Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

My friendly asian kit man has just added this to his order page:

Rs6JU8i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

if you would pm that kit page to me i would be most appreciative!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Ooh thats nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Not a fan of the stripes on the arm, would have been nicer if they went the whole way around the sleeve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I see Barca are lining up a 30million bid for young Mesut.
    Sometimes it's like the papers just spin two different wheels. One with a list of players names and the second with a list of random clubs. And alakazam we get leaks from "our sources". I'm sure he will work well beside the already overstocked Barca midfield and his join beloved Madrids bitter rivals.

• Advertisement

dvemail wrote: »
    Sometimes it's like the papers just spin two different wheels. One with a list of players names and the second with a list of random clubs. And alakazam we get leaks from "our sources". I'm sure he will work well beside the already overstocked Barca midfield and his join beloved Madrids bitter rivals.

And Arsene with his degree in economics will sell him at 2/3's what we paid for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

I know this rumour is 99% horse manure but it's still made me dislike Barcelona even more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I love these Germans in the team they bring a great attitude and togetherness to the squad, and are model professionals.

I'd swop him for Messi....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

So.... who ye linked with for the summer? or who would some of ye like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And Arsene with his degree in economics will sell him at 2/3's what we paid for him

Can you give an example when he has done anything like this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Senderos is coming back doing stadium tours and hosting dinner receptions on match days

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

greendom wrote: »
    Can you give an example when he has done anything like this ?

Pretty sure he's criticising the logic of the article and not Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Aurier would be up there, whether Sagna signs an extension or not.

He put in a MOTM performance against Lyon last night(Who are fifth place) in a 0-0 draw, filling in at centre back, having played in the match previously at RB.

Wheels? Don't be so ridiculous.

game1.jpg

Messi or Ronaldo would be nice, doubt we could get both.

Benzema or Mandžukić should be realistic targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

jester77 wrote: »
    Messi or Ronaldo would be nice, doubt we could get both.

Benzema or Mandžukić should be realistic targets.

Much prefer benzema. Mandzukic, whilst a significant upgrade on Giroud lacks pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah, watching Benzema last night, he's quicker than I remember. Would be good if we got him and Suarez went to Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If were gonna buy a striker I would much rather we go down a different route to the giroud model

If were gonna buy a striker I would much rather we go down a different route to the giroud model

Agreed we already have Giroud and Sanogo, we don't need a third. Mandzukic is of a similar ilk as well, so I'd much prefer a small nippy type forward.

• Advertisement

Yeah, watching Benzema last night, he's quicker than I remember. Would be good if we got him and Suarez went to Real.

New contract for Suarez a few months back, about to win the PL and has CL football next season. If he'd really wanted to leave last year he would have, I'd be very surprised if he were to leave now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

New contract for Suarez a few months back, about to win the PL and has CL football next season. If he'd really wanted to leave last year he would have, I'd be very surprised if he were to leave now.

This is probably true. Still, Real are mad as a bag of spiders so could throw enough money at it to make it happen.

Madrid would easily fork out 80m plus to get Suarez. The thought of them having Ronaldo, Bale and Suarez up front means it's a real possibility..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Madrid would easily fork out 80m plus to get Suarez. The thought of them having Ronaldo, Bale and Suarez up front means it's a real possibility..

The sale of Benzema to us for €35m to us would help. He's a big upgrade on Giroud imo.

The sale of Benzema to us for €35m to us would help. He's a big upgrade on Giroud imo.

Bar the fact he is offside every second time he receives the ball he would be a good addition to the team. :D

Bar the fact he is offside every second time he receives the ball he would be a good addition to the team. :D

He would be a great complement to our current midfield, he would easily get 20+ goals with that supply feeding him.

jester77 wrote: »
    He would be a great complement to our current midfield, he would easily get 20+ goals with that supply feeding him.

Would think so, has a bit of pace about him as well and knows Ozils game. so wouldn't take too long to get up to speed, but i doubt he would want to leave Madrid just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just as long as they dont play together, they look poor when they team up for France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd be very wary of Benzema for that much money. His goal record's not particularly impressive given hes playing for Madrid in this era of goalscoring (multiple players scoring 20+ in the league every season). Also have a serious issue with players who go through 'goal droughts' semi-regularly, which he does.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of Benzema for that much money. His goal record's not particularly impressive given hes playing for Madrid in this era of goalscoring (multiple players scoring 20+ in the league every season). Also have a serious issue with players who go through 'goal droughts' semi-regularly, which he does.

Can see where your coming from but when Ronaldo is in the team and now Bale, the goals are never all going to go his way. At a team like ours he would become a bit more of a focal point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Also, on the Benzema point, Giroud was keeping him out of the French team for a while last year if I remember correctly, so it's not like he'd be a huge upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Also, on the Benzema point, Giroud was keeping him out of the French team for a while last year if I remember correctly, so it's not like he'd be a huge upgrade.

Giroud more suited to international football than the EPL imo, that said I would be a little hesitant on Benzema myself.

Was just gonna post this

Higuain was the man to get from Madrid last season but we wouldnt pay the extra few million. Wouldnt be too pushed on Benzema I would rather bring in Benteke than him, young and a proven goalscorer in the Prem Lge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Higuain was the man to get from Madrid last season but we wouldnt pay the extra few million. Wouldnt be too pushed on Benzema I would rather bring in Benteke than him, young and a proven goalscorer in the Prem Lge.

In fairness 11 million isn't just a extra few:pac:
    I'd prefer Benzema over Benteke tbh.. He'd be a different option to Giroud which I think we need.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    In fairness 11 million isn't just a extra few:pac:
    I'd prefer Benzema over Benteke tbh.. He'd be a different option to Giroud which I think we need.

It wasnt 11 million extra sure he only went to Napoli for 37 million euros. Pretty sure we pulled out on the deal at 32.5 million.

It wasnt 11 million extra sure he only went to Napoli for 37 million euros. Pretty sure we pulled out on the deal at 32.5 million.

I'm pretty sure it was at least 10M.
    I'll look it up though.

Edit: Found this http://www.marca.com/2013/07/05/en/football/real_madrid/1373038022.html Basically it says the Madrid turned down a €27M offer. This was after all the media was reporting he signed for us. I'm guessing that deal was all in place and then Madrid decdied that they wanted the extra 10M

I'll look it up though.

So that means we would of pulled out on the deal at 26 million euros because Napoli signed him for 37. He was a bargain at that price, 27 goals and 10 assists in 45 apps this season, he is one of the best strikers in world football.

You could argue we would of won the league with those goals this season.

I'll look it up though.

Edit: Found this http://www.marca.com/2013/07/05/en/football/real_madrid/1373038022.html Basically it says the Madrid turned down a €27M offer. This was after all the media was reporting he signed for us. I'm guessing that deal was all in place and then Madrid decdied that they wanted the extra 10M

27 million euros thats insulting for a striker of his calibre.

27 million thats insulting for a striker of his calibre.

Ah it wasn't insulting :pac:
    I think Madrid went about the transfer the wrong way.. They seemed happy to take the 27M and then at the last minute decided they wanted an extra 10M!

I don't blame us for backing out..

• Advertisement

Ah it wasn't insulting :pac:
    I think Madrid went about the transfer the wrong way.. They seemed happy to take the 27M and then at the last minute decided they wanted an extra 10M!

I don't blame us for backing out..

Id say when Napoli heard we nearly had him for that cheap they came in with an improved offer thats why the price went up because they just got 50+ million for Cavani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd be furious if Benzema was our big money forward addition.

We clearly need the other forward, not the big guy that competes in the air and gets on the end of stuff. We're well stocked there.

No way will it happen anyway. If Real wanted to keep him last year, they won't have changed their mind.

Doubt Wenger would bother with Mario Manz either.

He said last year that he's looking for a forward that can play 'with or without Giroud'.

That's someone technical and fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd be furious if Benzema was our big money forward addition.

We clearly need the other forward, not the big guy that competes in the air and gets on the end of stuff. We're well stocked there.

No way will it happen anyway. If Real wanted to keep him last year, they won't have changed their mind.

Doubt Wenger would bother with Mario Manz either.

He said last year that he's looking for a forward that can play 'with or without Giroud'.

That's someone technical and fast.
    Think you've got the wrong idea about Benzema..hes far more the second striker you described than the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

AdamD wrote: »
    Think you've got the wrong idea about Benzema..hes far more the second striker you described than the first.

Granted, I just don't think it's what we need or that he could play well with Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭purplepanda

I think United are trying to get rid of more than Moyes somehow. Cleverly was dreadful this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He's only bringing Cleverley in so Wilshere can see the kind of player he can aspire to be some day.

It's season ticket renewal time me thinks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement