Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Soups123 wrote: »
    We all know what Wilshire does but I wont type it because it could be used against me in a match thread for denying it happens :)

Well until you can prove he's done anything wrong i like him! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There character's yes, Henry not so much because i grew up watching him and didn't really understand when players where dishonest, plus he really wasn't that bad, he was just up his own arse, and rightfully so.

Pires? what did he ever do? apart from being clearly fouled against Portsmouth :D

Wilshere i'm genuienly at a loss for, what has he done?

Viera, i despise him, love him as a player, but his character, no thanks.

I'm at a loss as to why you would despise Vieira ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sanchez' woman, Ludivine is well replaced anyways!
    BsR1fZVIUAAVZSD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

So Phil impartial Thompson thinks Sanchez has made a big mistake joining us over Liverpool.

Whilst I'm not in the least surprised by his comments I still want to slap him. Why do sky persist with such bias "pundits".

I suppose i should laugh it off but the man just infuriates me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

omega man wrote: »
    So Phil impartial Thompson thinks Sanchez has made a big mistake joining us over Liverpool.

Whilst I'm not in the least surprised by his comments I still want to slap him. Why do sky persist with such bias "pundits".

Thompson made the mistake though. Telling everyone who would listen that Sanchez was joining Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Raf32 wrote: »
    Sanchez' woman, Ludivine is well replaced anyways!
    BsR1fZVIUAAVZSD.jpg

Is that his missus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just read it..."Sanchez doesn’t know what he’s missing by not joining Liverpool. The passion, power and worldwide recognition of Liverpool is strong." The delusion and bitterness is strong more like :D

Is that his missus?

Yup it is, shes top stuff!

Yup it is, shes top stuff!

Might need some more pics before I make an informed decision!

WheckNB.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement

Might need some more pics before I make an informed decision!

Theres her instagram, shes quality.
    http://instagram.com/laiyls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

I never felt bad about players leaving and always wished them well. It's football.
    I saw it all before i.e. Ray Kennedy to Liverpool, Frank Stapleton to United etc
    Arsenal will always attract good players too. Change is good.
    I used to feel very excited going to games when we were unveiling a new player. I was there for Malcolm McDonald's first game for Arsenal after coming from Newcastle and it was brilliant. For new players to come old ones have to go.

I feel excited now about these current arrivals even at my age and years of following Arsenal.
    That's what following our team does to you.

Have a vague recollection of attending a first game of the season defeat against Carlisle, was this SuperMac's debut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Have a vague recollection of attending a first game of the season defeat against Carlisle, was this SuperMac's debut?

Can't remember who we were playing but it was 1975 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

shes a ball of sex !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

There character's yes, Henry not so much because i grew up watching him and didn't really understand when players where dishonest, plus he really wasn't that bad, he was just up his own arse, and rightfully so.

Pires? what did he ever do? apart from being clearly fouled against Portsmouth :D

Wilshere i'm genuienly at a loss for, what has he done?

Viera, i despise him, love him as a player, but his character, no thanks.

Sorry man but some serious bias in there ;), you gave out stink about Suarez for diving. Pires whilst I loved him was a serial diver and always afraid to put the foot in if there was a 50/50 you were sure Pires wasn't going all in.

On morals of were taking the high ground over Suarez biting what about Adams who in my eyes is a legend but drank drove and crashed his car doing so putting his own life and plenty of other at risk should would you view him in the same way?

Suarez is a bit of gobshiite but had he of played for Arsenal I'm sure most would have enjoyed watching him regardless of biting.

Viera I'm at a loss as to why you would despise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Walcott can play LW.
    Remember the goal he got against Newcastle and the mazy dribble from the left.
    Walcott has often switched wings during a game.

Agreed Tayto. Been beating that drum for a while now. He played there against city last season and got a wonder goal and we played our best football in his period there.

It suits his finishing better too. More of the goal to aim at and cutting in. With his pace he his nightmare anywhere for a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Viera I'm at a loss as to why you would despise him.

To be fair Viera did do some awful stuff!
    Sure remember what he did to Anelka? :pac:

“My career at Arsenal was going from strength to strength until the day I crossed Vieira, who was better known in the Arsenal dressing room as ‘Le Long.’ I was playing against Fulham at Highbury and I remember receiving a ball from Bergkamp, then rounding the keeper with ease and, with the goal wide open, somehow managing to screw the ball wide at the last minute. It only happened because the sun was in my eyes. It wasn’t my fault! Anyway Vieira gave me a glare and I knew I was in trouble, afterwards in the showers he tore into me and I just snapped, I knew I shouldn’t have, but I called him a ‘lanky limbed boombaclart.’

At first he just stared at me with his hollow eyes. Then…..WHAM!

Just like that he slapped me across the face with his penis. Just once. But it knocked me back a few steps. It was like being struck by a wet kipper. No one could believe what they saw! Can you imagine how embarrassing it is to be smacked across the face with a 14″ pork sword in front of your team mates? It was the worst moment of my life. No one said anything for what seemed like an eternity, the silence was only broken when Ashley Cole asked “Is it my turn?” It was then I knew I had to leave. When Wenger found out what he’d done he merely high fived him and shouted “And that’s why he’s the captain. POW! Look at that thing!”

Anelka’s book reveals how he only regained his confidence eventually playing alongside Paul Dickov at Manchester City. “He could fit it in a polo.” Anelka reveals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Saw pics of Arteta the other day all ripped looking and thought great he's working on upper body strength to make himself a better player now I realise it's because he saw how tight the new kit is.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    To be fair Viera did do some awful stuff!
    Sure remember what he did to Anelka? :pac:

Read that quote, rubbed eyes, re read it, formed a mental image and now I'm scarred for life (although not as much as Nic!) thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

I gotta say I'm really glad to see we've signed a top quality replacement for Sagna's missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is that Vieira story true i've heard it before but it seems to farcial to be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

just in from work there , heard sanchez has signed is it 100% ?!?? went back a few pages on this but cant tell someone reply ASAP !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Any update on Remy? Last I heard there was a rumour his wage demands were too high for us

pudzey101 wrote: »
    just in from work there , heard sanchez has signed is it 100% ?!?? went back a few pages on this but cant tell someone reply ASAP !!!!

Yes it's a done deal. This happened 24 hours ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Yes it's a done deal. This happened 24 hours ago!

im waaayyy behind !! 24 hours !! jesus

• Advertisement

pudzey101 wrote: »
    im waaayyy behind !! 24 hours !! jesus

Hey we're spending big now, anything can happen in a short space of time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I know it isnt how it's intended, but I always assume Cole wanted Vieira to hit him next!
    Any update on Remy? Last I heard there was a rumour his wage demands were too high for us

He still isnt good enough :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I know it isnt how it's intended, but I always assume Cole wanted Vieira to hit him next!

He still isnt good enough :pac:

I know this has been covered to death, but i think he's a good alternate to Giroud. Seems to be the only striker we are heavily linked with right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

With Wenger saying previously that he sees Wilshere being more of a deep lying playmaker in the future could there be a move to a 4-3-3 system ala Germany. Especially with the supposed interest in Khedira who is more of a box to box dynamic midfielder than a defensive midfielder.
    Wilshere
    Khedira Ramsey

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

shano_88 wrote: »
    With Wenger saying previously that he sees Wilshere being more of a deep lying playmaker in the future could there be a move to a 4-3-3 system ala Germany. Especially with the supposed interest in Khedira who is more of a box to box dynamic midfielder than a defensive midfielder.
    Wilshere
    Khedira Ramsey

and what Drop Ozil? surely if you played such a formation Walcott and Alexis would have to play to provide width and Giroud up top so no room for Ozil let alone Cazorla who will already be on the bench.

If Arsenal sign a DM, lets say Khedira I could only imagine (in the big games atleast when folk aint rotated) Arsenal to line up like this

....................Ramsey......Khedira

...............................Ozil

....Walcott..................................Sanchez
    .............................Giroud

scary depth at Arsenal too if they sign a DM

Wilshere sub and rotated in smaller games for Ramsey
    Flamini with Khedira
    Arteta with both Ramsey and Khedira
    Cazorla with both Ozil and the wing slots
    Rosický with Ozil
    Oxlade-Chamberlain with the wings and occasionally central
    Podolski with the wingers or Giroud
    Campbell with the wingers or Giroud
    Sanchez could switch wings or cover / join Giroud
    Gnabry extra depth on the wing
    Diaby extra depth in CM
    Sanogo extra CF depth

reckon any of these will leave?

Cazorla, then Podolski would have to be the more likely of any there, maybe Campbell too but if not a loan to a Prem team he should get till January to prove himself while Sanogo actually could use a loan, maybe Gnarby too if Cazorla stayed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think people need to calm expectations on Sanchez a bit.

He can't be expected to match his Barca stats straight away and he's probably not alone to bridge the gap between us and the leagues summit.

What he is though is the very best possible player we could get for a position that needs filling. Debuchy is also.

And I think with that attitude towards transfers, it's only a matter of time.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 39m
    Spoke to agent. Arsenal in advanced talks with Sami Khedira. **** me, they're getting serious.

Looks like Khedira could be a goer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

and what Drop Ozil? surely if you played such a formation Walcott and Alexis would have to play to provide width and Giroud up top so no room for Ozil let alone Cazorla who will already be on the bench.

If Arsenal sign a DM, lets say Khedira I could only imagine (in the big games atleast when folk aint rotated) Arsenal to line up like this

....................Ramsey......Khedira

...............................Ozil

....Walcott..................................Sanchez
    .............................Giroud

Its a fair point re: Ozil. Just thinking about how Wilshere could fit into the team.

We are not signing Khedira as well lads.

We need a young,injury-prone, cheap french fella from the lower leagues! Have yis not learned anything?!

Philippe Auclair has said our interest in Khedira "looks serious". It's going to be an interesting few weeks :)

Solid DM, upgraded striker and defensive cover. If we sign that and don't win the league then questions need to be asked of the manager. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

keep-calm-and-be-afraid-be-very-afraid.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

More paper talk today about Khedira and Bender, although Chelsea also seem keen on Khedira don't fancy getting in on a bidding war with Chelsea although it looks like Khedira has fairly high wage demands. They way things are moving I reckon we will have a DM signed in the next week or 10 days and certainly will have a RB done in that time too. Beyond that a GK could happen at any time too although that might drag a bit longer, Im not convinced of rumors of us signing a striker but thats okay if we make these 4 (inc. Sanchez)without losing anyone going into the new season I would be fairly confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

salmocab wrote: »
    More paper talk today about Khedira and Bender, although Chelsea also seem keen on Khedira don't fancy getting in on a bidding war with Chelsea although it looks like Khedira has fairly high wage demands. They way things are moving I reckon we will have a DM signed in the next week or 10 days and certainly will have a RB done in that time too. Beyond that a GK could happen at any time too although that might drag a bit longer, Im not convinced of rumors of us signing a striker but thats okay if we make these 4 (inc. Sanchez)without losing anyone going into the new season I would be fairly confident.

One advantage with Khedira is that he has a very good understanding with Ozil. Ozil can be a bit unpredictable in the way he drifts around the pitch (watch how his German team mates in the World Cup frequently by-pass him even though he ends up in space in some brilliant positions on that left hand side) but Khedira seems to be always aware of where he is.

Bender I don't know much about. Stats suggest his passing wouldn't be as good, but then he's playing in a side much more direct than the alternative targets so you probably can't read too much into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28243287

Bizarre comments on Ozil. They essentially spend a paragraph slating and doubting him, then in their 'did you know?' section they mention, as though it's completely irrelevant, that he has created more chances than any other German at this tournament.

Is that not obviously the reason he is in the team then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The media hate Ozil, I think its because him signing for Arsenal meant they couldn't continue with their Wenger won't spend AFC no ambition campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    I think people need to calm expectations on Sanchez a bit.

He can't be expected to match his Barca stats straight away and he's probably not alone to bridge the gap between us and the leagues summit.

What he is though is the very best possible player we could get for a position that needs filling. Debuchy is also.

And I think with that attitude towards transfers, it's only a matter of time.

Bah! For some reason I got all rational before bed last night.

Then this morning I read that Sanchez has a 30% conversion rate from Barca. :eek:

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/07/arsenal-sign-sanchez-by-the-numbers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

salmocab wrote: »
    The media hate Ozil, I think its because him signing for Arsenal meant they couldn't continue with their Wenger won't spend AFC no ambition campaign.

Nah, it's nothing so deliberate. The majority of pundits and journalists alike come from a different era, a lot of them find this possession-based space maximizing approach of the more modern players like Ozil incomprehensible, primarily because it means all the running is done off the ball when the cameras are on someone else.

It's a bit like when Busquets broke on the scene. Most people didn't notice what he did and thought he was ****. But then people started compiling videos together of his interceptions and passing. Slowly then people began to realize how important his movement and one-touch passing game was to Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28243287

Bizarre comments on Ozil. They essentially spend a paragraph slating and doubting him, then in their 'did you know?' section they mention, as though it's completely irrelevant, that he has created more chances than any other German at this tournament.

Is that not obviously the reason he is in the team then?

LOL
    Did you know? No Germany player has created more chances for his team-mates at this tournament than Ozil (15).

Really feels like the end of an era and the start of a new one. Even Arsenes words at the end of this video sums it all up. The good times are coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

+1

and they doesn't look that skinny either.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement