Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Interesting stat ..

Lukas Podolski, with 19 goals and 11 assists in the Premier League has the third best mins per goal involvement in the competition's history (97 mins), behind Thierry Henry and Sergio Aguero.

Do I hear a new chant ..Feed the Pod....

Interesting stat ..

Lukas Podolski, with 19 goals and 11 assists in the Premier League has the third best mins per goal involvement in the competition's history (97 mins), behind Thierry Henry and Sergio Aguero.

Do I hear a new chant ..Feed the Pod....

Surely blows the theory that he doesnt offer enough out of the water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Some people have more appreciation for a player that runs himself into the ground ala Ramsey or a player who does the dirty work like Flamini.
    This is not what Podolski does, but he is our most clinical player we've had in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Theo to miss start of season. Will we ever have a fully fit team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

m7s4ys.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

m7s4ys.jpg

Never mind Liverpools run this year, that was a title run. Won every game since February into the next season.

We also hold the record for the most consecutive away wins in top flight (12), which was set last year:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_records_in_England#Wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

greendom wrote: »
    Serge Aurier, 21 year old Ivorian, currently at Tolouse has also been mentioned.
    Corchia from Sochuax is another I heard ye are looking at, for me Id have him over Aurier though both look to have some serious talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Yes but it's what he does IN the water that matters, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

m7s4ys.jpg

links dead

• Advertisement

links dead

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nice pic of the pitch before the game

BmTNjRXCUAAJDK8.jpg

Nice pic of the pitch before the game

Pitch looks funny. Are we now playing on a hill???......:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

They've started burying money under the pitch

Someone said on Twitter it was a "Steven Gerrard" view :pac: Apologies in advance to any Pool fan that may be offended by this statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

You know what day it is:

the-origin-of-st-totteringhams-day.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ozil is gonna kill it next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil is gonna kill it next season.

In to the bookies tomorrow to pile money on him to be player of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You think he'd give Sanogo more than 7/8 minutes in these games we've killed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well done lads, we were as bad as expected but Arsenal did what was asked of them. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well that was easy! Well done Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

1601014_4176949397589_3755265127108775496_n.jpg

Happy St.Totteringham's Day - 19 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Good win. That should be 4th done now and maybe even before we play next.

Watching the difference Ramsey makes to that team is amazing. Even Ozil struggled without him. He makes us look so much better in defence and attack.

Could have scored 4/5 handy but we are back on a good run now and confidence and positivity are building.

Going to try and enjoy the last three games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

https://vine.co/v/MvFbvE19VrT

It's happened again, it's happened again,
    Tottenham Hotspur,
    It's happened again

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Happy St Totteringham's day people :)

• Advertisement

Ozil being criticised on Sky yet again despite a MOTM performance. Unbelievable. Cannot wait til he shoves it back down their throats next season.

My favourite :)

BmVnqTKIgAAmGd_.jpg

Carragher saying Ozil needs to score against the big teams, sorry how many has suarez got against the top four this year? Wasnt his best moment there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ozil being criticised on Sky yet again despite a MOTM performance. Unbelievable. Cannot wait til he shoves it back down their throats next season.

What did they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sky are pathetic Jamie "tactical genius" Redknapp Garry "STFU" Neville

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Oh ffs I am his biggest critic on here and I thought he was excellent tonight.

What were they getting at in particular??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

lertsnim wrote: »
    What did they say?

eeeeehhhh welll that Ozil lad, for me I expect more for me 42 million like

(or words to that effect)

I royaly ****ed. No trains to go home and the buses? What buses! Least we won

eeeeehhhh welll that Ozil lad, for me I expect more for me 42 million like

(or words to that effect)

Ya have to turn on the subtitles when he talks!

I royaly ****ed. No trains to go home and the buses? What buses! Least we won

Good luck mate !!

Good luck mate !!

Overground?

If Ross Barkley or any other English player done even half of what Ozil showed tonight they'd have their dicks out in the studio

Possible alternatives include:
    Walk to King’s Cross, St. Pancras International, Liverpool Street and Euston to connect with National Rail and local bus services - the walking maps here show suggested walking routes
    First Capital Connect train services will be operating from Finsbury Park as normal but please note they are expected to be much busier than normal

efb wrote: »
    Overground?

Highbury and Islington is closed lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ya have to turn on the subtitles when he talks!

Double that now by considering that English is not my first language (though, admittedly are very good).
    Plus sometimes he tries so hard to make a point, that he doesn't make no sense at all.

On another note. . . I seem to recall people/fans in this thread writing us completely off after the Everton defeat, we are useless, Everton is in terrific form, blah blah blah. . .
    Maybe they can prepare a case for the weekend (not sure which day, I have a feeling it might be Saturday), explain us what happened. . .:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maybe Alan Pardew will let you share his taxi?

Read my post from tfl

Anyone have the gif of Ozils first half pirouette?

"He did ok"

"Needs to do it against the big teams"

"I'm not sure Ozil has enough power and pace to be a player of the year candidate next year"

That's the jist of what he said. Also thought his goal was offside. Remember when Henry put him on his arse

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Double that now by considering that English is not my first language (though, admittedly are very good).
    Plus sometimes he tries so hard to make a point, that he doesn't make no sense at all.

On another note. . . I seem to recall people/fans in this thread writing us completely off after the Everton defeat, we are useless, Everton is in terrific form, blah blah blah. . .
    Maybe they can prepare a case for the weekend (not sure which day, I have a feeling it might be Saturday), explain us what happened. . .:rolleyes:

Personally I was feeling very down after the defeat at Goodison. Everton looked so strong at that point and I thought they would go from strength to strength and not give us a look in at 4th. I really didn't expect them to lose to Palace and Southampton.

Also we look a completely different side now Ozil, Ramsey and Koscielny are back

If only every team approached us in the same pathetic vain that Newcastle did tonight. Dreadful. Ill take it though. Im sure Everton fans will be disgusted with them

Lolz podolski

Genuinely thought fourth was gone when we lost to Everton. We seemed so tame up top but couldnt see the boost Ramsey and Ozil were gonna give us. Delighted to be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

efb wrote: »
    Possible alternatives include:
    Walk to King’s Cross, St. Pancras International, Liverpool Street and Euston to connect with National Rail and local bus services - the walking maps here show suggested walking routes
    First Capital Connect train services will be operating from Finsbury Park as normal but please note they are expected to be much busier than normal

Walk to Liverpool Street? How long would that take?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement