Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Last thing we need is a lazy striker looking for a payday at Arsenal. We need power and pace to complement Walcott and the Ox on the wings, I would love to see the like of Radamel Falcao who is not having the best time at Monaco with injuries and tactics but his intelligence makes up for his slight lack of pace (still quick) The lad is just an amazing talent. And we could afford him (wages could be tricky)

Dont want us to pay the guts €40m for Drexler either and have to baby him to do the bizzo for a season or 2. If only the Yaya we have now was of the Toure variety sitting in midfield instead of Arteta next season it would be a very healthy midfield indeed. Knowing we could have signed him years ago still makes my toes curl...lol. All wishful thinking I know but still.....

We need a leader in the middle of the park with drive and hunger, them kind of attributes are infectious and will "creep" through the team.

A few players I would love to see at the Emirates.....just my 2 cents.

Pogba - Juventus
    E Garay - Benfica
    R Falcao - Monaco
    D Costa - Ath Mad
    A Lallana - Southhampton (Not worth 25m yet but good young player)
    G Chiellini - Juventus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Reports that we are chasing Kasper Schmeichel as a replacement for Fabianski. Is available on a free in the summer.
    Would be a solid backup to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

dvemail wrote: »
    Reports that we are chasing Kasper Schmeichel as a replacement for Fabianski. Is available on a free in the summer.

Don't see why he'd sit on our bench when Leicester have just got promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Maybe he may feel he is good enough to break into the team and get a chance of playing champions league football. Won't get that at Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Might think he had a chance of usurping Woj in the pecking order, and also (possibly more importantly) $$$

We'd probably give him £35-40k+ pw, I doubt Leicester will pay much more than £20-25k pw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is he any good? Havent seen him for years now and didnt rate him back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Matthaus has come out again and said that Drmic will definitely be joining us. He's going to look like a right ass if it doesn't happen. Fingers crossed it will.

Matthaus has come out again and said that Drmic will definitely be joining us. He's going to look like a right ass if it doesn't happen. Fingers crossed it will.

Really like the look of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Matthaeus has come out again and said that Drmic will definitely be joining us. He's going to look like a right ass if it doesn't happen. Fingers crossed it will.

That's already his general reputation in Germany. He has about as much insight into the German League then you and I have into the third Albanian League. Wouldn't believe a word that's coming out of his mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Raf32 wrote: »
    Really like the look of him

Have you seen much of him? Debating here whether to go searching for youtube highlight reels of him.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sounds very promising. I know nothing about him but his record is pretty good and if he's really available for only 4m if they get relegated then they'd be mad not to sign him. Only downside is I doubt we'd sign a more experienced striker like Balotelli or Benzema if we got him. That wouldn't be a problem if we bring someone like Draxler or Griezman into the squad too though imo.

Have you seen much of him? Debating here whether to go searching for youtube highlight reels of him.

Watched him three times this year. I know its not the best sample size in the world but stood out each time. Have a look at a few vids, you wont be disappointed. Has something about him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

^^Seems to like dropping deep and hold up the ball like Giroud does but looks a lot more pacy and more capable of beating a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

dvemail wrote: »

Translation: he's available on a free in the summer and his Mr. 10% is hard at work.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    ^^Seems to like dropping deep and hold up the ball like Giroud does but looks a lot more pacy and more capable of beating a man.

He was playing on the wing first half of season so would explain why he is deep a good bit. He is quick but not lightning quick. Savage dribbler too. Him, Giroud and Balo/Benzema would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sad statistic :(

3EBYiov.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Don't know why there is such laughing at Welbeck.

Very good player and is continuously improving. Impressed with him this season. Finishing will improve and is extremely pacy and versatile.

Might not get a lot of thanks but I would Be happy to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

jester77 wrote: »

3EBYiov.jpg

Wouldnt be shocked if a lot of us didnt see it in our lifetimes. :(

Don't know why there is such laughing at Welbeck.

Very good player and is continuously improving. Impressed with him this season. Finishing will improve and is extremely pacy and versatile.

Might not get a lot of thanks but I would Be happy to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Ah hes trash man. Yes he has pace but his touch makes Giroud look like Bergkamp. Has nothing in his game and one of the worst finishers in the league. Not good enough if we wanted to push on. Has no confidence either despite getting loads of chances at United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Ah hes trash man. Yes he has pace but his touch makes Giroud look like Bergkamp. Has nothing in his game and one of the worst finishers in the league. Not good enough if we wanted to push on. Has no confidence either despite getting loads of chances at United.

Jeez Raf im not sure you have been watching United much this year. He has improved a lot and he is young. He is no world beater but the way some go on here you would swear he is the United Gervinho which he is not.

Dont think it will be a an issue for us anyway but he would actually bring a lot to our squad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

jester77 wrote: »

3EBYiov.jpg

Top of another league!

Jeez Raf im not sure you have been watching United much this year. He has improved a lot and he is young. He is no world beater but the way some go on here you would swear he is the United Gervinho which he is not.

Dont think it will be a an issue for us anyway but he would actually bring a lot to our squad.

I have seen them a bit and while he would prove to be a decent squad player, thats all he would offer. Should be looking at a much better standard of player. Sure if we got our business done, id take him as a bench role but defo no more.

in saying that i have just bought him for my fantasy team :pac:

Welbeck's league record over the last 4 seasons:

2013/14: 9 goals 3 assists
    2012/13: 1 goal 4 assists
    2011/12: 9 goals 5 assists
    2010/11: 6 goals 1 assist

Don't see much improvement and he's 23 so not that young. Older than Lukaku and Benteke and just a year younger than Sturridge, all of whom have contributed more to their teams than he has. Meanwhile, Gervinho has 9 goals and 12 assists in Serie A this season so you're right he's not Gervinho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't say i'd want Welbeck.
    He's a ok player but seems to struggle when in front of goal which is a issue we already have.

Also he'd no doubt have a being english tax on his price tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Poldi is player of the month.

The lad has one of the sweetest strikes of a ball in the league, he gets some power in it from very little back lift. It's a shame we can't utilise him better or have a plan b type system where we can get the best out of him when we need to change things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Welbeck's a great instinctive finisher. However, if you give him more than 2 seconds on the ball, he'll mess it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Have you not looked at that squad? Ferguson performed miracles with it, even the majority of United fans knew for years there squad needed major surgery and will admit Ferguson left Moyes with an aging defence and a midfield seriously lacking in talent.

Up front is the only part of the pitch were United are strong.

So how bad is it?

Is winners by 11 points to 7th about right?

I'll take Smalling,Jones and Hernandez if United don't want them gladly.

So how bad is it?

Is winners by 11 points to 7th about right?

I'll take Smalling,Jones and Hernandez if United don't want them gladly.

The first two would only make the bench and the last one is a toss up to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The problem with Hernandez is that any big club who want him will be wanting to use him in the same way United do, superb poacher off the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

The first two would only make the bench and the last one is a toss up to start.

Would be two good bench options.

Think Wenger tried to sign both before they went to United.

Think Hernendez would be the perfect striker to bring off the bench when the ball is pinging around inside the box and needs a finisher.

Unlikely to come to us though to fulfil the same role he has at united although can't see him starting for any top team.

Would be two good bench options.

Think Wenger tried to sign both before they went to United.

Think Hernendez would be the perfect striker to bring off the bench when the ball is pinging around inside the box and needs a finisher.

Unlikely to come to us though to fulfil the same role he has at united although can't see him starting for any top team.

yup good third choice cb and smalling for backup right back, but defo wouldnt take them now. We should be looking at improving our first team which will push the current starters down to the bench which would give us a really good squad. I would take Smalling though as fourth choice cb this summer and to cover right back but thats it.

Some man :pac:

Bmeq-exCYAA-nyN.png

I wonder how many shirts they'd sell with his name on it :pac: Wouldn't say no to another German, really like the positive influence they've had.

I wonder how many shirts they'd sell with his name on it :pac: Wouldn't say no to another German, really like the positive influence they've had.

They have got that winning mentality like the Spanish. Used to be the French for us up until 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Leverkusen are currently 4th in the Bundesliga, with Wolfsburg only 1 point behind them and 2 games to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Think he only has one year left on his contract? Also read on Tim Payton's twitter that he thinks its pretty likely we'll sign him, about the only thing I've ever seen him say about a potential transfer.

Leverkusen are currently 4th in the Bundesliga, with Wolfsburg only 1 point behind them and 2 games to go.

Hate saying this but Leverkusen 5th and Nurnberg relegated please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

AdamD wrote: »
    Think he only has one year left on his contract? Also read on Tim Payton's twitter that he thinks its pretty likely we'll sign him, about the only thing I've ever seen him say about a potential transfer.

Apparently he signed a new contract in January so will probably cost a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Hate saying this but Leverkusen 5th and Nurnberg relegated please!

We'll know this weekend.
    Nurnberg need a win home against Hannover to get to a play offs position.
    Leverkusen is playing at Frankfurt against Eintracht.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    We'll know this weekend.
    Nurnberg need a win home against Hannover to get to a play offs position.
    Leverkusen is playing at Frankfurt against Eintracht.

Come on Eintracht and Hannover!!

Might be just better if we put Lars on the back of his shirt :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I don't know why but this has me in stitches :pac:

tumblr_n4tfj3YtwH1sisr9ho1_500.gif

The longer you look at it the more intense it seems to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I barely even noticed Özil, I was so lost in Giroud's eyes.

What a muppet Piers Morgan is. Hate the fact he attempts to associate himself with Arsenal. Gas that even the Tottenham manager is an even bigger Gooner than him

EsrQSeb.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

What a muppet Piers Morgan is. Hate the fact he attempts to associate himself with Arsenal. Gas that even the Tottenham manager is an even bigger Gooner than him

EsrQSeb.png?1

As much of a gob****e he is, as far as I know the second tweet is fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

keano_afc wrote: »
    I barely even noticed Özil, I was so lost in Giroud's eyes.

If it does that to you, the ladies have no chance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

As much as I despise Piers Morgan ( who doesn't? His mother maybe) surely even he couldn't be that deluded and was mocking himself. "Thank God I stood by him".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement