Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dvemail wrote: »
    Need City to get a result there big time to relieve the pressure.

I dunno, if they beat City it makes third more likely for us. Let Everton drop points elsewhere. I'm pretty confident we'll win our 3 games now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Great to see Ozil and Ramsey back today and the Arsenal side of 2013 :), played some nice football Podolski has to be kept this summer ok maybe not start every game but a player who is as clinical as he is should always fight tooth and nail to hold onto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

With Newcastle's form, I'm not too worried about next weekend.

Don't think like that, knowing Padrew and his dislike for us, he be out to get his team back on track agaisn't us. Since selling Cabaye they really have hit rock bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lads we should all meet up watch the match in a pub FA Cup final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Well the mercantile in Dublin will be full of gooners for the final. Plan on heading in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

We are in for a tough few weeks now to get 4th spot. Everton right behind us, and I thought that United would give them a bit of difficulty. Was very pleased with the result today. Well done Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    We are in for a tough few weeks now to get 4th spot. Everton right behind us, and I thought that United would give them a bit of difficulty. Was very pleased with the result today. Well done Arsenal.

better them behind us than us behind them.
    Didn't see the game, just watched the goals.
    Looks like Ramsey was involved in all 3 and Özil in the first 2, right?
    Feeling much more comfortable with these two back in. And it also sends a message for the cup final (though we can come back on this in due time).

Also, regardless of his rather mediocre performance all year long, I will like Podolski to stay. He is such a clinical finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Looper007 wrote: »
    Don't think like that, knowing Padrew and his dislike for us, he be out to get his team back on track agaisn't us. Since selling Cabaye they really have hit rock bottom.

It will be the easiest 3 points you'll get this season.

I can't put into words just how awful we are right now. Relegation fodder for next season if things remain the way they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thought united would get us something today but more fool me, they are rubbish. Wouldnt be surprised if they did a leeds in the next few years if moyes stays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »
    Thought united would get us something today but more fool me, they are rubbish. Wouldnt be surprised if they did a leeds in the next few years if moyes stays.

Their finances are in a far better shape than Leeds were. But they will find the acquisition of the type of player they need to be contenders difficult without Champions League football to lure them with.

greendom wrote: »
    Their finances are in a far better shape than Leeds were. But they will find the acquisition of the type of player they need to be contenders difficult without Champions League football to lure them with.

Seems like their gonna spend stupid money this summer though and the Glaziers have them in a hole, i really wouldnt be shocked. Nothing in football surprises me anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bit of a toothless performance from Arteta there.

imG9yVDd5t2B4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Why are allot of people in here so keen on Ballotelli?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Why are allot of people in here so keen on Ballotelli?

Proven goal scorer, young, potentially world class in a few seasons and also could actually be gettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Proven goal scorer, young, potentially world class in a few seasons and also could actually be gettable.

True who else is possible, maybe offer Costa a much bigger salary then Chelsea?

Not likely.

True who else is possible, maybe offer Costa a much bigger salary then Chelsea?

Not likely.

That's the trouble, with Chelsea after Costa he's not an option anymore imo. If we go after him we'll probably miss out and it would be last summer all over again where Suarez turned our heads when we should have been sealing the deal with Higuain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

That's the trouble, with Chelsea after Costa he's not an option anymore imo. If we go after him we'll probably miss out and it would be last summer all over again where Suarez turned our heads when we should have been sealing the deal with Higuain.

Offer him Rooney money and we'd get him, not sure he'd be worth it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Its great to have Ramsey and Ozil back. They make such a difference to the attack, its like watching a different team to the one weve been watching for most of this year.

For next season we need to have more players around them to help them with the attack and fill in when they are rested because rotation is the key to having a strong team for the run in imo.

1. Hopefully Wilshere can push on next season and learn from Ramseys progression this year.

2. Sign someone in the Bender mold who has plenty of legs to play alongside Ramsey in midfield.

3. More pace from the wide areas. Hopefully Walcott can recover fully from his injury but I hope were not relying on him for pace next year.

4. I think we need to look at the full back slots and improve on the players we have from an attacking sense. Watching Coleman and Baines for Everton today and they were brilliant, such an attacking threat. If Sagna leaves, we should be looking for someone who can provide us with this threat imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

imG9yVDd5t2B4.gif

I love Mesut Ozil, there I said it!

wawaman wrote: »
    I love Mesut Ozil, there I said it!

i think after a while him and rambo are gonna eliminate all the love i have left for cesc :pac:

i think after a while him and rambo are gonna eliminate all the love i have left for cesc :pac:

With all the stories that the Barcelona fans want him out, would you take him back if we had first option?

With all the stories that the Barcelona fans want him out, would you take him back if we had first option?

Every day of the week i just dont know where we would play him wbu?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think that's our biggest league win this season.
    Only 3 goal margin I can recall.
    I could be wrong.

Your such a lazy auld bollix you could have just googled that to be sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wonder where all the limerick Arsenal fans will be the day of the cup final fancy heading out for it

Every day of the week i just dont know where we would play him wbu?

It proves the grass wasn't greener for him at "home", I'd have him back as this season has proven you can never have a strong enough midfield. I think we could get him as we'll if we really wanted but I'd rather spend the €30m plus it would take to get him on a striker though

It proves the grass wasn't greener for him at "home", I'd have him back as this season has proven you can never have a strong enough midfield. I think we could get him as we'll if we really wanted but I'd rather spend the €30m plus it would take to get him on a striker though

Yup think we were his real home after all tbh. Can you imagine a midfield of him, ramsey and Ozil just infront of that? Strikers wet dream. Ya think he could sit in the Xavi role with Ramsey doing box to box? With Ozil as the #10 or is that way too attacking?

Yup think we were his real home after all tbh. Can you imagine a midfield of him, ramsey and Ozil just infront of that? Strikers wet dream. Ya think he could sit in the Xavi role with Ramsey doing box to box? With Ozil as the #10 or is that way too attacking?

Ha ha we would really need a Gilberto clone playing in that team

Probably. Sure would be exciting though!

Id take him back in a flash though. You cant have enough world class players.

• Advertisement

Take fabs back and rotate with Santi.

I would love to see him back at the club.

Just couldnt say no to world class players, think we could get him for 25 million as well. He is a winner too, can never have enough of those. One of a handful of a handful of arsenal players in recent years i actually trust and believe if they turn up we will win.

Booed as he comes on there, Barca fans are so ungrateful.

Aparently theres only 30k there tonight aswell. More than a club alright.

Some "home" he moved back to.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Aparently theres only 30k there tonight aswell. More than a club alright.

Glory hunters. One team i really dont mind seeing the collapse of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AND Cesc has goals in him.
    Right Arsene just go and bring him home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

With their transfer embargo though, doubt we can get him?

I remember that GeoffArsenal saying last summer that we would have a great chance this summer if this year didnt go well for him. Its gone worse than that and with his child in London, its so a logical move. Wengers favourite player imo

liam7831 wrote: »

They have already appealed it and I can see it being overturned to a fine or something like that.

But obviously if it isnt, Cesc is going no where.

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »

Thought it was only players in? Unlikely to sell if they can't replace though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Where would Fabregas fit? I'd like him as much as the next person but if he's our big name signing instead of a striker or DM I won't be too happy!

He could always go on strike...

:pac:

I'd love him back. If he ended up at United it would finish me.

Where would Fabregas fit? I'd like him as much as the next person but if he's our big name signing instead of a striker or DM I won't be too happy!
    Cesc Bender
    Walcott Ramsey Ozil
    Balotelli

:pac:

I know its terrible to say but if him and a top striker was brought in i could get over not bringing in a DM. Let him sit and rambos engine and we should be ok. Fabregas not afraid to throw a tackle in either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cesc would be nice for you guys but if you were to take a Barca player I'd have to say take Pedro and Busquets.

You badly need a DM and a Pedro type player along with Theo would give ye ferocious pace. Currently if theo get's injured ye're pace on the counter and in attack in general gets hampered greatly and teams can afford to play a higher line against ye and compress the midfield.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'd love him back. If he ended up at United it would finish me.

Fabregas to Van Persie....:(

Fabregas to Van Persie....:(

Nightmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Thought it was only players in? Unlikely to sell if they can't replace though.

Ya u could be right there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement