Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Raf32 wrote: »
    Arteta looks like he put in some serious work this summer. Pity he wasnt a few years younger

Ramsey looks like he spent the summer in the hair dressers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BsBgf9kCEAAra78.jpg

Obviously wants to look good in the Puma shirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ramsey too busy trying to qualify for the PGA golf tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

A lot of modeling gigs too from Ramsey. Hope to christ he keeps his focus on his proper job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

How do you mean? Bulked up?

Yup looks in great shape. Supposedly didnt take a day off from training. Love his professionalism.

It's getting to the ball in time rather than getting shoved away because of poor upper-body strength that was his main issue last year.

Arteta never was or will be a proper DM. He has performed admirably out of position since he arrived but he was always an attacking midfielder (and a very good one too).

Strange question here lads, but whos your favourite player?

All time?

Bergkamp.

Current squad?

Mert.

• Advertisement

All time?

Bergkamp.

Current squad?

Mert.

current squad sorry :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Linked with a 20 million pound move for Lukaku now. I cant take these rumours anymore!!

zwaufl.jpg

current squad sorry :pac:

Definitely the big man. I think he's the most underated player in the league. And he's a leader on the pitch. I'd love to see him get the armband this season.

Clearly loves being at the club too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

For me it would be Henry all time and Koscielny in the current squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Linked with a 20 million pound move for Lukaku now. I cant take these rumours anymore!!

zwaufl.jpg

Not going to happen, you think Jose will let any player from Chelsea to us. You want to be locked in a padded cell to believe that,

Pires all time and Arteta in the current team which is a contentious one i would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thing that worries me about that wage is what if Sanchez does have an amazing season whats to stop city saying oh wait there ur wages? Come here well treble it

Jesus H Christ we have not even got him yet and we are already selling him :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I love Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and Kos. Can't pick. Liked Sagna a lot as well.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Not going to happen, you think Jose will let any player from Chelsea to us. You want to be locked in a padded cell to believe that,

Probably not but stranger things have happened. I think he would be ideal for us, not only is he very dangerous in an attacking sense but he works his socks off too. But in saying that I think he would cost a hell of a lot more than the 20 million rumoured especially when you see Ross McCormack been signed by Fulham for 11 million :eek::rolleyes:

I love Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey and Kos. Can't pick. Liked Sagna a lot as well.

Arctic Monkeys fan and Arsenal supporter, good on you Timetoshine

For me Ramsey, Kos and Mert and Carzola.

Probably not but stranger things have happened. I think he would be ideal for us, not only is he very dangerous in an attacking sense but he works his socks off too. But in saying that I think he would cost a hell of a lot more than the 20 million rumoured especially when you see Ross McCormack been signed by Fulham for 11 million :eek::rolleyes:

Just knowing the way he's behaved towards us Gringo just at the Ba loan deal thing from last season once he heard we wanted him on loan he shut it down straight way.

I think he be a awesome signing and would do a job.

• Advertisement

My favourite player would have to be Mert too but of all time theres only one man that stands out for me head and shoulders above the rest. Tony Adams, he epitomised everything about Arsenal for me, hard working, courageous, loyal, a leader and one of the best defenders ever produced in England, he would of died on the pitch for us, an absolute warrior of a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

My favourite player would have to be Mert too but of all time theres only one man that stands out for me head and shoulders above the rest. Tony Adams, he epitomised everything about Arsenal for me, hard working, courageous, loyal, a leader and one of the best defenders ever produced in England, that man would of died on the pitch for us, an absolute warrior of a man.

Fond of the odd tipple as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Am I the only one who is looking forward too seen sanogo develop next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

All time henry, currently at the club it'd have to be walcott or mert

Am I the only one who is looking forward too seen sanogo develop next year

No I am too. Thought he had a lot about him, if he could just score a goal i think it would push him on. His performance against Liverpool in the cup was so refreshing.

My favourite player would have to be Mert too but of all time theres only one man that stands out for me head and shoulders above the rest. Tony Adams, he epitomised everything about Arsenal for me, hard working, courageous, loyal, a leader and one of the best defenders ever produced in England, he would of died on the pitch for us, an absolute warrior of a man.

Loved Adams as a player. I've grown a little less fond of him since. I don't like him as a pundit. And he's come out with some godawful stupid things about the club in recent years.
    The worst for me though was not turning up for his statue unveiling. Can't figure that one out.

Fond of the odd tipple as well!

He was indeed, I advise any of yous to have a read of his autobiography, one of the best reads ever, he was half drunk playing in some games and one day on his way to England duty he crashed his car into a wall pissed drunk and just about made it to the airport in time :pac:

Loved Adams as a player. I've grown a little less fond of him since. I don't like him as a pundit. And he's come out with some godawful stupid things about the club in recent years.
    The worst for me though was not turning up for his statue unveiling. Can't figure that one out.

Totally agree, I try to avoid listening to him at all costs now as it sort of tarnishes his reputation for me.

He was indeed, I advise any of yous to have a read of his autobiography, one of the best reads ever, he was half drunk playing in some games and one day on his way to England duty he crashed his car into a wall pissed drunk and just about made it to the airport in time :pac:

Yes as I remember it he boarded the plane with glass from the crash in his hair !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Pires all time and Arteta in the current team which is a contentious one i would say.
    Henry past and Walcott and Arteta current for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Szczesny for me.

Past was Lehmann, you can see a pattern forming here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Past: The Iceman

Present: Poldi (character) Ramsey (talent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Its that time of the day again!

Sanchez daily news update!

Italia Press -
    Juventus no longer trying to sign Sánchez. Club can not afford Chilean. Player will join Arsenal. #AFC

MundoDeportivo.com -
    The output of Alexis Sanchez of Barcelona is already a matter of hours. The Catalan club has given permission to the agents of Chilean player to negotiate with the English club. Fernando Felicevich, player agent, he would be in London, to negotiate (Translated)

With lots of reports stating Juve cannot afford Sanchez's fee, most believe its only a matter of time before the Chilean Wizard is an Arsenal player.

As always i'm MrBlobby signing out.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Henry all time for me, Walcott out of the current bunch as a player, Pod and Mert in terms of their character.

Can we still be gazumped ? As he has expressed a desire to live in London, that only leaves Chelsea I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sanogo needs a loan move and then we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Its that time of the day again!

Sanchez daily news update!

Italia Press -

MundoDeportivo.com -

With lots of reports stating Juve cannot afford Sanchez's fee, most believe its only a matter of time before the Chilean Wizard is an Arsenal player.

As always i'm MrBlobby signing out.

How absolutely class is it that a club like Juventus can't compete with us on fees. This is the same club that signed Gigi Buffon for £32m.

And without the help of any Sugar Daddy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

greendom wrote: »
    Can we still be gazumped ? As he has expressed a desire to live in London, that only leaves Chelsea I guess?

Him wanting to live in London has come from the Liverpool Echo so I wouldn't read too much into that.
    Would be worried about City lurking in the shadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Been over this, but Bergkamp all time. What a man, just oozed class.

As a player, right now, Ozil. Love his style even if he hasn't hit top form yet.

Character:

Banner.jpg

tumblr_mjauqeHm851qzbrhmo1_500.jpg

dvemail wrote: »
    Him wanting to live in London has come from the Liverpool Echo so I wouldn't read too much into that.

City can't afford him.
    They've got a restricted budget and most of it is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm starting to get happy here :)

tumblr_mis6oqH6GG1rp7756o1_500.gif

dvemail wrote: »

Agreed, I think the London thing is being used as an excuse for them to soften the blow of missing out on a big target. City with Pellegrini is one to watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Guillem BalagueVerified account
    @GuillemBalague
    Convinced Alexis will be an Arsenal player very soon. He wants 2 play 4 Wenger. And the transfer fee won't be huge. Sound business by AFC

wawaman wrote: »
    Guillem BalagueVerified account
    @GuillemBalague
    Convinced Alexis will be an Arsenal player very soon. He wants 2 play 4 Wenger. And the transfer fee won't be huge. Sound business by AFC

This transfer will be done by this time next week.
    I'm 100% sure we won't **** this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Favourite of all time: Bergkamp.

Favourite currently:
    Talent: Ramsey
    Character: Podolski
    Overall: BFG – he “gets” it. Should be made captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Balague is saying we're signing him?

Crap, I had my hopes up there for a bit.

Favorite players?

Past - Henry
    Present - Sanchez :cool:

This is gonna be done in the next day or so. I can feel it in me bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Sanchez in the puma kit on Thursday! Best new kit ever!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement