Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I think everyone will enjoy this immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ramsey at 23 and after missing 18 months of his career is genuinely world class

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

How great was it seeing Wenger walking up to lift the trophy yesterday, it looked like a 9 year weight was lifted off his shoulders when he was walking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

It was great seeing Wenger lift that trophy yesterday. So so deserved, let's hope this is the start of a successful few years ahead.

I still really want Sagna to stay aswell, there is still some hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I keep thinking of the win yesterday and in those moments where I stop thinking about it for at least 5 minutes, I'm filled with joy when it pops back into my head!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

The ordeal of the agony before the ecstasy that all gunners are so familiar with!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4STBUAPnbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Sagna will be given a warmer reception when he leaves than any Arsenal player who has joined City, but when I look at the team today, I wonder why he just doesn't take that pay cut to stay at Arsenal.

He won't get the love and respect from City players and fans that he had here.
    Delighted he has a trophy to his name though after the years he has given us.

it seems to be just about money, i don't think you can say that's the sole reason for why others have left over recent season.

strange isn't it, all the rest are called everything under the sun & accused of leaving for money, yet sagna is getting a blessing to do almost.
    henry said on the graham norton show that he left because the club wasn't going the way he seen it/wanted it too - remind you of anyone? a dutch guy maybe

Raf32 wrote: »
    Boys what would you rather win? the league or the champions league?

league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

For Arsenal, now - Champions League, because we haven't got one.

In general - league. Harder to win over 38 games, and you've invested more time over the season in watching it.

The league should be next then go all out for the champions league, I really think with a top striker and defensive midfielder and a few more top quality squad players this team will win things. We have potential 4 world class players in the making in Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshire (I still think he will come good) and Ox. Add in Ozil who's still young as he's world class. Get in a striker in Wright, Henry and Van persie bracket to knock in 30 a season and a defensive midfielder like Viera and this team will be winning titles for years to come.

I'm worried a bit if we don't get a title or two in the next few years, the likes of Ramsey, Ox and Walcott even Wilshire will be tempted by the city's and Chelsea's of this world to jump ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looper007 wrote: »
    The league should be next then go all out for the champions league, I really think with a top striker and defensive midfielder and a few more top quality squad players this team will win things. We have potential 4 world class players in the making in Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshire (I still think he will come good) and Ox. Add in Ozil who's still young as he's world class. Get in a striker in Wright, Henry and Van persie bracket to knock in 30 a season and a defensive midfielder like Viera and this team will be winning titles for years to come.

I'm worried a bit if we don't get a title or two in the next few years, the likes of Ramsey, Ox and Walcott even Wilshire will be tempted by the city's and Chelsea's of this world to jump ship.

Don't be so feckin pessimistic Looper.
    We will win the EPL in the next 2 years :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

batistuta9 wrote: »
    it seems to be just about money, i don't think you can say that's the sole reason for why others have left over recent season.

strange isn't it, all the rest are called everything under the sun & accused of leaving for money, yet sagna is getting a blessing to do almost.
    henry said on the graham norton show that he left because the club wasn't going the way he seen it/wanted it too - remind you of anyone? a dutch guy maybe

But Henry wasn't injured off and on for 5 seasons and gave us one great season and then ****ed off. Henry best years were at Arsenal. That's why a lot of fan's are pissed at Van Persie, plus Henry went aboard not to our rival's. He's not the worst for me Fabergas and Ashley Cole are, one went out on strike to get his move, he thought he go there and become a hero ends up been booed by the fan's and is played out of position most times. While Cashley is one Ex Arsenal I don't think would ever be forgiven and I doubt he gives two damn's.

Nasri, I wasn't surprised about as the man left his hometown club Marseille for us cause of Money so him leaving us wasn't a surprise. Clichy and Toure weren't any great loses as they had their best years with us. Adebayor goes where the money is, plus he's a hit and miss player.

It surprises me that many on here let Fabergas of the hook but slaughter Van Persie.

Let's be honest I think Cole, Van Persie, Adebayor and Nasri are the only ex Arsenal players that wouldn't be welcomed back by fan's with open arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Now that our season is over (later than others ;) ) its about time to have a look at the squad and what is needed over the summer:

I'm expecting the following:
    Sagna to leave
    Fabianski to leave
    Bendtner to leave
    Vermaelen to stay (or rather, not be sold)
    Viviano to move permanently (or equivalent, cheap backup brought in)
    Ryo to go
    Joel Campbell to come back

Which leaves us with the following:

GKs:
    Szcsesny
    Viviano

RBs:
    *New*
    Jenkinson
    Bellerin

LBs:
    Gibbs
    Monreal

CBs:
    Mertesacker
    Koscienly
    Vermaelen
    *New*

CMs:
    Ramsey
    Arteta
    Wilshere (also CAM/RW)
    Flamini (also full back)
    Diaby

Wings:
    Podolski
    Oxlade-Chamberlain (also CM)
    Walcott
    Campbell
    Cazorla (also CAM)
    Gnabry
    *New*

CAMs:
    Ozil
    Rosicky

Strikers:
    *New*
    Giroud
    Sanogo

17 foreign players above the age of 21: Viviano, Monreal, RB, Mertesacker, Koscienly, Vermaelen, Arteta, Flamini, Diaby, Podolski, Campbell, Cazorla, Ozil, Rosicky, Giroud, Sanogo, Striker.

8 Home grown players: Szcsesny, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Walcott + random youngster or new signing

So including Viviano, a new striker and a RB due to necessity we have 17. The most likely players to be displaced by a new signing (DM or LW) would be Campbell, Sanogo, Diaby or Podolski.

Taking these issues into consideration I'd go for something along the lines of this:

Backup goalie (if home-grown or u21 - bonus)
    New RB
    Young CB
    LW
    Striker
    Depending on squad situation a DM too, and a better striker in for Sanogo who goes out on loan.

So who do we get?

Goalie: Doesn't bother me too much, never bought into the rotating goalies thing at all, this guy will be on the bench.

New RB: Aurier seems to be highly rated (and linked). Would love Coleman but can't see that happening. Worst case scenario is Jenkinson and Bellerin, not great.

Young CB: Been linked to Ginter from Germany. Nobody on my wishlist for this spot off the top of my head.

LW: Griezmann, Draxler, Vela the main wingers linked. I like the look of all them although 40m for Draxler seems ludicrous, hopefully his stock has fallen after a reportedly poor season. Griezmann for me. Also been linked to Alexis Sanchez today, seems highly rated but I'm far from sold on him.

Striker: Been linked to Remy, Benzema, Morata, Cavani (tenuous). I like the look of Remy, never been a big Benzema fan but hes probably a bit better though likely to be triple the price. Doesn't look to be many top strikers available so we may see the big bucks spent on a LW.

DM/CM: Been linked to Lars Bender and Javi Martinez. Both would be great signings but I'm not sure Wenger will be looking at this area unless a deal like Martinez comes up. At some point he will be wanting to get Ramsey and Wilshere playing in the same team and Wenger has had Oxlade-Chamberlain down as a CM long term too, hard to see him adding to this position with the numbers we have here, unless somebody leaves.

A load of waffle no doubt. Also feel free to correct me if I've gotten the squad rules wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mother of Christ this is some hangover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You'd be absolutely nuts not to take Alexis Sanchez over Griezmann/Draxler IMO.

Sanchez is far more of a proven quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Would Vela count as home grown if he came back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

AdamD wrote: »
    Now that our season is over (later than others ;) ) its about time to have a look at the squad and what is needed over the summer:

Sagna to leave
    Fabianski to leave
    Bendtner to leave
    Ryo to go

GKs:
    Szcsesny
    Viviano

RBs:
    *New*
    Jenkinson
    Bellerin

LBs:
    Gibbs
    Monreal

CBs:
    Mertesacker
    Koscienly
    Vermaelen
    *New*

CMs:
    Ramsey
    Arteta
    Wilshere (also CAM/RW)
    Flamini (also full back)
    Diaby

Wings:
    Podolski
    Walcott
    Campbell
    Cazorla (also CAM)
    Gnabry
    *New*

CAMs:
    Ozil
    Rosicky

Strikers:
    *New*
    Giroud
    Sanogo

17 foreign players above the age of 21: Viviano, Monreal, RB, Mertesacker, Koscienly, Vermaelen, Arteta, Flamini, Diaby, Podolski, Campbell, Cazorla, Ozil, Rosicky, Giroud, Sanogo, Striker.

8 Home grown players: Szcsesny, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Walcott + random youngster or new signing

So including Viviano, a new striker and a RB due to necessity we have 17. The most likely players to be displaced by a new signing (DM or LW) would be Campbell, Sanogo, Diaby or Podolski.

Taking these issues into consideration I'd go for something along the lines of this:

New RB
    Young CB
    LW
    Striker
    Depending on squad situation a DM too, and a better striker in for Sanogo who goes out on loan.

So who do we get?

Goalie: Doesn't bother me too much, never bought into the rotating goalies thing at all, this guy will be on the bench.

New RB: Aurier seems to be highly rated (and linked). Would love Coleman but can't see that happening. Worst case scenario is Jenkinson and Bellerin, not great.

Young CB: Been linked to Ginter from Germany. Nobody on my wishlist for this spot off the top of my head.

LW: Griezmann, Draxler, Vela the main wingers linked. I like the look of all them although 40m for Draxler seems ludicrous, hopefully his stock has fallen after a reportedly poor season. Griezmann for me. Also been linked to Alexis Sanchez today, seems highly rated but I'm far from sold on him.

Striker: Been linked to Remy, Benzema, Morata, Cavani (tenuous). I like the look of Remy, never been a big Benzema fan but hes probably a bit better though likely to be triple the price. Doesn't look to be many top strikers available so we may see the big bucks spent on a LW.

DM/CM: Been linked to Lars Bender and Javi Martinez. Both would be great signings but I'm not sure Wenger will be looking at this area unless a deal like Martinez comes up. At some point he will be wanting to get Ramsey and Wilshere playing in the same team and Wenger has had Oxlade-Chamberlain down as a CM long term too, hard to see him adding to this position with the numbers we have here, unless somebody leaves.

A load of waffle no doubt. Also feel free to correct me if I've gotten the squad rules wrong

Did you drink at all yesterday I can't read or comprehend this much thought today never mind come up with it.

But I will read tomorrow once the DTs and paranoia cool off......

After a rather rough week of drinking after my college finals, I was off the beer yesterday! Perhaps not the best day for a long post, back to pictures :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Irish Aris wrote: »
    It just occur to me. . . first trophy since we moved to Emirates.

Feels like a new era begins!!!!

Now maybe they'll stop zooming in on the fecking list of years around the stadium for trophy wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Still think that Wenger needs to cop on to the clubs around him and start using different tactics. You cannot use the same tactics for 38 games in the PL and not get found wanting like we did this season. Okay, season is over move on, we had a very bad ride against the top teams....I am all for that, but for the love of christ please LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES. That is all I ask learn from the poxy mistakes.

The FA Cup win is sweet as the sweetest nut, I am over the moon. Put we cant use it to paper over the cracks, lets get the 3 quality players we need. Because all around us is/are gonna be strengthening their squads BIG TIME.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Now maybe they'll stop zooming in on the fecking list of years around the stadium for trophy wins

They can zoom onto 2014 as much as they like :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

How ****ing awesome this is to see :D

Anyone got a link to the highlights of yesterday I can watch on the phone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I use the 101 great goals ap.

Short highlights though, just the goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

BgEQrI4CMAA6vzy.jpg

Dara O'Briain retweet lol

Arsenalist.com always have our highlights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Don't know about on a phone, but Arsenal.com have highlights if you sign up.

Looper007 wrote: »
    But Henry wasn't injured off and on for 5 seasons and gave us one great season and then ****ed off. Henry best years were at Arsenal. That's why a lot of fan's are pissed at Van Persie, plus Henry went aboard not to our rival's. He's not the worst for me Fabergas and Ashley Cole are, one went out on strike to get his move, he thought he go there and become a hero ends up been booed by the fan's and is played out of position most times. While Cashley is one Ex Arsenal I don't think would ever be forgiven and I doubt he gives two damn's.

Nasri, I wasn't surprised about as the man left his hometown club Marseille for us cause of Money so him leaving us wasn't a surprise. Clichy and Toure weren't any great loses as they had their best years with us. Adebayor goes where the money is, plus he's a hit and miss player.

It surprises me that many on here let Fabergas of the hook but slaughter Van Persie.

Let's be honest I think Cole, Van Persie, Adebayor and Nasri are the only ex Arsenal players that wouldn't be welcomed back by fan's with open arms.

a lot of hatred towards van persie is because of the reason he gave for wanting to go, the same reasons as henry

henry best years may have been at arsenal, good of him to stick around during the most successful period of the clubs history alright though. he signed a new contract in 2006, saying he'd stay for life basically then fúcked off the year after when things weren't looking as rosy.

nasri wasn't going to leave, he was sold. only one of him & fabregas was to be sold that summer, the club sold both.

yeah i agree about fabregas, i think it's because it was him going back to barca is the reason people don't judge him as harshly. the perception of football fans is strange, players are mercenaries or whatever when they leave but not when they join for the same reasons, those you say wouldn't be welcomed back would be forgiven as soon as they started playing well or scoring goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

AdamD wrote: »

Sagna to leave
    Fabianski to leave
    Bendtner to leave
    Ryo to go

GKs:
    Szcsesny
    Viviano

RBs:
    *New*
    Jenkinson
    Bellerin

LBs:
    Gibbs
    Monreal

CBs:
    Mertesacker
    Koscienly
    Vermaelen
    *New*

CMs:
    Ramsey
    Arteta
    Wilshere (also CAM/RW)
    Flamini (also full back)
    Diaby

Wings:
    Podolski
    Walcott
    Campbell
    Cazorla (also CAM)
    Gnabry
    *New*

CAMs:
    Ozil
    Rosicky

Strikers:
    *New*
    Giroud
    Sanogo

New RB
    Young CB
    LW
    Striker

So who do we get?

Good analysis.

Lets start with the easy to achieve:
    -Goalie. John Ruddy of Norwich. Relegated, available, decent standard for back up, would probably love a move to Arsenal.

-Left Back: Aurier seems to tick many boxes.

-Joel Campbell back from loan.
    -Remy seems like a great for for the club and player.
    -Vela. £3.5m buy back clause. Easy peasy.
    Reserve CB: Lescott would be ideal, but my guess is City's FPP squad restrictions means they will hold onto him.

Then, it gets tricky. The above is all achievable, and probably costs about £25m.
    Theres enough money in the kitty for one big top signing.

Do you go for a DM, or see if Arteta and Flamini have one more in them?
    Buy Benzema, or hope Giroud, Remy, Sanogo and midfield goals sustain us?
    Buy Cesc back(the player itself is irrelevant, its the position Im talking about), or strengthen elsewhere?

For me, one of Benzema and Cesc are achievable, for different reasons. Probably cant afford both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Most of the players who left said they were going as they wanted to win things. They may have left for money but most of them also won things so it's hard to discredit them.

gosplan wrote: »
    I use the 101 great goals ap.

Short highlights though, just the goals.

Excellent find how have I not seen this before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Anyone think Milner would be a good purchase?

Not massively exciting but solid and would strengthen the squad.

greendom wrote: »
    Anyone think Milner would be a good purchase?

Not massively exciting but solid and would strengthen the squad.

Yep but 100% not sellable he ticks the home grown box for City and playable so they have to keep him especially with Barry, Richards , Lescott, Sinclair and Rodwell off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Soups123 wrote: »
    Yep but 100% not sellable he ticks the home grown box for City and playable so they have to keep him especially with Barry, Richards , Lescott, Sinclair and Rodwell off

He wants out though.

In other news rumours are that AW is to sign for 3 years and that he has been given 100m to spend this Summer. Not sure if that figure includes Wages or not. Don't know whether it it's complete BS or not either.

greendom wrote: »
    He wants out though.

In other news rumours are that AW is to sign for 3 years and that he has been given 100m to spend this Summer. Not sure if that figure includes Wages or not. Don't know whether it it's complete BS or not either.

Think he is just playing them for more dough , they really have to keep him!

3 years would be great if the $100m part was true and he went and spent it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Most of the players who left said they were going as they wanted to win things. They may have left for money but most of them also won things so it's hard to discredit them.

And had they stayed, they would have. Bar Fabregas (who we all knew would go back to Barca some day), every one of them left for money. Wanting to win things was just an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Whatever about bringing in new players (and that is clearly needed, don't get me wrong), the two biggest things we need to examine over the summer are:
    1) The Physio Room/Medical Setup, and
    2) Our mental preparation for big matches

The first one is obvious and is already under investigation so I won't rehash what has already been said.

The second one though has been largely overlooked. The bad results this season were blamed on Wenger not changing tactics or not having a Plan B, but for me it seems like in those games, and a few others against poorer teams, it took us a while to get up to speed of the play. Now I very much doubt that the players are going in to the game being physically cold/not warmed up, so it remains that the problem must be a mental block/not having your head in the right place, especially the games against united.

Whatever about losing a game 1-0 or even 3-0, unless a player gets sent off there is no way that any other team in England is 5/6 goals better than us. Ok, we might have started the game slowly but you have to be able to get your mind in the right place and be willing to fight back, something we failed to do in those games.

If the players had been able to start more brightly/ have their heads in the right place before the match and even after going a goal down, I am sure we could have got better results and not been embarrassed by those flukey results.

Ronan14 wrote: »

That's class looks like limited edition so not available to us mere mortals

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    And had they stayed, they would have. Bar Fabregas (who we all knew would go back to Barca some day), every one of them left for money. Wanting to win things was just an excuse.

no it wasn't. your heads in the sand if think it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Pretty sure an FA cup was higher on their list of priorities.

• Advertisement

That's unfair. Most went to win , money was always going to be offered as they are good players. It's obvious the club were going through a period were competing at the top was going to be limited while the stadium move programme was mid flow, players only get about 6-8 years at there peak so it's understandable they went elsewhere as much as it didn't suit us. Did the club also not say awhile back they had to raise £20m a season from player sales to balance the book.

Ashley and Ade went for money others I believe went for success

James Milner would be an interesting signing. Wenger trying to persuade him to sign with the promise of more first team football in his prefered position I'm central midfield.

I'd be fairly happy with him, he's got a great engine and work rate and a Ramsey/Milner midfield would be full of energy. Saying all that, it's hard to see City selling when they are already short on homegrown players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Giroud 22 (16)
    Ramsey 16 (10)
    Podolski 12 (8)
    Cazorla 7 (4)
    Ozil 6 (4)
    Walcott 6 (5)
    Wilshere 5 (3)
    Mertesacker 3 (2)
    Rosicky 3 (2)
    Arteta 3 (2)
    Oxlade-Chamberlain 3 (2)
    Koscielny 2 (1)
    Flamini 2 (2)
    Bendtner 2 (2)
    Jenkinson 1 (1)
    Gnabry 1 (1)
    Eisfeld 1 (0)
    Sagna 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)

(league goals in brackets)

meriwether wrote: »
    Good analysis.

Lets start with the easy to achieve:
    -Goalie. John Ruddy of Norwich. Relegated, available, decent standard for back up, would probably love a move to Arsenal.

-Left Back: Aurier seems to tick many boxes.

-Joel Campbell back from loan.
    -Remy seems like a great for for the club and player.
    -Vela. £3.5m buy back clause. Easy peasy.
    Reserve CB: Lescott would be ideal, but my guess is City's FPP squad restrictions means they will hold onto him.

Then, it gets tricky. The above is all achievable, and probably costs about £25m.
    Theres enough money in the kitty for one big top signing.

Do you go for a DM, or see if Arteta and Flamini have one more in them?
    Buy Benzema, or hope Giroud, Remy, Sanogo and midfield goals sustain us?
    Buy Cesc back(the player itself is irrelevant, its the position Im talking about), or strengthen elsewhere?

For me, one of Benzema and Cesc are achievable, for different reasons. Probably cant afford both.
    I like Ruddy, home-grown too, but would he sit on the bench? Hard to know
    shano_88 wrote: »
    James Milner would be an interesting signing. Wenger trying to persuade him to sign with the promise of more first team football in his prefered position I'm central midfield.

I'd be fairly happy with him, he's got a great engine and work rate and a Ramsey/Milner midfield would be full of energy. Saying all that, it's hard to see City selling when they are already short on homegrown players.
    I like Milner a lot, always have and would definitely take him, covers a lot of positions too.

All the reports say 100m but to me that's what Arsenal can spend, not what they will. See here
    I think 50m net would be a more realistic expectation. Which would mean one big (20-30m) player and then your Auriers and Remys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's unfair. Most went to win , money was always going to be offered as they are good players. It's obvious the club were going through a period were competing at the top was going to be limited while the stadium move programme was mid flow, players only get about 6-8 years at there peak so it's understandable they went elsewhere as much as it didn't suit us. Did the club also not say awhile back they had to raise £20m a season from player sales to balance the book.

Ashley and Ade went for money others I believe went for success

We'll leave out Cole and Adebayor for obvious reasons. They would kill their mother if they got paid enough. Leave out Fabregas too as his move wasnt about money.

After that we had Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Hleb, van Persie, Song and Gallas leave.

That's 7 players who "left to win things" when in reality they wanted more money. Had they all stuck around, they would have won trophies with us.

We'll leave out Cole and Adebayor for obvious reasons. They would kill their mother if they got paid enough. Leave out Fabregas too as his move wasnt about money.

After that we had Nasri, Clichy, Toure, Hleb, van Persie, Song and Gallas leave.

That's 7 players who "left to win things" when in reality they wanted more money. Had they all stuck around, they would have won trophies with us.

I think we sold Clichy because we wanted too and Possibly Toure. I think Nasri and RVP went for trophies definitely in RVPs case I don't think money was a factor.

Hleb and song suited the club and the player.

Galas was done as a top player it was time to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Have to say, despite all the abuse he was given this season, fair fùcks to giroud, that man played a serious amount of football this season with very little injury. Should be kept with us for the long run as a 2nd striker, perhaps played alongside another striker because honestly I think he has great link up play and is handy when it comes to the 1 touch football that we score a lot of our goals with.

Respect to Ollie G :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Are we signing Vela this summer?

Seems like a no brainer if the clause to buy back for 4 million is true.

• Advertisement

The more I think about Milner the less I think it's going to happen.

There's a good chance he's looking to use the fact that Man City are short of homegrown players to get himself a new bumber wage package.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement