Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I retract what I said about Bernard.

*Gets Coat*

Don't nobody mention that shocking miss from Ozil. At least it doesn't affect his passing stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I held my tongue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Poor finish from Ozil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

7-0 up

And yer moaning about a miss in injury time

Bellends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Don't nobody mention that shocking miss from Ozil. At least it doesn't affect his passing stats.

Oh hello Mr Optimistic.. We didn't see you when all the happy talk about Sanchez was happening.

Thats not normal for you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Germany weren't even trying in the second half. If needed, he would have scored it. None of them were really fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Yeeeeessssss!!!! I just won €65 not much but i had germany to win and both teams to score, delighted haha

I had a Muller first goalscorer and Germany to win €10 @ 9/1

Happy days

Soups123 wrote: »
    I had a Muller first goalscorer and Germany to win €10 @ 9/1

Happy days

I won't mention the other bets i had on :o

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Oh hello Mr Optimistic.. We didn't see you when all the happy talk about Sanchez was happening.

Thats not normal for you..
    Having a life, Soundgarden were awesome in Hyde Park you'll be glad to hear.

The 1st of July deadline has passed as it happens. Little concrete has happened other than the usual circular talk of a few players being linked, sometimes players only mentioned here and nowhere else that somehow leads to pages upon pages of discussion as to whether those players are good enough. Sanchez is a good start, plenty still to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

You really don't do yourself any favours.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lucky fecker.

The 1st of July deadline has passed as it happens. Little concrete has happened other than the usual circular talk of a few players being linked, sometimes players only mentioned here and nowhere else that somehow leads to pages upon pages of discussion as to whether those players are good enough. Sanchez is a good start, plenty still to do.

What were Cornells vocals like?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lucky fecker.
    What were Cornells vocals like?

They played Superunknown in its entirety, was pretty happy with that. :P Thought his vocals were good, sound mix drowned him a bit at the start from where I was but it was grand after a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

FFS lads Ozil had a great game. Watch the feckin games.
    He will be brilliant next season with great players around him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

One miss (which was meaningless) should not negate away from his performance. We could have three world champions this time on Sunday night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Don't worry tayto the ones taking pot shots at Ozil will be saying he's the best player in the world if he has a great season.

They played Superunknown in its entirety, was pretty happy with that. :P Thought his vocals were good, sound mix drowned him a bit at the start from where I was but it was grand after a bit.

Saw him with Audioslave at Oxygen and in the point, favourite singer/songwriter of all time, his vocals for his Audioslave career were shocling, voice was ****ed still on the drugs etc but i've been listening to him since he's off the drugs etc and he's back to his best :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ozil had a great game. He really needs to work on his finishing though. I'm not sure what it is, but he just really seems to lack conviction when shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ozil had a great game. He really needs to work on his finishing though. I'm not sure what it is, but he just really seems to lack conviction when shooting.

Wenger had this to say tonight "Ozil is not a goalscorer, he has a mental block in front of the goal".

It would be great if it clicked for him at some point.

Wenger said tonight on tele he has a mental block when it comes to shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

He was good tonight. But look at it this way. We claim him to be the assist king and one of the most creative players in the world.

For Germany's 7 goals tonight there is 7 assists as we assess the game.

That is 14 major stats that contribute.

Out of that Ozil has a critical hand in 1/14?

Just shows what can be done with stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

The hate for ozil and mert in the match thread is fkn ridiculous

Mirror reporting were after agreeing a few for remy

Lovely stuff keep them coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

omega man wrote: »

Fcuk em, leave them at it

• Advertisement

It's getting pathetic

Saw him with Audioslave at Oxygen and in the point, favourite singer/songwriter of all time, his vocals for his Audioslave career were shocling, voice was ****ed still on the drugs etc but i've been listening to him since he's off the drugs etc and he's back to his best :)
    Wouldn't quite say his best but not too bad.
    How dare you.

Lovely stuff keep them coming

There'll be no players left for anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He was good tonight. But look at it this way. We claim him to be the assist king and one of the most creative players in the world.

For Germany's 7 goals tonight there is 7 assists as we assess the game.

That is 14 major stats that contribute.

Out of that Ozil has a critical hand in 1/14?

Just shows what can be done with stats.

His passing was excellent, he was all over the field covering loads of ground and his manager continuously picks him. He must be brutal altogether. Ozil -- he who assists the assisters.

I think ill stay clear of them match threads from now on, too much bitterness going on in them. Just turns into club vs club feuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I feel like shaking him sometimes and saying Get confident, stupid!

I think he'll return to his best once the spotlight is off him.

Soups123 wrote: »
    There'll be no players left for anyone else

10 years we waited for this

I'm fooking loving it

Raf32 wrote: »
    I think ill stay clear of them match threads from now on, too much bitterness going on in them. Just turns into club vs club feuds.

Not to mention that fool posting his usual tripe every post.

His passing was excellent, he was all over the field covering loads of ground and his manager continuously picks him. He must be brutal altogether. Ozil -- he who assists the assisters.

True-merely pointing out how stats can be used. I thought Charlie Adam was the king assister of assisters!!!!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Not to mention that fool posting his usual tripe every post.

7th place awaits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

I get the feeling that the mirrir were so pissed off at being behind the curve when it came to the Sanchez and Debuchy rumours that they are pulling sh*t out of their arse now to get some page views.

True-merely pointing out how stats can be used. I thought Charlie Adam was the king assister of assisters!!!!

No mate, Charlie Adam is Burger King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It why I rarely go near match threads.

Plus there's bound to be plenty of bitter Liverpool fans looking to have a few digs at us.

After all its the fact there selling Suarez that looks to be enabling us to get Sanchez a player they would love who immediately wanted nothing to do with them for a fraction more than they paid for Lallana :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I love Ozil I think he is technically the best player ever to play for the club alongside Bergkamp, but I understand some of the criticism he gets because he looks so lazy and uninterested at times. But give him the ball and he will create chance after chance, I dont think there is a player in world football with the vision he has, and no its not because of his big eyes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Ozil got 2 assists tonight.

• Advertisement

I get the feeling that the mirrir were so pissed off at being behind the curve when it came to the Sanchez and Debuchy rumours that they are pulling sh*t out of their arse now to get some page views.

Couple of reliables on twitter saying it too
    We're doing to have plenty of options next year that's for sure

Plus there's bound to be plenty of bitter Liverpool fans looking to have a few digs at us.

mostly its just the one cabbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I love Ozil I think he is technically the best player ever to play for the club alongside Bergkamp, but I understand some of the criticism he gets because he looks so lazy and uninterested at times. But give him the ball and he will create chance after chance, I dont think there is a player in world football with the vision he has, and no its not because of his big eyes :D

Me too.

Like the criticism of him not going in for the 50/50 balls in the first ten minutes. Yes, other players would do that and that's fair enough.

However Wenger did not sign Ozil for his tenacious play and robust tackling.

I'm OK with that actually.

I don't think we really need to jump to his defence either tbh. A lot of football fans from the UK will just naturally respect a midfielder like Scott Parker far more than Ozil. There's no argument you can make to change that, it's just about values.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

bad2dabone wrote: »
    mostly its just the one cabbage.

My favourite was the Liverpool thread the other day when it exploded into a Di Maria vrs Ozil debate. There are loads of great posters in there but some of them just had to put down the Arsenal man.

Unfortunatly with Suarez gone, they couldn't pick one of their players to compare him with.

If Ozil hadnt joined last summer, im not sure Sanchez would be joining us this summer. He had faith in us so lets have a little in him. Player of the year 14/15

Just gonna put this out there.....

Sign, Sanchez and Remy. Everyone else stays fit....what the f**k will we do??!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Sanchez and Walcott will be playing with a massive boner whenever Ozil is in the lineup

Just gonna put this out there.....

Sign, Sanchez and Remy. Everyone else stays fit....what the f**k will we do??!!!!

Big games

Dm/Ramsey
    Walcott. Ozil. Scanhez
    Giroud

With a fcuk off bench too boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Noticed Mert getting a lot of criticism in the match thread but when I was watching the match I noticed either Boateng pretty much playing all the Brazilians onside every time a cross came in.

That is what makes Kos and Mert so good, they know each others weaknesses, and constantly communicate so they can act as a CB pair, rather than two separate players. Boateng just continued playing as if Hummels was next to him and that is what was causing the main problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Raf32 wrote: »
    If Ozil hadnt joined last summer, im not sure Sanchez would be joining us this summer. He had faith in us so lets have a little in him. Player of the year 14/15

To be honest with you no matter how well Ozil plays next year there will be idiots who will still criticise the man. Easy target when things dont go right for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement