Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Raf32 wrote: »
    Would finish Jenko here I feel

Not necessarily. Why have there been no rumours of us signing another CB? Jenkinson was always a CB in his youth days, and Arsene has dropped hints before that that's where he seems him in the long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not necessarily. Why have there been no rumours of us signing another CB? Jenkinson was always a CB in his youth days, and Arsene has dropped hints before that that's where he seems him in the long term.

Would be all four him being our fourth choice. Looks too awkward for right back. We still have Djourou on the books too so we dont really need a 4th CB atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

symbolic wrote: »
    Am I missing some context here?

I Guess he's referring it as a new dawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Great kid too, when I was at the Emirates I was looking for his commemoration to his grandfather.

He actually has two on opposite sides outside the emirates because one of the blocks is grammatically incorrect

one says 'Grandad hope you're proud'

and the other 'Grandad hope your proud'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Would be all four him being our fourth choice. Looks too awkward for right back. We still have Djourou on the books too so we dont really need a 4th CB atm.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11896/9245262/transfer-news-johan-djourou-completes-permanent-move-to-hamburg-from-arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seeing as we are close to 10,000 posts (with the rate we are going, it'll only be a couple of days), I vote Mickeroo makes the thread again. Definitely not Gav after how the previous one went!

:mad:

I'll be watching the post count like a hawk, soon as it gets to 10K......BOOOOOM.

Thread ruined. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Check the arsenal website, he's still up there as an Arsenal player, infact he only came back in to the official team after the loan spell at Hamburg, it's a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

11pm

11pm? odd time to reveal? 11am?

11pm? odd time to reveal? 11am?

Think its for the American audience too.

Think its for the American audience too.

That's funny forgot they were a club from London!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

B****x, here I'm thinking it's 11am and Refreshing Twitter/Arsenal homepage to see any links of launch.

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'll be watching the post count like a hawk, soon as it gets to 10K......BOOOOOM.

Then we'll make our own Arsenal thread. With blackjack. And hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So now that Sanchez is pretty much sorted I just waned to say

fück yeah!!

Thats a great signing for us, and all for less then 30million!!

Hold your horses young man, there's still a way to go, until i see him on the arsenal website with an arsenal jersey on i'm holding off on my celebratory fapping session.

Hold your horses young man, there's still a way to go, until i see him on the arsenal website with an arsenal jersey on i'm holding off on my celebratory fapping session.

He could be just another Lamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

We need a v good DM.

I think this more than any other signing will be the most benificial to how balanced our team is this season.

We need the security of someone in midfield to put up their hands and say I've got you covered to the other midfielders and it's a person we haven't had for years. If we get a very good DM we will be serious title contenders.

giphy.gif

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You mean it's too soon for this?

UnselfishExemplaryBeagle.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

We are not signing Alexis Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lads, the reverse jinx didnt end to well last year for Liverpool, if ye keep saying it he'll end up at QPR or something. :pac:

Anyway, if ye do get him and ye look nailed on, ye'll be in with a great chance of the league if ye stay injury free in key areas.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You mean it's too soon for this?

TBF that is pretty fcking funny!

Lads, the reverse jinx didnt end to well last year for Liverpool, if ye keep saying it he'll end up at QPR or something. :pac:
    Higuain 2013. #neverforget

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Its grand, Sanchez's barber says he's an Arsenal player. :)

So the party line has gone from we haven't won a trophy in 9 years to we've only won 1 trophy in 9 years. Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its grand, Sanchez's barber says he's an Arsenal player. :)

Still more reliable than Balague.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ornstein just tweeted the medical will be later today but he won't be unveiled at the kit launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Ornstein just tweeted the medical will be later today but he won't be unveiled at the kit launch.

They're just f*cking with us now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Seen someone say it would be stupid to do I tonight when were going to get a lot of publicity anyway

Prob be tomorrow makes sense though

Check the arsenal website, he's still up there as an Arsenal player, infact he only came back in to the official team after the loan spell at Hamburg, it's a weird one.

Bob is right. He is on our retained list too.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Now it could be a case of a gentlemans agreement in place with Hamburg and Arsenal are just holding on to him until they see how the Vermaelen situation pans out or perhaps pending getting another centre back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Jesus, Sanchez is really happening isnt it, i cant believe it.

Bob is right. He is on our retained list too.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Now it could be a case of a gentlemans agreement in place with Hamburg and Arsenal are just holding on to him until they see how the Vermaelen situation pans out or perhaps pending getting another centre back.

That certainly makes sense, i'd prefer nearly anyone to Djourou tbh

I know he'll be linked with everyone under the sun today, but what about Vlaar as a short term option? Only a year left on his contract, would be happy to play second fiddle in a CL team I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

shano_88 wrote: »
    So the party line has gone from we haven't won a trophy in 9 years to we've only won 1 trophy in 9 years. Brilliant!

Should that not be two trophies in nine years? FA cup in 2005 along with the FA cup in 2014.

Either way it is a pretty stupid thing for people to be trying to use to bait others with. With the exception of Man U and Chelsea, no other club in the Premiership has won more than two or three of the main pieces of silverware during the past nine years.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

I know he'll be linked with everyone under the sun today, but what about Vlaar as a short term option? Only a year left on his contract, would be happy to play second fiddle in a CL team I reckon.

Vlaar is like Big Richie Dunne. If there are legs around him and the one on ones are in the air or tight spaces he looks great but if not he is more Cygan

yupya1 wrote: »
    Vlaar is like Big Richie Dunne. If there are legs around him and the one on ones are in the air or tight spaces he looks great but if not he is more Cygan

I don't want to see that name on here ever again...:mad:

Who was worse, Cygan, Senderos, Squillaci or Silvestre? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I like Cygan and Senderos.

The other two....useless.

Squillaci surely. I'm sure I can remember at least one decent performance for all the others :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You forgot the worst of all Stepanov.

• Advertisement

Senderos was part of that clean sheet run in the CL 2006.

Zinedine Cygan is a hero.

The other two, good god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Silvestre because not only was he sh!te he was also ex-Man U

In Silvestre's defence, he was a decent full back in his time but was over the hill and crocked when we got him. Was never really a centre half. More of a makeshift.
    For me Squillachi was the worst although Senderos runs him a close second. The night at Anfield that he crouched down and let Sami Hyppia score that easy header was sinful.

Squillaci - still convinced he was an alien acting like a footballer.

Brainstorm, make the worst Arsenal 11 possible using players from the last 20 years :D

Brainstorm, make the worst Arsenal 11 possible using players from the last 20 years :D

This could get ugly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This could get ugly :pac:

I'm off to the Liverpool forum!!

greendom wrote: »
    I'm off to the Liverpool forum!!

Need some cheering up :pac:

Rumours Khedira has rejected a new contract at Real Madrid and is pushing for a move to Arsenal.

When you start buying world class players, everyone want to join its seems!

• Advertisement

Almunia

Luzhny Stefanovs squallaci santos

Baptista inamoto Bishoff Diawara

Park Jeffers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement