Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Would we get those 3 for £60m?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Would we get those 3 for £60m?

Sanchez 32
    Bender 20
    Debuchy 10

Close enough

Not sure Bender would go for £20m - we bid just under that last year and he signed another contract. Maybe 25m?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd imagine Bender would be 25m+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't know much about these foreign players so can anyone name a similar type of player to each of them who is already in the EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I don't know much about these foreign players so can anyone name a similar type of player to each of them who is already in the EPL.

Ooh i'm prob not the best person to answer this ha.

Sanchez is like a more consistent and better version of Nani?

Debuchy is in the prem league!

Bender reminds me of Matic.

Who else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Bender and schnedierlin would be similar with bender I think being a bit better.
    I would say sanchez is similar to hazard perhaps with a bit more pace

Debuchy is a bit like that Debuchy lad at newcastle

• Advertisement

Ooh i'm prob not the best person to answer this ha.

Sanchez is like a more consistent and better version of Nani?

Debuchy is in the prem league!

Bender reminds me of Matic.

Who else?

He'd want to be much better. Can't stand Nani. He can't even get a game with Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Sanchez is pretty much Navas with end product.

He'd want to be much better. Can't stand Nani. He can't even get a game with Utd.

Haha yes he is much better. I've put up a vids on here. Even just google Sanchez and watch some vids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bender and schnedierlin would be similar with bender I think being a bit better.
    I would say sanchez is similar to hazard perhaps with a bit more pace

Debuchy is a bit like that Debuchy lad at newcastle

^This

He isn't like Nani imo.
    More like Hazard but with a bullish approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

IMO he is a a stronger and technically better version of Walcott.

Actually a hybrid of Theo and the Ox.

Watch all last seasons goals and assists. Couple of crackers but watch the amount of tap ins or finishes from low crosses he gets. Great pace and awareness and excellent finishing.

• Advertisement

From what I have seen of him, admittedly very little, but I'd like to think of him as a Pires rolled up in an Henry.

Deifinitely the crucial few days regarding Sanchez. If it goes past the puma unveiling with no word I think panic will start setting in.

Deifinitely the crucial few days regarding Sanchez. If it goes past the puma unveiling with no word I think panic will start setting in.

Panic? I'm not panicking! Panicking.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We may have to wait until Suarez to Barca is confirmed. If that starts to get tricky we may be in for a long wait or decide to look elsewhere for fear of being stranded again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

From what I have seen of him, admittedly very little, but I'd like to think of him as a Pires rolled up in an Henry.

Not great so :-(

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    We may have to wait until Suarez to Barca is confirmed. If that starts to get tricky we may be in for a long wait or decide to look elsewhere for fear of being stranded again.

I actually think the reverse of that it should speed it up. Barca are activating a release clause liverpool cannot fight it. There can be no doubt about it this year after he signed a new contract/

They may however need to sell Sanchez first so that they have enough money for the deal to go through.

I actually think the reverse of that it should speed it up. Barca are activating a release clause liverpool cannot fight it. There can be no doubt about it this year after he signed a new contract/

They may however need to sell Sanchez first so that they have enough money for the deal to go through.

I've seen rumours suggesting that Barca are quibbling over the release clause...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

not-that-i-condone-fascism-or-any-ism-for-that.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

greendom wrote: »
    I've seen rumours suggesting that Barca are quibbling over the release clause...

LOL they bid £75,000,000.01 :D

Yes I think Barca are just desperate for a bit of that John Henry humour :rolleyes:

Akenny010 wrote: »
    Saw this on twitter a little while ago.
    From the Barca presser re:Alexis: "Negotiations are taking place behind closed doors. We don't want to talk about these things openly."

Ha ha. Gas Barcelona 'refusing to talk about things openly'. Well that's a turn up for the books. They were not so confidential when it came to pursuing Fabregas or Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 3m
    #AFC close to completing Debuchy & talks ongoing for Sanchez. #LFC unlikely to pursue AS (Suarez set to be straight cash) but Juve very keen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone else not confident at all over Sanchez? 8/1 on Juve to get him to soften the blow i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Think we should prepare ourselves for him going to juventus just in case.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone else not confident at all over Sanchez? 8/1 on Juve to get him to soften the blow i think.
    Its like I was drunk on the idea of signing him last night. At the time the world was a great place and I couldnt have been happier.

Now its the next day its not looking all that good and the dreaded Fear has set in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Raf32 wrote: »
    No. We're not signing Sanchez. We're not signing Sanchez. We're not signing Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We're going to sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

AdamD wrote: »
    #AFC close to completing Debuchy & talks ongoing for Sanchez. #LFC unlikely to pursue AS (Suarez set to be straight cash) but Juve very keen

We can only hope that Juve are indeed more stingy than we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We can only hope that Juve are indeed more stingy than we are.
    You'd have to think so. This is the club that apparently offered £25M for Suarez last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

You'd have to think so. This is the club that apparently offered £25M for Suarez last year.

Every year they try get players they can't afford, it's like they just want to be involved without been able to buy anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Come to think of it, didn't they only offer like 10m for van Persie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Debuchy be a very good signing. The three reasons I see Sanchez chosing Juventus over us would be.

1. Vidal, his Chilean mate, is at Juve

2. He can speak Italian and has played in Italian League before.

3. Juventus are pretty much a shoe in for winning more titles and cups then We are at the moment.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Debuchy be a very good signing. The three reasons I see Sanchez chosing Juventus over us would be.

1. Vidal, his Chilean mate, is at Juve

2. He can speak Italian and has played in Italian League before.

3. Juventus are pretty much a shoe in for winning more titles and cups then We are at the moment.

Ah now, stay positive Looper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Juve might want him.
    But at the moment they can't afford him.

• Advertisement

A lot of people don't realise that its only the English media that are saying Juve are after him. There's been nothing out of Italy that says Juve are in talks.

Also I think we could quite easily outbid Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Ah now, stay positive Looper :pac:

:pac: I'm positive just saying why he might head there.

To be fair once the club come out and say we signed a player I don't believe the rumours like they are gospel like some. But it's always good for a read I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

DiMarzio is running with the story that Juve are in talks with RM to sign Morata.

I trust him.

Click Here for Info

That to me means that any talk about Sanchez and Juve that go beyond the fact Juve have expressed an interest in signing him is just the newspapers creating frivolous misleading shíte.

We have made a bid, Juve have not.

That is all there is to know as far as I am concerned.

Juve can't even afford to buy refs anymore. They can't afford alexis.

Besides they're in for iturbe and morata.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I am positive. I think we will meet Barca's value and will have terms to match Juventus and after that I don't think there is really much more we can do. There are good personal reasons given why he might prefer Juve but I feel Sanchez will soon be an Arsenal player.

And Liverpool have apparently given up. Phew I was worried that the lure of joining rickie lambert in liverpools only champions league appearance this decade would be enough to turn his head.

Liverpool have decided to be Spurs next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

bad2dabone wrote: »
    And Liverpool have apparently given up. Phew I was worried that the lure of joining rickie lambert in liverpools only champions league appearance this decade would be enough to turn his head.

Liverpool have decided to be Spurs next season.

Realistically no player with ambition would go to a Suarez less Liverpool. Its Juve i'm worried about.

I will be surprised if Juve raise the money for him. But if our penny-pinching causes us to lose this deal the pitch fork is coming-out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We can easily outbid Juve, they seem to be 'in' for players every summer but never have the funds to pull it off. I'd be a bit worried about Sanchez pushing for it more though

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 15m
    #LFC all but given up on Alexis Sanchez
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

2 horse race

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 15m
    #LFC all but given up on Alexis Sanchez
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

I've all but given up on Scarlett Johansson

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

As much as I want Sanchez at Arsenal, all I can think about is the Higuain saga, I'm not believing it until it's in Arsenal.com

Edit: and I don't believe anything a journalist says for a second

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement