Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

dvemail wrote: »
    Barca have a Nike kit and Fabregas is under 100% sponsorship with Puma meaning he can't appear in any Nike ads as far as i know.

Puma Hmmm the plot thickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Di Maria is class, would love him here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Cassias is **** lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Cassias is **** lol

Like the flower?
    Well it's not the prettiest but thats kinda unfair :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

New rumour from Twitterland
    Wenger on French TV #CLFinal : "Karim could play his last game for Real Madrid today, I'm sure he'll play in PL one day."

I've always loved Benzema so I'm going to believe this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Di Maria would be some player to have on the left wing

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

I hope to god that any previous speculation linking morata to arsenal is poppycock. As for lazy benzema, as limited as giroud is is take over both of them.

dibs101 wrote: »
    I hope to god that any previous speculation linking morata to arsenal is poppycock. As for lazy benzema, as limited as giroud is is take over both of them.

Don't think you could use this game as an indicator, at that rate you would have Giroud over ronaldo and bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Real Madrid lost the league because Morata and Benzema couldn't fill Ronaldo's or Bale's shoes when they were injured.

We need a striker who can match Aguero or Suarez - Morata and Benzema are shíte compared to those two. In fact, Morata and Benzema aren't even strikers, so I'm not sure why people are even suggesting buying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ozil must feel bad now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ozil must feel bad now

I dont think so, at the end of the day they got rid of him and he didnt have a say in it so had to accept it.

There goes any chance we had of getting di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Real Madrid lost the league because Morata and Benzema couldn't fill Ronaldo's or Bale's shoes when they were injured.

We need a striker who can match Aguero or Suarez - Morata and Benzema are shíte compared to those two. In fact, Morata and Benzema aren't even strikers, so I'm not sure why people are even suggesting buying them.

Who do you suggest ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Who do you suggest?

are yee the same person? :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    are yee the same person? :pac:

No, 2 people with great minds :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I dont rate Benzema that highly either TBH, not for the sort of money it would take to get him here. Would rather spend 10m on the like of Demba Ba or Bony then 30 mil on Benzema.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I dont rate Benzema that highly either TBH, not for the sort of money it would take to get him here. Would rather spend 10m on the like of Demba Ba or Bony then 30 mil on Benzema.

They're not bad options but I'd rather pay the extra for Benzema

Cavani for me. If not id rather spend the big money elsewhere and get Remy or Bacca.

• Advertisement

Anyone but Mandzukic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    No, 2 people with great minds :-D

Fools seldom differ :pac:

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ozil must feel bad now

Hiding it well :) Sure he'll be lifting it next season anyway :pac:

10354148_650382011707041_8544817216768242654_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Bony cost Swansea 18M!!

He will not go cheap.

Loving this

BobvrcnCAAAS3T-.png

Loving this

BobvrcnCAAAS3T-.png

I love how they even put Moyes in with the Charity Shield :pac:

Jose No Trophy!

• Advertisement

Fools seldom differ :pac:

There's always one !

stuchyg wrote: »
    Don't think you could use this game as an indicator, at that rate you would have Giroud over ronaldo and bale

Absolutely not. Ronaldo was not fit and I felt that bale was brilliant tonight although he missed a few chances he always wanted the ball and looked to make something happen. Unsure if benzema touched the ball a total of 5 times in total. He is lazy and I do not want le boss to splash the cash on him. He is an obvious weak link in that Madrid forward line and if they do look to replace him with Suarez I hope to god we don't pick up benzema as a result.

Absolutely not. Ronaldo was not fit and I felt that bale was brilliant tonight although he missed a few chances he always wanted the ball and looked to make something happen. Unsure if benzema touched the ball a total of 5 times in total. He is lazy and I do not want le boss to splash the cash on him. He is an obvious weak link in that Madrid forward line and if they do look to replace him with Suarez I hope to god we don't pick up benzema as a result.

I really don't think that a striker who Real Madrid hold onto and play week in week out for 5 full seasons can be considered a weak link. Weak links are removed by Real Madrid. They are pretty ruthless about it.

Di Maria is class, would love him here.

Was super tonight. When all the powder puff forwards disappeared, Di Maria was excellent.

Really sickened about Atletico. A bit of a cynical team but in terms of team spirit they emphasise anything that is right about modern day football. Love Simeone!

• Advertisement

Loving this

Id like even more if we could flood Abramovich and Mourinhos inbox with it. :D

I really don't think that a striker who Real Madrid hold onto and play week in week out for 5 full seasons can be considered a weak link. Weak links are removed by Real Madrid. They are pretty ruthless about it.

He is the obvious weak link in THAT Real Madrid forward line. They would be unstoppable if Suarez was there instead of him. He was useless tonight, he has averaged less than 15 league goals a season over them 5 years, hardly prolific in a team of that stature that has scored over a 100 league goals in each of those 5 seasons. They can keep him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

One thing that the match gave me last night is a longing for a full back that can take on people.

gosplan wrote: »
    One thing that the match gave me last night is a longing for a full back that can take on people.

Seamus Coleman or Serge Aurier

Benzema has never filled me with confidence either but who else is there realistically?

Balotelli is been mentioned.

Benzema has never filled me with confidence either but who else is there realistically?

Balotelli is been mentioned.

Remember the stunt that ancelotti/Madrid pulled last year with the higuain price? Don't expect any different if we went for benzema.... All our eggs in one basket then at the last minute cough up 40 million please or do one. Don't want to pay 40 million for benzema and certainly don't want to be scrambling on the bargain basement when Madrid jack up the price. Madrid will want to get as much cash as possible in to finance a Suarez deal, just like higuain deal for bale last year. No thanks.

He is the obvious weak link in THAT Real Madrid forward line. They would be unstoppable if Suarez was there instead of him. He was useless tonight, he has averaged less than 15 league goals a season over them 5 years, hardly prolific in a team of that stature that has scored over a 100 league goals in each of those 5 seasons. They can keep him...
    He has 72 goals in 159 games, which is just under a goal every other game. His awareness of other players is brilliant.

I think he would be brilliant in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's rather have Remy and Fabregas than Benzema. the price that would need to be paid for him plus the wages he'd want would get it's much better options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

He has 72 goals in 159 games, which is just under a goal every game. His awareness of other players is brilliant.

I think he would be brilliant in the Premier League.

To be fair, it's a lot under a goal a game.

To be fair, it's a lot under a goal a game.

Absolutely, I left out the word other! (Corrected now)

• Advertisement

Absolutely, I left out the word other! (Corrected now)

:-)

But I don't think that level of goal scoring in a team like Madrid is anything special. I think he's a good player, I don't think he's an improvement on Giroud though.
    We need someone more prolific IMO. A nippy Ian Wright type player.

But I don't think that level of goal scoring in a team like Madrid is anything special. I think he's a good player, I don't think he's an improvement on Giroud though.

Real Madrid thought he was better player for them than Higuain

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

iirc Benzema is in the last year of his contract now so would probably cost around 20m.

I'd wager someone like Bony would cost just as much considering he wasn't cheap for Swansea last year. This may be the start of the summer and everyone is optimistic that Arsenal can get a real top class striker but unless it's say Cavani there are not too many at a higher level than Benzema and especially not at a decent price (due to his contract) which might mean money could be invested elsewhere also.

Serge Aurier (6m sterling with transfermarkt.com but lets say 8m)
    Antoine Griezmann (20m)
    Benzema (20m)

thats the price of 1 Ozil, very doable for Arsenal, then if you keep Vermaelen (who hasnt been linked away recently) all you need is a new DM as Arteta seems to be losing his legs (upgrade needed anyway) and sure if Arsene wants to go Crazy he could always bring back Fabergas too but thats going a bit far for right now

Real Madrid thought he was better player for them than Higuain

They did. I don't think Higuain was worth 37mill either though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I have the feeling we will have many disappointed fans in here, come the end of August. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If Giroud played for Madrid, he'd have a similar scoring record and a bunch of great assists under his belt too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd rather Remy and an expensive LW than Benzema, really don't rate the guy, not basing it on last night either. Morata didn't look up to a whole lot but I seriously doubt our interest in him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Quazzie wrote: »
    It's rather have Remy and Fabregas than Benzema. the price that would need to be paid for him plus the wages he'd want would get it's much better options.
    He'd be cheaper than Fabregas. And is someone we actually need.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some sites linking us with Khedira today and saying he'd be available for as little as 15m, but only if we can't get Cesc apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Remy over Benzema has the world gone nuts?

Remy 27 who has always played at average clubs never convincing a top team or manager to take a punt on him a player who has never set to world alight I really really don't get the love for him in here he be a decent squad player but not the top class player we need or even close.

Give me Benzema or Balotelli every day of the week over him.

I'd also take Khedira I know from talking to a few Real Madrid fans he's meant to have had a bad season but that can be expected given his injury at 15 million be mad not to considering United got turned down last year at 30 odd million.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement