Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

She wore, she wore,
    She wore a yellow ribbon,
    She wore a yellow ribbon,
    In the merry month of May!
    And when, I asked,
    Oh why she wore that ribbon,
    She said it’s for The Arsenal,
    And we’re going to Wembley!
    Wembley,
    Wembley,
    We’re the famous Arsenal,
    And we’re going to Wembley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yet another poor performance by a poor team.
    We're through but it shouldn't hide the fact that we were desperately poor yet again.

Onwards and upwards. Heads back in the league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Grayditch wrote: »
    Congrats, lads. Great trophy.

Ah, now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

well done lads...it would have been a horrible way for Arsene to bow out.
    congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah, now.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

302882.jpg
    Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We were one down
    Knocked out last years winners
    A team who knocked City out in quarters

Just doesn't tell the story :)............

We won, it's the first FA Cup game we scraped through this year, win the final well I'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

?

I thought you were implying that reaching the final was a trophy. You know, how everyone always says that 4th for us is a trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

We were shiite again today but fcuk it we have a final in Wembley to look forward to bring it on :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭omega man

GTFO

Ugh, nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Nice contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Awful performance, need to win the next six for it to be a successful season. Everton bound to drop points somewhere. I cant wait to see Ozil back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Kim... If you score the winner I'll take out a loan to cover your contract!!

Thankfully he didn't take the winning Pen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Actually right now couldn't give a continental how we got there, WE ARE THERE!

10154328_481838848584862_6146590975193710488_n.jpg

Well done Fabianski.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Awful performance, need to win the next six for it to be a successful season. Everton bound to drop points somewhere. I cant wait to see Ozil back.
    Didn't realise how poor out goal difference is til today. Need to start scoring freely at some stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Arsene wengers magic
    He wears a magic hat
    And when he saw the fa cup
    He said im having that

Didn't realise how poor out goal difference is til today. Need to start scoring freely at some stage too.

yup need to start tuesday night. hopefully united and city batter everton

Lads, you'll genuinely have to forgive me, only caught the last 30 mins and I thought that was the final. I'm only awake a few hours and that is incredibly embarrassing.

• Advertisement

Anyone think if Fab stays he could be our #1? not just for the penalty saves, has been immense all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Well done to fabianski, played a great game, as did the ox.

Couldn't be happier, 2 weeks off college and arsenal into the cup final :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Lets not let this paint over the cracks, we were awful today and this team needs a summer of spending, no if's or buts. I seriously worry for us in the league.

But great to get to the final and here's hoping we get Ozil Kos and Wilshire back for the final.

Lads, you'll genuinely have to forgive me, only caught the last 30 mins and I thought that was the final. I'm only awake a few hours and that is incredibly embarrassing.

We'll forgive you now.....but if you've fúcking jinxed us then we'll be back....:pac:;)

We'll forgive you now.....but if you've fúcking jinxed us then we'll be back....:pac:;)

I'm going back to bed :/ and burning my modem.

Ox shows again why he will be a future great for this team. Put the team on his back and carried them. Will go down as one of our best ever when its all said and done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ox shows again why he will be a future great for this team. Put the team on his back and carried them. Will go down as one of our best ever when its all said and done

I thought he was expendable? :pac:

AdamD wrote: »
    I thought he was expendable? :pac:

Who said that? him and ramsey are the future of this team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We were shiite again today but fcuk it we have a final in Wembley to look forward to bring it on :D.

This is it today is not the day to piss and moan, win the Cup, seal 4th and hopefully the change needed follows in the summer

But for the love of god enjoy winning a semi today. We weren't great but the cup is mad and these guys are the holders beat Man City both years

I can't wait for the day out in May

Now lets try and get 4th and win that cup . Christ all this isn't good for my poor heart :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Just hope that hasn't knocked back Ramsey. He didn't look too good at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You plonk :pac:

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    Just hope that hasn't knocked back Ramsey. He didn't look too good at the end.

Just bolloxed rather a injury he hasn't played in a while so its understandable.

Knex. wrote: »
    You plonk :pac:

I'll be a while living that one down, I said it on Facebook too :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not sure 'enjoyed' is the right word but today is a day to enjoy... the relief of winning I guess! Back at it again Tuesday night, that's a huge game. Hopefully get Ozil, Koscielny, Wilshere and Rosicky back fit by the time the Final swings around and have a full hand to pick from as much as is possible.

West Ham (H)
    Hull City (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    WBA (H)
    Norwich (A)

Should knocking 10pts out of that minimum which should see us through imo. Everton has Palace (H), Man United (H), Soton (A), City (H), Hull (A). Think they'll get 7 from those.

Safe by a point. :eek:

Change is needed, but there's the summer for that.

cson wrote: »
    Not sure 'enjoyed' is the right word but today is a day to enjoy... the relief of winning I guess! Back at it again Tuesday night, that's a huge game. Hopefully get Ozil, Koscielny, Wilshere and Rosicky back fit by the time the Final swings around and have a full hand to pick from as much as is possible.

West Ham (H)
    Hull City (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    WBA (H)
    Norwich (A)

Should knocking 10pts out of that minimum which should see us through imo. Everton has Palace (H), Man United (H), Soton (A), City (H), Hull (A). Think they'll get 7 from those.

They could win all them games except for the city ttbh. I think we need to win out and get at least 10+ goal difference

Palace are a form team atm.

And I wouldn't be writing off Utd either, Moyes should know how to beat Everton

Agreed they have no handy fixture left, hull away is terrible as well for us too. If they drop points in the next two games i will be confident

West Ham (H)
    Hull City (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    WBA (H)
    Norwich (A)

Palace Utd city and Soton could take points from them. Hull you never knows really they have done top teams over at their place. Looking at that I say they will do over Hull and Palace, I think they will drop points with Utd and City. Soton is the game I think could bring a shock defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

On current form do you see ous bettering them?

Everton are playing with belief and power now, while we have been riding our luck.

They humiliated ous last week and showed grit today with that win.

They are up for it.

I don't know how everyone is so confident about getting 4th.

They have 3 home games, away to Southampton and Hull who have nothing to play for.

They have won their last 6 games in the league, they are favourites

Got to have faith and support the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    On current form do you see ous bettering them?

Everton are playing with belief and power now, while we have been riding our luck.

They humiliated ous last week and showed grit today with that win.

They are up for it.

I don't know how everyone is so confident about getting 4th.

They have 3 home games, away to Southampton and Hull who have nothing to play for.

They have won their last 6 games in the league, they are favourites

You're ignoring a lot of things though..

They still have to play Man city who are fighting for the title.
    They still have to play Man Utd who have the best away form in the league.
    They still have to play Place who are trying to stay up.

Also Southampton are no slouches either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

West Ham (H)
    Hull City (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    WBA (H)
    Norwich (A)

I would expect something more than 10 points, probably more on the line of 12-13 points. If Hull qualifies tomorrow, the away game against them could also serve as a test for the final.
    I was just thinking on the performance of players today.
    I would like Sagna to stay for another 2-3 years. I think that they should renew his contract and have one thing less to worry about,
    Monreal is too inconsistent for my liking. On his bad day, he is a complete liability. Gibbs on the other hand has improved this year (bar his injury rate).
    Midfielders have been on and off for the whole season. Podolski and Cazorla didn't offer much to our game today. Ramsey obviously needs a couple more games to hit his form again. Ox was our real threat, because he has good pace.
    I am not ready to give up on Sanogo yet. Granted, he can not be depended upon at the moment, but I see potential.
    Pity that we will lose Fabianski in the summer. But to be fair to him, he would be number 1 goalkeeper in many other teams.

Overall, Arsenal needs 3-4 very good signings in the summer.
    But most importantly we need to control the injury situation. This thing kills us year after year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You're ignoring a lot of things though..

They still have to play Man city who are fighting for the title.
    They still have to play Man Utd who have the best away form in the league.
    They still have to play Place who are trying to stay up.

Also Southampton are no slouches either.

We are ignoring, the fact we are ****

We always struggle against Allardyce's teams, Padrew hates ous and is under serious pressure to keep his job, Hull away is going to be very tough.

Everton are well capable of beating United and Palace btw, City will be a test alright.

Rest Rambo on Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

What did she wear.........?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Rest Rambo on Tuesday?

depending on who's available.
    Or maybe bring him in as a substitute.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    We are ignoring, the fact we are ****

We always struggle against Allardyce's teams, Padrew hates ous and is under serious pressure to keep his job, Hull away is going to be very tough.

Everton are well capable of beating United and Palace btw, City will be a test alright.

With his contract it would be super expensive to sack him.

What is the problem with your "y" key btw? it's you's or ye, not ous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ill be sad to see Fabianski go. He saved our bacon today. LEGEND.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Very relieved and happy to get through that.

Roy Keane is such a prick, giving out about them celebrating and how they should only be celebrating trophies. Well they just got through to the ****ing final on penalties for a chance to win the trophy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement