Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

what number is Nacho going to wear then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

fulmer1984 wrote: »

18 i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I think this was the real news in case you have not seen it yet

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140710/alexis-sanchez-agrees-to-join-arsenal

Whos he?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    WARNING !!

DO NOT BUY PLAYER VERSION OF KIT IF YOU ARE NOT SKINNY OR IF YOU HAVE GIANT NIPPLES

puma6.jpg

man they look clingy as fcuk. think i need to start workin out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Damn...

451987804-olivier-giroud-wears-the-new-puma-arsenal-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUk8gYZViqR19tSEUN43BK9skOLuV%2bVLvEjP5uLRq%2bcIlZHHuy8UiPK8obvVXXG4sw%3d%3d

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The website is on a go-slow. Lots of people buying kit.

#2 is available but to be quite honest i don't like the look of that lad at all.

Debuchy will probably get #2 anyway. Perhaps the Gilles cursed number 18 for Nacho not that he could play any worse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Damn...

Defenders up and down the country will be too "confused" to stop Ollie

Monreal will have number 18*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

shano_88 wrote: »
    Was that really it?

No. There's cocktails and mingling with the arsenal players and staff in the reception area through that door on your left.........enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Loving the look of those jerseys. Wouldn't want to be carrying a few pounds in them.

omega man wrote: »
    No. There's cocktails and mingling with the arsenal players and staff in the reception area through that door on your left.........enjoy

icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Alternative away jersey is absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Well lads, a great day to be a gooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I know we are all excited about the kits etc.

But I feel a change of captaincy is coming, who do you think will get it? or who would you like to see get it?

I think Mertesacker will get it but I'd like to see Ramsey as captain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

byrneg28 wrote: »

But I feel a change of captaincy is coming, who do you think will get it? or who would you like to see get it?

Has to be Mert - Made of Arsenal he has proven.

For me Mert is the real leader as things stand. If Verm goes then Mert will become club captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arteta will get it with Mert being Vice. Arteta is Wengers right hand man it seems. Was there to welcome Sanchez today, love that guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

From the sounds of it, it seems that Wenger again had a big hand in Sanchez coming. Was in contact with him on Brazil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sanchez (25) Ozil (25) Ramsey (23) Wilshere (22) Walcott (25) Chamberlain (20)

Could be a few good years ahead.

Is that the expected goal count for next season :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Will we be in for Pogba?

Khedira is very limited, doesn't win the ball and recycle the ball quick enough IMO.

Has never really looked the part at Madrid, looks vulnerable at higher pace.

Bender is not happening either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Raf32 wrote: »
    Arteta will get it with Mert being Vice. Arteta is Wengers right hand man it seems. Was there to welcome Sanchez today, love that guy!

I dont think most people would have a problem with that tbh..

It will be a short captaincy anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

jonny666 wrote: »
    From the sounds of it, it seems that Wenger again had a big hand in Sanchez coming. Was in contact with him on Brazil

Yip and according to some accounts today Sanchez was a target before Suarez to Barca, etc which if true deserves credit too and means it wasn't just opportunistic. It would make a lot of sense too re Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Cracking signing for Arsenal. As a neutral i really hope Arsenal sort out the other problem positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The mans won me over in the last year or so , fair play to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Thought some of ye might like a look at this:

http://www.squawka.com/news/would-lars-bender-sami-khedira-or-morgan-schneiderlin-be-a-better-fit-for-arsenals-midfield/136781

While I think Khedira is the blockbuster signing and I wouldn't be unhappy with any of them I have a preference for Bender. I think a Bender/Ramsey as the first choice two is the most solid, balanced and dynamic.

It's his tackling and physicality where he really shines and is 24. Could actually have the best midfield in the world in two years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Yeah I'd prefer Bender to Khedira. I think Bender would complement Ramsey more.

Though the thing is, we know Khedira is available whereas it hasn't been explicitly stated for Bender. On this basis, a move for Khedira is more feasible.

I'd be happy with either of them really though. As long as we are getting a DM I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Will sanchez play cf or rw?

Hes not a natural left winger. Could mean the end for giroud or walcott?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Will sanchez play cf or rw?

Hes not a natural left winger. Could mean the end for giroud or walcott?

Not really, given the amount of injuries we accumulate in a season. I bet we'll see him feature in all of RWF, LWF and CF this coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Will we be in for Pogba?

Khedira is very limited, doesn't win the ball and recycle the ball quick enough IMO.

Has never really looked the part at Madrid, looks vulnerable at higher pace.

Bender is not happening either.

We don't need Pogba....

umtwm_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cannot wait for the new season to start , Can see us battering a lot of the smaller teams with the attacking players we have now

Cannot wait for the new season to start , Can see us battering a lot of the smaller teams with the attacking players we have now

We have so many options aswell - Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski, Ozil, Sanchez(:D), Cazorla, Rosicky, Gnabry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If i was a betting man now I reckon we'll still get Khedira, Remy and a back up keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

you lot have done well there, great signing, and can see Arsenal coming to force again next year, would have loved to see him at Anfield but so be it. the Arsenal liverpool games next year will be high end attacking at its best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Fantastic signing. Finally starting to look like we will not only have a really strong first team but also a really strong bench. Would actually be happy if the rest of the signings were more defensively minded.

Thankfully the fan version is more forgiving in fit.

NVaaM8h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is there a way of selecting fitted version or fan version when buying it? Just had a look there on Arsenal.com doesn't seem to be an option.

You Are My Arsenal @YouAreMyArsenal · 1h

Dear @John_W_Henry First Ozil & then Sanchez, not sure what we're smokin' at #Arsenal but bet you want some now? #AFC

:pac:

Is there a way of selecting fitted version or fan version when buying it? Just had a look there on Arsenal.com doesn't seem to be an option.

The ones at £55 are the fan (loose) versions.
    Not sure where you can buy the Player versions but I know they cost £100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Player ones are what the Uruguay players had at world cup. They look awful when a player is drenched in sweat. Get the fan ones. I'm sure there's aerodynamic crap about the player ones but it might be fluff too. Nike hilariously had jerseys that, while super sleek when dry, once wet with human sweat, or worse, sweat and rain, the jerseys became sponges and players actually resorted to weighing them with scales to prove a point. That's how much the jerseys were affecting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

What an amazing signing, and done relatively early.

Add a right back, dm and striker if Sanchez's gonna play left and we'll be flying.

And dare I say it - Diaby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yes. Diaby for player of the season!!!

It's great though. We must be such an attractive option to people like Bender now.

And the really mad thing is that if we got a DMF this summer, we would be a single player (CF) away from having a complete squad.

Jesus, imagine a summer where we collectively said

'No, we don't need any signings really'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gosplan wrote: »
    Yes. Diaby for player of the season!!!

It's great though. We must be such an attractive option to people like Bender now.

And the really mad thing is that if we got a DMF this summer, we would be a single player (CF) away from having a complete squad.

Jesus, imagine a summer where we collectively said

'No, we don't need any signings really'

I reckon Giroud will break 30 goals this season. If Campbell does well as back up, we'd be set unless someone amazing suddenly became available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Don't think we will be getting a striker unless it's remy

Giroud for 20+ last year and Walcott the year before with the arrival of scanhez I think we will be ok

We will go big for a midfielder and then a few squad fillers

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

From the fb page just now

No, you weren't dreaming - this really did happen last night... how happy are you right now #Arsenal fans?! #SanchezSigns

10487455_10152351712297713_6234230809935420161_n.jpg

In such a good mood this morning :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭Lostman1990

I can't wait for next season. I think that with Walcott, Sanchez and Ramsey making runs in behind, Ozil will be unplayable.

3 years ago today we signed gervinho
    Yesterday we signed scanhez
    Our time is coming

I'm waiting on that Liverpool fan from last season to come in and say it's disgusting we're going against our morals and spending big on players :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Predictions? Anyone expecting a big surprise or two before the deadline or could we get some or all of those we're heavily linked with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

man they look clingy as fcuk. think i need to start workin out!

Deffo getting one for the missus, will look great on wimmen!!!

;);)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement