Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

Gringo180 wrote: »
    We already have our own Vidal in Ramsey, would much rather a natural defensive midfielder, pity we couldnt clone Gilberto Silva :)

Yeah i think we are well covered in the AM area even when injury potentials are factored in but we could do with a defensive midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Interesting quote by ex-German and Real Madrid legend Paul Breitner on Ozil and his performances at the WC

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2014/07/ex-germany-star-urges-joachim-low-to-drop-mesut-ozil/

You think this is very harsh or somewhat justified?

If Germany are going to be dogged and try not to concede, like they did for 80 mins ther other day, then they won't miss Ozil.

If they want to go out and win the game, they should keep him.

My feelings on Breitner are why would you stick the boot in on your own country like that 2 days before the semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Vidal and Ramsey would be brilliant screw your DM these two fellas would cover every blade of grass

€41m seems to be done for scanhez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Interesting quote by ex-German and Real Madrid legend Paul Breitner on Ozil and his performances at the WC

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2014/07/ex-germany-star-urges-joachim-low-to-drop-mesut-ozil/

You think this is very harsh or somewhat justified?

Good man. Should put Schurrle on instead of him, he runs a lot and misses all the chances Ozil sets up for him. Goetze has been horrid too.

Ozil is after creating more chances than anyone at the World Cup and he is been played out of position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ozil is after creating more chances than anyone at the World Cup and he is been played out of position

Bingo.

Yet none of these former players or media experts seem to mention this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Have you got a link to that? I don't doubt it for one minute but I just want to shut a few up on facebook who are saying hes had a poor world cup :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Have you got a link to that? I don't doubt it for one minute but I just want to shut a few up on facebook who are saying hes had a poor world cup :pac:

This link show's how progressive his passing has been for the tournament.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/06/tp-arsenal-duo-have-best-passing-stats-in-world-cup-criticism-un/

All 7 players are bought and are being unveiled tomorrow morning.

Is the kit being launched tomorrow or something?

• Advertisement

Seen it tweeted only one I could find has him fourth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can i ask people on here now would you rather'd we took Cesc back ? Or Alexis ?

Two completely different players that play two completely different positions

It's not like for like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Alexis all day, everyday.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Alexis all day, everyday.

Me too. We need pace in the team not another passer who needs the ball to his feet. Sanchez can win you a game out of nothing. He is one of the best players in world football.

Alexis S will give us much more versatility going forward than a Cesc in our current team would.

If we get him it'll be a major boost to how we attack teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Alexis.

We should only take the pick of the pplayers from our feeder clubs, Barca and Real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Celebrity fan Martin Kemp has tweeted this - is he on a wind-up or does he know something we don't....

An early welcome for Sanchez to the #GoonerFamily €41m well spent. Sorry Liverpool ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm sure he's just getting ahead of himself based on the rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

It's getting hard to keep the lid on the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Me too. We need pace in the team not another passer who needs the ball to his feet. Sanchez can win you a game out of nothing. He is one of the best players in world football.

Sanchez is a great player, but you may be a little disappointed if your making statements like these. Why would Barca offload one of the best players?

• Advertisement

Montroseee wrote: »
    Sanchez is a great player, but you may be a little disappointed if your making statements like these. Why would Barca offload one of the best players?

I have talked to plenty of Barca fans and they all agree that Sanchez was never giving the respect he deserved at Camp Nou, I actually think he will be better with us as he will be one of the main focal points in our team. I also seem to remember they sold Luis Figo at the peak of his powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

They are two completely different players in different positions. But Sanchez.

No i know there different positions and such I was just remembering the mini meltdown that occured when Wenger turned down the chance to resign him I was gutted that he went to chelsea initialy but I knew Le Prof had something up his sleeve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sanchez all day long the signing of Cesc would have made no sense.

Sanchez is exactly what we need now sign a DM a RB and bring in Campbell this could count as a brilliant summer.

Chilean News station tweeting it now (200k followers)
    INFORMADORCHILE ‏@INFORMADORCHILE 22m View translation
    Inminente acuerdo por traspaso de Alexis Sánchez al Arsenal.

I would love another striker just incase Giroud (god forbid) got a serious injury...Bring in Remy surely he won't cost that much and although not a world class player he does score goals and has done in the premiership in a very poor team

greendom wrote: »
    Chilean News station tweeting it now (200k followers)

Hard to know if there's actually been progress or if its just making the rounds now

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 2m
    #LFC still waiting for response from Alexis Sanchez, which doesn't bode very well with Arsenal and Juventus very keen

I would love another striker just incase Giroud (god forbid) got a serious injury...Bring in Remy surely he won't cost that much and although not a world class player he does score goals and has done in the premiership in a very poor team

Talk that Campbell will be loaned out to an EPL club 'till January. I doubt Walcott will be properly fit until well into the Autumn so would have been an ideal opportunity for Campbell to prove himself at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

There is a reason nobody else wants him. Campbell would be a far better investment.

To be honest I'd rather give Campbell a go than sign player who's not world class.

He's young, coming off a great world cup and full of potential. Him along with Gnabry pushing on a bit with Sanogo improving could see is fully stocked attacking wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If we sign Sanchez it would make complete sense signing a player of Remys ilk. Sanogo and Campbell are too raw for second choices if we are trying to win the league

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm kind of over the whole Sanchez thing, he's not really all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mickeroo wrote: »

Don't know if serious...?

Mickeroo wrote: »

what1.gif

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Don't know if serious...?

Am I serious?

when-i-dont-like-a-joke_o_173686.gif

I am not. :P

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Great if we get these signings BUT we still need a DM. Urgently.

A+gif+for+your+reaction+folder.+My+reaction+folder+got_2d3429_4690396.gif

I love reaction gifs.

Last year we had the play the GOAT when giroud was wrecked what i mean is its great having gnabry ox and all these guys but there mostly wingers, what i mean is we need someone Giroud who'll stay up top hold up the ball for the likes of gnabry ox,silva and walcott, and scoring goals too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Last year we had the play the GOAT when giroud was wrecked what i mean is its great having gnabry ox and all these guys but there mostly wingers, what i mean is we need someone Giroud who'll stay up top hold up the ball for the likes of gnabry ox,silva and walcott, and scoring goals too

Thing is there isn't really any world class strikers available.. I'm guessing thats why we've broke the bank on Sanchez, since he's one of the best from scoring from midfield.

I think thats why a lot of people here (myself included) want Remy. He may not be world class but he'll be decent cover for Giroud.

Wooo the Remy debate again.

I don't know why he keeps creeping into the thread since we're not even linked to him really.

I don't know why he keeps creeping into the thread since we're not even linked to him really.

He's the new Kalou.

He was at our last home game Dead cert to be signing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ithe point is more about needing another striker not just Remy. IF we hot Sanchez then a second choice striker would be fine. That is all, Sanogo or Campbell aren't ready for that responsibility yet both fine as 3rd choice

Bony > Remy for me. The only downside is Bony would probably cost 2 or 3 times more than Remy.

If Sanchez get's done then I'm not too pushed about blowing a wad on a top class striker, sign someone in the Remy or Bony tier to give a bit of direct competition/back up to Giroud. With Theo, Ozil and Sanchez behind them we would get plenty of goals out of them and those around them.

Having said that I'd love to give Campbell a shot at being main back up to Giroud but I do think someone a bit more proven there as well would be no harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Thing is there isn't really any world class strikers available.. I'm guessing thats why we've broke the bank on Sanchez, since he's one of the best from scoring from midfield.

I think thats why a lot of people here (myself included) want Remy. He may not be world class but he'll be decent cover for Giroud.

we can turn Sanchez into a world class striker. remember Henry wasn't a striker when he came to us. Look how he turned out, I take remy as backup but I think Walcott will be the third striker when he gets back.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Ithe point is more about needing another striker not just Remy. IF we hot Sanchez then a second choice striker would be fine. That is all, Sanogo or Campbell aren't ready for that responsibility yet both fine as 3rd choice

I don't know if we take Campbell back and he Can perform like he did in the world cup I think he would prove more than ready for the responsibility imo.

In fact I think in time he could be pushing Giroud, Sanogo is still far to raw he did impress in spells but the jury is still out.

Let's hope this gif can be banished over the coming month.

wenger.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Lads don't want to tempt fate here but I bought alexis and dubuchy in FIFA, within weeks they were both injured, if that's not a sign both aren't signing for us nothing is!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Soups123 wrote: »

Campbell has Champions League and now World Cup experience, but he isnt ready to be second choice? :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement