Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I love when these papers get called up on their bull**** directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »

It's interesting that Chelsea are in the bottom 3 in each of the last 4 years. What's their secret? Big squad, or is there more to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you pay your staff top dollar, you attract talented people. It's no coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Kirby wrote: »
    If you pay your staff top dollar, you attract talented people. It's no coincidence.

Well that's nonsense anyway a lot of Arsenal's medical staff are highly regarded.

There is something a miss yes but to make out Arsenal cheap out on medical staff or equipment is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

It's interesting that Chelsea are in the bottom 3 in each of the last 4 years. What's their secret? Big squad, or is there more to it.

stoke are the other stand out team over the 4 years, "don't pull out of a tackle" was the first thing came to my mind there, not the reason though i'd think

them tables are pretty useless on their own, you need far more to draw any conclusions other than - arsenal have a bad record

so in 10/11 & 11/12 only chelsea & city spent more than wigan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Pochettino is the new Spurs manager! Reckon he could do very well with them! Feel bad for Southampton! Soon their best players will be gone too!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27579306

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

So Sagna officially leaving.

Not a surprise but a pity, particularly after the highs of the cup win.

I can't quite let myself wish him well as it seems like it's about the money.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9327658/transfer-news-bacary-sagna-tells-arsenal-he-is-leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well that's nonsense anyway a lot of Arsenal's medical staff are highly regarded.

There is something a miss yes but to make out Arsenal cheap out on medical staff or equipment is wrong.

So...there is something amiss. But its not the staff. Or the equipment. :rolleyes:

It's not some enigma that takes a super computer to figure out. If the staff are recommending training and treatments that result in higher instances of injury than at other clubs.....then its the staff that needs changing. Get your head out of the clouds. It looks like Wenger has finally reached the same conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Giroud just scored a cracker for France

https://vine.co/v/MdKA9XMdeeb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭lertsnim

got a sweet header just now also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Like the look of Griezmann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

greendom wrote: »
    Like the look of Griezmann

Freddie Ljungberg mark 2 imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

First, we have Diaby so that's 375 days right there.

Also if you look at the profile of the players we have that pick up injuries, it's Ramsey, Walcott, Wilshire, Ox etc.

All small mobile technical players.

Not saying we can't improve it but I always thought there was something in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gosplan wrote: »
    First, we have Diaby so that's 375 days right there.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

omega man wrote: »
    So Sagna officially leaving.

Not a surprise but a pity, particularly after the highs of the cup win.

I can't quite let myself wish him well as it seems like it's about the money.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9327658/transfer-news-bacary-sagna-tells-arsenal-he-is-leaving

Or possibly winning trophies bigger than the FA cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its been clear for a very long time that he wanted more money from Arsenal than they were willing to give him. Its about money, completely.

He is going to City (likely) in full knowledge knowing he will be a bench player, money has ruined football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I think with a few players coming in this summer it'll be our best chance of winning BIGGER trophies than the FA Cup for quite a while. Personally I wish him well, great player and servant to the club the last 7 years, and even better that he signed off on a high note with lifting one of the most famous domestic cups in world football ;)

• Advertisement

So...there is something amiss. But its not the staff. Or the equipment. :rolleyes:

It's not some enigma that takes a super computer to figure out. If the staff are recommending training and treatments that result in higher instances of injury than at other clubs.....then its the staff that needs changing. Get your head out of the clouds. It looks like Wenger has finally reached the same conclusion.

Roll your eyes all you want but your still talking Shiite.

Proclaiming Arsenal have injury problems due to being cheap is miseducated tripe next you'll be saying Wenger is only concerned with balancing the books or some other garbage.

There is something a miss but millions have been spent on Colney and plans are a foot to spend a lot more. Arsenal also have highly regarded staff some of whom were poached to the club.

But yea take the lazy uneducated route and blame it on going cheap.

Lets not forget Wenger revolutionised nutrition and fitness in the EPL its not something he takes lightly or has ever gone cheap on.

The fact turtyturd thanked that post says it all ;) apart from City we had a more successful season than Liverpool, United and Chelsea there's nothing to suggest players won't win trophies at Arsenal, in fact the possibilities look better than they have for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

The fact turtyturd thanked that post says it all ;) apart from City we had a more successful season than Liverpool, United and Chelsea there's nothing to suggest players won't win trophies at Arsenal, in fact the possibilities look better than they have for a few years.

Hilarious, its gone from winning no trophies to only winning the FA Cup.

Seems like certain fans really dont like the fact that we had a more successful season than them...

Ah so that's what the new line is going to be, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭handsfree

Arsenal are eyeing move for #PSG's excellent 19-year-old midfielder Adrien Rabiot, says well informed @Nabil_djellit http://t.co/bRKy51JFdn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

That thread about Dwight Gayle is interesting. He really looks like a prospect for the future. Has lots of pace, good build and has composure beyond his years. He is definitely the type of player AW could improve. I think he's as good as Theo when we got him.

Palace would probably let him go for a little more than what they paid and I'm sure he'd jump at a chance to go to Arsenal even if it meant only 20 odd games a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hyzepher wrote: »
    That thread about Dwight Gayle is interesting. He really looks like a prospect for the future. Has lots of pace, good build and has composure beyond his years. He is definitely the type of player AW could improve. I think he's as good as Theo when we got him.

Palace would probably let him go for a little more than what they paid and I'm sure he'd jump at a chance to go to Arsenal even if it meant only 20 odd games a year

We need players who can do the job now, not in four years time. He would be a luxury signing rather than one we actually need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hyzepher wrote: »

Gayle is 24 and has played almost exclusively in the lower tiers. Walcott was 17 (?) and starting for Soton at the time. Worlds apart imo. We need to be doing better than Dwight Gayle.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dwight Gayle? Is this part of a running joke I'm missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Raf32 wrote: »
    He is going to City (likely) in full knowledge knowing he will be a bench player, money has ruined football.

He's turning 32 next season, gave his best years to us (and always 100%), never agitated for a move and its his last big contract. Not ideal he's going to City but I won't begrudge Bac his payday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

From the Arsenal twitter account

Tonight’s Arsenal Lotto rollover jackpot is an incredible est. £16.2M! All prizes funded by Lotto Network. Play now: http://bit.ly/1gzAX2j

Any players here???
    [IMG]http://<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>Tonight’s Arsenal Lotto rollover jackpot is an incredible est. £16.2M! All prizes funded by Lotto Network. Play now: <a href="<a href=http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo&quot target=_blank><a href=http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo&quot target=_blank><a href=http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo&quot target=_blank>[/img]http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo&quot</a></a></a>;><a href=http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo target=_blank><a href=http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo target=_blank><a href=http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo target=_blank>http://t.co/Qa3MuuXIXo</a></a></a></a></p>— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) <a href="<a href= target=_blank><a href= target=_blank><a href= target=_blank>https://twitter.com/Arsenal/statuses/471572844942725120&quot</a></a></a>;>May 28, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Dwight Gayle? Is this part of a running joke I'm missing?
    He is the next jonjo shelvey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

In 2 minds about Sagna to be honest. He's hardly a pauper so this idea that he'll be starving and forced to wear sackcloth if he doesnt get "one final payday" is a bit disingenuous. He doesnt need the money, I'm sure the offer Arsenal made him will keep the wolves from the door. I dont see why he has to go to City and would rather he didnt.

cson wrote: »
    He's turning 32 next season, gave his best years to us (and always 100%), never agitated for a move and its his last big contract. Not ideal he's going to City but I won't begrudge Bac his payday.

His mindset is all wrong though. He is the second best right back in the league so the one team he should stay away from is the team with a right back clearly better than him. Go to PSG, get just as much money, play week in and week out ( which should be the ambition of every player). He served us well but i cant wish him any luck going to a rival and will be shocked if many fans do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Raf32 wrote: »
    His mindset is all wrong though. He is the second best right back in the league so the one team he should stay away from is the team with a right back clearly better than him. Go to PSG, get just as much money, play week in and week out ( which should be the ambition of every player). He served us well but i cant wish him any luck going to a rival and will be shocked if many fans do.

I have to say that I am of the same opinion.
    Its the fact that he is leaving us to go to our rivals that really stops me from being happy for him.
    Would have absolutely no problem with him going to PSG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Am I reading people correctly in that they are now criticising Arsenal for 'only winning the FA Cup'?

Can people stop parroting Mourino quotes...

Am I reading people correctly in that they are now criticising Arsenal for 'only winning the FA Cup'?

Can people stop parroting Mourino quotes...

And pool fans no less.....

Sure they can't use the 4th place trophy joke anymore so this is the next logical move.

omega man wrote: »
    And pool fans no less.....

Sure they can't use the 4th place trophy joke anymore so this is the next logical move.

Yea but sure they had a better season they won the 2nd place trophy :pac:

Yea but sure they had a better season they won the 2nd place trophy :pac:

This one?

The fact that we won a trophy wont stop the sniping at the club, be it from other fans or the media.

"So Arsene, are you aware that its now 25 years since Arsenal won the FAIRS Cup? Is that acceptable for a club like Arsenal?"

Just hearing Lallana may be going to Spurs for 30 million. Mad money for a player whos had one decent season. While on the topic of him the media over in England have been singing his praises all season and yet they have been crucifying Ozil and our man has the far superior statistics. Lallana with 10 goals and 8 assists in 42 games whereas Ozil had 8 goals and 14 assists in the same amount of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

handsfree wrote: »
    Arsenal are eyeing move for #PSG's excellent 19-year-old midfielder Adrien Rabiot, says well informed @Nabil_djellit http://t.co/bRKy51JFdn

Would love to see us sign him, he's a huge talent and would be perfect in a couple years partnering Rambo in the middle.

Watched PSG against L'Orient at Parc Des Princes last season and he was the standout player apart from Pastore, I couldn't believe he was only 18 when I read up on him. Strong and tall, reminded me of Diaby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just hearing Lallana may be going to Spurs for 30 million. Mad money for a player whos had one decent season. While on the topic of him the media over in England have been singing his praises all season and yet they have been crucifying Ozil and our man has the far superior statistics. Lallana with 10 goals and 8 assists in 42 games whereas Ozil had 8 goals and 14 assists in the same amount of games.

In fairness Ozil cost more than 40 million and came with the reputation as one of the best in the world in his position, which so far he hasn't lived up to consistently. Nobody would have mentioned Adam Lallana and Mesut Ozil in the same breath this time last year, but here you are comparing them now.

That's not to say Ozil won't come good, but Lallana has played very well in the past year and his stock has risen considerably as a result.

The figure of 30 million would not surprise me at all given the way the transfer market has gone lately. David Luiz anyone?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Would love to see us sign him, he's a huge talent and would be perfect in a couple years partnering Rambo in the middle.

Watched PSG against L'Orient at Parc Des Princes last season and he was the standout player apart from Pastore, I couldn't believe he was only 18 when I read up on him. Strong and tall, reminded me of Diaby.

In a good way, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

When arsenal win the EPL, people say aww u aint won the CL yet!

Then when we win that they will aww but you aint won the bloody treble yet!

rinse repeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

keano_afc wrote: »
    In a good way, right?

Well he was on the pitch, that's all we ever needed with Abou in fairness.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When arsenal win the EPL, people say aww u aint won the CL yet!

Then when we win that they will aww but you aint won the bloody treble yet!

rinse repeat

Sure back during the late nineties early 2000's we were constantly criticised for not winning the CL or back to back PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

why do people hate arsenal? what have we done?

In fairness Ozil cost more than 40 million and came with the reputation as one of the best in the world in his position, which so far he hasn't lived up to consistently. Nobody would have mentioned Adam Lallana and Mesut Ozil in the same breath this time last year, but here you are comparing them now.

That's not to say Ozil won't come good, but Lallana has played very well in the past year and his stock has risen considerably as a result.

The figure of 30 million would not surprise me at all given the way the transfer market has gone lately. David Luiz anyone?

I am not comparing them in terms of talent because in my opinion Lallana wouldn't lace Ozil's boots. My comparison of them is with the way the media have portrayed one of them of having a great season and the other having a poor season when the player who supposedly had the poor season his stats where very similar if not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

City will sign sagna to play CB I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

City will sign sagna to play CB I reckon

He'll be a backup at most. There's no way City keep him in the starting 11.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement