Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

^^^ never read the rags but was in the barbers, read the first two or three paragraphs of absolute horsehit felt myself getting angry and put it down.

I will thank it though for reminding me why I don't read them shiite papers, wiping your arse with that be to good for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

no better than an internet troll - and he gets paid for that !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Apologies if already posted, a recap either way. Anyone have a link to the ITV preview?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I always marvelled at the fact that lowlife Harry Redknapp and Spurs got praised from all corners for merely qualifying for the CL. They spend millions more than us, but what was seen as an amazing achievement for them is "failure" for us. Like you say, it's gutter tripe garnered to appeal to morons and is best ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

pre drinks

14008341818_8abee94c1e_c.jpgRelaxed Mode by jonneymendoza, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

All set for tomorrow, lads.

Not posted as much lately but have got good support and guidance in all too frequent times of stress. Lot of great fans on here and hope there is plenty positive to discuss.

If we win I am going to enjoy it fully, 9 ****ing years. I was 15 last trophyand was convinced it was a life of good times ahead. My Dad who was in WHite Hart Lane in 71 told me not to expect too much as he was waiting again til 89. He was right! Gonna let it all out if we win!

Brining the missus to wembley, see her yellow ribbon attached.

Come on you Gunners!

[IMG][/img]8x3052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Any chance The Mercantile can record the FCB game and show it about an hour after the Arsenal game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dammit was looking forward to Atletico Barca, oh well. Working until 4 tomorrow, will be straight home then to the couch and a fridge full of beer...cannot wait!

Daughters First Holy Communion tomorrow. Mass is at 11 so hopefully I can be relieved of my genial host responsibilities by 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Stayed in tonight so im fit for tomorrow. Pre season match, day at beach, bbq a lamb, pre drinks, THE GAME, celebrations.

Havent been this excited about a day in a long time. Come on you goooner.

I wanna be singing about arsene wengers magic hat tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This morning's Arsecast is brilliant. Dara O Briain about the recent charity dinner:

'There was an item up for auction: Bid for a chance to play at The Emirates Stadium.
    First bidder: Emiliano Viviano!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok here is the score for the Mercantile tomorrow

We have the main bar and the side bar reserved and if there is a bigger crowd the fans will be moved to the other bar. Pints of Bud €3 and all others €4 for everyone not just members(TBC) There will be food platters at half time. Also there are enough screens for everyone to see the game. We will be decorating the pub from early morning but bring flags, scarfs hats etc. to turn the Mercantile Red. Wear a yellow ribbon if you want but I may bring a roll myself for anyone who wants to wear one. Everyone is welcome including kids but take note there will be a big crowd. I do not know if Merc can tape the Barca V Atlético Madrid but we can ask. Also we will ask for them to show the Leinster v Ulster game for anyone interested. Hope to see some of you in there and get in early to get good seats and bring up the atmosphere we aim to turn the Mercantile Red and sing songs……….His first name is Lukas….Lukas…Lukas…His second name is Podolski….

Any questions let me know

COYG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

greendom wrote: »
    Daughters First Holy Communion tomorrow. Mass is at 11 so hopefully I can be relieved of my genial host responsibilities by 5.

And you can nick some of her Holy Communion money and head down to your local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Right lads friends 30th tomorrow in BAC so room booked. I'll come up early for match in Merc! COYG!!!

How will the boardsies know each other???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Their devilish good looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

efb wrote: »

We all have a certain smell...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

cathalio11 wrote: »
    And you can nick some of her Holy Communion money and head down to your local.

Some? All.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Some? All.

Showed this to the daughter. She's laughing but there's a suspicious look in her eyes ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

efb wrote: »
    Will post on here I guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvemail wrote: »
    Print media at its finest right here.
    Bitter journalism isn't enough to describe this lad.

BnwUTpuIQAE8nbK.jpg

The Sun, the feckin SUN ???
    I wouldn't wipe me ars* with it.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    We all have a certain smell...

Lonely desperation??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

dorgasm wrote: »
    Another Midleton man here! Where's it all happening? Might be a few of us heading into town for it.

Get the f*ck out of my private life brah!

nah only messin, 99% sure I'll be in the maple for it. By town you mean Cork ya?

Sure i'll head up to this Mercantile!

If someone's willing to drive me from Monaghan to Dublin?.. No? ... Nobody? Ok.. *cries*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If someone's willing to drive me from Monaghan to Dublin?.. No? ... Nobody? Ok.. *cries*

Jesus, Arsenal do really have a global reach

Monaghan?? Now that is really remote and outback.

Jesus, Arsenal do really have a global reach
    Monaghan?? Now that is really remote and outback.

:pac:
    I wasn't born in monaghan (or Ireland).. Just somehow ended up here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Off to Dublin in the morning! First stop is William Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night' at the Abbey Theatre and then the FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Hull City. Really looking forward to them both! COYG :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

:pac:
    I wasn't born in monaghan (or Ireland).. Just somehow ended up here!

The Nights Watch and Monaghan...both surrounded by Wildlings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

The Nights Watch and Monaghan...both surrounded by Wildlings :pac:

I find this funny because when I first read his post, I thought of Varys just turning up in Westeros but I didn't know how to make a joke; and somehow you went ahead and did it :D

• Advertisement

Oh Stoney Grey soil of Monaghan...

Got invited to a bbq tomorrow do people not realise the enormity of the game tomorrow bbq's pffft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

€2 free bet from paddy power. Stuck it on Kos to score first at 34/1

Unusually giddy, been singing she wore all day annoying people, trying to teach it to my 4 year old but the only part he has got is shouting Wembley every now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Had a bit of a pep talk with the other Gooners are work this evening before we went home. Gonna do it lads, COME ON YOU GOONERS!

I watched Fever Pitch last night, tonight I just hope I'll be able to sleep....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think I'll stick my classic FA Cup wins DVD on. And have a scotch. I like scotch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The first vivid memory I have of Arsenal is Andy Linighan's winner in 1993. From that moment, I was completely hooked and 21 years later still am. Fcuking love this club and the fantastic moments it's given me. Cannot wait for tomorrow. COYG!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If any manager deserves to win a trophy its this man

20ksj7l.jpg

Sacrificed so much for the long term future of our club and for that I will be forever grateful.

Come on The Arsenal!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Anyone know where the Cork Arsenal supporters watch their games at the moment? Wouldn't mind being in an Arsenal friendly pub for the game tomorrow.

The first vivid memory I have of Arsenal is Andy Linighan's winner in 1993. From that moment, I was completely hooked and 21 years later still am. Fcuking love this club and the fantastic moments it's given me. Cannot wait for tomorrow. COYG!

My first ingrained in my mind Arsenal memory is that blasted Nayim goal :mad:

• Advertisement

Ah Charlie George .... now that was a goal.:D:D

Maire2009 wrote: »
    My first ingrained in my mind Arsenal memory is that blasted Nayim goal :mad:

My first memory of Arsenal, my first love, we have had our ups and downs these past few years but still as strong as ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Really building up nicely. I am excited and less nervous than I thought. I said earlier in week that this one just feels written for us since the Liverpool game and I ain't for turning! I expect the usual nervy moments but think we will prevail.

Won't make the Mercantile unfortunately, sounds like it will be fantastic. Hope ye all have a brilliant day and we all in an awful state but happy on Sunday morning no matter where we are!

Think I will actually sit in and soak up the buildup and watch it alone and then head out. I would prefer being in the Mercantile with a good Arsenal bunch or alone not getting it in the ear from other fans in the local. They will see me after though if we win!

Forgot how exciting challenging for trophies is. It's bloody brilliant! Hopefully the start of the Wenger era of the 90/00's again. Above anyone I hope they win the FA Cup for him.

Enjoy it everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Good luck to all us Gunners tomorrow. I have my place booked by the TV for 1700.:D

Everyone enjoy tomorrow and hopefully we will get the result we all want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

36 years ago I became a Gooner - FA Cup final v's Ipswich. We lost 1-0 to a Paul Mariner winner and I've been hooked ever since. I've stuck with my team through good and bad because I love this club.

Tomorrow is our day and I will watch it with my sons, Junior Gunners.

Happy Anniversary. I'm so proud to be a Gooner. Arsenal till I die, no matter what the result will be.

• Advertisement

Think I will actually sit in and soak up the buildup and watch it alone and then head out.

Exactly what I will be doing myself, have a few beers and take it all in then head out afterwards if we win.

Excited and nervous about the game at the same time.

Any time Hull are in and around our box this will be us Arsenal fans inside :pac:

nwnibq.gif

Gringo180 wrote: »
    My first memory of Arsenal, my first love, we have had our ups and downs these past few years but still as strong as ever :D

Exact same as my first memory loved that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I love the pre-match build-up for the FA Cup. Coverage start 2 hours before kick-off on ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

"I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head."

Tomorrow 9 years of waiting ends! Come on Arsenal!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Mo Farah ‏@Mo_Farah 33m

Big game tomorrow so excited.....!! I had to come back for my team...!! Come on @Arsenal #arsenal #gunners

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement