Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

What ARE they smoking over there in the Liverpool thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

bad2dabone wrote: »
    What ARE they smoking over there in the Liverpool thread?

Why what was said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to butter it up I'm just calling it as it is.

I'd worry more how your club is going to recover from this capitulation rather than Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

As much as they deserve it I still wouldn't post over there would rather laugh at them here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

As much as they deserve it I still wouldn't post over there would rather laugh at them here

A select few deserve it, and there appears to be some in here too.

Lets just get back to laughing at Spurs

Palace fans make an awesome noise

Palace fans make an awesome noise

Atmosphere is brillant something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

#crystanbull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Spurs official claiming on Twitter their vine got hacked after they put this up

Bm6AgBcCQAE6788.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

They're small time. They've ****ed up a 7 point and 10 point March lead over us in consecutive years I think. While it was nice to have that rivalry somewhat competitive again; they're fast returning to being an irrelevance again for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Meh, the pool team has done excellent this can't take anything away from them. Some of the fans went a bit ott but that's football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well at least they gave it a go. What more can you ask for. Hopefully arsenal fans will expierence it again soon but I feel wenger will have to go for that to happen.

Oh hello again! Are you here to laud Wenger and call him a disgrace within 30 seconds again? :pac:

Anyway lads, what you reckon, sneaky bid for Suarez? Didn't look at all happy at the end of the match there tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Anyway lads, what you reckon, sneaky bid for Suarez? Didn't look at all happy at the end of the match there tonight.

Haha stop you will have them flocking back in here again!

Hard not to feel for the humble Liverpool supporters tonight no matter how much 4/5 annoyed me after the 5-1 game. Could actually picture that being us without too much imagination needed. Gut wrenching way to lose it if that turns out to be the case.

Fair enough it's hard not to enjoy a little schadenfreude though. Especially towards the mouthier ones. The ones who pop in here talking ****e. And my old mate Turty who hates arsenal.
    Having said that they've still been exciting this season and done very well to get CL football from 7th. Next year will be difficult again for all as United will spend heavy to try get back in, Chelsea and city again have huge resources. It'll be interesting again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The RSPCA have acted very quickly after recent incidents at Selhurst Park.

If you see a Liverpool fan with a dog please ask them to call 0800 3-1 3-2 3-3 for free advice on how to hold onto a lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I know this is off topic but the united supporters on my social networking pages are ridiculous with the abuse being thrown at Liverpool, for 1. they're 7th and 2. They'd rather City win the league, call it banter if you want but i think its pathetic. Feel sorry for Liverpool, would rather them win it over the other two plus the Liverpool supporters i'm mates with are actually sound and actually talk sense regarding football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All banter aside I really hope that Villa beat City tomorrow as I would much prefer Liverpool to win the league plus it would make the final day far more interesting!!

Delighted that we secured that fourth place before the last game as well. Looking forward to Saturday week now. Better make sure the missus understands that nothing else can be organised then!!!!!

Fair enough it's hard not to enjoy a little schadenfreude though. Especially towards the mouthier ones. The ones who pop in here talking ****e. And my old mate Turty who hates arsenal.
    Having said that they've still been exciting this season and done very well to get CL football from 7th. Next year will be difficult again for all as United will spend heavy to try get back in, Chelsea and city again have huge resources. It'll be interesting again next season.

I genuinely feel for some of the better posters they have in their ranks but on the flip side; I'm delighted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm in the camp that City is the lesser of three evils so glad that's the way it's looking to be going. Less of their fans around and I like Pellegrini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bild saying Bender wants to stay with Bayer. But saying we are monitoring Javi Martinez who would be a perfect signing for us.

It looks like Tommy V just kicked the crap out of a kitten:

Psyco look!

Looks like sagna will pick city or Chelsea

Like clichy before him i don't hold any grudges, can't see him starting at either though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,507 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ha I hope the Cup Final is not going to be decided on singing ability :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    Bild saying Bender wants to stay with Bayer. But saying we are monitoring Javi Martinez who would be a perfect signing for us.

Martinez would be an incredible signing - exactly what we need in that position and he can cover Centre Half which means we'd only need to make one signing there if Vermaelen stuck it out for another season. That's why I was ripping the club didn't sign Gustavo last season; ball playing holding midfielder who can cover centre half and is proven at the highest level - its literally a no brainer.

Lars Bender always struck me any time I've seen him play as more of an Aaron Ramsey type midfielder rather than a defensive or holding midfielder - which ironically enough is pretty much what his brother Sven is at BVB.

Anyway; team for the weekend = rest Mertesacker, Giroud and Arteta. Give Ramsey, Ozil and Gibbs 60mins. Start Kallstrom, Sanogo, Gnabry and one of Diaby/Wilshere. Wrap Chamberlain in cotton wool for the final!

• Advertisement

Looks like sagna will pick city or Chelsea

Like clichy before him i don't hold any grudges, can't see him starting at either though

He'd start at Chelsea, easily better than Azpi right now imo (though Azpi will eventually become world class imo).

50/50 between him and Zabaleta. Sagna's the better defender, Zabaleta offers more going forward. Micah Richards will be leaving if he goes to City and I wouldn't mind taking him as I think he could be turned into something decent. Can cover CB too :pac:

Man City just fined 50 million for breaking financial fair play rules.

Did something come out that indicates him going to either? I hope PSG snap him up, would hate to see him at another team in the premiership.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Man City just fined 50 million for breaking financial fair play rules.

Nothing to them really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nothing to them really.

Also restricted to a 21 man squad for CL and no increase in wages permitted. For a shot across the bows its fair enough.

• Advertisement

Nothing to them really.

It sends out the message that there serious about this FFF. Great to see to sugar daddy clubs spending power been capped, for too long theyve had a big advantage on the field through there ridiculous spending power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Stepanovs, Inamoto and Jeffers all got EPL winners medals as well I believe.
    No they didn't. At least 10 league appearances are required to qualify for a league medal. I doubt any of them did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

greendom wrote: »
    Also restricted to a 21 man squad for CL and no increase in wages permitted. For a shot across the bows its fair enough.

Is there anything about if they don't fall in line by next year that there will be stricter sanctions enforced again?

How long is the 21 man squad and wage freeze in place for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Is there anything about if they don't fall in line by next year that there will be stricter sanctions enforced again?

I don't know the answer to either but you would hope that this is a strong warning with a threat to increase sanctions if efforts aren't made to comply.

If there serious about FFP we could really kick on

cson wrote: »
    He'd start at Chelsea, easily better than Azpi right now imo (though Azpi will eventually become world class imo).

No way, for me Azpilicueta's been the best fullback in the league this season. I'm insanely jealous of Chelsea for having him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Im not sure either but Afaik this is their plea offer if they don't accept it, it'll be worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I really have no problem with Liverpool and know quite a few L'pool fans who I'd be happy for if they won the league. Unfortunately though I know a lot more who would be unbearable. Exhibit A from a poster in the Liverpool thread (talking about Arsenal):

"they just scraped in their usual 4th spot. They now look forward to next season and bottling it sometime in January "

I guess bottling it in April/May is much more preferrable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Delighted with that fine and sanctions to City. Shows FFP is not just hot air.

That fine could help us in a bidding situation for a big player some time in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Yeaah, we're currently the best team in the league: http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Nothing to them really.

Counts towards the break-even rule so it's kind of important...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

No way, for me Azpilicueta's been the best fullback in the league this season. I'm insanely jealous of Chelsea for having him.

I'd agree with you there, he doesn't offer a whole lot going forward but Sagna's also more defensive minded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That's actually quite surprising.

This weekend was really good for us results wise in relation to the teams around us with only City winning, not that it matters really.

Jaysus just looking at the league table we are only 5 points off the top...... Its dropping silly points to the likes of Swansea and Stoke that has really killed us.

Jaysus just looking at the league table we are only 5 points off the top...... Its dropping silly points to the likes of Swansea and Stoke that has really killed us.

I'd say losing to the top 3 did us in tbh.

I'd say losing to the top 3 did us in tbh.

Yes even draws away from home against Chelsea, Utd, City and Lpool would of maybe had us on top now..... Lets hope the boss can learn from this years mistakes away from home v the teams above, small details like this win you leagues.

Big games. We have an outstandingly good record against the smaller teams this year - losses to Stoke and Villa, draws with Southampton, WBA, Swansea, that's it. Oh and Man Utd :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

its the 'six pointer games' that really done for us, turn a loss into a draw against the top 3 and its an extra point for us and 2 off them so the gap could have been a lot closer very easily. Everyone will drop silly points against lower opposition thats the nature of the league but you need to make the most of the top games to be in at the end.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I made a balls of trying to make this point at the weekend,:pac: but Liverpool's away form wasn't much better than ours against the big teams. I think turning those home draws into wins would be a big step forward next year provided we keep doing the business against the smaller teams.

I can handle losing away games against the big teams, it's the way we lost them this season that was the real problem.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can handle losing away games against the big teams, it's the way we lost them this season that was the real problem.

Indeed, and directly after those horrible losses we only managed draws where we should have won - vs United at emirates (after liverpool) and vs Swans at home (after Chelsea)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement