Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Dapics wrote: »
    Alright Guys, Serious question here.

Would ye be happy with Remy? I think he is a better player than Giroud for what it's worth.
    Imagine the pace of our attack with Remy, Sanchez and Walcott with Ozil providing the through balls. We would tear defenses apart! For me the prescence of Giroud in the same side as Sanchez and Walcott is counter-productive. I want the guy gone.

how much will he cost? u know wenger wont spend more the another 30m on more players once sanchez is ours so if we can get him for around 10m plus a new RB and CDM for the remaining 20m then lets go

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

how much will he cost? u know wenger wont spend more the another 30m on more players once sanchez is ours so if we can get him for around 10m plus a new RB and CDM for the remaining 20m then lets go

I'm seeing 12m Euro's is being thrown around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Willian isnt shocking but his tally really isnt great, theres a decent debate in our own thread as to who we should play next year him or Schurrle, I'd still be going for Willian due to his work rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anybody think with the rumoured players coming in that we could see maybe the likes of Pod and Santi leaving? Especially with Campbell coming back from his loan spell to challenge for a place in the first team, would not be surprised in the slightest to see the 2 above being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Willian isnt shocking but his tally really isnt great, theres a decent debate in our own thread as to who we should play next year him or Schurrle, I'd still be going for Willian due to his work rate.

He didn't start many of his 24 league appearances last year did he? He has 4 goals and 3 assists, which isn't great for a player of such value but you have got to take into account that its his first year in the league. He is a likeable player, a bundle of energy who works his socks off for the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Have we not done this Remy Vs Giroud thing to death already.
    Two completely different types of strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Anybody think with the rumoured players coming in that we could see maybe the likes of Pod and Santi leaving? Especially with Campbell coming back from his loan spell to challenge for a place in the first team, would not be surprised in the slightest to see the 2 above being sold.

No makes our squad stronger like it does for city and Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

GavRedKing wrote: »

Yeah i appreciate his work rate but for me that isn't enough, he needs to produce the goods and if he cant do it next year he could be in trouble, starting him and using Schurrle as an impact sub like Germany have might not be that bad an idea tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

Would ye be happy with Remy? I think he is a better player than Giroud for what it's worth.
    Imagine the pace of our attack with Remy, Sanchez and Walcott with Ozil providing the through balls. We would tear defenses apart! For me the prescence of Giroud in the same side as Sanchez and Walcott is counter-productive. I want the guy gone.

Remy probably does certain things better than Giroud, but I'd have Giroud over him any day of the week. He brings something different to the team. His desire is immense. Very strong mentally. I feel the stick Giroud gets is a bit over the top. He missed a few chances in the big games last year and these are the things that people remember. They forget that he carried all the goal-scoring responsibilities for us when Ramsey and Walcott got injured. His back-up was Sanogo. He is 27 and improving. We need that sort of strength in the spine of our team. So while Remy might add something, I wouldn't take him as a swap for Giroud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah but then all a team needs to do is mark Ozil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah but then all a team needs to do is mark Ozil.

Do you not read the papers? He's crap.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Lads, just had a brainwave.

I reckon Loic Remy could be a useful signing. What do yee think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Cant see AW signing Remy or any other forward assuming the Sanchez thing happens. 3 players plus a sub GK is as far as I think he will go and we need a DM and seem to be chasing a few to be fair. Adding another CF seems like a luxury that I can't see Wenger going for. I reckon its Sanchez DM Debuchy GK and in january a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

A friend of a friend was in Ibiza yesterday and met Sanchez, has a picture and all legitimate!

No big deal? Nothing to worry about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

dvemail wrote: »
    Have we not done this Remy Vs Giroud thing to death already.
    Two completely different types of strikers.

But Remy is the new Kalou :D

Also I'm willing to bet that if Walcott and Sanchez are both fit for the season, Giroud will match Ozil for assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah i appreciate his work rate but for me that isn't enough, he needs to produce the goods and if he cant do it next year he could be in trouble, starting him and using Schurrle as an impact sub like Germany have might not be that bad an idea tho.

Willian needs to push on next season, I think he had a good first season but as you say needs to bring more goals and assists to his game. He was obviously overpriced but I'm glad we have him and was happy with how his first season went.

Sanchez is a massive coup for Arsenal and I expect him to tear up the league. I think Giroud will do well with the likes of Sanchez/Ozil/Walcott behind him but I don't think he will ever be a prolific goal scorer but then again he might not to be, he has a lot more to his game that will benefit the team as well as scoring his fair share. Remy would be great back up, has a record of 1 in 2 in the Premier League and with better players around him I'd expect him to flourish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Gringo180 wrote: »

hope not. we need more class players as u cna bet your mortgage sanchez, ozil and walcott will get injured at the same time at one stage in the season

hope not. we need more class players as u cna bet your mortgage sanchez, ozil and walcott will get injured at the same time at one stage in the season

Probably that 3 weeks in february where we usually go out of CL FA cup and league cup whilst dropping points to our rivals, god I hate that time of year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Mickeroo wrote: »

Are you ****ting me.... i swear to god i thought that was Sanchez signing! :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are you ****ting me.... i swear to god i thought that was Sanchez signing! :mad:

I should ban myself, I'm sorry :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

byrneg28 wrote: »
    A friend of a friend was in Ibiza yesterday and met Sanchez, has a picture and all legitimate!

No big deal? Nothing to worry about?

Must be roger sanchez (the dj) because alexis is being unveiled 2moro :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Christ. I thought the whole Kalou thing was just a running joke at this stage, didn't realise Arsenal actually STILL are being linked with him.

gosplan wrote: »
    Also I'm willing to bet that if Walcott and Sanchez are both fit for the season, Giroud will match Ozil for assists.

I mean watch this video - the chap has a sand wedge of a left foot.

Watch the last piece in particular. Midfielder fires the ball to Giroud's feet, both wingers start running and alley-op, the defence is taken out of it and the ball lands in the path of someone who can't be caught.

We'll see a lot of things like that IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

salmocab wrote: »
    Probably that 3 weeks in february where we usually go out of CL FA cup and league cup whilst dropping points to our rivals, god I hate that time of year.

That's usually November isn't it?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I reckon we will sell Campbell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Mickeroo wrote: »

Kalou is the missing piece. He always has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Edu on Talksport now

• Advertisement

It'd be Murphys Law now for all our players to stay fit for a season and we end up with a massively unhappy squad as there isn't enough first team games for players.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yes Pappa Dolla I can see Diaby having a brilliant year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sick as a dog atm but absolutely delighted with the Sanchez news! Just read about 8 pages of this thread (40ppp). Lets not get wound up about Ozil, sure hes such a flop that hes going to be starting a world cup final in a few days time. Also disappointed in you all: "jizz worthy flop"??? So many missed jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Yes Pappa Dolla I can see Diaby having a brilliant year. :D

I just hope he stays fit and finds another club after us

The poor fcuker have some heart to keep coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Was just saying to a friend that we've signed up the German national teams fitness coach to revamp the training methods and facilities after the wc. That's a good signing too I reckon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Paj wrote: »
    Was just saying to a friend that we've signed up the German national teams fitness coach to revamp the training methods and facilities after the wc. That's a good signing too I reckon

Long term, that might actually be as significant as any other signing we make. If our players all stayed fit for last year, we would have been first or second instead of fourth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Yeah, shad forsythe is the guys name, supposed to be world renowned in his field with ten years with the nationalmannschaft. Credit to wenger and gazidis for getting him

This is dawning of the age of aquarius. Really think we are going to kick on now and be competing for things for the future everything seems to be tipping along in the right direction. God I'm sh***ing myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We've also brought in a guy who's revamping the youth set up, which has been a bit lacking the last few years since the introduction of Gibbs, Wilshere and Szcz to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

So should we expect tomorrow to be the big day? Did someone say there was a live stream of puma unveiling? What time is it at?

So should we expect tomorrow to be the big day? Did someone say there was a live stream of puma unveiling? What time is it at?

YUp live stream on Puma website. Doesnt start until 11 tomorrow night however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Apparently Sanchez's hairdresser has put up a photo on Facebook of him calling in to say goodbye and confirmed he's joining Arsenal. You just gotta love social media :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

The Arsenal Horse @thearsenalhorse · 1h

Yes yes yes ✈✈✈✈✈ tomorrow I'm led to believe

The Arsenal Horse @thearsenalhorse · 3m

People, stay really calm and stop believing the ****e being sprouted about. Sanchez is not in the UK, he is coming tomorrow.

For the day that's in it, this is worth posting. One of the greatest World Cup moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 46s
    Arsenal close to completing Sanchez signing for around £30m. Deal in principle & personal terms agreed, just some details to sort #AFC #FCB

I think we're there.

Twitter rumours of a €30m bid for Khedira. Was great yesterday, although didn't have much to do in the way of defending.

Twitter rumours of a €30m bid for Khedira. Was great yesterday, although didn't have much to do in the way of defending.

Its like the club is trying to spend every penny while Arsene is gone :pac:

image.png

I should note that I have no idea of the reliability of the sources, seemed to be spanish journalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

€30M for a player with 1yr left on his contract.. I doubt we'll pay that.
    That said i'd love to get him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement