Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

With Klopp seemingly not available this summer, I'm not sure who else would be really suitable except maybe Martinez who is also unlikely to leave after only one season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

According to this Moyes is not entitled to the full terms of his contract! Also the decision to sack him was made in February.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-moyes-to-be-sacked-manager-waits-for-ruthless-sacking-but-manchester-uniteds-decision-was-made-in-february-9273567.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

With Klopp seemingly not available this summer, I'm not sure who else would be really suitable except maybe Martinez who is also unlikely to leave after only one season.

If wenger does go (I'd still like him to stay 2 more years)

I'm firmly in the de boer camp with Dennis as his number 2

They have done great things at Ajax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

If wenger does go (I'd still like him to stay 2 more years)

I'm firmly in the de boer camp with Dennis as his number 2

They have done great things at Ajax

And they have just lost a cup final to inferior opposition !! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

wawaman wrote: »

Suits the Arsenal mentality then.......

wawaman wrote: »

Tailor made for us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If its this season Low or Garcia for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Raf32 wrote: »

We could see the legendary Gervinho return if it's Garcia :pac:

We could see the legendary Gervinho return if it's Garcia :pac:

Gets the best out of him though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Well thats me convinced, Gervinho for manager!

Wait what?

• Advertisement

Yeah I just remembered Garcia after posting earlier. Think he could be good. Again though he's only been at Roma a year.

Got to be a great football brain in there :pac:

gerv.jpg?w=479

Yeah I just remembered Garcia after posting earlier. Think he could be good. Again though he's only been at Roma a year.

Did very well at Lille too. Definitely think he could be a good option of Wenger does two more years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got to be a great football brain in there :pac:

gerv.jpg?w=479

or a massive tumor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jaysus lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

TBF selling Gervinho turned out to be a mistake. Not because he was all that great but we went about 3 months without a single fit winger and the entire season without a back up striker, which he could have covered. He was brilliant at stretching defences too, great movement and workrate. Pity about the rest.

Whenever wenger goes we need one of the new breed of managers, young hungry and dynamic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Low would be a good choice and we have half his squad already!

Still feel Martinez would be great, tactically acute, energetic, has won silverware, plays a good brand, handles himself and his clubs really well and has a good eye for the transfer market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd be very wary of the Martinez hype, could easily go the way of Steve Clarke when he loses Lukaku.

• Advertisement

Where's it coming from that Klopp is unavailable?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Supposed quote regarding the United job:
    "Manchester United is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans," he told the newspaper, "but my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Head spud, Sherwood

As well as the quotes from Klopp himself, several respected journalists are pretty adamant that he's not going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

As well as the quotes from Klopp himself, several respected journalists are pretty adamant that he's not going anywhere.

Taking that job would be a nightmare...I doubt that poor Moyes will ever recover from it. I posted in the past that United want a doppelgänger for Ferguson, and nothing short. No manager that I can see will live up to that, in a short period of time.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Taking that job would be a nightmare...I doubt that poor Moyes will ever recover from it. I posted in the past that United want a doppelgänger for Ferguson, and nothing short. No manager that I can see will live up to that, in a short period of time.

Carlo Ancelotti could give them it. Hoping he isnt given the boot in the summer but Madrid are nuts with managers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Carlo Ancelotti could give them it. Hoping he isnt given the boot in the summer but Madrid are nuts with managers.

I a sure they will get the manager they deserve. One that will fill all expectations in 5 minutes, lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Pep - he'd take it

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Pep - he'd take it

Controversial here but he only takes the easy jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Klopp signed a contract in October to keep him at dortmund till 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

As much as I think it's probably time for Wenger to move on, if Klopp is unattainable then I'm not really sure who else to get? Going for Martinez is a big gamble for me, although it has worked for Pool with Rodgers.

• Advertisement

Best solution is Wenger does two more years, wins the league and goes out on a high. Then Klopp ,Martinez, De Beor, Garcia and Low will all be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Best solution is Wenger does two more years, wins the league and goes out on a high. Then Klopp ,Martinez, De Beor, Garcia and Low will all be available.

Jeez Raf I know Wenger is a legend but I dont think we will need all 5.
    It would cost a fricking fortune also. :pac:

Is there much point in losing Wenger if the right man for the job isn't available?

If I was to pick then I'd say Klopp of stay with Arsene.

ronjo wrote: »
    Jeez Raf I know Wenger is a legend but I dont think we will need all 5.
    It would cost a fricking fortune also. :pac:

He prob is doing 5 different jobs anyways so one for all them!haha

Is there much point in losing Wenger if the right man for the job isn't available?

Agreed with this, give the others time to prove their worth. No one better available than Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Klopp won't be available for 4 years, his contact is till 2018, and he doesn't break them apparently.

Am thinking the same myself.
    Klopp is about the only one I would want to come in this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What about this scenario --

1. Wenger to United.

2. Martinez to Arsenal.

3.Moyes back to Everton.

Ha ha just kidding.

Klopp won't be available for 4 years, his contact is till 2018, and he doesn't break them apparently.

Football is a mad world, could be sacked for all we know! :pac:

What about this scenario --

1. Wenger to United.

2. Martinez to Arsenal.

3.Moyes back to Everton.

Ha ha just kidding.

4. Tayto to say nothing negative until the end of the season :D

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »
    Am thinking the same myself.
    Klopp is about the only one I would want to come in this summer.

Wenger is the man. Whats up with his contract? Is it up in the summer?

Nothing worse than a manager who wont fcuk off :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Controversial here but he only takes the easy jobs.

This all day long imo, a lot of managers wont want to touch Manchester United at the moment imo. There in need of a serious rebuilding United need a young hungry manager who is up for a long term re building.

Whether United see it that way or have the patience for it is another thing. Because there squad is shiit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm surprised that Liverpool fan hasn't come in to congratulate Arsene for his brilliant service as manager and to wish him all the best in the future!

Utd will get van gaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Utd will get van gaal

There more than welcome to him :), if he was linked with Arsenal I wouldn't be over enthusiastic about it.

Just reading Wenger has said Diaby is ready to play now again just needs match sharpness is anyone else afraid Wenger will ue this or see this as a reason not to replace Arteta?

There more than welcome to him :), if he was linked with Arsenal I wouldn't be over enthusiastic about it.

Just reading Wenger has said Diaby is ready to play now again just needs match sharpness is anyone else afraid Wenger will ue this or see this as a reason not to replace Arteta?

Arteta will be replaced I'm sure we will go for bender

The only way we won't is if cesc becomes avaible, wenger won't let him go anywhere else, he practically said as much last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Utd will get van gaal

Better than Moyes is fairness but always the potential there that he will fall out with a load of his own players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It would be awful negilence on his part if that were the case, knowing full well of Diaby's potential to get injured. While it would be great to have Diaby back, we could not rely on him without having a suitable replacement in case of injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

De Boer I think would be the idea replacement for Wenger. I expect Arsenal to still be stingy on spending big in the transfer market. Garcia wouldn't be a bad one either, or the current manager of Atletic Bilbao (no hope in ever spelling that)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement