Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just thinking for some games we could line up like

Sanchez

Chamberlain
    Walcott

Ozil

Ramsey

That would be a scary proposition for any team to face lots of pace, Ozil spraying the ball around and Ramsey's runs into the box.

With Sanchez and Walcott interchanging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just thinking for some games we could line up like

Sanchez

Chamberlain
    Walcott

Ozil

Ramsey

That would be a scary proposition for any team to face lots of pace, Ozil spraying the ball around and Ramsey's runs into the box.

With Sanchez and Walcott interchanging.

Khedira beside Ramsey and thats the perfect team I want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

The general impression I get is that he is very well liked with the Barca fans, in terms of his personality at least. The most common description of his personality on the pitch is that he is a fighter and a hard working team player.

Good friend of mine lives in Barcelona and has been a regular at Camp Nou for many years - says Sanchez has the ability to cause chaos in the box & can make a goal out of nothing - very good with assists too ! - Fans love him but very very shy off the pitch & keeps family life to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Is the new jersey released in Ireland or is it just Arsenal direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Is the new jersey released in Ireland or is it just Arsenal direct?

Lifestyle have the home and away online. Saw the home one in the airport this morning

Excellent, thanks.

These are just our attacking options...:eek:
    BsQ6usvCEAA8FqR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Depending on injuries, and now that we have a reasonable depth of a squad, I Would be confident we can beat utd,city or chelsea in the league (home or away ) for the first times in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

omega man wrote: »
    Lifestyle have the home and away online. Saw the home one in the airport this morning

Lifestlye have it in the bricks and mortar shop as do JD Sports. Long sleeves one is €70. Kids short sleeve for 6/7 is €50 which is scandalous, in my opinion.
    Really lightweight material but the Badge is not stiched on but an Iron on job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Andip wrote: »
    Good friend of mine lives in Barcelona and has been a regular at Camp Nou for many years - says Sanchez has the ability to cause chaos in the box & can make a goal out of nothing - very good with assists too ! - Fans love him but very very shy off the pitch & keeps family life to himself.

I'd see his shyness as positive. The last thing we need is a big time Charlie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

blingrhino wrote: »
    Depending on injuries, and now that we have a reasonable depth of a squad, I Would be confident we can beat utd,city or chelsea in the league (home or away ) for the first times in years.

I'm nearly there, to be that confident we need to signed a RB (which looks nearly done) and a quality DCM. If we do that and avoid an injury nightmare then we are game ball.

If I was being picky I would like another option behind Giroud but hopefully Campbell can be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another couple of signings for the right areas and we will have a formidable squad to challenge on all fronts.
    I expect to see a lot of changes for different games with players getting frequent rests during the season. Keep everyone fresh. To do this we need another CB or two as squad players but someone has mentioned a loan player who can play FB on either side which is good.

Arsenal looking strong, confident and skillful. New players bedded in before the league begins.

Now we are doing things the right way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I remember when RVP left for ManU. First there was shock and then a sense of betrayal. I'm not sure it was 100% due to him going to Utd or just the fact that he had one great season and was off despite the loyalty shown by club/fans for the times he was injured.

In some sense I have to feel for the LFC supporters today as Suarez leaves but despite his actions and persistent efforts to get away from the club, they seem to have nothing but love for the guy. I even though his statement was a kick in the face with all the clichés etc. Do they not see how his actions make their club seem smaller and less significant - just like RVP did to us?

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'm not sure it was 100% due to him going to Utd or just the fact that he had one great season and was off despite the loyalty shown by club/fans for the times he was injured.

100% because he went to United.

I remember when RVP left for ManU. First there was shock and then a sense of betrayal. I'm not sure it was 100% due to him going to Utd or just the fact that he had one great season and was off despite the loyalty shown by club/fans for the times he was injured.

In some sense I have to feel for the LFC supporters today as Suarez leaves but despite his actions and persistent efforts to get away from the club, they seem to have nothing but love for the guy. I even though his statement was a kick in the face with all the clichés etc. Do they not see how his actions make their club seem smaller and less significant - just like RVP did to us?

I never felt bad about players leaving and always wished them well. It's football.
    I saw it all before i.e. Ray Kennedy to Liverpool, Frank Stapleton to United etc
    Arsenal will always attract good players too. Change is good.
    I used to feel very excited going to games when we were unveiling a new player. I was there for Malcolm McDonald's first game for Arsenal after coming from Newcastle and it was brilliant. For new players to come old ones have to go.

I feel excited now about these current arrivals even at my age and years of following Arsenal.
    That's what following our team does to you.

• Advertisement

I agree. i was really talking about the initial reaction to a player leaving. I shortly forgot about RVP as it's always Arsenal that's important.

I just feel that LFC fans seem to be blind to the real Suarez.

I mean if he was available to Arsenal would we have taken him - i think not

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I agree. i was really talking about the initial reaction to a player leaving. I shortly forgot about RVP as it's always Arsenal that's important.

Of course we would have signed him if he was available at the right price.....not remember 12 months ago????

I'm not so sure

I think Wenger thought he could tame him last year though and in fairness Rodgers gave it his best shot. Wenger would not have signed him in this current window. Suarez got his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

To be fair Suarez had an instant impact and has pretty been the reason Liverpool are still relevant. He's put in a tremendous shift for the past few years and helped a lot of their younger players come through and improve.

RVP, we stuck with him for years, through crippling injury, 6 years of pretty much no contribution. Then he has a season and a bit of performing and he immediately looks to greener pastures.

Suarez, in my eyes, earned his big money move. As bitter as it sounds RVP did not, and he didn't even have the common decency to feck off abroad, the prick went straight to our biggest rivals.

/mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Lifestlye have it in the bricks and mortar shop as do JD Sports. Long sleeves one is €70. Kids short sleeve for 6/7 is €50 which is scandalous, in my opinion.
    Really lightweight material but the Badge is not stiched on but an Iron on job

Yeah the kids "kits" are decent value at €48 but the max size is age 5-6. You're right the kids jersey at €50 is robbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

You always post sh!t that you need sound for! what did he say? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

He was asked will the P.L. miss Suarez and he said, well Liverpool will.

Sorry bud :D , just will the premier league miss him, and he just says liverpool will and laughs haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Interviewer - "So Aaron what do you think about Arsenal's newest signing?"

Ramsey - "Who cares about him.. Have you seen my Beard? Let's talk about that."

@RAF's comment

Haha good lad, that's what we like to see.

Thats how we would be if he was with us. People watch football first and formost for the sport and Suarez has been exceptional, sure he let them down once or twice but thats life he wasnt battering his wife or hitting young kids he has just half arsed bit people.

He has delivered for them where supporters really care abotu and thats on the pitch, once he crosses the white line he gives you everything he has. Life is short and you only get to see players like him a few times and when they are at your club (ala Bergkamp, Henry) its amazing and you will forgive them anything while there here

Soups123 wrote: »
    Thats how we would be if he was with us. People watch football first and formost for the sport and Suarez has been exceptional, sure he let them down once or twice but thats life he wasnt battering his wife or hitting young kids he has just half arsed bit people.

He has delivered for them where supporters really care abotu and thats on the pitch, once he crosses the white line he gives you everything he has. Life is short and you only get to see players like him a few times and when they are at your club (ala Bergkamp, Henry) its amazing and you will forgive them anything while there here

That is definitively true for 90% or so of fans. I for one would not welcome someone like that to my club, not even Suarez, i was delighted we didn't sign him last year, he's just scum, Racism,BITING,diving etc I can't stand that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads something has to be said for Wenger when it comes to this kind of stuff

Yes he has been shown to be tactically naive at times when it comes to playing the big boys, But i think that can be overlooked a little, I think all along hes known the key positions we've needed to sort, But for years I think we genuinly haven't had the money and now that we have look at whats happening

RB Sagnas leaving in the past we'd have dropped the responsibility on whoever was coming through e.g Jenks or Bellerin but now hes gone out and getting two players Debuchy and that Manquillo fella from spain ,

DM: We're looking at the likes of Khedira and Bender for this last year we brought in Flamini as a stop gap i think

LW: Ox was injured and missed the majority of the season , they thought about Draxler in the January but for whatever reason Wenger decided against it now we see why Alexis a true world class player is here

I think in finishing Arsene Wenger has been so key in getting the likes of Ozil and Sanchez to sign for us and im sure he'll be the 1st one to talk to Khedira too after he;s done winning the World Cup with Oz on Sunday

This is something i think United overlooked when signing a manager last summer when bringing in players they aimed high but I think ultimately Moyes had no pull at all , Every big name we've signed had muted Wenger as a big reason why screw what the tabloids in England say he has a massive name on the continent where it matters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

That is definitively true for 90% or so of fans. I for one would not welcome someone like that to my club, not even Suarez, i was delighted we didn't sign him last year, he's just scum, Racism,BITING,diving etc I can't stand that ****.

I wouldn't call him scum, like, Joey Barton-style scum. For someone to repeatedly bite another human being must have some underlying psychological issues. He's not right in the head.

I doubt Wenger could even tame him like he did with Vieira. Anyway, good riddance. Hopefully, Liverpool will struggle to replicate last season's form without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

If sanchez is to play right wing does this mean the start of the end for walcott at arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fair play to you. If he had been an Arsenal player through all that I would have supported him 100% and defended all his actions.

It's a bit like some of the Liverpool fans saying Sanchez is going to be a flop - there's no way they'd be saying that if he was going to the North West. Then again had he been, I may well have been saying the same thing. Blind when it comes to supporting Arsenal I suppose

Outside of biting over the years we have had plenty of players that would have been guilty of the other offences. Whilst he may have been racist (or not) he isnt the first in line, the introduction of social media and pitch communications has just made it a more high profile catch, it would have been rife in football in the 80/90/00's.

He is an amazong player and unless he commits some awful crime then what he does on the pitch dictates how much fans love him.

I wouldn't call him scum, like, Joey Barton-style scum. For someone to repeatedly bite another human being must have some underlying psychological issues. He's not right in the head.

I doubt Wenger could even tame him like he did with Vieira. Anyway, good riddance. Hopefully, Liverpool will struggle to replicate last season's form without him.

Psychological issues or not, it doesn't excuse his actions, murderers (now i know it's a drastic comparison but it's relevant) and rapist's etc have Psychological issues but that means **** all when someone is being killed or raped, Suarez bite's fellow professional's, that is simply unacceptable in any walk of life, the diving and **** can be "excused" because it's part of the game now apparently but don't know maybe i'm too harsh?
    greendom wrote: »
    Fair play to you. If he had been an Arsenal player through all that I would have supported him 100% and defended all his actions.

It's a bit like some of the Liverpool fans saying Sanchez is going to be a flop - there's no way they'd be saying that if he was going to the North West. Then again had he been, I may well have been saying the same thing. Blind when it comes to supporting Arsenal I suppose

That's something that doesn't affect me, if someone has a bad game, a bad year, or does something i don't like such as diving i'm not going to defend them or play dumb just because they play for Arsenal, i'm not saying i can't be biased as oppose to my favourite players but that's because i'm watching them week in week out desperate for them to do well and win. It's just passion, i loved RVP, now he's gone i don't.

We all have soft spot's for certain players but it's important not to be blinded by that.

Outside of biting over the years we have had plenty of players that would have been guilty of the other offences. Whilst he may have been racist (or not) he isnt the first in line, the introduction of social media and pitch communications has just made it a more high profile catch, it would have been rife in football in the 80/90/00's.

He is an amazong player and unless he commits some awful crime then what he does on the pitch dictates how much fans love him.

I have felt the same way about them. I'm not doubting his talent, it's his character that i can't stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Psychological issues or not, it doesn't excuse his actions, murderers (now i know it's a drastic comparison but it's relevant) and rapist's etc have Psychological issues but that means **** all when someone is being killed or raped, Suarez bite's fellow professional's, that is simply unacceptable in any walk of life, the diving and **** can be "excused" because it's part of the game now apparently but don't know maybe i'm too harsh?

That's something that doesn't affect me, if someone has a bad game, a bad year, or does something i don't like such as diving i'm not going to defend them or play dumb just because they play for Arsenal, i'm not saying i can't be biased as oppose to my favourite players but that's because i'm watching them week in week out desperate for them to do well and win. It's just passion, i loved RVP, now he's gone i don't.

We all have soft spot's for certain players but it's important not to be blinded by that.

I'll generally have a moan about a player during a game, if a defensive lapse leads to a goal or if someone misses a sitter, but in general I will support the player and defend them to the hilt. There are exceptions though

If sanchez is to play right wing does this mean the start of the end for walcott at arsenal?

Walcott can play LW.
    Remember the goal he got against Newcastle and the mazy dribble from the left.
    Walcott has often switched wings during a game.

Just start Ox, Walcott and Sanchez and let them roam all over the place all game. Nightmare for defenders

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I'll generally have a moan about a player during a game, if a defensive lapse leads to a goal or if someone misses a sitter, but in general I will support the player and defend them to the hilt. There are exceptions though

I often do that too during a game. I will blame when its due and credit when it's due.
    However on other team's forums I will always defend our lads.

I have felt the same way about them. I'm not doubting his talent, it's his character that i can't stand.

So you disliked Pires, Henry, Veira, Wilshire and many more? I don't believe that

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just start Ox, Walcott and Sanchez and let them roam all over the place all game. Nightmare for defenders

Wenger won't go with those 3 :( he'll play Giroud and leave out OX, i think Sanchez,Giroud,Walcott will be good for some games but i would LOVE to see those 3 guys run riot.

Na, for me we need Giroud in the middle. Gives us much better options if the opposition parks the bus.

And with Sanchez and Walcott in the team I think most defensive lines will be very deep :cool:

So you disliked Pires, Henry, Veira, Wilshire and many more? I don't believe that

There character's yes, Henry not so much because i grew up watching him and didn't really understand when players where dishonest, plus he really wasn't that bad, he was just up his own arse, and rightfully so.

Pires? what did he ever do? apart from being clearly fouled against Portsmouth :D

Wilshere i'm genuienly at a loss for, what has he done?

Viera, i despise him, love him as a player, but his character, no thanks.

There character's yes, Henry not so much because i grew up watching him and didn't really understand when players where dishonest, plus he really wasn't that bad, he was just up his own arse, and rightfully so.

Pires? what did he ever do? apart from being clearly fouled against Portsmouth :D

You mean apart from being one of the best wingers the BPL ever seen?

• Advertisement

Ha ha and you say you arent blind to your own club.

I rest my case your honour.

ps. shame on you disliking Viera

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You mean apart from being one of the best wingers the BPL ever seen?

I mean as in what did he ever do wrong? i was saying anything bad about bobby!

Ha ha and you say you arent blind to your own club.

I rest my case your honour.

ps. shame on you disliking Viera

No really, fill me in on Wilshere?

I mean as in what did he ever do wrong? i was saying anything bad about bobby!

... Good :mad:

:pac:

No really, fill me in on Wilshere?

We all know what Wilshire does but I wont type it because it could be used against me in a match thread for denying it happens :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement