfer?CMPID=FBUK_140704_BalotelliBerlusconi

Thats great to see. He must be decent if arsenal are hunting him down at 20 years of age.

Premier league will be huge step up from the irish league but I hope he makes it.

Fingers crossed it happens,but a bit of trivia for ya,this lad would become the 6th ex-Cork City player to play in the Premier League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Fingers crossed it happens,but a bit of trivia for ya,this lad would become the 6th ex-Cork City player to play in the Premier League.

Just a question whos the other 5?

I can name 4 in Meyler, Long, Doyle and O'Donovan, I'm sure I'm missing a fairly blatant one but cant think......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just a question whos the other 5?

I can name 4 in Meyler, Long, Doyle and O'Donovan, I'm sure I'm missing a fairly blatant one but cant think......

Colin Healy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Colin Healy?

Ah bo**ocks :rolleyes: :pac:

Colin Healy?

No,it was Damien Delaney.Colin Healy was'nt ex Cork City.He went to Cork City after being in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Lads do you think we will get Sanchez?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think if we want him we'll get him - depends on our valuation

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

As long as Suarez to Barca is cash only and we don't muck about, we should get him. Thats of course we're even interested in the first place.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I think if we want him we'll get him - depends on our valuation

This!!!!

If Arsene decides to open the wallet fully I reckon he's ours, if he does what he has in the past and lowballs it the it will be cocked up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Lads do you think we will get Sanchez?

Simply, no i don't. :(

The longer this goes, the less its in our favour imo. Who would we want if we miss out on him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Raf32 wrote: »
    The longer this goes, the less its in our favour imo. Who would we want if we miss out on him?

Cuadrado

We'd just have to settle for someone like Messi or Robben i guess.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think we'll go for Griezmann if Sanchez falls through.

Talk of Juve getting interested now, could see him wanting to team up with Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think we'll go for Griezmann if Sanchez falls through.

Talk of Juve getting interested now, could see him wanting to team up with Vidal.

Can Juve pay for him though?

I think of we offer enough he will come to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 green and yellow

Re Lenihan from Cork City, wouldn't it be nice to have an Irish lad in the squad. feels like it has been too long. who were the last ones? Stokes or Barrett got a couple of runs maybe, before that McGoldrick?

Arsenal have made an official bid for Alexis Sánchez

In other news, they're going to need a bigger banner!!

BrpyoclCAAAEZuZ.jpg

Arsenal have made an official bid for Alexis Sánchez

You can't just come out with that without dome sort of link!!

Where u seeing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Di maria for me (along with a certain french international who shall remain nameless)

What d'ya think will happen with schneiderlain?
    He's 3 years on his contact & they're getting good money for who they sell, turned 20m down for lovern, will he be too pricey for wenger/the board

• Advertisement

jonny666 wrote: »
    You can't just come out with that without dome sort of link!!

Where u seeing it?

Haha sorry, it's just **** i copied from twitter, although i thought it was pretty clear that we have made a bid for him???

If we are to get one of Schneiderlin or khedira who should we be going for first? I've not seen much of Schneiderlin and I always thought Khedira was very slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I saw a post on Reddit yesterday from liverpool fans saying how they should sit Sanchez down and show him DVDs of liverpool matches to try and convince him to join. :pac: They keep going on about the 5-1 but it always seems to slip their mind that we beat them in 2 of the 3 matches we played last season.

They then tend to eventually settle on the only reason he would join Arsenal is because it's in London.

I saw a post on Reddit yesterday from liverpool fans saying how they should sit Sanchez down and show him DVDs of liverpool matches to try and convince him to join. :pac: They keep going on about the 5-1 but it always seems to slip their mind that we beat them in 2 of the 3 matches we played last season.

They then tend to eventually settle on the only reason he would join Arsenal is because it's in London.

Poor dears :) Times like this i'm glad they didn't win that league. They are insufferable enough. Seems to also slip their mind as to which one of the two clubs won a trophy last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Also we got rewarded by beating them in the fa cup by winning the FA Cup.

What do runners up get? nothing.

You either win the league or finish within top 4. from 2nd to 4th really doesnt matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Not to mention playing in the finest stadia in all of England instead of the ancient ruins of Anfield :pac: Plus they havent won any silverware in years :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Not to mention playing in the finest stadia in all of England instead of the ancient ruins of Anfield :pac: Plus they havent won any silverware in years :cool:

Lets be fair lads, since Arsenal won the FA Cup in 2005

Liverpool have won a Champions League, a league cup and an FA Cup (and a few other ones but wont mention for arguments sake.. Charity Shield/Super Cup etc.)

Just because we've instantly won something after so long doesn't give us bragging rights, this is why most people hate our fans

byrneg28 wrote: »
    this is why most people hate our fans

I must have missed that :eek: If we cant brag after winning something last year then when can we, I am sure if they won the league last season it would be shoved down most fans necks :D

Liverpool have won a Champions League, a league cup and an FA Cup (and a few other ones but wont mention for arguments sake.. Charity Shield/Super Cup etc.)

Just because we've instantly won something after so long doesn't give us bragging rights, this is why most people hate our fans

We've consistently played better football and finished ahead of them in the league nearly every year since and play champions league football every year and beat them more times then they beat us, the FA cups cancel eachother out no one gives a **** about community shields etc and yes fair play to them for winning the CL but Porto won the champions league does that give them bragging rights over us? i don't think so.

I beg to differ.

And what are you on about with "instantly won"? The F.A. Cup isn't a raffle :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

As a Pool fan (who came in to get a take on the Sanchez thing), I have to agree!

You win your first trophy in YONKS, and you think that gives you bragging rights. Even though you haven't broken into the top 2 in 10 years.
    Convenient how apparently that doesn't matter once you finish in the top 4?

I don't hate Arsenal fans, but a decade of "This is good enough" and selling your star players has made you look for every possible argument as to why this is really ok...

• Advertisement

22 Years as a supposed "top team" with 0 PL title's to their name, Liverpool have no right to brag over any top team, not even Blackburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Dickerty wrote: »
    As a Pool fan (who came in to get a take on the Sanchez thing), I have to agree!

You win your first trophy in YONKS, and you think that gives you bragging rights. Even though you haven't broken into the top 2 in 10 years.

I don't hate Arsenal fans, but a decade of "This is good enough" and selling your star players has made you look for every possible argument as to why this is really ok...

Breaking into the top 2

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Convenient how the top 2 does matter, while top 4 doesn't. Right.

Not that I particularly care about petty bragging rights. Although it doesn't look like it's us selling our star player :pac:

I certainly think we have bragging rights over Liverpool at the present time (not that it matters), Look back over the last 10 years and even as far back since the Premier League started that we have been the much more consistent club and done so on a fraction of what Liverpool has spent (430 million spent by Arsenal and 699 million spent by Liverpool)

http://www.soccerroomtoday.com/arsenal/arsenal-set-for-35m-double-swoop-of-alexis-sanchez-and-mathieu-debuchy-for/

Never heard of soccerroomtoday but buying in Debuchy and loaning Jenks so he can play regularly would be fcking awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

So you're saying that Arsenal can't brag about winning the FA cup but Liverpool can for coming 2nd?

Nobody has been happy to be just finishing in the top 4 or having our players leave. But a lot of people can understand why it happened with the stadium being built.

22 Years as a supposed "top team" with 0 PL title's to their name, Liverpool have no right to brag over any top team, not even Blackburn.

But we AREN'T bragging. You are. You haven't won the league in 10 years, what's the statute on no longer being a big team?

And we have won the CL and UEFA cup in that 22 years you mentioned, isn't that worth a lot more than qualifying ever year and getting nowhere?
    What's the point in that?

At the end of the day, neither one of us is in a position to say "We are far bigger/better/more attractive", which is what I was trying to say, but surprise surprise, someone doesn't want to be told that the Emporer has no clothes on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

So you have come in here to brag about getting into the Champions League for the first time in five or so years and about to sell your best player of the last two decades at the peak of his career?

One league cup in 8 seasons is hardly recent success,

Convenient how the top 2 does matter, while top 4 doesn't. Right.

Not that I particularly care about petty bragging rights. Although it doesn't look like it's us selling our star player :pac:

Yeh, cause you'd never do that.

Overmars
    Henry
    Fabregas
    Song
    Nasri
    RVP

Riiiiiight....

Godge wrote: »
    So you have come in here to brag about getting into the Champions League for the first time in five or so years and about to sell your best player of the last two decades at the peak of his career?

One league cup in 8 seasons is hardly recent success,

Can you read? I never claimed ANY bragging rights. I just said your team didn't have them either. Pretty simple really. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement