Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

It would be awful negilence on his part if that were the case, knowing full well of Diaby's potential to get injured. While it would be great to have Diaby back, we could not rely on him without having a suitable replacement in case of injury for when he 'll get injured.

There, corrected for you! :)

Diaby would be an amazing back up to the first team squad, but not reliable enough to be deemed first team worthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What'ts Low's contract situation anyone know?

ETA: Contract finishes this year, presumably after the World Cup? Signed a two year extension in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Don't know if you guys knew but arsenal have a youtube channel now https://www.youtube.com/user/ArsenalTour they uploaded some access arsenal videos today which were good. It would be nice if they did what man city do with the inside city and tunnel cams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What'ts Low's contract situation anyone know?

He'll be gone if they don't win the world cup id think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Don't know about taking Cesc back - think we have to move on now with Ramsey, Ozil and Wilshere - and look for a replacement for Arteta/Flamini. We need a defensive midfielder. Still think we should strengthen with at least 3 current Premiership players (Lellana, Johnson, Richards) although I thought that Wigan's McManaman would be worth a punt as an understudy to Theo. I still think we need at least 2 experienced "Champions Lge" players - interesting to see the rumours about Benzema - I'd nearly buy him just to help Madrid buy Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

batistuta9 wrote: »
    He'll be gone if they don't win the world cup id think

Thats a bit harsh considering there are a few teams reaching/at their highest level for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Doubt we'll buy more than 1 Premier League player, it's not really Arsene's style.

Diaby would be an amazing back up to the first team squad, but not reliable enough to be deemed first team worthy.

Diaby on form is a 1st team regular..............if only :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Diaby on form is a 1st team regular..............if only :(

I think people have rose tinted glasses on when it comes to Diaby when fit and on his day he can be brilliant but he had far more off days than good days.

I think he had the potential to be a world beater but injuries have taken that from him. He can't be relied upon and as far as I'm concerned I'll welcome him back as a good addition to the squad but only as a squad player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

df7k1f.jpg

df7k1f.jpg

/Thread

He's going to be player of the season, isn't he?

Only Mert/Kos could be the other choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

cant see anyone else getting it, showed how good he was in the last two games hes been back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

he's defo player of the season. and I love him. I don't care who knows it.

Never mind Ramsey, we haven't lost a match this season when Diaby started.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Never mind Ramsey, we haven't lost a match this season when Diaby started.

Well, we'll get a chance to see tonight. The U21's team to play Chelsea:

Macey, Jenkinson, Ajayi, Pleguezuelo, Ormonde-Ottewill, Hayden, Diaby, Olsson, Bellerin, Toral, Akpom

Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 20 (14)
    Ramsey 14 (9)
    Podolski 12 (8)

Ozil 6 (4)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Mertesacker 3 (2)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Flamini 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Probably too late to catch Giroud, but the race for 2nd highest scorer sure is on.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Giroud 20 (14)
    Ramsey 14 (9)
    Podolski 12 (8)

Ozil 6 (4)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Mertesacker 3 (2)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Flamini 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Probably too late to catch Giroud, but the race for 2nd highest scorer sure is on.

Wouldnt rule it out completely though it would be a challenge indeed. I reckon both Pod and Rambo will get over the 15 mark though

CatInABox wrote: »
    Well, we'll get a chance to see tonight. The U21's team to play Chelsea:

Macey, Jenkinson, Ajayi, Pleguezuelo, Ormonde-Ottewill, Hayden, Diaby, Olsson, Bellerin, Toral, Akpom

Best of luck to him.

Diaby will get injured again tonight. If not i bet Wenger will start him next game :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Wouldnt rule it out completely though it would be a challenge indeed. I reckon both Pod and Rambo will get over the 15 mark though

I agree. Ramsey can score 6 in 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Diaby will get injured again tonight. If not i bet Wenger will start him next game :/

Give the guy a chance at least

wawaman wrote: »
    Give the guy a chance at least

i have, for 7 years

Really hope Atletico dont spare Chelsea tonight. Really compound Maureen's misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

All Diaby's injuries seem to stem from that "tackle" by the twunt car salesman that was at Sunderland - made bits of his ankle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Diaby still upright?

Maire2009 wrote: »
    All Diaby's injuries seem to stem from that "tackle" by the twunt car salesman that was at Sunderland - made bits of his ankle.

You'd have to wonder how he'd fare at another club too at times. Djourou has been available for most of Hamburgs games this season and he was every bit as bad if not worse than Diaby at one stage. Wenger chanced Ramsey the day he got injured against West Ham back at Christmas and it could have potentially cost us the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He played the first 45 minutes tonight and as planned was replaced at half time. Bellerin has scored and Arsenal lead 1 -0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

You'd have to wonder how he'd fare at another club too at times. Djourou has been available for most of Hamburgs games this season and he was every bit as bad if not worse than Diaby at one stage. Wenger chanced Ramsey the day he got injured against West Ham back at Christmas and it could have potentially cost us the title

That is true too. There must be something wrong with our medical team/conditioning - no one can be that unlucky, can they?

• Advertisement

That is true too. There must be something wrong with our medical team/conditioning - no one can be that unlucky, can they?

Id say we could be guilty of over utilizing a small nucleus of players since we were paying for the stadium and thus running them into the ground. Then were probably also guilty of rushing players back from injury and that's how they receive setbacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just watching the match, Chelsea are awful to watch. Mourinho has some neck to slag other managers about parking the bus when he does the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Diaby's put on some muscle.

Bl2T_s0IAAE-zEG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ramsey hadn't played a game for 9 or 10 days before that West Ham match, it was actually his game back after a rest. Can't blame Wenger for that.

edit: here we go: http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/aaron-ramsey/leistungsdaten/spieler_50057.html

Played against City 14th, had a 9 day rest then played Chelsea on the 23rd and West Ham on the 26th. Was the game after his game back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Chelsea unlucky not to be 4 up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

AdamD wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Ramsey hadn't played a game for 9 or 10 days before that West Ham match, it was actually his game back after a rest. Can't blame Wenger for that.

I remember at the time chelsea fans swearing blind to me Jose wasn't been a hypocrite when he went on his rant about west ham parking the bus.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

Did i not read somewhere that he wasnt right on the day and Wenger took a risk or something like that? Correct me if im wrong.

I remember at the time chelsea fans swearing blind to me Jose wasn't been a hypocrite when he went on his rant about west ham parking the bus.

Chelsea parking bus = Master tactician Jose
    West Ham or anyone else parking the bus = spoiling tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Under 21's relegated to the second division, thats a disgrace.

Thats a bit harsh considering there are a few teams reaching/at their highest level for a long time.

yeah maybe, expectation looms however

i going from memory on this but i think fans actually wanted him gone after last euros.
    he's been in charge since 2006 and this'll be his 4th tournament, germany haven't won anything since 96 & i don't think they see themselves a country there to make up the numbers

i wouldn't be overly keen on him, mainly due to him not managing a club side for about a decade, let someone else take him first to see.
    i'd take ancelotti if he was available

Did i not read somewhere that he wasnt right on the day and Wenger took a risk or something like that? Correct me if im wrong.

'in the red' is the term :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Raf32 wrote: »

in the premier league website, says that relegation will be applicable from next season. . . or am I looking at the wrong site?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/u21-competition-format/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Irish Aris wrote: »
    in the premier league website, says that relegation will be applicable from next season. . . or am I looking at the wrong site?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/u21-competition-format/

I dunno i just know the reliables on twitter are saying we are gone. Academy needs a good fixing anyways, thank god its getting s fresh injection over the summer.

pay no attention to them, seen before them refusing to acknowledge the links between chelsea & rangers hooligans

Pretty bad alright but it wouldnt of helped with thr mass clear out of underage players last summer, pretty sure there was a huge amount released.

My father said the u18s were piss poor the other night. Guilty of alot of the same traits of the senior team. 60% possession and not shooting in the box. Playing it backwards.

The new Dutch coach coming in might be just the token to freshen up things. As it is i cant help feeling that perhaps the current staff are a bit too loyal to Wenger and his template of playing.

Have a feeling we'll have more than a new youth coach by the end of the summer but hopefully we wont make the same mistakes as those made by the 'family' club up north

Costa dont look all that to be honest based on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gus99

It was a terrible tackle, but Diaby was actually injury prone in the seasons before he joined Arsenal. Have a read of his Wiki entry including the comments from the Auxerre manager. Obviously the Smith tackle didn't help, but perhaps it was not the watershed moment often cited ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abou_Diaby

Costa dont look all that to be honest based on tonight.

To be fair to him Chelsea did defend brilliantly.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    To be fair to him Chelsea did defend brilliantly.

Yeah that's true and Atletico as a unit were poor. Thought they should have played more ball to feet and brought Villa on earlier.

Diaby has certainly taken his gym work seriously. Unreal tone in the arms in particular. Would be brilliant if he could manage 30+ games next year no matter who he is with. There is no doubting that man has worked his arse off to come back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement