Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Raf32 wrote: »
    Gutted tbh, him and rosicky are the biggest legends we have had since the invincibles. Really want to see them get their testimonials here.

I wouldn't mind him staying be wouldn't begrudge him his payday either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Isn't Sagna out of today's game through injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

team to play West Brom: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Arteta, Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski, Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Kallstrom, Diaby, Sanogo

Ramsey not on the team????? Do we know why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Irish Aris wrote: »
    team to play West Brom: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Arteta, Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski, Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Kallstrom, Diaby, Sanogo

Ramsey not on the team????? Do we know why?

Hopefully wrapped in cotton wool soaked in horse placenta.

Don't think Ramsey needs games really but he MUST be fit for the final. We could lose anyone but him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Slight thigh strain apparently.

See you in 2015 so Aaron.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Slight thigh strain apparently.

See you in 2015 so Aaron.

Well that's a sickener. Hopefully he makes the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Supposed to be just cautionary i'd say he'll be grand for the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

I expect Chelsea to beat Norwich and relegate them today! Next week we'll go to Carrow Road with both sides not having anything left to play for! Hope we win though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Sagnas last game at the Emirates.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

DenMan wrote: »
    I expect Chelsea to beat Norwich and relegate them today! Next week we'll go to Carrow Road with both sides not having anything left to play for! Hope we win though!

Even a draw does it, no?

Norwich are gone gone gone though and they know it. Expect little fight from tem tbh. That Sunderland result pretty much relegated them yesterday, doubt they're in the mood to go to Chelsea.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Even a draw does it, no?

Norwich are gone gone gone though and they know it. Expect little fight from tem tbh. That Sunderland result pretty much relegated them yesterday, doubt they're in the mood to go to Chelsea.

No it would have to be a loss to relegate them! They would then be three points behind behind Sunderland with only one game to play for them then! Their goal difference is also much worse (-32 to -19).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Remy in the stands watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Kallstrom is going to be missed.

Club should retire his number for all that he has given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Kallstrom is going to be missed.

Club should retire his number for all that he has given us.

Let's face it his signing said more about the club then the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Well, that was exhilarating.

And after all that, we're seven points ahead of Everton. Never in doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Well, that was exhilarating.

And after all that, we're seven points ahead of Everton. Never in doubt.

Ya looks so comfortable now but was anything but haha!

on another note i would LOVE to get Remy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dull game.

I will say one thing though, even though Ozil has had some poor games this season I think he's shown the last few matches that he makes a big difference to the side. Some of his passing and general play today was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ozil needs to be rotated simple as that. He's just not one of those players, for whatever reason, who can perform game in game out with little to no rotation.

If we win the next match, I think I'll be more happy than disappointed with this season. 79 points and an FA cup final (hopefully trophy!) isn't to be sniffed at.

Biggest disappointment will be seeing the champions on a maximum of 86. If it wasn't for our performances against the top teams, we really could have been contenders.

Has to go down as the season of what if.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

That Deulofeu equaliser and that injury time Swansea O.G.

We'd be tied top now. Its the little things.

Low will be pleased Ozil is back playing now! It would be great now if we win the FA Cup and end the season in style! Also it would be great for our players going to the World Cup having won a trophy which a lot of players taking part would have done this season! COYG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Vermaelen's pass down the sideline and a few Ozil passes were about the height of the excitement of this game, not that I mind! 3 points and no injuries.

Reckon Ramsey is okay - he's played a good bit since coming back from injury and might as well give him a good rest for the final if he's not needed. Maybe give him 20 mins next weekend.

Edit: And Theo :)

BmzGkjnIQAEERQ9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Hopefully Norwich can hold chealsea to a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Hopefully Norwich can hold chealsea to a draw.

A draw is no good to us. That'd leave them three points ahead and a vastly superior goal difference. We need Chelsea to lose two, which is a big ask

Pretty cool photo

BmzbJmOCUAAab6U.jpg

• Advertisement

Not to bring the mood down but is everyone else gutted Sagna is going? Absolutely love the fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Not to bring the mood down but is everyone else gutted Sagna is going? Absolutely love the fella.

It's not entirely definite yet, although it looks more likely than not.

I'd be gutted, honestly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'll be sad to see him go.
    But if we win the FA Cup it'll be a perfect send off for the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'm gonna have to be this guy for a moment as I address this post from the start of the season. I normally wouldn't bring up something like this but for the stench of arrogance off it. So I saved the address knowing I'd enjoy poking fun at it in advance.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86311044&postcount=9150

On the Arsenal front, a little bit of piss-taking on Flamini and Sanogo. Well, I'd be much more happy with them than the spending on Capoue, Chadli, Lamela and Soldado.
    Apparently Arsenal were in for Soldado, Lamela and Capoue? Don't think Wenger's that stupid.

Also the point on Wolfsburg being relegation fodder. They're currently one point off a Champions League place. Easy mistake, I'm sure.

Also, of all the players to criticise; Willian; who has arguably been one of the most impressive players in the league this season. Very fine player and puts all of Spurs signings to shame.

Also, I don't think Eriksen joined the right club for progression.

Hope everyone enjoyed St. Totteringham's Day on Monday. So disappointed I had no internet access for it :)

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 36s
    Arsene Wenger: "We have two players coming to the end of their contract. Sagna and Fabianski. In my opinion, they will stay." (RMC) #AFC

If we do thats fantastic business and wont do much better business all summer.

• Advertisement

If we do thats fantastic business and wont do much better business all summer.

I'd love if that happened though part of me would like to see Fab head off and be a Number 1 somewhere.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd love if that happened though part of me would like to see Fab head off and be a Number 1 somewhere.

he could stay and fight for his place. Could get the #1 over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fabianski HAS to go, for his sake. He wont unseat Chesney and at 27/28 its well beyond time he went somewhere else.

He's deserves his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to be this guy for a moment as I address this post from the start of the season. I normally wouldn't bring up something like this but for the stench of arrogance off it. So I saved the address knowing I'd enjoy poking fun at it in advance.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86311044&postcount=9150

On the Arsenal front, a little bit of piss-taking on Flamini and Sanogo. Well, I'd be much more happy with them than the spending on Capoue, Chadli, Lamela and Soldado.
    Apparently Arsenal were in for Soldado, Lamela and Capoue? Don't think Wenger's that stupid.

Also the point on Wolfsburg being relegation fodder. They're currently one point off a Champions League place. Easy mistake, I'm sure.

Also, of all the players to criticise; Willian; who has arguably been one of the most impressive players in the league this season. Very fine player and puts all of Spurs signings to shame.

Also, I don't think Eriksen joined the right club for progression.

Hope everyone enjoyed St. Totteringham's Day on Monday. So disappointed I had no internet access for it :)
    Agree with all of this bar Willian, not sure about him at all. 30m attacking midfielder more known for his defensive work. Strikes me as a faster version of James Milner with a more exotic name.

Shame Norwich didn't nick a goal there, how sweet would it have been to pip Chelsea for third?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Our points difference can look more respectable thanks to Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,507 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Some of the lads here won't like this -- :pac:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27277263

he could stay and fight for his place. Could get the #1 over the summer.

If we get the FA cup, I honestly wouldn't mind him becoming #1 for a season. Szcz has a long term deal and could be our Cup Goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Some of the lads here won't like this -- :pac:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27277263

How do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

This release clause we have for Fabregas of €30million. Does that mean we can get him for that amount even if another club were to bid €40million for him or do we have to match the 40?

• Advertisement

dvemail wrote: »
    This release clause we have for Fabregas of €30million. Does that mean we can get him for that amount even if another club were to bid €40million for him or do we have to match the 40?

If we bid 30M they HAVE to accept. But Fabregas would still have to accept a contract.

We get him for the said amount I thought it was 35

Really think were gonna sign him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

God i hope so.

God i hope so.

How would we set up though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Id be so happy if we did. What a true homecoming it would be.

Bender/Ramsey

Ozil. Cesc. Walcott

Remy

Maybe?

Where's all this Fabregas chat coming from? Were we linked?

How would we set up though

Probably like this

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=2wx2h

?sk=2wx2h

Could cesc play Artetas role? sit and pass out from the back. Rambo beside him doing box to box. to be honest we have the best #10 in the world and dont want to push him out of position even for cesc.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Exact way I set it up too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement