Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Ego is way past it to build a team with. Maybe a quick fix, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I agree, we tend do things like a mid table club with no funds whatsoever so now choice blooding younger lads. Throwing in a youngster with a bright future is grand in cup games and the like. We should be buying quality NOW and rotating anybody with a future and let them learn of the senior players.

As for Eto, he is well well past being useful. Would rather have Sonny then Eto the mercenary TBH.

Yes.
    Sagna, who was our best r/b will go to City and will be lucky to be second choice.
    This is not the time for gap-filling at Arsenal.
    We have the money so let's spend it and buy quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Latest rumour is that Wenger doesn't think Aurier is ready and is interested in Uchida from Schalke. Would prefer one of Piszczek, Juanfran or Coleman and will be annoyed if we don't spend money on such an important position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Latest rumour is that Wenger doesn't think Aurier is ready and is interested in Uchida from Schalke. Would prefer one of Piszczek, Juanfran or Coleman and will be annoyed if we don't spend money on such an important position.

Uchida is terrible, way too weak for the premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

When is Wenger signing this contract then? I though this would have been well announced by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

shano_88 wrote: »
    When is Wenger signing this contract then? I though this would have been well announced by now.

Never mind that spend the money on a quality player and then get him to sign up. That chap would work for free at this stage......

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jenkinson is already a better crosser than Sagna was at least, so that's one thing he has going for him. I actually agree with Marty that he will prove the doubter wrong but I also do not want to go into the season with just him or even him as first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jenkinson is already a better crosser than Sagna was at least, so that's one thing he has going for him. I actually agree with Marty that he will prove the doubter wrong but I also do not want to go into the season with just him or even him as first choice.

We need back up for the lad, he's not the finished article and one week he can be great and another he can have a right clanger.

Apart from Griezmann, I don't like who we've been linked to right now, yes it could be a load of old rubbish and B.S transfer rumours. but too many ok to good players not enough world beaters or class names been mentioned yet. Players like Remy and Vela would be good squad players but if they came as first choice signings I seriously would hit the roof. It's still very early yet so by the end of June I would like to hear a few big names been mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Looper007 wrote: »
    We need back up for the lad, he's not the finished article and one week he can be great and another he can have a right clanger.

Apart from Griezmann, I don't like who we've been linked to right now, yes it could be a load of old rubbish and B.S transfer rumours. but too many ok to good players not enough world beaters or class names been mentioned yet. Players like Remy and Vela would be good squad players but if they came as first choice signings I seriously would hit the roof. It's still very early yet so by the end of June I would like to hear a few big names been mentioned.

How far in advance did we know about Özil? 9 times out of 10, the player we sign is not the one the media have been talking about us signing.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How far in advance did we know about Özil? 9 times out of 10, the player we sign is not the one the media have been talking about us signing.

That's true. I really don't want a last minute end of august thing again would love us to get a few in before the season starts and leave the best to the last minute maybe :D. But I like for us to go into the season with our new players bedded in and we hit the ground running. We are three to four players away from a league title winning team. some common sense from Wenger and filling the positions that have been our weak spots in the past two seasons with top quality, I think we can go all the way and hopefully go a season when our top players don't get serious injuries would be nice.

Wilshire getting some crap from England fan's, hope he has a storming world cup and proves the doubters wrong. I read one comment saying he couldn't pick a pass and lacks any skill. I still think he's the best midfielder England have to unlock Defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wilshire getting some crap from England fan's, hope he has a storming world cup and proves the doubters wrong. I read one comment saying he couldn't pick a pass and lacks any skill. I still think he's the best midfielder England have to unlock Defences.

I kinda hope he doesn't play a minute and comes back fit, don't really care what the English fans think of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Remember we signed big Sol.
    Arsenal had a press conference and everyone was expecting Richard Wright to be presented :D

salmocab wrote: »
    I kinda hope he doesn't play a minute and comes back fit, don't really care what the English fans think of him.

Nah I want him to prove the doubters like Scholes wrong. Too much hate going around that Arsenal are holding him back. Him having a awesome world cup and him coming back fit as a fiddle and rearing to go for the season would be a massive plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

salmocab wrote: »

We'd be better off with him playing and playing well. Will do his confidence worlds of good.

• Advertisement

We'd be better off with him playing and playing well. Will do his confidence worlds of good.

I like Wilshere alot but I think he believes his own hype too much. He had one decent season and it went to his head. Wenger should really sit him down and tell him is had one decent season as a footballer and needs to knuckle down and stop the messing. I know injuries did not help but some of the games he has had for arsenal were dire.

Would have Ramsey over him in a heartbeat, he would start just ahead of Arteta for me if fit and thats not saying alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I like Wilshere alot but I think he believes his own hype too much. He had one decent season and it went to his head. Wenger should really sit him down and tell him is had one decent season as a footballer and needs to knuckle down and stop the messing. I know injuries did not help but some of the games he has had for arsenal were dire.

Would have Ramsey over him in a heartbeat, he would start just ahead of Arteta for me if fit and thats not saying alot.

How exactly has Wilshere been 'messing'?

He's been in poor/average form since his injury but I don't think it's for lack of trying. In fact, he played quite well a lot of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

What a crock of sh1t. I'm sorry but how the hell has he being messing? There are some ridiculous posts on here sometimes.

"Messing", you seem like a nice guy but that's complete a unfair statement on Wilshire. He's had some bad luck with injuries but when he came on during the FA Cup he changed the game. He wasn't at his best during the season but he had some great games and scored some lovely goals. I'd think him and Wilshire will be world beating midfield partnership for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Quote from Di Maria
    Di Maria: “It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

is that fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

is that fake?
    I hope not:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 33m
    Brendan Rodgers signs Lambert and it's a 'wise/shrewd' move. Wonder what it would be if Wenger was signing him. Pleased for Lambert
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Matt Hughes ‏@MattHughesTimes 25m
    @Matt_Law_DT Fair point, but Rodgers already has Suarez & Sturridge. Arsenal need at least one, possibly two top strikers, not back up.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_DT 20m
    @MattHughesTimes Wenger would still get slaughtered for it. CL club buys 32 year old Southampton striker...I find it a v odd move

Recognition from Matt Law that Wenger gets alot of **** from the press. Saying that I think Lambert could be a decent back up striker for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

"Messing", you seem like a nice guy but that's complete a unfair statement on Wilshire. He's had some bad luck with injuries but when he came on during the FA Cup he changed the game. He wasn't at his best during the season but he had some great games and scored some lovely goals. I'd think him and Wilshire will be world beating midfield partnership for years to come.

He just lacks a bit of positional sense. You know those moments where he's the last midfielder and tries to flick the ball around the corner of an oncoming player.

That's not his job when he's there and he needs to become aware of that when he's playing.

Not sure if I'd call it 'messing' though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Great stuff.
    BBC Sport @BBCSport · 7m

Arsene Wenger has agreed a new three-year deal to remain as Arsenal manager until 2017. #AFC

Roddy23 wrote: »
    What a crock of sh1t. I'm sorry but how the hell has he being messing? There are some ridiculous posts on here sometimes.

Jaysus lad think of my feelings!!! A simple I dont agree with you would suffice :p

When I said messing I was not referring to on the pitch :rolleyes: The whole period of nightclubs and smoking etc, sure he said himself in the interview with the daily mail that he needs to be fitter (nothing to do with injuries) and knuckle down. Stay off twitter posting ****e and concentrate on football.

THAT WOULD CONSTITUTE MESSING IN MY MIND.

He deffo took his eye of the ball in my opinion, he is a great talent but he needs to work at it.

gosplan wrote: »
    He just lacks a bit of positional sense. You know those moments where he's the last midfielder and tries to flick the ball around the corner of an oncoming player.

That's not his job when he's there and he needs to become aware of that when he's playing.

Not sure if I'd call it 'messing' though.

He's a young lad, give him time and he get that out of his game. Far too many of us Arsenal fans are quick to knock our young players, look at how Ramsey and Walcott were getting battered on here a year or two ago, now they are heroes.

I think if he was doing all this at 27 then the complaints would be justified.

When I said messing I was not referring to on the pitch :rolleyes: The whole period of nightclubs and smoking etc, sure he said himself in the interview with the daily mail that he needs to be fitter (nothing to do with injuries) and knuckle down. Stay off twitter posting ****e and concentrate on football.

Posting pic's of him and his mates playing Fifa or of him with his kid's, he's not the only footballer doing this. Sure Bayern Munich players do be walking out of nightclubs at 5 a.m didn't stop them winning things. What are you training with him 24/7? how do you know he's not fit, where does he say this in interviews. Come on Wonda-Boy you have to back these up with fact's.:rolleyes:

Jaysus lad think of my feelings!!! A simple I dont agree with you would suffice :p

THAT WOULD CONSTITUTE MESSING IN MY MIND.

He deffo took his eye of the ball in my opinion, he is a great talent but he needs to work at it.

He is also constantly getting in the face of the referee and the opposition fans when things are not going right.
    I like Jack but want to see a mature Jack next season. Let you football do your talking.

Posting pic's of him and his mates playing Fifa or of him with his kid's, he's not the only footballer doing this. Sure Bayern Munich players do be walking out of nightclubs at 5 a.m didn't stop them winning things. What are you training with him 24/7? how do you know he's not fit, where does he say this in interviews. Come on Wonda-Boy you have to back these up with fact's.:rolleyes:

If Arsenal were winning anything near to what Munich are winning it would not bother me what the players were doing!

• Advertisement

He is also constantly getting in the face of the referee and the opposition fans when things are not going right.
    I like Jack but want to see a mature Jack next season. Let you football do your talking.

ah I rather some of that passion then him just been all nice. Jesus some of you fan's want the side taking out of his game we need more of that fire in our players.

If Arsenal were winning anything near to what Munich are winning it would not bother me what the players were doing!

:rolleyes: well we won something this year so stop moaning.

ah I rather some of that passion then him just been all nice. Jesus some of you fan's want the side taking out of his game we need more of that fire in our players.

But that's not fire that just turning refs against you as if we hadn't enought of that already.
    Making good tackles, running at defenders, tracking back and covering is passion.

The one thing i really dont like about Wilshere is that he is constantly on the ground rolling around. Needs a season out on the wing like Ramsey did and needs to toughen up.

Raf32 wrote: »
    The one thing i really dont like about Wilshere is that he is constantly on the ground rolling around. Needs a season out on the wing like Ramsey did and needs to toughen up.

I really think he will kick-on next season.
    He has to be watching the lads around him and thinking he must improve.
    Injuries have not helped him in fairness and it takes time to get back to full flow. If he does click we'll have some midfield. We just need a good and vocal DM who will lead the team.

I really think he will kick-on next season.
    He has to be watching the lads around him and thinking he must improve.
    Injuries have not helped him in fairness and it takes time to get back to full flow. If he does click we'll have some midfield. We just need a good and vocal DM who will lead the team.

Yup agreed, ill never forget that game against Barca, one of the best performances i have seen in an arsenal shirt and he was only a kid. We just are missing someone to play behind this talented bunch and a top striker to play in front of it.

Yup agreed, ill never forget that game against Barca, one of the best performances i have seen in an arsenal shirt and he was only a kid. We just are missing someone to play behind this talented bunch and a top striker to play in front of it.

No **** Raf32 :pac: Forget giving Wenger a contract they need you as the manager and you can take Tayto as you're 2nd in command.

I like Wilshire I think many of you are far too critical on him, Like you were on Ramsey and Walcott when they weren't playing that well , we are a fickle bunch of fans ain't we.

No **** Raf32 :pac: Forget giving Wenger a contract they need you as the manager and you can take Tayto as you're 2nd in command.

I like Wilshire I think many of you are far too critical on him, Like you were on Ramsey and Walcott when they weren't playing that well , we are a fickle bunch of fans ain't we.

Can't ever remember saying anything bad about Rambo or Jack.
    I want to see them all succeed obviously and bring us glory.
    Success in anything comes with focus and effort.

Overqualified bud :pac: In fairness though hard to stick up for Jack when he is seen smoking. Walcott always had the potential and needed the confidence, ramsey was similar and had the injury never happened he would have reached this level quicker. Jack can and probably will be world class but needs to knuckle down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Overqualified bud :pac: In fairness though hard to stick up for Jack when he is seen smoking. Walcott always had the potential and needed the confidence, ramsey was similar and had the injury never happened he would have reached this level quicker. Jack can and probably will be world class but needs to knuckle down.

To be fair to Jack, he's had just as bad, if not worse injury problems than Theo and Ramsey.

To be fair to Jack, he's had just as bad, if not worse injury problems than Theo and Ramsey.

I agree, probably has had worse, just hate seeing a professional footballer out on the piss or smoking.

Think we sign anyone before the world cup? Strangely optimistic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Anyone happen to know if Flamini played in the games where we got spanked this season?

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know if Flamini played in the games where we got spanked this season?

Didnt play at Anfield or the Bridge im 99% sure of.

Think we sign anyone before the world cup? Strangely optimistic :o

Raf32 come tell us who you going to sign :pac:

seriously Nah don't see us signing any big players until after the World Cup, even then I don't think we sign anyone until the end of the window to be fair.

• Advertisement

Fierce enthusiasm over AW signing the new deal. TBH while he did still land a trophy, id still have my doubts. Yes i do realise the next manager selection process is delicate but i still fear that Wenger will not address the issues in the squad even despite both Sagna and Fabianski leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pool are apparently after Lambert, Lallana and Lovren. Would be very disappointed if they were the type of players we went for - good but nowhere near world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Pool are apparently after Lambert, Lallana and Lovren. Would be very disappointed if they were the type of players we went for - good but nowhere near world class.

Lambert is already off to Liverpool.

Id rate Lallana as a raw talent to be honest. Plenty to work with there. Good positive player who likes to bomb forward. Southampton deserve some unreal credit for the work they done with their academy and we of all should know having Theo and Chambo on our squad

Lambert well he is a good squad player and arguably goes into tbe Liverpool squad under no real pressure beng a squad player. Wouldnt half mind Lovren either. Good tenacious box to box player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Fierce enthusiasm over AW signing the new deal. TBH while he did still land a trophy, id still have my doubts. Yes i do realise the next manager selection process is delicate but i still fear that Wenger will not address the issues in the squad even despite both Sagna and Fabianski leaving.

He will.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement