Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

wawaman wrote: »
    Guillem BalagueVerified account
    @GuillemBalague
    Convinced Alexis will be an Arsenal player very soon. He wants 2 play 4 Wenger. And the transfer fee won't be huge. Sound business by AFC

I've haven't allowed myself to get excited about the possibility of him signing but damn this for me means this is probably actually fecking happening!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I give up....
    vwMin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Why in sweet Jesus is Diaby allowed perform an exercise like this?

zp_500299035_SM_8828_A0_13F20D_7339.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm going to go against the grain today and say my favorite player was in the past

Ian Wright, still have all my old jerseys from back in the day with Wright 8 on the back of them some quality jerseys. My very first Arsenal jersey was bought in Devon in England with Wright on the back :).

The current bunch love Pod because he's a character and also Merts, Szcez.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Scanhez to be announced Thursday with the puma launch

I bet any money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Allot of the first team players praising Serge Gnabry http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140708/video-the-stars-of-the-new-season-

New big name signings are great and all but we need to have faith and support the players in our current squad and the youth coming through, Thomas Eisfeld & Héctor Bellerín got a mention too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Roaster wrote: »

Is Diaby entering new season of Gladiators or maybe he will be a new gladiator, CROCKED you shall go on my second whistle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

salmocab wrote: »
    Is Diaby entering new season of Gladiators or maybe he will be a new gladiator, CROCKED you shall go on my second whistle

Looper007 wrote: »

He was sued for using that as Craig Charles claimed it was his catchphrase. Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Roaster wrote: »

His aim at the end of pre season training is to be able to stand on both legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

Every time I see Sanchez and arsenal mentioned in the same sentence ,my eyes open wide head stays still and my heart thumps very fast. May end up having a stroke by the end of the week. What a signing he would be......will be :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I feel for Diaby he really was turning into a to class player and hope he has a great season that's for once injury free but sadly he's going to be crocked somewhere down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Looper007 wrote: »
    I feel for Diaby he really was turning into a to class player and hope he has a great season that's for once injury free but sadly he's going to be crocked somewhere down the line

Same i pray to god he's loaned (Preferably somewhere safe) out to get regular football for a year, would do the guy a world of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Same i pray to god he's loaned (Preferably somewhere safe) out to get regular football for a year, would do the guy a world of good.

I want to see him stay at the club. We've persevered this long with him. A full and proper pre season will do him the world of good. I still (probably on my own here) think he can make it at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

quikcunny wrote: »
    Every time I see Sanchez and arsenal mentioned in the same sentence ,my eyes open wide head stays still and my heart thumps very fast. May end up having a stroke by the end of the week. What a signing he would be......will be :/

Don't wait till the end of the week. Treat yourself and have one now ;)

Favourite player from past: Rocastle
    Favourite current player: Well it was Sagna but now I guess Mertesacker

I want to see him stay at the club. We've persevered this long with him. A full and proper pre season will do him the world of good. I still (probably on my own here) think he can make it at Arsenal.

I think he can to, but not this season, he wont get enough game time (if any) with our current midfield nvm if we bring more in. So a loan to get him fit again and see where he's at ability wise would be ideal imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Puma are also launching the new Abu Diaby themed set of gear on Thursday as well

f219_bubble_wrap_suit_flat1.jpg

I think he can to, but not this season, he wont get enough game time (if any) with our current midfield nvm if we bring more in. So a loan to get him fit again and see where he's at ability wise would be ideal imo.

Wenger still rates him very highly i'm guessing. If he's fit, i think he'll start a lot of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Sky Sports News: Arsenal highly confident of signing Sanchez. Same same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Supposedly some big Arsenal related news on SSN according to twitter.

Also pulled this off twitter this afternoon - classic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

sorry but there is no chance we will get Sanchez.

Right? RIGHT?

!!!!!

Arsenal have suffered a late scare from Juventus in their attempts to complete a 31.7mill deal for sanchez but are about to confirm debuchy as their first signing this summer. SSN

Odds update.

Arsenal gone from 1/2 last night to 1/8 now to sign Sanchez.

Looking good for you lads

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

SSN:
    Could Arsenal be about to make a major move in the transfer market? Sky Sports understands that they are very confident of signing Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona in a deal worth around £30million, while they are also expected to sign right-back Mathieu Debuchy from Newcastle United for about £10m in the next 48 hours.

Just regurgitating what's been going around twitter for days now really.

Arsenal have suffered a late scare from Juventus in their attempts to complete a 31.7mill deal for sanchez but are about to confirm debuchy as their first signing this summer. SSN

No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    SSN:

True but at least everyone is on the same page now. And sky are quite reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Id be happy with news of a scheduled medical . At least that would be some progress. I now we need to be patient but......

NOW NOW I WANT HIM SIGNED NOW DAMMIT!!!!

Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

SSN:

SSN are nearly always last to the party, but usually are a good indication of a deal being close imo because they tend to wait to the last hour to make sure there not wrong then hype it up to bits like there breaking it.

We could actually have a Puma unveiling with two new players could make for a nice day :).

No!

Haha that's what it says! i can't do anything about it :o

SSN are nearly always last to the party, but usually are a good indication of a deal being close imo because they tend to wait to the last hour to make sure there not wrong then hype it up to bits like there breaking it.

We could actually have a Puma unveiling with two new players could make for a nice day :).

Gonna be a live stream for it too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

More Sanchez updates!!

A Journalist working for SSN tweeted this -

Michael Bridge -
    Significant Arsenal transfer news coming up at 5 on #ssn #afc

Then 30mins later a follow up from him -

Michael Bridge -
    We understand Alexis Sánchez has instructed his representatives to conclude a deal with Arsenal, despite interest from Juventus. #afc

Also as we all know Debuchy is also very close.

In other words... Wenger makin it rain!!

Makin+it+rain+on+Transfer+deadline+day.+What+Wenger+looked_280e19_4774550.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Is anybody else really really just really bored of this Alexis sanchez signing?
    I mean, come on.
    I'd be excited if we signed an unknown French teenager from Cambourcy or something. Buying the likes of Ozil and Sanchez, you know "world class" talents, it's a bit meh isn't it?
    Gimme Amaury Bischoff anyday.
    Next we'll be after some other boring signing like Lars bender or sami khedeira.
    Lame.
    I'd rather buy an ageing striker and a pair of lads from a mid table side for 20-25m like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BsCOaUAIgAAWI51.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Is anybody else really really just really bored of this Alexis sanchez signing?

None of it makes any sense to be honest. It's almost as if Wenger is trying to build squad capable of challenging for the title. Very confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

i70nrt.gif

am i the only one here who keeps hitting the refresh button in hopes of one you lot posting a pic of Sanchez in an arsenal shirt officially signed sealed and delivered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

am i the only one here who keeps hitting the refresh button in hopes of one you lot posting a pic of Sanchez in an arsenal shirt officially signed sealed and delivered?

Nope :o

Anyone have odds for Ozil to be player of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We need to get these lads signed and then chained to the railings inside the stadium until the start of the season in case any other feckers come tempting them.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone have odds for Ozil to be player of the season?

Funny, i checked that only earlier today

18/1 fill yer boots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Gringo180 wrote: »
    i70nrt.gif

Posted the wrong gif up there :pac:

Funny, i checked that only earlier today

18/1 fill yer boots!

Easy money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

remember when people thought Arsene had money, but just didn't like spending? good times.

With Sanchez, Theo and Giroud in front of him knocking in those perfect through balls.

I can't see why those odds aren't 1/18 :-)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

remember when people thought Arsene had money, but just didn't like spending? good times.

I sill don't think he likes spending it, I'd say this is killing him sure :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

He's in Brazil so the club can spend the money without him knowing. Like a cheating wife bedding with both the Chilean gardener and the french plumber.

HazDanz wrote: »
    He's in Brazil so the club can spend the money without him knowing. Like a cheating wife bedding with both the Chilean gardener and the french plumber.

Hopefully she beds a German accountant or French sex instructor too

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m
    Been told Arsenal will pay less than 30m for Alexis. Lallana was 25. Fair valuation u think considering age, goal record, experience?

If true...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Barca Exec: Ok Mr. Wenger, so it’s just the final matter of typing in the agreed figure, 32 million pounds and hitting send on the bank transfer
    AW: zat eez no problem, I ave no problem paying ziz monay, eets not like eet iz my monay. So I key een zis figure.
    € 3 2
    Barca Exec: Hold on Arsene, it’s pounds sterling not Euro
    AW: aahh a simple mistake
    £ 3 2 0 0 0 0
    AW: Did I ever tell you ze story of when I lost my socks in ze washing machine, oh and Mrs Wenger – she eez ze prettiest wife bien sur, she tried to open ze washing machine with a coat hanger….
    Barca Exec: Mr Wenger please finish the transfer!
    AW: Ahh I am sorry, I am sixty four you know, soixantte quatre as they say in france, do I just press zis button?
    Barca Exec: You’re leaving us a little short there Mr Wenger.
    AW: non?
    Barca Exec: 32 MILLION
    AW: ah ok, one more zero
    Barca: Two more. Two More zeros
    AW: ok, pas de problem. Une Zero. Enter.
    Barca Exec: f*****K!
    AW: Quick! Alexis! Get in ze Citroen! We can still catch ze ryainair flight!

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Barca Exec: Ok Mr. Wenger, so it’s just the final matter of typing in the agreed figure, 32 million pounds and hitting send on the bank transfer
    AW: zat eez no problem, I ave no problem paying ziz monay, eets not like eet iz my monay. So I key een zis figure.
    € 3 2
    Barca Exec: Hold on Arsene, it’s pounds sterling not Euro
    AW: aahh a simple mistake
    £ 3 2 0 0 0 0
    AW: Did I ever tell you ze story of when I lost my socks in ze washing machine, oh and Mrs Wenger – she eez ze prettiest wife bien sur, she tried to open ze washing machine with a coat hanger….
    Barca Exec: Mr Wenger please finish the transfer!
    AW: Ahh I am sorry, I am sixty four you know, soixantte quatre as they say in france, do I just press zis button?
    Barca Exec: You’re leaving us a little short there Mr Wenger.
    AW: non?
    Barca Exec: 32 MILLION
    AW: ah ok, one more zero
    Barca: Two more. Two More zeros
    AW: ok, pas de problem. Une Zero. Enter.
    Barca Exec: f*****K!
    AW: Quick! Alexis! Get in ze Citroen! We can still catch ze ryainair flight!

You should write for 4-4-toons. That is excellent :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement