Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    €30M for a player with 1yr left on his contract.. I doubt we'll pay that.
    That said i'd love to get him.

The inconsistency of currency usage is really annoying me! Not you personally just in newspapers and what have you

30 million euro is 23.8 million pounds, which I personally don't think is too bad for a seasoned midfielder coming from Real Madrid playing in a World Cup final next week and who's 27 years of age (In this day and age anyway)

Actually I don't think any player is worth these ridiculous sums of money while millions of people are in poverty around the world!

Rant over :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Raf32 wrote: »
    Its like the club is trying to spend every penny while Arsene is gone :pac:

Gazidis pictured as Arsene landed in Brazil.

2ypiu15.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Schneiderlin done according to a few reliables on twitter....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know Beggers can't be choosers but I'd rather Khedira over one of the southampton class of 13/14

I know Beggers can't be choosers but I'd rather Khedira over one of the southampton class of 13/14

I know what ya mean but i like him, big strong physical presence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So what happened to Arsene then, too many caiparinhos on the beach or sun stroke. Whatever it is I'm loving it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

BBC saying we've reached an agreement.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28177987

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Wheres that coming from? Cant seem to find the source.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Wheres that coming from? Cant seem to find the source.

Sorry forgot to source,
    @GoonerGimli, AFC_Andrew and @fkhanage all said it was done, all semi reliable and seem in with Geoff and Darren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

The not signing Fabregas and all this activity has me even more excited about Arsenal than at any point since the Champions League final in 06. Iv always been a huge backer of him but does anyone else get the sense that Wenger really knows what he wants and can get it now and there is a shared conviction that we are truly back competing at the top again?

The not signing Fabregas and all this activity has me even more excited about Arsenal than at any point since the Champions League final in 06. Iv always been a huge backer of him but does anyone else get the sense that Wenger really knows what he wants and can get it now and there is a shared conviction that we are truly back competing at the top again?

Exactly how I feel man. Havent been this excited or expectant going into a season in a very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    BBC saying we've reached an agreement.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28177987

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Sorry forgot to source,
    @GoonerGimli, AFC_Andrew and @fkhanage all said it was done, all semi reliable and seem in with Geoff and Darren.

I think Darren is the only one I would hang my hat on, still excited though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Is David Ornstein reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Very much so. Only usually confirms deals when at advanced stages though. Not one for rumours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

We're still not getting him lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

As I've said before he is very reliable but he's usually behind the pack in terms that of rumours and breaking stories.

He is basically Arsenals very own way of leaking stories he gets his news directly from Arsenal, so he knows what they want him to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

As long as the Kalou rumours are true we'll be in for some season of attacking football.

I will be suprised if Debuchy and Sanchez is not confirmed by the club tomorrow. This Puma deal is more than likely keeping it all cooled for the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Sanchez wont be announced until after the Suarez transfer id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've a feeling it'll be tomorrow with the kit launch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

True that could be the case.

Hope not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wenger wants what's best for Arsenal.

If he penny pinched, it was always for the good of the club. He has no interest and does not gain anything from Arsenal having a cash surplus just for the sake of it.

I said it back at the start of the summer. He's no looking for the best possible players to add. That's not going to be an 80 million Bale or Suarez but it will be Higuain, Ozil, Sanchez and why wouldn't you believe Kedhira or Bender? And how much more attractive must we be to top players now?

Take purchases of this level and add them to Wenger's proven ability to get you the Henry, Fab, Ramsey, RVP players on the cheap and it's all good.

This is going from strength to strength

WENGER IN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I wouldn't say Henry was cheap. £10.5m in 2000 is probably not far off equivalent to £30m in 2014. Inflation in football is enormous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I wouldn't say Henry was cheap. £10.5m in 2000 is probably not far off equivalent to £30m in 2014. Inflation in football is enormous.

No and neither was Ramsey for a young player ... And neither was Kos really, but they would cost a hell of a lot more at their peak.

Edited: I guess what I mean (in my drunken stupor) is that Wenger will always provide you with half a great team on a limited budget. If you look at Man U(no offence meant and an anomaly for such a successful club) they have three central mids, Fletcher, Carrick, Fell, that many fans want to see all replaced. So even with Herrera, they're hoping for Vidal. Wenger for me will need a few 30-40 million players but will always provide the guts of a good squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Suarez deal is done. I imagine that pool don't want the figure trashed around until they get some deals done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Good estimation. Says £33 here: http://balls.ie/football/tomkins-table/

I'd say his price tag trebled two years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Good estimation. Says £33 here: http://balls.ie/goofball/tomkins-table/

I'd say his price tag trebled two years later.

Interesting article, thanks.

The method seems a bit simplistic, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Anyone have that stat pic with ozils stats compared to the other "stars" at the World Cup? It was posted here a few days back, I can't find it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Anyone have that stat pic with ozils stats compared to the other "stars" at the World Cup? It was posted here a few days back, I can't find it though.

No, but this article on talk sport might help.
    http://talksport.com/football/lay-mesut-ozil-joachim-low-picks-him-reason-140709100787

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Seeing as we are close to 10,000 posts (with the rate we are going, it'll only be a couple of days), I vote Mickeroo makes the thread again. Definitely not Gav after how the previous one went!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seeing as we are close to 10,000 posts (with the rate we are going, it'll only be a couple of days), I vote Mickeroo makes the thread again. Definitely not Gav after how the previous one went!

The trophy thread winning Mickeroo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Yes, definitely Mickeroo.

Also, three cheers for Mickeroo, he's done an excellent job for us, fourth place, FA cup, all our players recovered, looks like a bunch of stars being bought.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yes, definitely Mickeroo.

Also, three cheers for Mickeroo, he's done an excellent job for us, fourth place, FA cup, all our players recovered, looks like a bunch of stars being bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im surprised this hasnt been mentioned yet

Mesut Özil @MesutOzil1088 · 8h
    you have a beautiful country, wonderful people and amazing footballers-this match may not destroy your pride! #Brasil pic.twitter.com/lI2TXeVCUY

Class act, most wouldnt bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

60cf1d93217c42b13c40ac1fd1216234.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Loving this summer so far and its gonna get better!!

WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Today's the day we sign all the players.

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

View from my local coffee place .

13465739454_0b99098b8a_c.jpg527A0540.jpg by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

dinorebel wrote: »
    60cf1d93217c42b13c40ac1fd1216234.png

That is quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

View from my local coffee place .

Am I missing some context here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Since this place is quiet.

Rumours going around Khedira is available for 20m euros as he only has one year left on his contract (makes sense) and he is so far refusing to sign an extension.

Ourselves and United are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Since this place is quiet.

Rumours going around Khedira is available for 20m euros as he only has one year left on his contract (makes sense) and he is so far refusing to sign an extension.

Ourselves and United are interested.

We'll win that one everyday, Champions League football, mert pold gnabry especially Ozil, prob more wages, a better place to live, a better chance to grow and less chance of being sold off after 1 year. Just my opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

If we pull off these signing, we'll be serious contenders on all fronts. Its so hard not getting excited, but it seems this is the start of something beautiful for us Gooners.

Supposedly we are in for 20 year old right back Javi Manquillo on loan with an option to buy. Would finish Jenko here I feel

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Khedira or any sort of quality DMF, along with Sanchez and Debuchy, will be the start of something great for Arsenal. Maybe not immediately but either this year or next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lucas Leiva to join Napoli for a season with an option then for €15 million transfer,that'll be the foul count in Serie A climbing rapidly so.

oops,wrong thread.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

symbolic wrote: »
    Am I missing some context here?

"Symbolic" for a new dawn for the club surely. :p

what time does the kit get revealed today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

11pm

http://i.imgur.com/bTLDLyQ.png

Taken down apparently.

Odd, seeing as we're definitely not getting him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement