Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Roaster wrote: »
    I really don't think AW will touch Ballotelli. He couldn't handle Nicky B FFS and he's only 10% of the headcase this fella is.

And at best 10% the player too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Premiereleague.com team of the season features 5 Arsenal players

original

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Premiereleague.com team of the season features 5 Arsenal players

original

So the two players most moaned about Ozil and Giroud made it........interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I like that very much, but not one City player, no Yaya Toure for instance?

Detecting just a wee bit of bias here in favour of the team that finished 4th in the league ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It was voted for by the fans, so obviously a load of Arsenal ones voted.

[edit] or at least I think so

greendom wrote: »

Detecting just a wee bit of bias here in favour of the team that finished 4th in the league ;)

The seemed to have bucketed players and Yaya was in Rambos section only.

It's definitely not the team if the season for sure

greendom wrote: »

Yea did notice not once City player in it but two Everton players managed to make it,along with Liverpool and Chelsea.

It is a bit flawed no doubt but premiereleague.com team is picked by fans while premiereleague.com provide a shortlist of players using opta stats on players performance over the coarse of the season showing even for some of our players to have made the shortlists they haven't has as bad a season as some people like to make out.

Ozil for instance was ahead of the much applauded Silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsenal Fan TV is quality, best thing on the box!! :pac:

There's a lot of fcukin oddballs out there all the same

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    There's a lot of fcukin oddballs out there all the same

Agreed, Bully and Claude are car crash telly though :D

Raf32 wrote: »

The guy who had to stop before he cried was embarrassing!

Bully is a funny guy

Do you really need Fabregas? :(

Rumours bouncing around this morning about him coming back to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Do you really need Fabregas? :(

No. But if it means you lot getting him, yes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

25 years lads.

Twenty five fcuking years!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Soups123 wrote: »
    So the two players most moaned about Ozil and Giroud made it........interesting

Its fan voted. No way in hell was Giroud good enough for Team of The Season.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Its fan voted. No way in hell was Giroud good enough for Team of The Season.

But your missing the point, yes it's fan voted. But premiereleague.com provided the shortlists of players based on performance stats for the season.

Meaning the fact Giroud made it goes against a lot of the comments that have been made about him.

But your missing the point, yes it's fan voted. But premiereleague.com provided the shortlists of players based on performance stats for the season.

Meaning the fact Giroud made it goes against a lot of the comments that have been made about him.

I'm not missing the point, I just really don't think hes good enough and stats outside of goals and assists won't change my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Claude is the worst though, you wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack he gets that worked up plus he's blows hot and cold on players and Wenger every week.

Bully just blames the ref's and call's Mikel crap.

the best on the show for me is Moh, he's probably the most level headed guy and speaks the most sense.

Robbie and his crew do an amazing job. Without doubt the best Team Fan Tv on youtube, unless someone can find a better one.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Claude is the worst though, you wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack he gets that worked up plus he's blows hot and cold on players and Wenger every week.

Bully just blames the ref's and call's Mikel crap.

the best on the show for me is Moh, he's probably the most level headed guy and speaks the most sense.

Robbie and his crew do an amazing job. Without doubt the best Team Fan Tv on youtube, unless someone can find a better one.

I get a good laugh out of Chris too. Gas man. I enjoy the interviews. All certainly passionate about the team its fair to say.

Is Moh trying to organise a Puma boycott or am i thinking of someone else? Basically the message the boycott is trying to relay, 'if you dont spend then we wont spend'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah yes. Those good old family clubs who are worth a billion pounds and charge their own supporters the most in the country to go watch them play.

It's a good thing Arsenal has rich families following it. :p

Doesnt cost me a cent watching them on MOTD :p

• Advertisement

I'm not missing the point, I just really don't think hes good enough and stats outside of goals and assists won't change my mind.

Look I agree we need another option to play alongside Giroud or in his place at times but he's far better than a lot in here give him credit for at the same time.

If goals are all that interest you, Giroud scored one less than Rooney this season in the EPL and 2 more than Remy who people strangely have been crying out for, along with one more than Lukaku.

Suarez scored 10 more than Sturridge in second at 21.

There aren't to many Suarez around, Aguero may have matched him had he stayed injury free, but other than them two any other CF is a step down and there aren't many around of there caliber.

No. But if it means you lot getting him, yes :pac:

Ouch Burn :pac:

We would have to pay over the odds because of nonsense bidding last year and I'm not sure if he would be willing to do without CL footie.

Really can't see where he would fit into your squad now though and would he be guaranteed a starting place??
    Yuz should be 'gunning' for a striker instead.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ouch Burn :pac:

We would have to pay over the odds because of nonsense bidding last year and I'm not sure if he would be willing to do without CL footie.

Really can't see where he would fit into your squad now though and would he be guaranteed a starting place??
    Yuz should be 'gunning' for a striker instead

I don't think he would be guaranteed a starting place would certainly mean we would have world class players fighting over places though.

A CF or DM or LW I agree should be our priority, if we can still manage Fabregas after that then go for it, I certainly wouldn't argue on it.

Spurs they have such a rich history so much to be proud of :pac::pac:

10338323_528842140559565_4885875424281373560_n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Spurs they have such a rich history so much to be proud of :pac::pac:

10338323_528842140559565_4885875424281373560_n.png

One of the comments underneath: "tune in tomorrow for "on this day 2012, we took inventory of the club stationary cupboard"

:pac:

I definitely think an arsenal fan is running that account. Constantly teeing themselves up for abuse with every tweet :pac:

I definitely think an arsenal fan is running that account. Constantly teeing themselves up for abuse with every tweet :pac:

Tim Sherwood? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Just back after a little two week holiday in the sin bin, FA cup! Ja gunners Ja! Looking forward to another headwrecking transfer window

Look I agree we need another option to play alongside Giroud or in his place at times but he's far better than a lot in here give him credit for at the same time.

If goals are all that interest you, Giroud scored one less than Rooney this season in the EPL and 2 more than Remy who people strangely have been crying out for, along with one more than Lukaku.

Suarez scored 10 more than Sturridge in second at 21.

There aren't to many Suarez around, Aguero may have matched him had he stayed injury free, but other than them two any other CF is a step down and there aren't many around of there caliber.

Look if you're going to do goal stats lets at least give context:

Giroud - 16 goals in 3069 minutes - goal every 192 minutes
    Rooney - 17 goals in 2445 minutes - goal every 144 minutes
    Remy - 14 goals in 2097 minutes - goal every 150 minutes
    Lukaku - 15 goals in 2598 minutes - goal every 173 minutes

More importantly IMO is that Remy was playing in a significantly worse team, Lukaku and Rooney in slightly worse teams. Lukaku is my dream signing, hes hitting these stats at the age of 21 (2 seasons in a row too), I'm almost certain he'll become world class and would love it if we tried Chelsea's hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

9 days since we last won a cup :(

Need to sack wenger.

• Advertisement

Look if you're going to do goal stats lets at least give context:

Giroud - 16 goals in 3069 minutes - goal every 192 minutes
    Rooney - 17 goals in 2445 minutes - goal every 144 minutes
    Remy - 14 goals in 2097 minutes - goal every 150 minutes
    Lukaku - 15 goals in 2598 minutes - goal every 173 minutes

More importantly IMO is that Remy was playing in a significantly worse team, Lukaku and Rooney in slightly worse teams. Lukaku is my dream signing, hes hitting these stats at the age of 21 (2 seasons in a row too), I'm almost certain he'll become world class and would love it if we tried Chelsea's hand.

But see could twist that argument to say Remy is playing in a team where is the key player in fact he's the only goal threat Newcastle had therefore he should be banging in lots why because every single player in that team got the ball and looked for Remy were as at Arsenal he would no longer be the star player and would have to work harder and be more of a team player ;).

Almost Charlies Adams syndrome and Blackpool star man, star performer stepped up a level to Liverpool and struggled badly.

On Lukaku I'd take like I've said all along a player young full of potential or go all out and sign an established world beater. Remy doesn't fit into either category.

Giroud also has 8 assists putting him in the top ten assists league along with Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla.

Look once again I'm not sayin he is the best in the league but he is not as bad as people like to make it out to be and you said all that matters is goals and assists and he features well in both.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Just back after a little two week holiday in the sin bin, FA cup! Ja gunners Ja! Looking forward to another headwrecking transfer window

Did you hurt the poor little kopites feelings by any chance? Oh Cant be doing that..... :pac:

9 days since we last won a cup :(

Need to sack wenger.

And no sign of him signing a player to address the problem either :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

So if we do actually have a buy back clause of £30 million for Cesc.
    Who would ye rather, him or Sanchez for the same amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

@Arsenal are live tweeting the Liverpool game as it happens from 25 years ago right now.

Made this comparison between Giroud and some strikers, obvious pinch of salt for Mandzukic's as Bayern win most games by 59 goals

6beb60348d62f73e86a03ea21674f605.png

Biggest concern would be losing Giroud's defensive work, particularly if we don't sign a tall DM

Benzema looks to be very creative, though could be skewed by playing beside Ronaldo.

woohoo, we can do this

Adams makes a darting little run… AND SMITH! AND #ARSENAL HAVE SCORED! 1-0 (52) #Anfield89 http://t.co/yNk9OEYtrM

THOMAS… IT'S UP FOR GRABS NOW! THOMAS! RIGHT AT THE END! #Anfield89 2-0 (90)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I see Dani Alves looks like he's heading to PSG- that might mean Van Der Wiel is available as a right back- worth a look I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Brilliant stuff from the Arsenal Twitter account tonight. Great use of social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

That was just sheer class from the official Arsenal account tonight

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 39m
    Marshall only signed new contract in Feb. I'm not aware of a clause, so unless there is one Cardiff will want big money. Arsenal will haggle
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 42m
    I should add that a player being rated at £15m by a club does not mean he will end up costing that much. Cardiff's valuation, not Arsenal's
    Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 45m
    Arsenal set to move for £15m-rated Cardiff keeper Marshall as Fabianski nears Swansea switch #afc #bluebirds #swans http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10857314/Arsenal-poised-to-swoop-for-Cardiff-City-goalkeeper-David-Marshall.html
    View summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

Not sure how reliable this guy is. Would be a weird signing, supposed to be very good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 39m
    Marshall only signed new contract in Feb. I'm not aware of a clause, so unless there is one Cardiff will want big money. Arsenal will haggle
    Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 42m
    I should add that a player being rated at £15m by a club does not mean he will end up costing that much. Cardiff's valuation, not Arsenal's
    Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 45m
    Arsenal set to move for £15m-rated Cardiff keeper Marshall as Fabianski nears Swansea switch #afc #bluebirds #swans http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10857314/Arsenal-poised-to-swoop-for-Cardiff-City-goalkeeper-David-Marshall.html
    View summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

Not sure how reliable this guy is. Would be a weird signing, supposed to be very good though.

He's had a great season but at 29 he'd be wanting first team football

Seen a few rumours that we've put in a bid for Griezmann about 20 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Why would we pay 15mil for a 29 year old keeper? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Reports coming out that Ramsey will be going for surgery on his thigh over the summer months.
    Hope this doesn't effect his pre-season or the start of next season.

Edit:
    Scratch that. From the man himself..

Aaron Ramsey ‏@aaronramsey 49s
    Please ignore any stories about me needing surgery. They are completely false. I'm enjoying my summer and already can't wait for pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Why would we pay 15mil for a 29 year old keeper? :O

We won't.
    Just because he's valued at 15m by Cardiff that doesn't mean we'll be willing to pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Aaron Ramsey ‏@aaronramsey 2m
    Please ignore any stories about me needing surgery. They are completely false. I'm enjoying my summer and already can't wait for pre-season.

Good good.

Aaron Ramsey

2 mins ·

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The Mail have deleted the page :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement