Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Celebrated like the winner in a cl final!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

hon the jenko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Really wanna see jenkinson do well at arsenal, great commitment proper arsenal man great athlete. Just cut out some stupid mistakes and could be a proper arsenal legend

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

That goal has cemented his place as Sagnas replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Wilshere on for Ramsey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronjo

That goal has cemented his place as Sagnas replacement

Ah jaysus, slight over reaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Diaaaaby!

WHY THE HELL IS DIABY NOT NUMBER 2 :(((((

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

ronjo wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, slight over reaction

In Wenger's eyes I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Great reception for Diaby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He's looking emotional. Diaby rings out around the ground. Fantastic.

I'd like to think that Diaby has 1 year on his contract and it could be his year to get a good 20 games in, 12/13 being very impressive.

Optimism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Ozil been very poor, last 30 mins I have seen.

Looks isolated out on the left.

Will he ever be comfortable there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

We need someone stronger than Jenkinson when Sagna goes. He does not appear ready yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Jaysus I'm dreading the day Jenkinson become's our no.1 right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

even if it's 3 years down the road?
    Obviously he is not ready yet, but IMO he is already better offensively than Sagna - better and greatest variety of crossing.
    But not a very steady defender yet, I think he will get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

HazDanz wrote: »
    We need someone stronger than Jenkinson when Sagna goes. He does not appear ready yet.

FFS lads it's his first start since December and he has only played 104 mins since then. He is still only 22 give him a good run in the team again and he will settle straight back in.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    even if it's 3 years down the road?
    Obviously he is not ready yet, but IMO he is already better offensively than Sagna - better and greatest variety of crossing.
    But not a very steady defender yet, I think he will get there.

I do too think he will get there.

He would learn more from a more experienced full back coming in for another year or two.

If he is number one next year I would not be comfortable with the thought that our backline will be as consistent as they have been this season.

farna_boy wrote: »
    FFS lads it's his first start since December and he has only played 104 mins since then. He is still only 22 give him a good run in the team again and he will settle straight back in.

Not based off one game. Even when he was first team when Sagna was injured in the past he has been good but not solid. Need someone you can trust 100% will do a job next season if we like to think we will challenge for the league again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

what a goal from ramsey. If only he was fit most of the season. That could have been us celebrating the title :(

What me is the match on on Saturday lads?

what time I assume?
    17:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

For me he's very shaky at the back and you always see a mistake in him...In the 3 years time if he develops I would be more than glad...but for now I don't think he is ready...

Imagine, theres only 3 wins between us and the title. If walcott, ozil and rambo had of stayed fit ide say it would have comfortably been ours.
    The season of what if...

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Imagine, theres only 3 wins between us and the title. If walcott, ozil and rambo had of stayed fit ide say it would have comfortably been ours.
    The season of what if...

yeah, too many ifs unfortunately. . .
    Where is tayto to tell us once again about the inexcusable mistake of not buying anyone in January? :D (not that I disagree - at least not completely)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

what a goal from ramsey. If only he was fit most of the season. That could have been us celebrating the title :(

I know he's only one player but I think you're right. Look we only finished 7 points behind city. Despite all the talk of us collapsing we finished 3 behind Chelsea and 5 Liverpool. We're in a nice bit of form going into the cup final and I'm actually very confident we'll win it and complete a decent season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's great having next week to look forward to, can't wait

This was our best chance in a few years. All of the top teams got new managers and gained instability. Its going to be a lot harder next season.

• Advertisement

The season of what if...

Need to go and buy back up for those 3 now.

Pedro, Cesc, Martinez please.

This was our best chance in a few years. All of the top teams got new managers and gained instability. Its going to be a lot harder next season.

If we buy right, keep Sagna it shouldn't be.

United are not going to be right for a year or two, Chelsea are going to be sacking Mourinho again and Liverpool who knows what to expect.

If Arsene doesn't address squad issues this summer, I hope he does the right thing and leaves next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

oops :pac:

BnXfroQIYAAVSUm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Irish Aris wrote: »
    yeah, too many ifs unfortunately. . .
    Where is tayto to tell us once again about the inexcusable mistake of not buying anyone in January? :D (not that I disagree - at least not completely)

I'm here.
    We should have replaced in January :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Need to go and buy back up for those 3 now.

Pedro, Cesc, Martinez please.

and the kid Drmić for 2.5 million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Aw well onwards to next Saturday afternoon now! Let's lay this feckin X years without a trophy sh!te and then work on the League next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronjo

So other than City, only us and Hull can win a trophy.

Hopefully we can win the battle to see who has the second best season and lift Wengers 5TH FA Cup next Saturday.

The season of what if...

And turning some of those loses to the teams above us to draws would have helped too as they too would have dropped points.

i really think next season we should play 10 man behind the ball away from home against these top teams

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

and the kid Drmić for 2.5 million :)

Thought he signed for someone already?

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    oops :pac:

BnXfroQIYAAVSUm.jpg

So glad they lost. i feel like going into their thread and having a giggle but on second thought no i dont want to go down their level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thought he signed for someone already?

Think its just paper talk.

Think Wenger would only be interested in the kid if Podolski was leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So glad they lost. i feel like going into their thread and having a giggle but on second thought no i dont want to go down their level

i feel the exact same but wont stoop that far. DELIGHTED for a certain someone though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

HazDanz wrote: »
    Not based off one game. Even when he was first team when Sagna was injured in the past he has been good but not solid. Need someone you can trust 100% will do a job next season if we like to think we will challenge for the league again.

He was better than good he was so good in fact a lot of people were calling for him to keep his place over Sagna.

I honestly would have no problem is Jenks was our first choice RB next year, think he will prove a lot of people wrong much like Sczez and Ramsey have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

If United weren't so bad it's interesting to think would we have got top 4?

Anyway can't wait for next week.

I'd like to add my weight to the Pro-Jenkinson debate. I think we need a strong right back to compete with him, but I would trust him playing at least 25 games next season.

• Advertisement

He was better than good he was so good in fact a lot of people were calling for him to keep his place over Sagna.

I honestly would have no problem is Jenks was our first choice RB next year, think he will prove a lot of people wrong much like Sczez and Ramsey have.

still if Sagna leaves, we need to go out and buy a good right back.
    We can't have just Jenks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL can't believe it but Garth Crooks has named Mertesacker in his team of the season. Hehe that must have hurt him considering some of the crap he writes about us!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27342941

Plus BFG is not "big friendly giant" it's "big fukin german!".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

His positioning can be poor and he makes rash challenges.
    He needs more time as he will be good but is not ready yet in my opinion.

If United weren't so bad it's interesting to think would we have got top 4?

Anyway can't wait for next week.

If Fergie would have stayed on they would have won the league, he would have made one or two impact signings like Van Persie to keep them challenging.

We would probably not have made 4th, that's why this summer is so important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BnXfuHRCMAA6uax.png

Hope to be seeing this again next Saturday :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement