Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

this game doesnt count mate. even sanoogo would have bagged a hattrick against these lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

keano_afc wrote: »
    Ozil has had a fine game, looked threatening every time he's come forward. Doesn't matter what he does really, people's opinion of him won't change.

Exactly sadly to many people follow the say so of the media without forming there own opinions.

And right now it's popular to criticise Ozil despite the fact he's played nearly every minute for a team that has reached the world cup final and created more chances than any other player in the tournament.

Had a lad in work say to me tonight Ozil had lost it as he was holding one the daily rags in his arms when I told him bull shiit and spoke of Ozils stats he stood there with a blank dumb expression on his face.

If anyone deserves criticism this world cup it's the likes of Hazard and pretty much all is Spain's squad or England's but Ozil is flavour of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

wonga77 wrote: »
    Ozil is having a good game but come on, anyone can see he pulled out of several 50/50 challenges in the opening few minutes

True because Arsenal and Germany play him for his tackling ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Soups123 wrote: »

Jeez some of ye are touchy when it comes to Ozil. I rarely if ever criticise the man but the one thing that vexes me watching him is his lack of drive, im not expecting him to thunder into tackles at 100 mph, im asking for a tiny bit more balls when it comes to getting stuck in. Hardly a crime to say this surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Jeez some of ye are touchy when it comes to Ozil. I rarely if ever criticise the man but the one thing that vexes me watching him is his lack of drive, im not expecting him to thunder into tackles at 100 mph, im asking for a tiny bit more balls when it comes to getting stuck in. Hardly a crime to say this surely?

Apparently it is

Some players play football different than you like and a large % of the best players in the game have similar characteristics. He has 2 assist this game the pace and movement that he plays each game is the reason he is the player he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If we bagged Khedira along with Sanchez and Debuchy I would be over the f***in moon. Might even be happy to go to bed early on the day the window closes for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Much like Pires who is often applauded as a France and Arsenal great was always known to get stuck in never back down and such a hard tackler.

People are looking for faults in the wrong place and for any reason to have a pop.

Apparently it is

You decided to start criticising the player because of the first 10 minutes, where was your comments for the next 35 when he delivered?

It's not about being precious it's out being fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Stop, I learned my lesson here last year. Got absolutely slated for my criticism of him last year which I felt were fair and justified. Was nowhere to be seen in any big game even the ones we won.

he is a class player, has had a solid world cup and will be a better player next year but the way some people lose it on here and afraid to admit their disappointment with him at times is baffling.

You decided to start criticising the player because of the first 10 minutes, where was your comments for the next 35 when he delivered?

It's not about being precious it's out being fair

I'm sorry i forgot i wasn't aloud to "criticise" an Arsenal player...i said "Khedira is looking good, Ozil not so much :(" hardly worthy of a load of fan boys loosing the rag

I'm sorry i forgot i wasn't aloud to "criticise" an Arsenal player...i said "Khedira is looking good, Ozil not so much :(" hardly worthy of a load of fan boys loosing the rag

I responded to your after comments not your first one.

I find those who call the ones who support him precious but in turn can't handle being challenged on the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Right let the people who see ozils class enjoy it and those who dont , don't.

Best left at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've zero problem with someone criticizing a player.
    But when you have nothing to back up what you say then you have to expect some backlash.

And for me Ozil's actually been great and is playing his best game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 12m
    We just spoke to Wenger here, deal is as good as done with Sanchez! From the horses mouth!

Collymore, it must be true right?

• Advertisement

To be fair you started criticising him after about 10mins of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I was critical of Özil during the season but that was just because he didn't live up to the very high expectations we had for him. He was always good to very good, but rarely great. Next season I expect him to do far better and be one of our best players like he should.

Anyone saying he has been bad or a flop has earned the right to be ignored.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Collymore, it must be true right?

Stop fcukin stop this is jinxing it

What a time to be a Gunner we deserve signings like this after all we been through please be true

I responded to your after comments not your first one.

I find those who call the ones who support him precious but in turn can't handle being challenged on the point

Your such a hero, Ozil would be so proud of you, i see the comments continue to fly in saying Ozil is having a great game, he is, but do me a favour watch the first 10mins again and tell me if i was out of order saying he didn't look great, because that's what all this is about.

I haven't questioned his class or said he's ****, i simply made an observation, as Egghead basically said, let's grow up. because i feel like a child even writing this, the last you'll hear from me on Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Per is a having a shocker since he came on, why isnt he getting stick for it? fan favourite?

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Per is a having a shocker since he came on, why isnt he getting stick for it? fan favourite?

He is in the other forum, even kos has been brought into it.

Germany have backed down but per gets all the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I was critical of Özil during the season but that was just because he didn't live up to the very high expectations we had for him. He was always good to very good, but rarely great. Next season I expect him to do far better and be one of our best players like he should.

I agree 100% with that. I think what irritated a few on here was they weren't even allowed say that and asked how come we didnt spot his fart that blew the ball away from the defender to set up the goal that Ramsey and Giroud created and scored. I think the extremes on both sides is what is infuriating.

a flop - ridiculous. Anyone that thinks he met expectations last year - ridiculous.

all I know is he is gonna have some fun with Alexis Sanchez and Theo!

And it looks like we get Sanchez for an initial 27 million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

Sanchez to be annnounced 2moro?????
    Sign that German with the gloves on for backup to scze :D imagine we got bender aswell :O

Your such a hero, Ozil would be so proud of you, i see the comments continue to fly in saying Ozil is having a great game, he is, but do me a favour watch the first 10mins again and tell me if i was out of order saying he didn't look great, because that's what all this is about.

I haven't questioned his class or said he's ****, i simply made an observation, as Egghead basically said, let's grow up. because i feel like a child even writing this, the last you'll hear from me on Ozil

Me personally I'd judge his performance after a game, but up until this point he has been very good. That is all

And you had me at hero.......

Must be, i personally don't like him (incase that was aimed at me) i think he's too slow and clumsy but tbf i've let myself get distracted from this match wat too much.

:confused:
    Within the first 10mins he'd already created the first real chance for Germany.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Nobody here is saying he was a flop though
    everyone's entitled to their own opinions, it would be boring if we all agreed but imo,
    there are some who criticise him non stop ie the media/lazy journalists.(no matter what he does)
    There are those who are now so paranoid if you express any criticism then your accused of following the hacks and not thinking for yourself.
    Some (like myself) that appreciate the runs, the movement, the stuff he never gets credit for but still can see the flaws that show up from time to time

My last point on it

egghead. wrote: »
    He is in the other forum, even kos has been brought into it.

Germany have backed down but per gets all the blame.

The lads bringing Kos into it have the likes of Sakho and Skrtel :pac:
    AH think his positioning is all over the place tbh

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He's actually had a poor enough world cup overall and they were justified in dropping imo. They didn't play to his strengths of course either, but he's not the same without Kosc beside him.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I really can't see why Collymore would have tweeted that unless it's true.

So, it's done and dusted.

Debuchy and Sanchez are to be Arsenal players.

Now, the real question is what next for us?

2 Key positions filled.
    Is Wenger really in the market for a DM and a CB?

Obviously we are on the lookout for a goalkeeper. But we could probably get a decent backup for free/biscuits.

• Advertisement

Must be, i personally don't like him (incase that was aimed at me) i think he's too slow and clumsy but tbf i've let myself get distracted from this match wat too much.

no defo not aimed at anyone, just talking in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 3m
    All agreed for Alexis. Will be anounced soon, possibly tomorrow.Arsenal will pay FCB £27.5 plus £2.3 for objectives. 4 years plus 1 optional

Seems low. Wonder if we've written off some of the money they owed us from previous deals??

I dont think Collymore has ever been described as relaible on the twitter machine?
    Must wait for something more concrete

I dont think Collymore has ever been described as relaible on the twitter machine?
    Must wait for something more concrete

He seemed to be implying Wenger said it to him in a face to face conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dapics wrote: »
    Now, the real question is what next for us?

Vidal :D

Don't think we have been properly linked to him but with Sanchez seemingly done, I have no doubt we could really tempt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Makes me sad Arsene had to talk to that clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Were on the verge of signing Sanchez and yer all arguing about ozil

It's why I love the place

Would be very out of character for Arsene

You know, Chelsea are gonna be so much stronger next year having sold Luiz

• Advertisement

If the deal isn't signed they should be very worried

Would be very out of character for Arsene

Signing Sanchez would be very out of character for Arsene, I'm not ruling anything out :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

At least Willian, Oscar and Ramires should be in shock until January at least after tonight.

Signing Sanchez would be very out of character for Arsene, I'm not ruling anything out :P

It's like a mid life crisis but instead of buying Ferrari's and helicopters he's buying world class players by the bucket

Draxler!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Here comes the most overrated young player in Europe.

• Advertisement

Wonder what andy Dunnes article will be about when we unveil two signings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Imagine if Arsene had not been busy playing volleyball we could have got Lambert too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Dapics wrote: »
    I quite like the look of Bernard.

He reminds me of Cazorla alot.
    If rumours of Cazorla looking to leave are true, we could do far worse than chucking a few quid at him.

I'd wait until he's finished school though.

Imagine if Arsene had not been busy playing volleyball we could have got Lambert too

Or spent the 27m were spending on Sanchez on either shaw or lallana

Yeeeeessssss!!!! I just won €65 not much but i had germany to win and both teams to score, delighted haha

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement