Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

AdamD wrote: »
    Means they'll sign Costa and have plenty left over whilst still complying with FFP. Depressing that one club's idiocy will benefit Chelsea so much.

Exactly why I'm pissed off with it. Now means they can splash the cash on two top notch strikers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

dvemail wrote: »
    Exactly why I'm pissed off with it. Now means they can splash the cash on two top notch strikers,

We only need one if we can manage to talk Lukaku around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Apparently David Luiz is off to PSG for the small sum of 50million and he doesn't even start for Chelsea. :eek:
    If he is worth that much, how much is Koscienly or Kompany worth? 80 million plus? :pac:

£50m for a defender that can't defend. Insane price tag.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We only need one if we can manage to talk Lukaku around.

Would do well to keep him.
    Him and Costa and ye will be tough to beat next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

£50m for a defender that can't defend. Insane price tag.

Well it's actually £40M (which is still 10m too much)
    But in PSGs defence having David Luiz and Thiago Silva as a CB partnership is great.

It'll also allow for Marquinhos to mature and eventually take over from Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But in PSGs defence having David Luiz and Thiago Silva as a CB partnership is great.

Marquinhos is a better defender than David Luiz as of right now...

Apparently he is off to Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Luiz does seem to perform better for Brazil than Chelsea though. Maybe him and Silva is the ideal centre-back partnership. (After Kos and Merts of course)

Depends on the type of defender.
    Yes Marquinhos is a better stopper but Luiz is better when playing the ball out of defence.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Luiz does seem to perform better for Brazil than Chelsea though. Maybe him and Silva is the ideal centre-back partnership. (After Kos and Merts of course)

You just have to watch Silva and Luiz for Brazil to see how good they are together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Depends on the type of defender.
    Yes Marquinhos is a better stopper but Luiz is better when playing the ball out of defence.

Playing the ball out of defence is a good attribute to have, but I find it's better not to be a complete liability :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

AdamD wrote: »
    Means they'll sign Costa and have plenty left over whilst still complying with FFP. Depressing that one club's idiocy will benefit Chelsea so much.
    In fairness we built a stadium based considerably on other peoples idiocy so we can't complain too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

With that line-up there'd be a lot more goals - at both ends !

Its Arsenal we always entertain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

List of players kept and released for next year, its really the end of nicky B??? :pac:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Raf32 wrote: »
    List of players kept and released for next year, its really the end of nicky B??? :pac:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Siemann Leander

He should be kept purely based on his name....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Would do well to keep him.
    Him and Costa and ye will be tough to beat next season.

Thats key, he wanted out when he was going to be 3rd choice, that probably wont change if hes to be 2nd choice but you never know.

So eh...

Gunners, eh?

No news?

So eh...

Gunners, eh?

No news?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

disappointed in a couple of former arsenal youth players that were released in Conor Henderson and Jernade Meade, thought they would kick on at Hull and Swansea respectively. Looks like Meade couldnt even impress a crap team like Luton on loan

'He did not feature for Luton's first-team during his time at the club, appearing only in development squad games, with manager John Still stating that he "would have liked to have seen [Meade] do a bit better"'

Pantilimon and Lescott available, snap both of them up, could do much worse business.

• Advertisement

Pantilimon and Lescott available, snap both of them up, could do much worse business.

City have released Pantilimon ? That's mad. Let's get him. And Lescott come to that!

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    disappointed in a couple of former arsenal youth players that were released in Conor Henderson and Jernade Meade, thought they would kick on at Hull and Swansea respectively. Looks like Meade couldnt even impress a crap team like Luton on loan

'He did not feature for Luton's first-team during his time at the club, appearing only in development squad games, with manager John Still stating that he "would have liked to have seen [Meade] do a bit better"'

Remember seen Henderson few years ago and thought he looked a good prospect for arsenal and Ireland, even remember wenger talking about him, then he got that knee injury and things changed.

Feel for him.

City have released Pantilimon ? That's mad. Let's get him. And Lescott come to that!

Yup no reason why we cant replace Fab now in fairness. Schwarzer released from Chelsea too. Buy Aurier and throw in Lescott and we can work on the midfield up during and after the world cup.

heres a challenge,

from the list of released players, create your starting 11 released players (obviously not including retired players like bellamy and giggs)... heres mine

GK: Pantillimon
    DF: Ashley Cole; john arne riise; Joleon Lescott; Rio ferdinand
    MF: Frank Lampard; Marc Albrighton; steve sidwell; Gareth Barry
    ST: Samuel Etoo; Matt Fryatt

heres a challenge,

from the list of released players, create your starting 11 released players (obviously not including retired players like bellamy and giggs)... heres mine

You forgot Nicky B, shame.

You forgot Nicky B, shame.

Wouldnt have him in the squad. may aswell have Park and Chamakh

Its only over a week and i miss it already!!
    CIubsq7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

heres a challenge,

i guarantee you that team would finish mid table at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TUBBY wrote: »

Could easily win a cup too.

TUBBY wrote: »
    No pace apart from Cole, no wingers, strikers who haven't been in good recent form, and no real shape to the midfield. That team would struggle to be honest. Better teams have gone down,.

• Advertisement

You know we are struggling for news when people are discussing a fictional team of released players and all their shortcomings.

Quazzie wrote: »
    No pace apart from Cole, no wingers, strikers who haven't been in good recent form, and no real shape to the midfield. That team would struggle to be honest. Better teams have gone down,.

pick a better team from the list then...

pick a better team from the list then...

I'm not saying it's not the best team on the list, I'm just saying it wouldn't finish mid table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Every so often I remember that we get to play in the charity shield again.

Yay!

Though I've heard that City are trying to pay to have it moved to their ground for a ten am kickoff

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

gosplan wrote: »
    Every so often I remember that we get to play in the charity shield again.

Yay!

Though I've heard that City are trying to pay to have it moved to their ground for a ten am kickoff

As long as its not 12.45 on a saturday we're grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I wonder would PSG be more willing to sell Cavani now to balance their books as it were. Would be perfect.

I wonder would PSG be more willing to sell Cavani now to balance their books as it were. Would be perfect.

If we got him and still had Arteta as our DM, we would walk the league. Special player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Its only over a week and i miss it already!!
    CIubsq7.gif

On a brighter note, CL final tonight. Also World Cup starting soon. :)

You know we are struggling for news when people are discussing a fictional team of released players and all their shortcomings.

7 days since we last won a trophy too... Getting worried about this famine :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

If we fail to qualify for the Champions League group stages, will Arsenal's 2013/2014 season go down as a failure?

If we fail to qualify for the Champions League group stages, will Arsenal's 2013/2014 season go down as a failure?

It will be a bit of a setback alright but sure that takes place in the 14/15 season so will apply to then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

No, but it will be a bad start to the 2014/2015 season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Cesc Fabregas apparently left out of Barca's new kit launch pictures on their website.

Would ye have him back?

Augmerson wrote: »
    Cesc Fabregas apparently left out of Barca's new kit launch pictures on their website.

Would ye have him back?

Barca have a Nike kit and Fabregas is under 100% sponsorship with Puma meaning he can't appear in any Nike ads as far as i know.

Augmerson wrote: »

Would ye have him back?

My heart says yes, my head no, especially if his purchase means we don't reinforce in defensive midfield and/or up front.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt mind QPR losing here. Got used to not seeing Harry around and could drive the price down for Remy if we want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Derby play good football too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Would also much prefer derby in the less redknapp and more importantly less joey Barton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

50million for the Luiz the world of football has gone bat **** crazy.

Kos must be worth about a 100 million so.

sickener for Derby

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement