Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭batistuta9

wonga77 wrote: »

Fair enough the way he went about his departure wasnt handled the best but I think he always wanted to return to Barcelona and I dont blame him one bit for that (even though I dislike them immensely)
    He didnt leave for a hated rival like rvp or didnt go for money like Nasri
    He simply went home and id have him back in a flash

Nasri was going to stay, it was the club sold him for money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just seen a photo on Facebook there of a red bus with Arsenal Fc 2014 Fa Cup winners. I really hope its photo shopped.

Do you honestly think they'd just throw it together in half a days notice?

Oops sorry Quazzie said almost the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Surely they could of got somebody in to do it after the final if we win. Would hardly take too long would it, its only throwing a few stickers on. Im superstitous so this doesnt sit well with me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The way social media works we'll see more of that bus if we lose the cup than if we win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Surely they could of got somebody in to do it after the final if we win. Would hardly take too long would it, its only throwing a few stickers on. Im superstitous so this doesnt sit well with me :D

To counteract your superstition Hull will have one done as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

CUP FINAL YESSSSSSSSSSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Soups123 wrote: »
    To counteract your superstition Hull will have one done as well!

Yes but the Daily Mail arent reporting that though are they!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

wawaman wrote: »
    Yes but the Daily Mail arent reporting that though are they!?

No it wouldnt fit there agenda to report Hulls. Rag of a newspaper wouldnt wipe the backside with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

dvemail wrote: »
    there will be no parade on the Sunday if we do win.

Who the ****s going to be sober enough to go to the parade the next day? LOL

• Advertisement

I can safely say I will be fckin balubas come Saturday evening if we win. Think I will be hitting the Mercantile for about 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Think I'll head in as well, why not for the biggest game we've had since 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I've an exam finishing at 4, will probably head straight over after. Hopefully there'll be room!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Sounds like the Mercantile is the place to go in Dublin.

Maybe I should have headed home for weekend. Haven't been back since Christmas.

Think I'll head in as well, why not for the biggest game we've had since 2006.
    I've an exam finishing at 4, will probably head straight over after. Hopefully there'll be room!

Queue the drunken posts about 7pm if we win, Im on the 3rd bar stool on the left of the pole guys. Tayto will be spotted without posting he'll be the grumpy old fart having a moan about the price of a point in temple bar on the stool nearest the pumps

Edit and Button will only pop in after the game if we lose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mercantile ay....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'll be in the Mercantile with 3 other Gooner mates from about 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

damn, seems I'm going to miss all the craic at Mercantile!!

Well, I will wear my jersey and be mentally there then!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Just realised that I'm on a plane back to Ireland while the match is on.

Grrr....

My own fault too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

CatInABox wrote: »
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Just realised that I'm on a plane back to Ireland while the match is on.

Grrr....

My own fault too.

Ouch.

I may not be making it to the Mercantile :( but I shall be sat on the sofa game on beer in hand probably on my 3rd or 4th by the time the game kicks off to settle the nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fu*k the Mercantile, Midleton, Cork is where its all at this Saturday.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Count me in for the Mercantile action!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

ronjo wrote: »
    Sounds like the Mercantile is the place to go in Dublin.

Maybe I should have headed home for weekend. Haven't been back since Christmas.

no the place to be is at the emirates :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

no the place to be is at the emirates :)

I'd say Wembley would be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

**** lads, I'm getting nervous for Saturday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    **** lads, I'm getting nervous for Saturday!!
    Opposite for me. Havent been this excited in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Opposite for me. Havent been this excited in a long time.

guess I'm just used to failure for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

I see us winning 3-0 with Ramsey getting a couple. We have hit form at the right time while Hull have been woeful lately. I can't wait for the game and I am very confident of some long awaited silverware. COYG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Sagna looks like a done deal to City. If Jenko was more capable i would have sagna dropped tbh but will have to stick with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I'll be watching it in the London Pub at 9am here in Vancouver with the Vancouver Arsenal supporters club 👍😉🍺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I will be watching in my firends bar in China where we have not loast any games ive ever watched there (Spans a 2 year period). Makes me feel that bit more confident

Any of the guys watching in bars that are not in Ireland/UK have an issue due to the Atletico/Barca game being on at the same time?

I am in Bratislava and I need to make sure first I get a spot in front of the right tv in the right pub.
    I would stay at home but the two smallies I have wouldnt make it easy to concentrate and the wife gave me the night out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

I am in Bratislava and I need to make sure first I get a spot in front of the right tv in the right pub.

Crucial. I've had it happen.
    You know what else I've had happen...last 10mins of arsenal game, they decide to switch the tv over to the rugby!! Last 10mins of ANY game is far more important than watching rugby teams come out the tunnel! Aaargh! Rant over!

Anyways watching in Brisbane...2am start. Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Any of the guys watching in bars that are not in Ireland/UK have an issue due to the Atletico/Barca game being on at the same time?

I would stay at home but the two smallies I have wouldnt make it easy to concentrate and the wife gave me the night out :D
    Thats not so much a problem but I do plan to make sure we get the table right in front of tv.

Use tonight , find the bar, ensure their showing the game, what time you need to be there to get seats and ask them to put the champagne on ice

Thats not so much a problem but I do plan to make sure we get the table right in front of tv.

Use tonight , find the bar, ensure their showing the game, what time you need to be there to get seats and ask them to put the champagne on ice

Noo wrote: »
    Crucial. I've had it happen.
    You know what else I've had happen...last 10mins of arsenal game, they decide to switch the tv over to the rugby!! Last 10mins of ANY game is far more important than watching rugby teams come out the tunnel! Aaargh! Rant over!

Anyways watching in Brisbane...2am start. Hurrah!

Actually this is a big worry.
    The Ice Hockey world cup is on at the moment and Slovakia play tomorrow night at 19.45 CET....... 10 mins to go !!!!!!!!!!!

I have filmon app on my phone anyway which has ITV as a last restort.
    I could be huddled over the phone in the corner while everyone else watching bloody ice hockey :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So Flapianksi or Chesney? If flappers hasn't signed a new contract give it to Chez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Picked this up from Parcel Motel this morning, too early to wear it tomorrow?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

efb wrote: »
    So Flapianksi or Chesney? If flappers hasn't signed a new contract give it to Chez

I think it has to go to Fabianski because he deserves it.

He also loves the club and that has always been evident in those clips of the bench celebrating; when he jumps up and others may not show any emotion. Also worth noting that he ran the pitch to celebrate with Mertesacker in the last game.

His commitment is certainly there and he won us the semi-final in that shoot-out so I would trust him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

maximoose wrote: »
    Picked this up from Parcel Motel this morning, too early to wear it tomorrow?! :pac:

Where'd you get that!
    I need links dammit!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'd love to go the Mercantile but the last time I watched Arsenal play a Final in a pub was the Cup Winners Cup in 1995 against Real Zaragoza and we all know how that ended with that ex Spurs Nayim fecker scoring that goal. That was in the Cat and Cage in Drumcondra which was a United stronghold at the time. Those scars still run deep. I still can't wear an Arsenal jersey during a match because its "unlucky".

I'll be watching it at home from behind the sofa being comforted by a number of bottles of beer and a probably terrified four year old wondering why Daddy is ranting at the telly!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Time for a match thread?

Getting a bit buzzy now just thinking of tomorrow. For all the ****e of the FA Cup has lost its sheen, you fecking can't beat being there with a chance to win it. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sent a message to those of yiz who mentioned heading to the Mercantile tomorrow. If anyone else is thinking of heading, give me a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just after seeing an ad on ITV for the final.

Its finally sinking in!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Fu*k the Mercantile, Midleton, Cork is where its all at this Saturday.

Another Midleton man here! Where's it all happening? Might be a few of us heading into town for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Would have called into the Mercantile but am away this weekend, might not even get to see the game :-O Have a good one lads. Come on you gunners!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pretty sure Atletico-Barca is on Sunday at 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Nope, the cup final, Atletico/Barcelona and Leinster/Ulster games are all on at pretty much the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If I'm in a healthy state tomorrow I might hit the Mercantile, last ever class party for College tonight though, I've a feeling I won't want to be near alcohol :pac:

Unfortunately not which is a right pain as I would love to watch that too.
    Pity its not on at 8pm although I am not sure how fit many Arsenal fans would be at that stage to even remember how the game went :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Print media at its finest right here.
    Bitter journalism isn't enough to describe this lad.

BnwUTpuIQAE8nbK.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement