Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Raf32 wrote: »
    Cheeky bid for Sturridge?

Well he is a gooner after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The history books would recount that World War III started on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Oh god don't be bringing them in here in our time of joy!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Oh god don't be bringing them in here in our time of joy!!!!!

If it wasnt for them selling Suarez, we wouldnt be getting Sanchez though :pac:

Matt Macey training with the first team today. Have high hopes for him, defo think he should be ahead of Martinez
    Gibbs has taken the #3 as well
    Francis Coquelin is back with the club too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

That France jersey is class. Unfortunately those figure hugging shirts and me don't get on well.

It's called a diet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

bad2dabone wrote: »
    from the Pool thread:

FA Cup winning World Cup Finalist Ozil, 7 goals 12 assists in 1st season being placed in the same bracket as Soldado and Lamela as a flop.

you've got to laugh.

LOL this from a team who signed the prolific Andy Carroll :D

People in glasshouses and all that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Anyoen know if dan crowley is around for pre - season. A lot was talked about him last year until he got injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gandalf wrote: »
    LOL this from a team who signed the prolific Andy Carroll :D

People in glasshouses and all that !!!

Meh. I'm done on all that. If people want to slag off Ozil on another part of the internet, then let them away with it. People who know what they're talking about will all have the same accurate opinion on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    Meh. I'm done on all that. If people want to slag off Ozil on another part of the internet, then let them away with it. People who know what they're talking about will all have the same accurate opinion on him.

People don't watch him closely i.e. his work-rate, passing accuracy, mileage covered, positioning, how he makes room for himself to receive a pass and how he knows when and when not to make a pass etc. They watch to see how many goals he scores or how many shots/misses he has. Then they criticise. I think most of them never kicked a ball in their lives and only follow teams because their dad did.
    They don't see his positioning. How he gets beside his midfield opponent when the other team has the ball thus preventing the pass to that opponent and forcing them to go other routes. They don't see why he is picked nearly first when the team is selected or what separates him from other lesser players.
    Some people just never see work done by the best players, the simple things that sets them apart. They just count goals and assists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

2zsvhw7.jpg

Gibbs number 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Like a LB should be always annoyed me how bacs was 3 and diaby 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Ronan14 wrote: »
    2zsvhw7.jpg

Gibbs number 3

Deserves it, quality left back and it's a shame about the injuries

Ridiculous how he's always overlooked by England but to be fair it's one position England aren't short of.. Maybe Ireland should have a look to find a Granny get that Stephen Ward clown off the team

Like a LB should be always annoyed me how bacs was 3 and diaby 2

Diaby got rid of the number 2 when he got injured last moved it to 24 , said it was unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

WTF has Ramsey done to his leg?

Last comment on the unpopular opinions thread :D i'm not getting involved, just pointing it out for anyone who wants to have a look.

BTW anyone with twitter, Emirates are with Ramsey and he's answering fan questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Last comment on the unpopular opinions thread :D i'm not getting involved, just pointing it out for anyone who wants to have a look.

yet you liked it :rolleyes: trying to rub it in are you.

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »

couldn't care if he tattoos his whole body as long as he gets better and better on the field is all I care about. My question is where does he get all the time to get these tats done, he's jet setting everywhere if you look at his instragram and Twitter.

Got it after he broke his leg, symbolic St.Michael, protect him from further dangers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Looper007 wrote: »

Seriously I really want to know the obsession everyone has with slating ozil.

One season under his belt and he done better than Silva or hazard on their first season.

Not to mention this world cup.

egghead. wrote: »

One season under his belt and he done better than Silva or hazard on their first season.

Its the same ones bringing it up time and time again. Everyones entitled to an opinion but when you have to keep repeating it, it feels like they are just trying to convince themselves.

egghead. wrote: »

He's the scapegoat for the press and rival fans who hate Arsenal but would take him just as quick if he was let go. He's had a good solid first season, no one has been saying he's been world class but people saying he's a flop are talking out of their arse. He's done fine at the world cup.

I think some fan's on here haven't watched him week in and week out and are easily lead by the pundits and papers, criticise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Its the same ones bringing it up time and time again. Everyones entitled to an opinion but when you have to keep repeating it, it feels like they are just trying to convince themselves.

I have noticed aswell that its fans of one of our rivals slagging him off and often there are fans of our bigger more successful rivals defending him..

• Advertisement

I have noticed aswell that its fans of one of our rivals slagging him off and often there are fans of our bigger more successful rivals defending him..

Yup, i suppose them top teams can appreciate quality players. Would be hard to when one only comes along every 10 or so years.

BTW anyone with twitter, Emirates are with Ramsey and he's answering fan questions.

@emirates @Arsenal @aaronramsey Everytime a player gets a sexy new haircut, they move to Madrid, is this your next destination? #askrambo

Awh he didn't tweet me back

Looper007 wrote: »

I like things i agree with, i didn't come in here forcing my opinion and upsetting the fellow gooners. :p
    byrneg28 wrote: »
    @emirates @Arsenal @aaronramsey Everytime a player gets a sexy new haircut, they move to Madrid, is this your next destination? #askrambo

Awh he didn't tweet me back

Hahah he tweeted someone back about saying mert loves a good ole sing song on the back of the bus after a win.

I was one of the lads annoyed we hadnt signed anyone yet but to get Sanchez for only a couple million more than Lallana is absolutely genius from Wenger. Never in doubt :cool:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't like putting the mod hat on in here but giving out about the Liverpool, or any other Superthread for that matter, is not on. All it does is bait posters into coming in here and causing aggro like what happened a couple of days ago.

Unless talk of an other team is within the context of Arsenal it shouldn't be in here, if someone is criticising a player or the club then you should respond to them in that thread rather than posting their opinion in here so everyone can have a good laugh or whatever.

If you think someone is posting stuff in another thread just to wind up particular fans then report it.

• Advertisement

Ok Mickeroo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't like putting the mod hat on in here but giving out about the Liverpool, or any other Superthread for that matter, is not on. All it does is bait posters into coming in here and causing aggro like what happened a couple of days ago.

Unless talk of an other team is within the context of Arsenal it shouldn't be in here, if someone is criticising a player or the club then you should respond to them in that thread rather than posting their opinion in here so everyone can have a good laugh or whatever.

If you think someone is posting stuff in another thread just to wind up particular fans then report it.

i'll do that if i see anyone going offtopic on other threads.

I agree all this slagging off on other clubs players is not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Ok Mickeroo :(
    Not sure why but reading that I started singing Hey Macerena.

haha that's a weird one alrite, they really need to get a laughy smilie in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I love Liverpool

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I love lamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Anyone know what injury Gnabry is carrying?

In fairness Hazard had a pretty decent season, a shining light for Chelsea when players like Willian have been massive flops

Dapics wrote: »
    Anyone know what injury Gnabry is carrying?

Where did you read he was carrying one, the Injury Room says we have no injuries?

• Advertisement

Where did you read he was carrying one, the Injury Room says we have no injuries?

not even Walcott or Chamberlain ? No Diaby either ? This must be a first :)

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2014/07/08/coquelin-returns-as-several-youngsters-train-with-first-team/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

In fairness Hazard had a pretty decent season, a shining light for Chelsea when players like Willian have been massive flops

I thought Willian was one of Chelsea's better players :confused:

He had a knee injury last April but I'm sure it's just precaution.

Theo Walcott has almost fully recovered too.

greendom wrote: »
    not even Walcott or Chamberlain ? No Diaby either ? This must be a first :)

No they're all good to go! Walcott has completed his rehabilitation and is in light training.

Kind of like when you get an amber injury icon in Football Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I thought Willian was quite good last season, a seriously hard worker who doesn't think it's beneath him to track back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

No they're all good to go! Walcott has completed his rehabilitation and is in light training.

Kind of like when you get an amber injury icon in Football Manager

give him a few months and he will be up and running

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I thought Willian was one of Chelsea's better players :confused:
    I thought Willian was quite good last season, a seriously hard worker who doesn't think it's beneath him to track back.

Really?? Didn't he get like 4 goals or something in all competitions? Had about 1000 shots off target...he's forever wasting opportunities , 2 assists for the PL year? i thought he was shocking.

Alright Guys, Serious question here.

Would ye be happy with Remy? I think he is a better player than Giroud for what it's worth.
    Imagine the pace of our attack with Remy, Sanchez and Walcott with Ozil providing the through balls. We would tear defenses apart! For me the prescence of Giroud in the same side as Sanchez and Walcott is counter-productive. I want the guy gone.

• Advertisement

Alright Guys, Serious question here.

Would ye be happy with Remy? I think he is a better player than Giroud for what it's worth.
    Imagine the pace of our attack with Remy, Sanchez and Walcott with Ozil providing the through balls. We would tear defenses apart! For me the prescence of Giroud in the same side as Sanchez and Walcott is counter-productive. I want the guy gone.

You think that a donkey is better than Giroud. As to Remy, he would add something different and would be a good option to have off the bench or to cover for injuries. Really could have done with him last season to be honest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement