Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Rafael oh Lord im out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Leverkusen are losing. It's possible they might not qualify for the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The only better Full backs over Sagna are Zab and Baines. Azpil is around the same level if not a little behind. Coleman had a good season, hopefully he keeps it up. Gibbs/Rafael arent even in the top 12 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Azpil is deadly defensively. Sagnas a very good player but not irreplaceable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Rafael oh Lord im out.

He really is an excellent player. Been injured for most of this season though. Most people will underrate him as hes incredibly unlikeable.

I dont get why we are so quick to write off one of our own and say he is easily replaced and then over hype a load of average players who arent near his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Raf32 wrote: »
    I dont get why we are so quick to write off one of our own and say he is easily replaced and then over hype a load of average players who arent near his level.

+1.
    I think he easily has two more good years on his feet.

Nobody has overhyped any 'average players'. What a load on nonsense. :rolleyes:

AdamD wrote: »

Rafael?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You think the players mentioned are "average".. :pac:

Sagna is a good player but he's extremely replaceable. He might be good defensively but offers very little going forward compared to other fullbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

AdamD wrote: »

well, you did say that Rafael is one of the 5 best full backs in the league.
    Really. .. would you take him in Arsenal?
    If you would, then we'll just agree to disagree, cause Iwouldn't want him anywhere near the team.

For me the priority should be to hold on to Sagna for another 2 years. If that's not possible, find a replacement.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Sagna is a good player but he's extremely replaceable. He might be good defensively but offers very little going forward compared to other fullbacks.

Imagine we had Coleman right and he bombs up the wing. Per is slow to come across if we get hit on the break. I think a lot here are really underrating Sagnas importance in this team. Its our best backline in years, why break it up for someone who can bomb forward? When Walcott is fit he will offer us enough on the right going forward, its the left that need the full back bombing forward like gibbs because we dont play a natural winger out that side.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    well, you did say that Rafael is one of the 5 best full backs in the league.
    Really. .. would you take him in Arsenal?
    If you would, then we'll just agree to disagree, cause Iwouldn't want him anywhere near the team.

For me the priority should be to hold on to Sagna for another 2 years. If that's not possible, find a replacement.

When fit, yes. He was the best full back in the league last season. Never realised how much people rated Sagna before now, hes good but limited. We have far too many good but limited players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Imagine we had Coleman right and he bombs up the wing. Per is slow to come across if we get hit on the break. I think a lot here are really underrating Sagnas importance in this team. Its our best backline in years, why break it up for someone who can bomb forward? When Walcott is fit he will offer us enough on the right going forward, its the left that need the full back bombing forward like gibbs because we dont play a natural winger out that side.

Thats happens already :pac:
    A fullback should be able to attack and defend. Zabaleta,Coleman and others mentioned can all do it.

Sagna shouldn't be the exception because he's good cover for Mert.. Especially when he's been caught upfield plenty of times.

Thats happens already :pac:
    A fullback should be able to attack and defend. Zabaleta,Coleman and others mentioned can all do it.

Sagna shouldn't be the exception because he's good cover for Mert.. Especially when he's been caught upfield plenty of times.

Coleman is good defensively but naive against better opponents. Sagna has only been caught up the field lately because walcott has been out in fairness. When both are fit, there arent much better right sides. Perfect balance between them. Zab though is the perfect defender, he has it all but very few like him out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Will Lars Bender consider a move to Arsenal even though Leverkusen qualified for the Champions League play-off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I hate this FIFA rating nonsense.

He's up there with everyone bar perhaps Zab but lacks a bit going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

And he cant cross his legs....lol

Will Lars Bender consider a move to Arsenal even though Leverkusen qualified for the Champions League play-off?

Bender has already said he's not moving. He said he'd not had a great season and didn't feel ready for a move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Bender has already said he's not moving. He said he'd not had a great season and didn't feel ready for a move.

Ah lads do people still take what players and managers say about transfers seriously?

Now I'm not saying we will get him but when it comes to transfer windows they all pretty much let there arse do the talking, you can never a trust a word any of them say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

From Philippe Auclair's Twitter - Sagna: 'I don't think I'll stay at Arsenal at the end of the season', as quoted on Europe 1. Hopefully this means he's made his mind up and we can start finding his replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I hope we don't have to endure a summer full of will he/won't he bull****.

If he wants to go just be done with it and let Wenger plan for nexxt season's squad..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah lads do people still take what players and managers say about transfers seriously?

Now I'm not saying we will get him but when it comes to transfer windows they all pretty much let there arse do the talking, you can never a trust a word any of them say.

Yeah, until it's up on arsenal.com, everything is a load of s***e.

Even though I know that it's a load of s***e, I still find it loads of fun. I mean, if we didn't have endless talk about who will or won't be on the team next year, this place will be dead during the summer.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, until it's up on arsenal.com, everything is a load of s***e.

Even though I know that it's a load of s***e, I still find it loads of fun. I mean, if we didn't have endless talk about who will or won't be on the team next year, this place will be dead during the summer.

The one thing that drives me insane is when people have a rant at the club over rumour, or lack thereof.

'FFS, there haven't been any made up stories I like in a week. Same old Wenger, get the finger out'

You know, that kind of thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

gosplan wrote: »
    The one thing that drives me insane is when people have a rant at the club over rumour, or lack thereof.

'FFS, there haven't been any made up stories I like in a week. Same old Wenger, get the finger out'

You know, that kind of thing.

Ah yeah. That sort of thing is enough to make consider ignoring that person. Arsene and Arsenal seem to be better than the CIA at keeping secrets, so I am happy to assume that they are working away on different things, but some people need more I guess.

• Advertisement

From Philippe Auclair's Twitter - Sagna: 'I don't think I'll stay at Arsenal at the end of the season', as quoted on Europe 1. Hopefully this means he's made his mind up and we can start finding his replacement.

Gonna be an epic fail.

People thinking a 21 year old is gonna just slot in and do the business.

Mind you Wenger has always done a good job of replacing rbs so I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

his our best crosser

his our best only crosser

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

jonny666 wrote: »

Imagine Wenger bringing his PSG team to the Emirates and knocking us out of the CL. Ugh

Wont happen as Wenger would bottle it and give us the win especially if we play them after february :pac:

Gonna be an epic fail.

People thinking a 21 year old is gonna just slot in and do the business.

I don't think age is an issue. Clubs are queuing up to pay mad money for Shaw who's 18. I've seen little of aurier but statistics show he's decent, and he certainly looks physically developed enough. If bac goes, best of luck to him. We'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

10338739_481757458636458_7312934334183064631_n.jpg

Poor odds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Szcz
    Jenkinson--Kosc---Verm
    Monreal
    Flamini---Kallstrom
    Rosicky
    Wilshere
    Pod/Santi
    Sanogo

Surely we have to play a very weakened side today. Pointless risking anyone for next week. Look what happened a few years ago when we played our only fit full-back in a nothing CL group game a few years back.

Have Cazorla/Pod in there as don't think anyone else who can play there is fit unless Diaby starts and Wilshere plays on the left.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I don't think age is an issue. Clubs are queuing up to pay mad money for Shaw who's 18. I've seen little of aurier but statistics show he's decent, and he certainly looks physically developed enough. If bac goes, best of luck to him. We'll be fine.

Let's compare sagnas statistics to Shaw and aurier, then we can have this discussion.

Start Diaby!!

Do it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭djan

his our best crosser

I honestly thing of our RB's and LB's jenkinson is our best crosser yes he looks awkward and clunky but whips in balls like nobodys business. Sagna tend to hit the defender a lot but overall id have sagna second after jenko for crossing.

I think that people really exaggerate sagnas ability just because he has been so loyal. He is a solid RB but no world beater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

djan wrote: »
    I honestly thing of our RB's and LB's jenkinson is our best crosser yes he looks awkward and clunky but whips in balls like nobodys business. Sagna tend to hit the defender a lot but overall id have sagna second after jenko for crossing.

I think that people really exaggerate sagnas ability just because he has been so loyal. He is a solid RB but no world beater.

He wasn't on the PFA team of the year twice for no reason.

Diaby starts. was just gonna watch the highlights later but have to watch now. Him and Wilshere in the middle supposedly, good few rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Diaby starts. was just gonna watch the highlights later but have to watch now. Him and Wilshere in the middle supposedly, good few rested.

Actually makes a non event of a game very interesting from an Arsenal perspective. Hopefully he plays an injury free 60 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Must watch now. Be super if he played a decent amount of minutes.

If he plays well could he start next week? him, ramsey, ozil :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are we on TV at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Are we on TV at all?

Yes on Setanta !! It will feel a little like being in the kitchen at a party though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Great news as it's Alan Hansen's last ever Match of the Day tonight! Never liked him! :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

greendom wrote: »
    Yes on Setanta !! It will feel a little like being in the kitchen at a party though

I won't see it so as the laptop is out of commission dang it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Where did u get the starting lineup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,503 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Diaby starts and plays well will it mean that we won't get the extra midfielder we need?

shano_88 wrote: »
    Where did u get the starting lineup?

Wayne Veysey who is always spot on with team news. Useless with transfer news though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

He wasn't on the PFA team of the year twice for no reason.

The last time was 3 seasons ago ;), sure Verm made it once and he can't make our starting line up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The last time was 3 seasons ago ;), sure Verm made it once and he can't make our starting line up now.

I would sign a sagna of three years ago on a 3yr contract no problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

If Diaby starts and plays well will it mean that we won't get the extra midfielder we need?

No. I reckon Wenger knows he cannot trust Diaby to be fit all season even if he would love, as would everyone, to beleeve this would be the case.

Need to go out and get a proper DM, no converter, just a solid, quick one.

Arteta has lost his legs. Cost us in matches this season on counters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement