Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Another one I thought about yesterday was Bony, what would people think? (Again it would be annoying having him go to the African Cup)

Took his 2 goals brilliantly yesterday - real composure (my word of the day) in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bony would be fantastic I think; he's completely different from Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

On the Golden Gloves award, do Shez and Cech not share it now on 16 clean sheets each, or does there have to be an outright winner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

cson wrote: »
    Bony would be fantastic I think; he's completely different from Giroud.

Yeah he's really impressed in the second half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Any know why the African Cup of Nations is held every 2 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Bony is a super goalscorer. Only problem is, he's pretty muck on the ball, not sure how well he'd fit in.

Henry is on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/ThierryHenry

He's been on it 10 minutes and already has 30k followers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/05/12/4812940/sagna-tells-arsenal-he-is-leaving

if thats true its gutting, if we only offered him 80K a week we are a joke imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

AdamD wrote: »

Man's an acrobat.

In regards to Drmic, pretty disappointed, he looked ideal, but I guess Leverskuen might of guaranteed him first team football, plus the allure of staying in Germany as well possibly.

I hope we go on to secure Morata's signature now, his stats are ridicously impressive. Madrid insisting on a buy-back clause might be the only stumbling block though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Raf32 wrote: »
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/05/12/4812940/sagna-tells-arsenal-he-is-leaving

It's gutting if they are not planning on bringing in a suitable replacement. Hopefully we don't follow the pattern and they drop a pair and sign someone like Serge Aurier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bony would cost a stupid amount of money!
    Sure he cost Swansea £12 million. After the season he's had they'd be wanting around £18 - 20M for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Raf32 wrote: »

That article is by Wayne Veysey, didn't he have Wilshere and Diaby starting yesterday as exclusive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

So Wilshere and The Ox make the England squad.
    No room for Gibbs which isn't a surprise or Jenkinson despite his recent goal scoring form. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

dvemail wrote: »
    So Wilshere and The Ox make the England squad.
    No room for Gibbs which isn't a surprise or Jenkinson despite his recent goal scoring form. :pac:

I wish they weren't called up to be honest.

Godge wrote: »
    That article is by Wayne Veysey, didn't he have Wilshere and Diaby starting yesterday as exclusive?

sorry didnt see it was him carry on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

keano_afc wrote: »
    So are we all heading into the Merc? Just arranging things here with another Gooner, but I heard it might be a ticketed event? Anyone confirm/deny?
    Tickets in a Dublin pub, really?

I'll go if it's free in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'll go if it's free in.

Just something I thought I read. Could be wrong though. Hopefully.

I'll go if it's free in.

I haven't heard about it being ticketed and would highly doubt it!

They're asking everyone to get in early and bring in scarves to decorate the bar. Going to be an amazing atmosphere.

I'll be missing it though :(

Girlfriends Birthday Party in the house that evening so I'll be watching at home while getting the place ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Henry is on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/ThierryHenry

He's been on it 10 minutes and already has 30k followers

He's following Van Persie and I got offered to follow :eek: :D
    I like his quote "Amateurs call it genius. Masters call it practice."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Hi

For those asking there is no ticketing for the Mercantile this Saturday but only members will get discount drinks. We aim to have finger food for everyone hopefully.

We are expecting a huge Crowd so get in early. We also will be assisting Arseblog in the launching of his book in the Mercantile on Wed 21st at 6.30

Details on the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/events/672589496110954/?ref=52&source=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Am I the only one not too concerned by losing Sagna?

I think we can replace with better and the possibility of who is kind of exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Ronan14 wrote: »

Every Gooners' reaction on Twitter
    £32m +£1!
    Go on Arsene!

On the FA Cup - anyone in Limerick, meetup is at Phil Flannery's for the final and 3pm at Nancy's if anyone needs a few before hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Quazzie wrote: »
    Am I the only one not too concerned by losing Sagna?

I think we can replace with better and the possibility of who is kind of exciting.

Once he is replaced I am comfortable with him going. I was far more concerned about the noises about interest in Koscielny but then he signed an extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Can't wait too see how Costa does in the Prem, I'm not convinced by him at all

Can't wait too see joe Costa does in the Prem, I'm not convinced by him at all

A year ago he was very much second fiddle to Falcao and had a nasty temper too.

27 goals in 34 games is more than a decent return this season though - 13 yellow cards to boot

"There's no time to do any business before the World Cup" - Wenger.
    Meanwhile Chelsea agree a deal for Costa.
    Whatever we do it looks like it might be last day again BUT as long as we do it i'm ok with that.

That's cos they've no cup final to play :pac: :cool: :D;)

• Advertisement

Our season isn't even over yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Doubt that's a quote.

People need to stop caring what Wenger says about transfers. He never says a reliable word until the deal is done, generally.

And actually, somebody reported Chelsea have a deal for Costa, which is a vastly different thing, as everyone should know.

Fans moaning about transfers while were still in season and preparing for a final

Have to be a first

AW "City scored over 100 goals we scored 66.... we know where the problem is"....

He's on the case

Doubt that's a quote.

People need to stop caring what Wenger says about transfers. He never says a reliable word until the deal is done, generally.

And actually, somebody reported Chelsea have a deal for Costa, which is a vastly different thing, as everyone should know.

http://www.arsenalstation.com/2014/05/08/wenger-there-will-be-no-early-signings-this-summer/

Fans moaning about transfers while were still in season and preparing for a final

Have to be a first

Who's moaning. Just pointing out that business is being done already.:D

Who's moaning. Just pointing out that business is being done already.:D

Still loves ya tayto :):)

Still loves ya tayto :):)

I'm mellowing :D

We shouldn't be bothered about Costa, we should be bothered about getting the next guy Atletico Madrid go for because they have a knack for buying them: Costa - Falcao - Aguero.

Basically, let's get the guy who scouts the strikers for Atletico.

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    We shouldn't be bothered about Costa, we should be bothered about getting the next guy Atletico Madrid go for because they have a knack for buying them: Costa - Falcao - Aguero.

Ha, good idea. They tend to be third party deals though don't they?

What has become of our once famed scouting network? We don't seem to be getting anyone of late.

Ha, good idea. They tend to be third party deals though don't they?

Honestly don't know a whole lot about them, other than them being very impressive. I rate Falcao more than Costa - maybe if Wenger promises to go to Monaco in a few years we can have Falcao :) <- Yes, this is how I'd conduct transfer business, pinky promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What has become of our once famed scouting network? We don't seem to be getting anyone of late.

Giles Grimandi!!!!

THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO IT....THE CLOWN :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Immobile would have been perfect for you lads but looks like he's Dortmund bound.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Immobile would have been perfect for you lads but looks like he's Dortmund bound.

Good goal return for Torino this season but don't know much about him. What type of forward is he?

• Advertisement

We shouldn't have too much teams competiting for striker targets if Dortmund and Chelsea have done their business early, taking Costa, Drmic and Immobile respectively. That still leaves us with a few options in the frame.

Really hope Wenger gets one of Morata, or Balotelli.

Really hope Wenger gets one of Morata, or Balotelli.

I want Balotelli, but why Morata?

I want Balotelli, but why Morata?

His stats are very good, he's different to Giroud and Ancelotti rates him highly, but he could be off if Ancelotti doesn't give him a bigger role in the team next season.

I'm sure his not being a Galatico doesn't help.

carlos bacca boys, he would be perfect!

His stats are very good, he's different to Giroud and Ancelotti rates him highly, but he could be off if Ancelotti doesn't give him a bigger role in the team next season.

I'm sure his not being a Galatico doesn't help.

6 goals in 22 games in La Liga isn't going to compete with Suarez or Aguero. I'm not impressed.

Furthermore, with Ronaldo and Bale injured, he played 90 mins against Celta Vigo and Osasuna and scored nothing. Real Madrid are out of the title race.

He is also being likened to Fernando Morientes and he wasn't much of a goal scorer.

I haven't seen him play but I don't think he's good enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement