Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

shano_88 wrote: »
    Rumours Khedira has rejected a new contract at Real Madrid and is pushing for a move to Arsenal.

When you start buying world class players, everyone want to join its seems!

Having Poldi, Ozil and Merts in your ear probably helps too !:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

greendom wrote: »
    and while Juventus made a late bid to land the winger, their offer could not compete with that of Arsenal.

That is something i thought i'd never read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So according to El Confidencial (who are very reliable) Khedira is available for €20M.
    But Arsenal have been told that if Khedira were to sign he'd need to be there highest earner.. Which would be at around 150K.

Quote -
    Arsenal have been told Sami Khedira must be made their highest earner, on £150,000 per week, if he is to join the north Londoners. The London Evening Standard claim Spanish radio station Cadena Ser say the German international would need to be paid more than compatriot Mesut Ozil in order to leave Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So Liverpool not being in London wasnt the reason? :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So according to El Confidencial (who are very reliable) Khedira is available for €20M.
    But Arsenal have been told that if Khedira were to sign he'd need to be there highest earner.. Which would be at around 150K.

Quote -

Cant see this transfer happening if thats true.

Schneiderlin could be got for half what Kheidira wants

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Quote -

Ozil wages + £1. Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

he's a dirty aul slut, tells all the players he's loved them from afar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Hmmm. All this public display of earnings is never good. Ramsey and Theo wont stand idly be either im sure if 2/3 lads coming in much higher even if they have just signed recent contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Hmmm. All this public display of earnings is never good. Ramsey and Theo wont stand idly be either im sure if 2/3 lads coming in much higher even if they have just signed recent contracts.

Rambo just signed last year, on around 100k, as is theo.

They'll be graaaand.
    Sure Rambo went and got himself a brand new haircut and everything.
    He's rolling in the cash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Feels like I am in a parallel universe with all these players were linked with.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Quote -

Well worth the fee. 20 million for him is good value for money.

Not worth the wages though. He must be on very high wages at RM.

Khedira would be a fantastic signing for Arsenal. Might be a tiny bit slow in the middle, but he’s very, very game-smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'll admit that i haven't watched Khedira play an awful lot but obviously he comes with a good reputation.

My feeling is that if you want the best in the world in that position - Khedira, Vidal, Yaya, etc - then you have to go some way towards matching wages at other clubs.

From Khedira's point of view. He's 27 and this will be his last big deal if it's 4/5 years.

If Walcott and Rambo stay fit, and have great seasons, then surely they'll be bumped up accordingly. But they're 25 and 23. They've another move if they want it and they've the opportunity to get a further wage increase if they merit it.

If Arsenal were to sign Khedira, we'd be getting him for the best years of his career. And he's one of the best in that position, so surely he feels he'd merit the salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Relative to the other premium players in Khediras position 20-25 million is a steal!
    Paying extra in wages over a four year contract still equates to good business!
    Of course the club needs to keep a certain wage structure but imagine.....

Khedira Ramsey
    Walcott Ozil Sanchez

QUALITY with the likes of Ox Arteta Cazorla Wilshere we would cope with some injuries and are back as genuine title contenders!!

Can't see Arsenal agreeing to him being the best paid footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

According to that El Condifdencial report, Man Utd bid 40m for him last season.

I can see them going in for Khedira. Can also see Chelsea going in based on the articles statement that Mourinho is a big fan of him.

Gonna be tough with Khedira I'd say.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't see Arsenal agreeing to him being the best paid footballer.

I think it's fair enough since he has a few years on our other big earners, though I agree I'm not sure we would do it.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it's fair enough since he has a few years on our other big earners, though I agree I'm not sure we would do it.

If we have the money (we do) and we want the player we can pay it.
    But I do think that if Chelsea wanted him he would go there as he is a fan of Mourinho and vice versa.

But at the same time, Barcaflop Francis Fabregas had public spats with Mourinho and now he suckles from his greasy breast.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ew. Thanks for that image.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Paj wrote: »
    If we have the money (we do) and we want the player we can pay it.
    But I do think that if Chelsea wanted him he would go there as he is a fan of Mourinho and vice versa.

But at the same time, Barcaflop Francis Fabregas had public spats with Mourinho and now he suckles from his greasy breast.

If he goes to Chelsea then a cheeky bid for Matic is a must.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Again it will all boil down to AW's valuation of Khedira and what he believes are his strengths over players who would be cheaper.

I have a hunch that the whole Khedira away from RM was as a result of AW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dapics wrote: »
    According to that El Condifdencial report, Man Utd bid 40m for him last season.

I can see them going in for Khedira. Can also see Chelsea going in based on the articles statement that Mourinho is a big fan of him.

Gonna be tough with Khedira I'd say.

TBH we dont need another CM even though we've been linked with Kroos and Pogba the last week or two both are highly unlikely to end up with us for various reasons.
    If he goes to Chelsea then a cheeky bid for Matic is a must.

feck off from Matic :mad: :pac:

TBH if we sign another CM it'll be more than likley that Mikel or Ramires will be chopped, then you've got Romeu whos likely to go, Josh MacEchran too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The past few days have been (almost) worth all the crap we went through over the years.

so thrilled over Sanchez. Top quality baller. Biggest signing since Özil :P

No way we give Khedira 150K.
    With Ozil on 140K and i'm guessing Sanchez on 120K I think 110K is fine for Khedira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think get Wenger on the phone to him AMD well be grand sign him u want to be the best you need to get the best in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

**** then I suppose we will just have to make to with Bender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I know we're all getting worked up. I am too.

But we've yet to see anyone on Arsenal.com holding up a shirt.

If any club can make a balls of things in the transfer market, its us.

Na, Sanchez is 100% done.
    Debuchy soon to follow.

Maybe we should get Enda, Obama and the Mexican ambassador on the case to see if we can sort it all out quicker

Angulo, never forget.

We’re not signing anyone, it’s just a ploy by Arsenal and Puma to get us to buy new Jerseys.

JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

Nobody played my game :(

• Advertisement

Nobody played my game :(

In fairness I wanted to but I couldn't really argue with your picks. Though I did have a soft spot for Baptiste myself and probably wouldn't have had him in there, like Arshavin he managed 4 goals in a game at one point against Liverpool.

Yeah i just kinda threw him in there because he was such a flop, and i can't really think of any wingers that were really really bad? Bentley?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yeah i just kinda threw him in there because he was such a flop, and i can't really think of any wingers that were really really bad? Bentley?

Glenn Helder

Same, was looking through players and I couldn't come up with anyone else. Pennant maybe? Himself and Bentley never got much of a chance really though.

Yeah they didn't but as it turned out both were fairly bad, although i remember Pennant had a good game or 2 for us?

• Advertisement

In fairness I wanted to but I couldn't really argue with your picks. Though I did have a soft spot for Baptiste myself and probably wouldn't have had him in there, like Arshavin he managed 4 goals in a game at one point against Liverpool.
    Yeah and I wouldnt have Luzhny in there. The horse was a bit of a favourite of mine .

Definitely better than the hoytes or tavlaridis

DarrenArsenal1 -
    Arsenal have sights on Germany for a DM

Khedira or Bender?

DarrenArsenal1 -

Khedira or Bender?

Yeah I saw that, pretty much every reply to the tweet is asking that very question.

Tavlaridis!!! Completely forgot about that piece of ****, good shout.

Yeah they didn't but as it turned out both were fairly bad, although i remember Pennant had a good game or 2 for us?
    Pennant played for a few othe top clubs. Could look at some of the young lads that never made it. Randall or Aliadiere I remember both played on the wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

DarrenArsenal1 -

Khedira or Bender?
    Lothar Matthaus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Lothar Matthaus.
    Just a one year contract so.

Yeah and I wouldnt have Luzhny in there. The horse was a bit of a favourite of mine .

Definitely better than the hoytes or tavlaridis

I was a fan of Oleg too, to date the only away game I’ve ever been to was Vs Wimbledon in 1999/2000 season and I remember singing the Oleg Luhzy, Emmanuel Petit, Thierry Henry song.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Lothar Matthaus.

Wenger is so in the zone signing all the world class players he is buying the old ones to

Pennant played for a few othe top clubs. Could look at some of the young lads that never made it. Randall or Aliadiere I remember both played on the wing

He sure did, and he was pretty **** for them all, i only know Randalls name, and Aliadiere is a striker, playing in France atm IIRC

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement