Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

TROPHY!

If Sanogo was to score a hat trick when the pressure's off....

:mad:

Better stick a fiver on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

By watching Yaya Sanogo give an absolute Tour de force next week laying down a marker for next season :p

Can't wait! LANS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well the bare minimum has been achieved. Should have been closer to the top but at least we're not in Spurs or Man Utd's place.

greendom wrote: »
    Well the bare minimum has been achieved. Should have been closer to the top but at least we're not in Spurs or Man Utd's place.

We need to win the cup or it will be a stagnant season

We need to win the cup or it will be a stagnant season

The FA Cup will make it a good season rather than an average one. Stagnant is bit too negative a choice of word for me.

The FA Cup will make it a good season rather than an average one. Stagnant is bit too negative a choice of word for me.

Thats the thing though. Every season has been average since 2005. A trophy win would boost the club immensely and could put a different complexion on next season.

78 points won the league in 98.
    79 points would vbe Arsenes 5th highest finish. Not bad for A terrible season. Better win the last two games though!

78 points won the league in 98.
    79 points would vbe Arsenes 5th highest finish. Not bad for A terrible season. Better win the last two games though!

By no means was it a terrible season but there has been major disappointment along the way all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yes yes yes yes yes

10314589_10152416235504489_7357061059257303742_n.jpg

Note: Not my picture, taken from Limerick Arsenal Supporters Club facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

To be honest as a supporter id be hoping that my club looked after their own interests first even if that meant the local rivals won something as a result.

Think we're safe enough as Arsenal fans ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Id be supporting us but wouldnt be devastated if we lost. Everton could only get a point towards the end so would have been no good for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yaya Sanogo ‏@Yayasanogoal22 2m
    Tomorrow last game to secure the Champions League. One match to go ! #arsenal #arsenalfc

somebody tell Yaya :pac:

AdamD wrote: »
    Tomorrow last game to secure the Champions League. One match to go ! #arsenal #arsenalfc

No wonder his legs are slow. His brain isnt the quickest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,507 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So what kind of team will Wenger pick tomorrow seeing that there is nothing at stake?
    I hope he gives chances to some of the young lads.

• Advertisement

So what kind of team will Wenger pick tomorrow seeing that there is nothing at stake?
    I hope he gives chances to some of the young lads.

Id rest Per. Wouldnt mind seeing Hayden at centre back and Bellerin at right back.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Id rest Per. Wouldnt mind seeing Hayden at centre back and Bellerin at right back.

Are we allowed to make wholesale changes given that West Brom are still in the mire? Norwich and Sunderland might take exception.

Are we allowed to make wholesale changes given that West Brom are still in the mire? Norwich and Sunderland might take exception.

Think we are allowed do what we want. Norwich are practically gone anyways and i remember sunderland players went out on the piss the night before the tottenham game last year so couldnt care what they think :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd rather play a full strength team and get max points tbh. Ozil and Ramsey aren't long back so match practice is good plus it's not like there isn't decent gaps between the last few games.

Maybe start Sanogo and Gnabry but no changes beyond that.

Fabianski
    Jenkinson Hayden Vermaillen Monrael

Chamberlain Flamini Kellstrom Zalalem Podolski

Sanogo

Just for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

If Norwich dont beat Chelsea at the Bridge they're relegated so they more than likely won't have much to complain about come 5.30 tomorrow. They've had 9 months to put some points on the board.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd rather play a full strength team and get max points tbh. Ozil and Ramsey aren't long back so match practice is good plus it's not like there isn't decent gaps between the last few games.

Maybe start Sanogo and Gnabry but no changes beyond that.

Technically (although highly unlikely) we can still get third though one can still dream of knocking the smug head off Mourinho.
    Although to be honest id prefer the trophy so therefore id at least rest Ozil, and Rambo and perhaps Chamberlain too. Would be such a scald to lose them for the cup final.
    Fabianski
    Jenkinson Hayden Vermaillen Monrael

Chamberlain Flamini Kellstrom Zalalem Podolski

Sanogo

Just for the craic.

Ironically Fabianski is probably our cup final goalie :pac: or at least i and many other gooners would agree he should be

Technically (although highly unlikely) we can still get third though one can still dream of knocking the smug head off Mourinho.
    Although to be honest id prefer the trophy so therefore id at least rest Ozil, and Rambo and perhaps Chamberlain too. Would be such a scald to lose them for the cup final.

Ironically Fabianski is probably our cup final goalie :pac: or at least i and many other gooners would agree he should be

Then he probably could do with the game time.

Chamberlain has an inflamed groin apparently !!

May not play again this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

AdamD wrote: »

No don't, throw him up front and tell him that our hopes of securing Champions league are on his shoulders, give him something to play for.

Chamberlain has an inflamed groin apparently !!

May not play again this season.

Well **** anyway. If there is one player that can make all the difference in the final its Ox. Gives such a savage effort for the cause. Can Diaby be given a few minutes tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Well **** anyway. If there is one player that can make all the difference its Ox. Savage effort. Can Diaby be given a few minutes tomorrow?

He re-injured himself i believe.

dvemail wrote: »
    He re-injured himself i believe.

Diaby or Ox?

Diaby or Ox?

Diaby

Diaby

are you messing?lol

• Advertisement

Diaby

Always hitting himself with hammers that lad :pac:

Actually looked up his injury history last night. I dont think he was as bad until that tackle in 2006 tbh. Had niggles but nothing as long term.

Edit: Incidentally his average tally per season between 2007 and 2010 was 34 games a season. The last four years have skewed the average for the worse.

Raf32 wrote: »
    are you messing?lol

Nope, he strained a muscle. So being held back again.

Nope, he strained a muscle. So being held back again.

Oh that's right. The groin was aggravating him into his comeback so they are going to take their time in bringing him back. Will be next season at the earliest and perhaps if we dont rush him back it might stand to him though im fearful at this stage.

To be honest id take him on a pay as you play deal next season if he can manage the few games. Were in a good bargaining position in this regard.

Josh James @JoshJJames78 · 17m
    Arsenal have finished in the top four for 18 consecutive seasons, the previous longest run for the club was five (1930/31 to 1934/35)

44 per cent of all the Club's top four finishes in history have come under Arsène Wenger

Josh James @JoshJJames78 · 16m
    Arsenal's average finishing position in top flight pre-Wenger was 7.8. During Arsène's reign it is 2.7

Makes you realise how lucky we have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

When is our game ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When is our game ?

It's the early one I think, 1:30 kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Yep, 13 hours from now.

What are the chances of Norwich pulling off a shock victory tomorrow? It's a shame they aren't playing first because if Chelsea were playing first and lost, it would give the team more enthusiasm for our match.

Arsenal have finished in the top four for 18 consecutive seasons, the previous longest run for the club was five (1930/31 to 1934/35)

44 per cent of all the Club's top four finishes in history have come under Arsène Wenger

Arsenal's average finishing position in top flight pre-Wenger was 7.8. During Arsène's reign it is 2.7

Then again though Football was a very different game long before Wenger joined Arsenal. The beginning of the sky era widened the divide. I can understand the bit of lean times with the stadium repayments but this season Wenger got both his transfer policy and tactics wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We should be beating West Brom and securing the highest point total we can possibly achieve.

A little bit of expermintation sure, but no wholescale changes and dfeintely giving our all.

Would like to see Pod start with Sanogo tomorrow, see how they work off each other for the whole match. Have Giroud on the bench and Mert too, he defintely needs a break.

Would expect Ozil and Ramsey to start tomorrow, both need the gametime. Would hope that Fabianski starts in goal tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yes yes yes yes yes

10314589_10152416235504489_7357061059257303742_n.jpg

Note: Not my picture, taken from Limerick Arsenal Supporters Club facebook page :)
    Where can I buy that?

Good thing someone made a trophy for it.

Don't give 2 shiney ****es about the next 2 games. Momentum is one thing, preparation is another. All the team should be focused on is how to beat Hull. If we don't score in the first 10-15 minutes then let them have the ball in our half and be ready to jump out. Simple but it's the only way to do it.

Given the choice between having a go in vain for third or a more plausible option of going for a trophy right now i just think it would make more sense to go for the trophy. Keep the squad fresh for the final. We need Ozil and Ramsay in particular

Where can I buy that?

Good thing someone made a trophy for it.

Don't give 2 shiney ****es about the next 2 games. Momentum is one thing, preparation is another. All the team should be focused on is how to beat Hull. If we don't score in the first 10-15 minutes then let them have the ball in our half and be ready to jump out. Simple but it's the only way to do it.

Ive nothing against counter attacking football myself and i think your right. Jose got lucky against a naive Liverpool last week and was lauded for it but to be honest there is no thinking to putting 9 men deep in your own defence.

Ive nothing against counter attacking football myself and i think your right. Jose got lucky against a naive Liverpool last week and was lauded for it but to be honest there is no thinking to putting 9 men deep in your own defence.

The everyone behind the ball stuff and hope for a break isn't really counter-attacking. Chelsea did get lucky as much as I'm loathe to admit it. We've all seen how much we miss a bit of pace in the team. Ozil is wasted playing possession ****e. Ramsey injects it but if he were to have his ideal career he should never seem like the main player in a team.

Anyway, 4th is done, get ****ing rock solid for Hull and play 4-3-3. Let them have the ball and be ready to destroy them every time we get the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads its gonna be a very slow summer transfer wise for most teams because of that stupid "WORLD CUP" :pac::pac::pac:

It will late summer before the fireworks start, players are fickle like that. They dont like the distractions unless they are really un-happy and want the future sorted ASAP.

Did read on Flipboard Sport that Arsenal are ready to offer €32m for Costa. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Zzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads its gonna be a very slow summer transfer wise for most teams because of that stupid "WORLD CUP" :pac::pac::pac:

It will late summer before the fireworks start, players are fickle like that. They dont like the distractions unless they are really un-happy and want the future sorted ASAP.

Did read on Flipboard Sport that Arsenal are ready to offer €32m for Costa. :eek:

Yup, and this place will go into meltdown cause we're nt getting any business done early, despite the fact that no-one ever signs before the World Cup.

Are Switzerland in it?

gosplan wrote: »
    Yup, and this place will go into meltdown cause we're nt getting any business done early, despite the fact that no-one ever signs before the World Cup.

Are Switzerland in it?

Yep. They got a piss-easy group: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_%E2%80%93_UEFA_Group_E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Prob sagnas last time at the emeriates today in an arsenal jersey

Everyone knows I don't mind him going at all

But I will miss him and will still be sad to see him go

When players were leaving left right and centre he stayed loyal a wonderful servant

Prob sagnas last time at the emeriates today in an arsenal jersey

Everyone knows I don't mind him going at all

But I will miss him and will still be sad to see him go

When players were leaving left right and centre he stayed loyal a wonderful servant

Gutted tbh, him and rosicky are the biggest legends we have had since the invincibles. Really want to see them get their testimonials here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement