Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone hear that Ox may be out for the final games of the season?

Too many fecking injuries this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Thank fook I'll be in croke park today thus avoiding the Irish "scouse" brigade :pac:

Reckon I'll switch the mobile off for good measure too. Been getting so many texts lately from pool fans, some of whom I'd forgotten were even supporters!

Anyone on here going to the cup final? Daughters communion day so I'm housebound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hope ye reports that were chasing Coleman is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I am definitely in the camp of "if we can't win it I want Liverpool to win it".

I detest Jose and Chelsea and Man City and their cash pile can feck off. I also believe that Liverpool are in 1st at the moment on merit and they have played some delightful football this year as well.

Of course if we can secure third it removes another banana skin at the start of next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hope ye reports that were chasing Coleman is true

What reports are these? If true would be a fantastic signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

What reports are these? If true would be a fantastic signing.

Few posers could be bull**** but I like it were offering double his wages to 60k

I think paying that and a transfer fee is better value that renewing bac at 100k for 3 yrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you completely ignore the boards.ie presence I think wanting Liverpool to win it is a no-brainer. They play great football, have a young and largely likable team (All seem fine bar Suarez and Skrtel) and aren't a sugar-daddy club. I'd never want Chelsea to win it under Mourinho and City have not only spent silly amounts of money but they've had a penchant for going for Arsenal players in the process.

Though I can't deny how funny it would be if they ****ed it up from here

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Few posers could be bull**** but I like it were offering double his wages to 60k

I think paying that and a transfer fee is better value that renewing bac at 100k for 3 yrs

60k seems a bit lowball to me. Hope it's true though.

Much better value imo, I don't understand peoples annoyance at the Sagna situation at all to be honest, it would be crazy to be paying a 34yr old a 100k a week given that most likely at that stage he wont even be a starter. We have money now but were not Man City either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I think people are just annoyed including myself is because we know he wont be replaced properly. Coleman will not be bought, would cost over 20 million so wont happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We should buy Conor Wickham, that's our striker bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Liverpool scored 23 goals this season from set pieces. Be interesting to see our set piece stat. Very poor from corners and free kicks we seem to be.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I think people are just annoyed including myself is because we know he wont be replaced properly. Coleman will not be bought, would cost over 20 million so wont happen.

Yea never know, no one thought we would have spent 40 million and bought Ozil either.

Now I know one player and one purchase isn't enough to banish memories of all the penny pinching transfer windows but who knows Ozil was the one that broke the rules ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Ahhh Gerrard falling over ha ha

I don't mind Liverpool or Man City winning it, just don't want Mourinho to win anything EVER AGAIN, EVER :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can't stand him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Liverpool lose this game goes to show the pressure of being number one in the league.

We did a very good job imo while up there and injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

HazDanz wrote: »
    Liverpool lose this game goes to show the pressure of being number one in the league.

We did a very good job imo while up there and injury free.

Except this is when pressure matters, not in November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

AdamD wrote: »
    If you completely ignore the boards.ie presence I think wanting Liverpool to win it is a no-brainer. They play great football, have a young and largely likable team (All seem fine bar Suarez and Skrtel) and aren't a sugar-daddy club. I'd never want Chelsea to win it under Mourinho and City have not only spent silly amounts of money but they've had a penchant for going for Arsenal players in the process.

Though I can't deny how funny it would be if they ****ed it up from here

Yeah, its been funny.

Hahahaha :D

Now just need City to do the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I'm happy Liverpool didn't win but I hope to god City win it, couldn't stand a few months of Jose and his lot bragging.

• Advertisement

Liverpool will still win it. City have to hard of fixtures.

These photos are awful mean :pac:

BmPLSUDIQAA8YII.jpg

Liverpool win their last 2 games I still see them winning, City need 4 from 4.

City if they turn up and play will win those games, isn't Everton their only tough game?

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Liverpool win their last 2 games I still see them winning, City need 4 from 4.

Same if city win the next two i fancy them but cant see them getting two wins.

Same if city win the next two i fancy them but cant see them getting two wins.

Well it's going to be some end of the season anyway, let's hope we win agaisn't Newcastle and West Brom and then we can sit back and enjoy that title run in.

City 1-0 already

Looper007 wrote: »
    Well it's going to be some end of the season anyway, let's hope we win agaisn't Newcastle and West Brom and then we can sit back and enjoy that title run in.

City 1-0 already

Hoping for this too - really want nothing to play for on the last day that we've 4th sewn up and are gearing up for the FA Cup final, and then sit back and watch City/Pool/Chelsea fans having a final day meltdown while I'm there having a nice pint :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Looper007 wrote: »
    City if they turn up and play will win those games, isn't Everton their only tough game?

Yes and Everton are going to be deflated with their push for top 4 hopefully put down after a win from us at Newcastle tomorrow.

This one is funny

BmPLbalIQAAb495.jpg

• Advertisement

The media's fawning over Mourinho is embarrassing. You have 25% of the ball and sneak a win and your 'tactics' are universally hailed?! :rolleyes:

Only in the bananas that is the English Premier League

The media's fawning over Mourinho is embarrassing. You have 25% of the ball and sneak a win and your 'tactics' are universally hailed?! :rolleyes:

Big game manager though. 16 points out of 18 against the rest of the top four. Mans a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

In fairness he set his team up correctly and got the win.. At the end of the day thats all that matters.

Big game manager though. 16 points out of 18 against the rest of the top four. Mans a winner

Bankrolled at every club he was at. Lost to Sunderland, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace. When Arsenal deployed similar tactics in the 1990's they were castigated far and wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

They didn't sneak a win, Liverpool were toothless due to his tactics, and they won 2-0.

Bankrolled at every club he was at. Lost to Sunderland, Aston Villa, Crystal Palace. When Arsenal deployed similar tactics in the 1990's they were castigated far and wide.

I know he has been given decent situations but many others would still blow it even with that money. In fairness the chelsea squad isnt much/at all better than ours in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I know he has been given decent situations but many others would still blow it even with that money. In fairness the chelsea squad isnt much/at all better than ours in fairness.

Squad is far better than ours if you ask me.

They didn't sneak a win, Liverpool were toothless due to his tactics, and they won 2-0.

What tactics exactly? 9-0-1?

Granted Liverpool were caught rotten but tbh if i pumped 500m into a football club id expect better then an egomaniac patting himself on the back for boring the arse of everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Id rather to win 0-2 with 25% of the ball than 50% of the ball and get spanked 5-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

L'prof wrote: »
    Squad is far better than ours if you ask me.

Carling cup proved that.

Anyway glad that the title race is still interesting. Advantage city.

I think as Djemba Ba has proved with his crucial goals that its far far better. So good in fact they could afford to let Lukaku go out on loan.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    Id rather to win 0-2 with 25% of the ball than 50% of the ball and get spanked 5-0.

Not me im afraid. With that much money invested in the team for that return id prefer to watch carpet bowls then that shíte.

Not that we are easy to watch ourselves at times

Not me im afraid. With that much money invested in the team for that return id prefer to watch carpet bowls then that shíte.

ah now its a results business, you dont get handed trophies for playing nice football. Take the result every day of the week no matter how we get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well you are probably in the same mind set as Wenger tbh. Play nice football but win **** all. How is that going for ya recently? Most fans are crying out for a winner at this stage and like him or loathe him Mourinho is a winner.

ah now its a results business, you dont get handed trophies for playing nice football. Take the result every day of the week no matter how we get it.

And you can get results by playing nice football as we proved in the early Wenger years. Spain and Barcelona proved that you can win by playing nice football.

And very few people talk about the German team who won the World cup in 1974. Plenty still talk about the Dutch though.

I think as Djemba Ba has proved with his crucial goals that its far far better. So good in fact they could afford to let Lukaku go out on loan.

If they'd kept Lukaku and sent Ba out on loan they'd probaby be top of the league right now.

And you can get results by playing nice football as we proved in the early Wenger years. Spain and Barcelona proved that you can win by playing nice football.

And very few people talk about the German team who won the World cup in 1974. Plenty still talk about the Dutch though.

no i agree both should come hand in hand. best way to win it is in style but defo take it the ugly way over no way at all.

jank wrote: »
    Well you are probably in the same mind set as Wenger tbh. Play nice football but win **** all. How is that going for ya recently? Most fans are crying out for a winner at this stage and like him or loathe him Mourinho is a winner.

Id be critical of Wenger this year but we are in the FA cup final to be fair.
    Mourinhos tactics are no better than Sam Allardyces only he has the money to buy better standard of players.

greendom wrote: »
    If they'd kept Lukaku and sent Ba out on loan they'd probaby be top of the league right now.

Lukaku is so overrated. Had Ba been playing all season they probably would be top too.

no i agree both should come hand in hand. best way to win it is in style but defo take it the ugly way over no way at all.

Fair enough but i cannot fathom how a man is so universally lauded for defensive tactics to be honest. The media nearly talk about him as if he has reinvented football or came up with some new formation. The same muppets gave years calling Arsenal boring when they done the same thing. The difference is Arsenal didnt have the money while Chelsea do.

Id be critical of Wenger this year but we are in the FA cup final to be fair.
    Mourinhos tactics are no better than Sam Allardyces only he has the money to buy better standard of players.

Exactly, when I saw them today with the long throws into the box,it shows Chelsea are essentially an up-market version of Stoke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement