Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I know it's all wild speculation at the moment, but keep Giroud and sign both Balotelli and Dr. Mic we could potentially have options up front to rival any team in the league.

They paid 20 million euros for him , their finances are apparently not great.

What bid would they find hard to turn down?

40 million euros maybe (33 million pounds).

Good deal for both sides I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I remember someone saying that Puma sponsor Balotelli as well so if we were to go for him they'd chip in and help us out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I think £30M would be enough.
    Milan are in a bad way and without Champions league football they need to make money somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I think £30M would be enough.
    Milan are in a bad way and without Champions league football they need to make money somehow.

Yes they are about 250 million Euros in debt

http://acmilanfinance.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/debt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think they would take £25m up front, something most teams cant afford to do. Most transfers are done in installments which is why they hold out for larger fee's. £25m up front would be very hard for them to turn down.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think they would take £25m up front, something most teams cant afford to do. Most transfers are done in installments which is why they hold out for larger fee's. £25m up front would be very hard for them to turn down.

Ah come on now. £25m +£1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The match thread just in case anyone missed it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057192826

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Remember Mourinho when Chelsea got a series of Mike Dean decisions V Arsenal? "They like to cry - that’s tradition."

Seen a journalist tweet this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Reports were going to try get Chris Smalling for circa £13m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Drmic, Smalling... hopefully we get linked to some big names soon! Nothing wrong with Drmic as a back-up (with Giroud as another back-up) but if Chelsea get Costa then you might looking at the following leading the top 4 clubs: Suarez, Costa, Aguero and eh... Drmic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Smalling?? Where is that talk coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Poor old Frimpong - in the news for this kind of sh1te the last few years more than his football. Deeeeench!

BlqFaUuIEAA-tQy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

wonga77 wrote: »
    Smalling?? Where is that talk coming from?

Star on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Id be happy with smalling, good player. Can't see why United would sell him though with vidic going and ferdinand in the way out

Mostafa Solèr ‏@SolerMostafa
    Haha brilliant 😂 @SheWore pic.twitter.com/dDeCvqIshH

BlqbWTLIIAAFAg-.jpg

• Advertisement

Ozil and Ramsey in the same team again

Yes yes yes yes

Ozil and Ramsey in the same team again

Yes yes yes yes

Probably our strongest team since new years it could be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ozil just different gravy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ramsey, how we have missed him, see the running he did for the second goal. Bust a gut to get into the box to receive the ball.

Ramsey is world class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Surely Wenger will know to rotate Ozil and Rambo more now against the weaker opposition. Arsenal look totally different when they're on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If Podolski leaves in the summer the club has failed him. He is a fantastic player, a brilliant committed professional player and the club has rarely given him a chance to show how good he is.

I really hope he doesn't leave.

If Arsenal win the FA Cup, 7th place in the Premiership becomes another Europa League spot, so either Spurs or Man Utd fans will be cheering on Arsenal during the final.

I was wrong about this: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/
    In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

So, who would we prefer to be in the Europa League: Man Utd or Spurs? If United fail to win today, chances of Europe next season will be dim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Quazzie wrote: »
    If Podolski leaves in the summer the club has failed him. He is a fantastic player, a brilliant committed professional player and the club has rarely given him a chance to show how good he is.

I really hope he doesn't leave.

He's been a liability at times, can tend to be very peripheral. A few good games doesn't make that statement false.

I do hope we holds onto him though, he's a very good option to have and can be lethal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think united will be happy to not qualify for it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think united will be happy to not qualify for it tbh.

no doubt in my mind that no european football has been a good thing for liverpool this season. If we failed for 4th and got 5th i'd be torn between wanting us to win the Europa league and wanting us to disregard it completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Prefer Spurs to 'miss out' than United. United without any European distraction will be contenders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

For the amount of games that Sanogo has played, he's got a huge amount of air kicks to his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Hair still perfect :pac:

BlrGRCcIMAAITbr.jpg

Was some of the best football I've seen us play for quite a while.
    Keep this up until the end of the season and we will be a happy set of fans.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dvemail wrote: »
    Was some of the best football I've seen us play for quite a while.
    Keep this up until the end of the season and we will be a happy set of fans.

Well, relatively...

CatInABox wrote: »
    Well, relatively...

Well I will be anyways. Life is too short to be worrying about the what ifs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I do like that single point gap between us and City. Need them and Chelsea to crumble a bit more now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Good win again today, although I did find it a bit frustrating towards the end. We could easily have put 5 past Hull today and we didn't. Given we now have the same goal difference as Everton, the extra few goals could have been handy. It would also have been nice to see Poldi get his hat trick and Sanago to get a goal as well, but we were happier to just pas it around at the back.

I reckon that is why Suarez/Liverpool have such a good goal scoring record this year. Apart from being able to take the chances, once Liverpool see that a team are there for the taking the go out and try to put as many goals past them as possible. On the other hand we are usually just happy putting one or two past the same team and sitting back, which has almost cost us a few times this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

So great to have Ramsey and Ozil back playing again.

This is such an odd feeling to have after an Arsenal game - relaxed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think that's our biggest league win this season.
    Only 3 goal margin I can recall.
    I could be wrong.

I could be wrong.

Norwich at home i think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I could be wrong.

Norwich, Sunderland, Cardiff.

I think this is the first time I've ever wanted Utd to beat Everton.

• Advertisement

Arteta isn't smiling for some reason. :D

10hjf5x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Very oddly, we had 0 corners. Still dominated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Everton are too good for United. Cant see them losing sadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Everton are too good for United. Cant see them losing sadly

Thank God for Palace !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It still pains me to think that we only took one point out of six from United. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

It still pains me to think that we only took one point out of six from United. :mad:

They really were there for the taking both times. They have a 'thing' over us though. :(

• Advertisement

Arsenal's last 4 goals: Ramsey assist, Ramsey goal, Ramsey assist, Poldi rebound after Ramsey shot. He's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone who says no to Balotelli is as mad as a box of spiders.

Or Balotelli himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Moyes has let United fans down all season. But today he's let us down too. Shame on you moyes. Shame on you.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Moyes has let United fans down all season. But today he's let us down too. Shame on you moyes. Shame on you.

Need City to get a result there big time to relieve the pressure.

With Newcastle's form, I'm not too worried about next weekend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement