Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If it's under 30m that's some deal

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Leaked catalogue of the PUMA gear apparently: http://imgur.com/ncirgG4

DarrenArsenal also just tweeted we're looking at a centre back for squad cover, no names though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Not my best work.. But still :D

zAU5MVK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Leaked catalogue of the PUMA gear apparently: http://imgur.com/ncirgG4

DarrenArsenal also just tweeted we're looking at a centre back for squad cover, no names though.

Away Jersey looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Loving the away kit and the jackets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Raf32 wrote: »
    If true...:pac:

Balague trolling the Liverpool fans for shiits and giggles some the comments under it are class few irate Liverpool fans :pac:

Why would pool fans be annoyed?

A few places saying that they've spotted Alexis in the airport.

Here's a pic - BsCcZIRIQAAG77P.png

Could be bull, but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Why would pool fans be annoyed?

Despite what we like to think, we are quite close rivals at the moment as there's not much in it.

We're improving though and they're regressing.

I've a feeling this will be announced very soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I said it on here a few times last year that despite the apparent hilarious wisecracks about preferring to sign untested unheard of french kids, Arsene Wenger is not reluctant to spend money when he has it. Many others on here always maintained that too. Unfortunately frustration and anger and continuous disappointment perpetuated a myth of Arsenal with loads of money and Wenger sitting on it.

The reason we are looking at us finally breaking out and competing at the top end of the transfer market again is due to the vision and commitment and sacrifice of many many people but none more so than Arsene Wenger.

Its our own money, not leveraged debt money, some playboys moneys or money that doesnt exist that will threaten the future of this wonderful club. Very satisfying to know we are now realistically back at the top table. The stadium that was a burden and had to be for ten years is now a shining example and home to the first of many many trophies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mr Blobby wrote: »

I want Wenger flanked by Debuchy and Sanchez announcing 'we're not finished yet'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

DarrenArsenal said we arent finished yet. Will probably lose TV5 but looking for a backup CB. Wenger likes Bender too because he can cover there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Arsenalmania gone into gif meltdown on the Sanchez thread !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

We're not signing Sanchez.

To the bitter end :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

City can't afford him.
    They've got a restricted budget and most of it is gone.

That only applies to their CL squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I am afraid to say anything in case it’s not really happening.:)

Best of luck to ozil poldi and the bfg. Come on Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nicky B supposedly going to Villa. Be nice seeing his antics from afar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

What is pundits and commentators obsession with ozil, every time his name is mentioned its he has been poor at arsenal bla bla..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Khedira looking great ;) ozil not so much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

yes get in germany **** brazil

Khedira looking great ;) ozil not so much :(

He's made two shooting chances already. Do people just not see these things?

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's made two shooting chances already. Do people just not see these things?

I seen him have a great shooting opportunity and make a pass across the box...then i've just watched him get muscled off the ball and bottle every challenge

Khedeira was in a better position. Anyhow two nil now thankfully.

I seen him have a great shooting opportunity and make a pass across the box...then i've just watched him get muscled off the ball and bottle every challenge

Khedira just bottles that shot too I suppose.

Let's win if for Neymar they said....

egghead. wrote: »
    Khedira just bottles that shot too I suppose.

I never said anyone bottled a shot, and no he didnt he actually gave it to someone in a BETTER position, hence the goal.

I never said anyone bottled a shot, and no he didnt he actually gave it to someone in a BETTER position, hence the goal.

And so did ozil, the ball was going in only a German player blocked it.

Ozil sets another up, keep trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Its nice to watch a proper drubbing like this as a spectator after the season we've had :)

And so did ozil, the ball was going in only a German player blocked it.

Ozil sets another up, keep trying.

Ozil was set up for a shot 8 yards out for goal and passed to someone 12 yards out with 4 players in front of him there's a reason no goal came from it.

Keep trying? **** sake you'd swear i want Ozil to do badly, i like him i want him to play well but if I think he's not playing well or make a bad decision i should be able to express that opinion without being bombarded...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Hopefully pod gets a run

Ozil was set up for a shot 8 yards out for goal and passed to someone 12 yards out with 4 players in front of him there's a reason no goal came from it.

Keep trying? **** sake you'd swear i want Ozil to do badly, i like him i want him to play well but if I think he's not playing well or make a bad decision i should be able to express that opinion without being bombarded...

And I should be able to challenge your opinion. If you can't take criticism you shouldn't dish it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You can express an opinion but if it's nonsense you will get called on it.

And I should be able to challenge your opinion. If you can't take criticism you shouldn't dish it out.

You can challenge my opinion no problem but you could do it in a less condescending and dickish manner.

• Advertisement

You can challenge my opinion no problem but you could do it in a less condescending and dickish manner.

You're the one cursing and ranting in your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If you look at that pass again, you'll see it puts all the brazil defence out of the game and gave Kroos, who was more central than Ozil, all the time in the World to eye up his finish.

It's alright i'll just keep my mouth shut if i have anything bad to say about an Arsenal player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

Ozil misses a free kick , commentator says , "well that sums up his World Cup , that shot was a bit like his performances , very disappointing...... This is really starting to annoy me now. If ronaldo misses 50 free kicks you don't hear a peep out of anybody .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's alright i'll just keep my mouth shut if i have anything bad to say about an Arsenal player.

How you can take time to find and pick faults in any German attacker with 5 goals in 30 mins is beyond me.

Criticise a player when it's on but to find critisim of Ozil tonight is beyond ridiculous

• Advertisement

I think ozil is having his best game.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

I think it's fair to say that anyone who has watched Ozil for Arsenal or Germany at this World Cup has not been watching a player worth 50 million euros. Quitely effective more than some people realise, and plenty of assists, but not 50 million euros worth.
    But after a World Cup rest hopefully next season will be what we all hope for from him!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 3m
    All agreed for Alexis. Will be anounced soon, possibly tomorrow.Arsenal will pay FCB £27.5 plus £2.3 for objectives. 4 years plus 1 optional

Soups123 wrote: »
    How you can take time to find and pick faults in any German attacker with 5 goals in 30 mins is beyond me.

Criticise a player when it's on but to find critisim of Ozil tonight is beyond ridiculous

There was 10 mins on the clock.... 0-0 Khedira made some nice runs and passes, Ozil was looking lazy and bottling challenges what's happened since then is irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

According to ballague, we have signed Sanchez and could announce it tomorrow. 4 year contact with option of additional year. Initial fee under £30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ozil is having a good game but come on, anyone can see he pulled out of several 50/50 challenges in the opening few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ozil has had a fine game, looked threatening every time he's come forward. Doesn't matter what he does really, people's opinion of him won't change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not for a second criticising ozil as he is one of my favourite players, but why doesn't he take more shots like this with us or in this world cup?? He's more than capable of finishing, just seems a bit reluctant to have a pop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 3m
    All agreed for Alexis. Will be anounced soon, possibly tomorrow.Arsenal will pay FCB £27.5 plus £2.3 for objectives. 4 years plus 1 optional

About the same as lallana so.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Ozil has been unbelievable.

He is full of confidence and making great decisions.
    I think he has had a great tournament. I'm really surprised at how effective he can be on the left.

Also, Wouldn't mind Khedira based on this performance.
    I think he would be the perfect player to sit in midfield with Ramsey. They really would complement each other.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement