Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Extra competition which is in no way a bad thing. Im expecting Walcott to have a huge season next year. He'll have a point to prove

I think it may be wise to not expect too much out of Theo too soon, thats a serious injury he is coming back from and some players especially with pace struggle with muscle injuries and that after such a lengthy spell on the sidelines. We may not see the best of him until the new year which is why its vital to sign somebody with some pace and Sanchez more than fits the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Don't worry, we'll find something to complain about.

Ummm.....

That little stripe on the sides of the apparent new kit? :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I think it may be wise to not expect too much out of Theo too soon, thats a serious injury he is coming back from and some players especially with pace struggle with muscle injuries and that after such a lengthy spell on the sidelines. We may not see the best of him until the new year which is why its vital to sign somebody with some pace and Sanchez more than fits the bill.

Fair point. Yeah i think Theo will need time but i expect him to come back very hungry based on the extra competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Fair point. Yeah i think Theo will need time but i expect him to come back very hungry based on the extra competition.

Definitely, he is a massive massive player for us and some people don't realise just how big a loss for us he was last season, I think had he stayed fit we would of gone very close to winning the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He's been putting regular training images and videos up on his instagram. He certainly looks hungry. Hope he has a good season next season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

poor defending by columbia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

French out and Chile out with Suarez heading to Barca should mean this week will be a busy one for us hopefully.

This could be the second season in a row where we do business with the two Spanish big boys and weaken premier league teams around us. All looks rosy for us at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Nothing confirmed yet. Let's cool our jets a little.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Nothing confirmed yet. Let's cool our jets a little.

I never let myself get run away with transfer news etc. BUT I think i'm going to use my "let's get carried away" coupon on this one! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've a feeling we won't get Sanchez..
    I feel like we'll back out or this Suarez deal will involve him some how.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

HazDanz wrote: »
    I never let myself get run away with transfer news etc. BUT I think i'm going to use my "let's get carried away" coupon on this one! :P

I do believe in this one though.

Wenger's comment about the fans being very happy with the summer was a clear sign of intent IMO. He knows he came out of last year looking foolish and totally missing out on someone for the position he wanted. He also knows that there would be a lot of discontent if this summer went the same way.

I know he's a bollocks for being cheap but I think at this stage he'd know getting the deal done is more important than getting a few million of what was probably a fair price to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There'll be tears yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Hope I'm wrong.

Yep. I'll be on edge till this is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Hope I'm wrong.

There's always the fear of another Higuain scenario.

I'm still quietly confident though That we'll get it done. I never learn :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

That could work albeit he's never been played there in his career from what I've seen of him, to do that would mean that you'd be playing him as an inside forward cutting in on his right to shoot but that's never really been a feature of his play. It'll be interesting to see how they work him. If I was a gambling man I wouldn't bet on him playing on the left.

Actually, he cuts inside and try to go through the middle an terrible amount, way more than he should an awful lot of the time! I think part of the reason Walcott was never considered for the left side is more down to the fact he leaves the RB very exposed at times and Sagna was able to handle that better than Gibbs & Monreal.

Seems like Debuchy is pretty much done at any rate. Solid signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Pretty happy with this. Not often we get guys with PL experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Are ye getting all this on twitter or what ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Are ye getting all this on twitter or what ?

Everything is on Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

To be honest, screw debuchy, we want Sanchez.

Solid signing my hole.

egghead. wrote: »
    To be honest, screw debuchy, we want Sanchez.

Solid signing my hole.

Debuchy isn't instead on Sanchez :confused:

Debuchy isn't instead on Sanchez :confused:

Sanchez to replace Sagna ?

greendom wrote: »
    Sanchez to replace Sagna ?

We do need to score more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

been beating this drum for a while now, but would love Bacca. anyone see him tonight? thought his movement was superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Everything is on Twitter unsubstantiated bullplop

fyp :P

yes there is a lot of that I'll grant you but an awful lot of good stuff too. Just like the internet

Latest from Spain (via Twitter) is that Barca have received offers for Sanchez from both ourselves and Juve. Ours is the better one but the Catalans are waiting to hear from the player and his wishes before accepting either.....

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/04/primera/1404503538_058074.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Looks like its Arsenal or Juventus for Sanchez. Fingers crossed but i fear it will be Juventus.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Looks like its Arsenal or Juventus for Sanchez. Fingers crossed but i fear it will be Juventus.

We've apparently offered him 140k per week. Could/would Juve match that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

If they sell Vidal to United - the nightmare scenario.

Chance to link up with Vidal/ return to italy might be tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If they sell Vidal to United - the nightmare scenario.

Or if we sign Sanchez we could take Vidal from United ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Lads where do you think Sanchez's best position would be for us potentially? Winger cutting inside playing alongside Giroud? Or main striker? Would you prefer a more direct striker? I haven't seen a huge amount from him, just curious for some thoughts.

Debuchy looks a solid replacement for Sagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Apparently debuchy himself just said on french tv that he's signing for us.

gandalf wrote: »
    Jaafa wrote: »
    Apparently debuchy himself just said on french tv that he's signing for us.

If Debuchy doesnt sign at this stage then my head will just explode with bewilderment (although you'd be entitled to assume ive seen it all before and should have seen it coming)

If a Finnish youth goalkeeper thinks that we're the better option than Liverpool , than surely a Chile world cup star will agree :pac:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/04/arsenal-fend-off-liverpool-to-sign-exciting-finland-goalkeeper-hugo-keto-4787020/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Better get this Sanchez transfer sorted quick before Barca realize Neymar is crocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Better get this Sanchez transfer sorted quick before Barca realize Neymar is crocked

He'll only be out 4-6 weeks.
    Won't really affect the Sanchez deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Apparently Debuchy on his instagram this morning said

Goodbye Brazil hello Arsenal.

He's certainly done a bit of an Aurier now in that if he doesn't join he's going to look a bit of a gobshiite hopefully he will be the first of many signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Everywhere I read this morning there saying scanhez is overrated and not worth 30m

We must def be getting him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Apparently Debuchy on his instagram this morning said

Goodbye Brazil hello Arsenal.

He's certainly done a bit of an Aurier now in that if he doesn't join he's going to look a bit of a gobshiite hopefully he will be the first of many signings.

Just checked it there, he posted it 11 hours ago. 1 puma signing sorted so

Yep here it is http://instagram.com/p/qC_99tgT3O/

Assuming that is an official account

People are saying its a fake account but either way still pretty confident its done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the instagram has a link to his twitter ac - which is verified - but the twitter ac only links to FB

Ozil is performing better than all these lads who are all having great world cups. Being played out of position too.
    BrxyA5_IIAArG6c.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He really isn't tbh. He's not playing as bad as some make out, he's actually been decent but to say he's been better than Neymar or Rodriguez is nuts. Stats shmats. Plus they're both strikes so not really a proper comparison, they're more likely to be on the end of the passes and chances rather than creating them. Fair enough to compare him to Robben and Cuadrado though imo.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He really isn't tbh. He's not playing as bad as some make out, he's actually been decent but to say he's been better than Neymar or Rodriguez is nuts. Stats shmats.

Ah i know i just meant statistically. Still hate people saying he is playing useless when he clearly is not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement