Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Walk to Liverpool Street? How long would that take?

Lol an hour. **** that. Anyways I manage to get on the bus.

Years from now Jonney will be recalling to us on boards of the long walk he took to Liverpool street on St Totteringhams day :)

EDIT: He got the bus so scrap that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Anyone have the gif of Ozils first half pirouette?

https://vine.co/v/MvtxpxQnFmO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Look who I got! :pac:

hUWbLex.jpg?4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

spot on lads.
    The return of key players made a huge difference, I was short of expecting that.
    I was expecting Everton to lose points, although I didn't expect them to lose against Crystal Palace home. I considered the Saints and Man City games as their potential lost points.

I still hold that there is very good material at the team as it is. 3-4 good additions on the summer and an exorcism for the injuries (a tweak in the medical/training methods might also do the trick) and we will be in an even better place next year.
    Come on, Arsene, you can do it!!!

Keep the faith everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

So people didn't realise that when we got our best players back that we wouldn't be a better team :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Job done, nothing special 3 pts in the bag. Sweet baby jesus and the orphans Newcastle are dire under Pardew. Glad to see Ramsey back to good form he is a huge plus for the team. Having said that Monreal is a disaster, dont like him at all. Gibbs is twice the player he is. School boy defending all the time Hoofs everything into the stand, even when under no pressure. Arteta is no more then a squad player at best next season, pod worked hard tonite shame he did not score.

COYG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So people didn't realise that when we got our best players back that we wouldn't be a better team :):)

Of course, but I did have concerns how long it would take them to get back up to speed. Espeically Ramsey, who'd been out for so long. Needn't have worried though. The man is a machine (or the oil in the machine...)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/apr/28/aaron-ramsey-returns-oil-arsenal-engine-newcastle-mesut-ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Job done, nothing special 3 pts in the bag. Sweet baby jesus and the orphans Newcastle are dire under Pardew. Glad to see Ramsey back to good form he is a huge plus for the team. Having said that Monreal is a disaster, dont like him at all. Gibbs is twice the player he is. School boy defending all the time Hoofs everything into the stand, even when under no pressure. Arteta is no more then a squad player at best next season, pod worked hard tonite shame he did not score.

COYG.

Thought Monreal was great against Hull and didn't do too much wrong tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 21 (15)
    Ramsey 14 (9)
    Podolski 12 (8)
    Ozil 7 (5)
    Cazorla 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Mertesacker 3 (2)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Flamini 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Koscielny 2 (2)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

Koscielny doubles his tally :pac:

Happy Saint Totterigham's Day everybody! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Tube strike my arse, as usual I walked home. However, tonight I went and celebrated after and had a few extra pints. Hopefully you all heard:

It's happening again
    It's happening again
    Poor old Tottenham
    It's happening again

Ooh to ooh to be a gooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

And Rambo is awesome. Player of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Up yere holes spuds

greendom wrote: »
    Thought Monreal was great against Hull and didn't do too much wrong tonight ?

Whatever about against Hull he wasn't threatened at all tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Just saw on Reddit, Koscielny has scored on each of the last three St. Totteringham day's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Giroud now has more goals than Rooney this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

If City were to beat Everton on Saturday meaning we have secured Champions League, who would ye like to see get a run out from our youth squad?
    I think Sanogo will probably start up front but i wouldn't mind seeing Akpom get a run out. Also maybe Olsson or Zelalem again to play a few minutes.

Akpom, Olsson, Yaya, and Bellerin for sure.

I still think Zelalem is physically too slight. Maybe next year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sanogo, Zelalem, Gnabry (if fit) and Jenkinson should all get games if Everton slip up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Its going to be weird not to have anyhting to play for in the last game. But I can certainly get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I understand why people want certain players to get a bit of game time but on the other hand we are building a little bit of momentum as the season draws to a close and personally id like to see us keep it up until the cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Sagna is such a beast of a man. Ridiculous engine, we really shouldn't lose him. There's no good reason for it besides a little bit of money FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

BmYS745CMAA_k58.jpg

wawaman wrote: »
    I understand why people want certain players to get a bit of game time but on the other hand we are building a little bit of momentum as the season draws to a close and personally id like to see us keep it up until the cup final

True. Given our luck though with injuries it would be an awful scald to be without Ramsey or Ozil for the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

dr8e3r.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Sagna is such a beast of a man. Ridiculous engine, we really shouldn't lose him. There's no good reason for it besides a little bit of money FFS.

He's a guy you want in a side for a title push. We need him next year don't care what anyone says, sticking Jenkinson in now is too soon imo if we really want to move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

wawaman wrote: »

Definitely.

Maybe start Gnabry, and then if the game allows, bring on Zealalem or whoever. But winning is very important, we need to be in good felltle going in the Cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

HazDanz wrote: »
    He's a guy you want in a side for a title push. We need him next year don't care what anyone says, sticking Jenkinson in now is too soon imo if we really want to move up.

Don't think Jenks will be 1st choice even is Sagna leaves.

I hope anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone think we could get Debuchy in the summer if Sagna leaves? Good player and could see it being viable.

• Advertisement

Let hope we are suited and booted for this cup final and mentally prepared, I wasn't happy the time we played Birmingham in the Carling Cup final when we turned up in tracksuits. Winning the FA Cup will be beautiful, I think when the team tastes success it will spur them onto greater things. Exciting few weeks ahead for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone think we could get Debuchy in the summer if Sagna leaves? Good player and could see it being viable.

Not sure he is more than the hype really. Same goes for Santon , Ben Arfa, Tiote. If they were really so decent they wouldnt be losing 6 games on the bounce

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Let hope we are suited and booted for this cup final and mentally prepared, I wasn't happy the time we played Birmingham in the Carling Cup final when we turned up in tracksuits. Winning the FA Cup will be beautiful, I think when the team tastes success it will spur them onto greater things. Exciting few weeks ahead for the club.

Would you prefer these? :pac:

Suits.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronjo

I wouldnt mind a young Robbie Fowler up front

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I wonder what the impact on Liverpool will be if they fail to win the league this year. Surely this could be there best chance for a few years to come.

Cant see them having the same kind of year - with CL games to contend with.

And we could be as little as 7 pts behind them come the end with most people's opinion that Liverpool have been miles ahead of us this season

We can get a lot better but I feel they have had an above average season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I wonder what the impact on Liverpool will be if they fail to win the league this year. Surely this could be there best chance for a few years to come.

Cant see them having the same kind of year - with CL games to contend with.

And we could be as little as 7 pts behind them come the end with most people's opinion that Liverpool have been miles ahead of us this season

We can get a lot better but I feel they have had an above average season

They will go backwards if they do not win it this year.

Suarez to leave this summer too imo without a trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

HazDanz wrote: »
    They will go backwards if they do not win it this year.

Suarez to leave this summer too imo without a trophy.

Even with him they will struggle. They don't have the squad to deal with CL and the league and they are weak defensively. They won't be able to sort all that out in just one Summer. They most likely will be fighting it out for one of the last CL positions. Utd will be in the same position as Pool this year with only 1 game a week, they will be back up their fighting after a summer clear out and might overtake Pool if they get the right manager in over the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Just posted in their thread saying they'd have a tough time strengthening this summer. Chelsea, Utd and us will all be after some big signings, as will PSG, Barcelona and probably Monaco too, and there are only so many top players to go around. All of the other teams have more money than them, even us, probably.

I can't see them beating Utd and PSG to midfield talent, for example (assuming PSG will strengthen there, which I'd expect them to).

We'll have the same problem competing with Chelsea for striking talent, which is why I can't imagine we'll get a Cavani or Costa type.

Liverpool id imagine will be hit with the Anfield reconstruction costs down the line too. Like to see how them and Spuds will cope with new stadiums.

they'll have the 70m from the sale of suarez to RM to invest.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    they'll have the 70m from the sale of suarez to RM to invest.

Yeah id imagine they'll have to cash in on him at some stage but will the money go toward Anfield? Im sure they'll have learned lessons from Tottenham and the mistakes they made with Bale.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what I reckon they should do. 70m odd is a nice down payment for the redevelopment of their stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yeah id imagine they'll have to cash in on him at some stage but will the money go toward Anfield? Im sure they'll have learned lessons from Tottenham and the mistakes they made with Bale.

The lesson to learn their is not to sell your best player.

The lesson to learn their is not to sell your best player.

I think they were probably more guilty of flooding the squad with a heap of new players at once and players that the manager had no say over. In fairness 85m or whatever it was for Bale, they would have been loopers not to take it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Speaking of selling players......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think they were probably more guilty of flooding the squad with a heap of new players at once and players that the manager had no say over. In fairness 85m or whatever it was for Bale, they would have been loopers not to take it

When you accept the £85 you have little choice but to flood the squad though. It's either that or just buy 2-3 players and keep the money. That would never go over well with fans. Another option is to buy 2-3 players but make then expensive, £30m each. It's difficult to get good value for money in that situation though.

Liverpool do have a huge advantage of having champions league football this year though if the same happens with Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'll admit it: I enjoy watching Bayern getting beaten big time and the players losing it.

Benzema has been woeful for Real in the first half here, wouldnt be too fussed about trying to sign him in the summer.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Benzema has been woeful for Real in the first half here, wouldnt be too fussed about trying to sign him in the summer.

He looked decent in the first leg.

All players have the odd bad game and normally he does look the part. I think he'd be ideal for us personally. Dynamic, Strong, intelligent player.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I'll admit it: I enjoy watching Bayern getting beaten big time and the players losing it.

Hate that Robben anyway. A diving despicable little scrote.

I do like Pep though but to be honest i felt that Bayern were a more direct under Heynckes. They are a bit too tippy-tappy under Guardiola. Traditionally German teams are counter attacking. Guardiola is of a different mindset. A few directors like Beckenbauer meant to be unhappy with him. When that happens its never a good sign.

He looked decent in the first leg.

All players have the odd bad game and normally he does look the part. I think he'd be ideal for us personally. Dynamic, Strong, intelligent player.

Hes not really an out and out centre forward tho is he, seems to drop too deep at times looking for the ball similar in a way to Giroud. Benteke is our man ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement