Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lambert well he is a good squad player and arguably goes into tbe Liverpool squad under no real pressure beng a squad player. Wouldnt half mind Lovren either. Good tenacious box to box player.

I have to commend the pool for getting the bit between their teeth and really being aggressive in the transfer market. They will get Lalana and Lambert and also deal is just about done for Ath. Madrid Moreno too I believe.

Lambert is a smart buy, he is a scouser by birth loves the club and while 9m might be a bit much for the age of him is a very strong lad suited to the EPL and is guaranteed to get 10-15 goals a season and his assists record is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have to commend the pool for getting the bit between their teeth and really being aggressive in the transfer market. They will get Lalana and Lambert and also deal is just about done for Ath. Madrid Moreno too I believe.

Lambert is a smart buy, he is a scouser by birth loves the club and while 9m might be a bit much for the age of him is a very strong lad suited to the EPL and is guaranteed to get 10-15 goals a season and his assists record is very good.

A mate in work reckons that Lambert's price us inflated because they will sell Lalana cheaply because there is a clause in his contract that a percentage of profit goes to his old club. This is essentially Southampton scamming money from going to a smaller club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Quazzie wrote: »
    A mate in work reckons that Lambert's price us inflated because they will sell Lalana cheaply because there is a clause in his contract that a percentage of profit goes to his old club. This is essentially Southampton scamming money from going to a smaller club.

Smart guy doesn't always equate to a good. Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,120 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Quazzie wrote: »
    :confused:

You mentioned he is a smart guy, I was just pointing out it doesn't mean he will be successful for liverpool, sorry if I confused you!

Edit - I was referring to the post you were replying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I can vouch for that.

I'm smarter than any Prem' player. Just can't kick a ball or run.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I can vouch for that.

I'm smarter than any Prem' player. Just can't kick a ball or run.

Are you joey Barton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Apparently we've agreed personal terms with Remy: https://twitter.com/samuelj29060/status/472741934273167360/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Jaafa wrote: »
    Apparently we've agreed personal terms with Remy: https://twitter.com/samuelj29060/status/472741934273167360/photo/1

If it was on Sky Sports radio, then it would definitely be on the TV channel too. Going to call bullshit on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

breaking news on sky sports...

Fabergas to leave Barca this summer and expected to return to premier league.

They mentioned a 30 million release clause in his contract.

Would Arsenal fans be happy to get him back?

• Advertisement

breaking news on sky sports...

Fabergas to leave Barca this summer and expected to return to premier league.

They mentioned a 30 million release clause in his contract.

Would Arsenal fans be happy to get him back?

Please let it be back to us, if true. Couldn't handle him going to United. ANYONE but them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

dorgasm wrote: »
    Please let it be back to us, if true. Couldn't handle him going to United. ANYONE but them.

CHelsea will take him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I'm confident he willl be signing for one club and one club only... Blackburn... :D

Well a fan can dream :p

lets see realistically what clubs could sign him (no particular order). any one able to give a good summary of advs / disadvs of why he would or wouldn't go to each? I'm not clued in enough to know these days.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Man Utd
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Cant let him go anywhere else.

I Will be doing such a happy dance if he comes "home".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm confident he willl be signing for one club and one club only... Blackburn... :D

Well a fan can dream :p

lets see realistically what clubs could sign him (no particular order). any one able to give a good summary of advs / disadvs of why he would or wouldn't go to each? I'm not clued in enough to know these days.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Man Utd
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal

Liverpool are the odd ones out.

Chelsea - I think he hates Jose
    United - No champions league

c83a7f1fa3.png

This is what the bookies think right now. Odds keep changing though, I don't think they know any more than we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

dorgasm wrote: »
    c83a7f1fa3.png

This is what the bookies think right now. Odds keep changing though, I don't think they know any more than we do.

Bookies odds for transfers mean very little. I remember Arsenal were 1/3 last summer to sign Williams from Swansea at one stage.

Bring Cesc back Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Bookies odds are dictated by people betting. If a lot of people bet on Barnet, they will suddenly appear in the list of possible destinations.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bookies odds are dictated by people betting. If a lot of people bet on Barnet, they will suddenly appear in the list of possible destinations.

I understand that completely and agree it doesn't mean much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You have to imagine our deal with Puma would help with the Cesc deal.

One of Puma's biggest players, playing for one of there biggest teams has a nice sound to it.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Retweeted by Orbinho
    Swiss Ramble ‏@SwissRamble 30m
    No idea whether any truth in the Fabregas rumours, but I would note that Barca owed Arsenal €15.4m as at 30 June 2013 (Song & Fabregas).

Thats it, im breaking out the Cesc youtube videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

There's rumours Arsenal have 150m to spend in this window, do people here think it's true?

(I'm not an Arsenal fan, just saw that on twitter (on @FourFourTom) and am wondering what Arsenal fans think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Id rate Lallana as a raw talent to be honest. Plenty to work with there. Good positive player who likes to bomb forward.

I wouldn't class him as a raw talent tbh he's 26 ;). In Lallana and Lambert Liverpool are not buying spectacular world beaters or league winners but are strengthening there bench which is very weak imo.

On Remy seen the rumour about Sky Sports radio but not a peep on Sky Sports so I'd say bullshiit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hotale.com wrote: »
    There's rumours Arsenal have 150m to spend in this window, do people here think it's true?

(I'm not an Arsenal fan, just saw that on twitter (on @FourFourTom) and am wondering what Arsenal fans think)
    No we have a cash Reserve in the Bank of that amount.

Some of that must be kept as a condition of the loans that were taken out to build the stadium. Also that reserve has been built up over many seasons. I can't see the majority being spent this Summer. I'll be delighted if we spend half that amount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

greendom wrote: »
    No we have a cash Reserve in the Bank of that amount.

Some of that must be kept as a condition of the loans that were taken out to build the stadium. Also that reserve has been built up over many seasons. I can't see the majority being spent this Summer. I'll be delighted if we spend half that amount.

I did think it seemed like a ridiculous amount when I first heard it, rumours like that have been around for the past 3 or 4 seasons regarding Arsenal.

There's still about €120 million of the cash reserves that can be spent. Then there's the improved sponsorship and TV money. There's a lot available to be spent.

Fabregas - 30M
    Remy - 13M
    Aurier - 12M
    Schneiderlin - 16M

Thats over 70M!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Fabregas - 30M
    Remy - 13M
    Aurier - 12M
    Schneiderlin - 16M

Arteta
    Flamini
    Schneiderlin
    Diaby
    Ramsey
    Wilshere
    Rosicky
    Ox
    Ozil
    Fabregas
    Cazorla
    Podolski
    Gnabry
    Walcott
    A left winger.

Lot of players for 5 positions.

We are gonna be disappointed one way or another with thos transfer window in midfield.

No way I can see 3 additions without a couple of exits. But who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Top striker first, Fabregas later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

a midfield of Ozil Fabregas and Ramsey, throw in Santi. Christ thats mouth watering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

a midfield of Ozil Fabregas and Ramsey, throw in Santi. Christ thats mouth watering.

Realistically it is a recipe for another 6-0 or 5-1 defeat against the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Top striker first, Fabregas later.

I rather we go for a Defensive Midfield and Top striker first, those are far more important.

then for the right money get Cesc in.

Fabregas - 30M
    Remy - 13M
    Aurier - 12M
    Schneiderlin - 16M

Come on Remy as our main striker, no thanks as squad member yes.
    we need a world class finisher.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Come on Remy as our main striker, no thanks as squad member yes.
    we need a world class finisher.

Remy is actually a fantastic finisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Lot of players for 5 positions.

We are gonna be disappointed one way or another with thos transfer window in midfield.

No way I can see 3 additions without a couple of exits. But who?

Arteta has 1 year left & podolski 2 (going by transfertmarkt) would be the two most likely i think.
    it'd be them that'd suffer the most from new signings + the club might try to cash in on them while they can, it's getting to the stage where podolski should be offered a new contract if they want to keep him, i could see him being sold otherwise i think he'll run it down and go back to koln

flamini & diaby have a year left too though i think they'll stay, & i'm expecting a start/stop type season for walcott, gnabry could well go on loan (everton preferably)

tbh i think more will be disappointed with the CF situation than midfield/wide positions come september

Remy is actually a fantastic finisher.

I won't take away from his talents Mr Blobby.

But he's Not world class though, would you put him in the bracket of Suarez, Van Persie, Augreo, Dzenko and if Chelsea get him Costa, sorry we are going for the cheap basement bargains again. Splash the cash on getting a striker that frightens the hell out of our rivals like we had with Smith, Wright, Bergkamp, Henry and Van Persie. I'm fed up with us accepting second best.

Remy as a back up along with Giroud would be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would love to see Cesc back but not for anywhere near 30m.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would love to see Cesc back but not for anywhere near 30m.

I think we have far more important deals to get done first. I go 25 million, he isn't leaving Barcelona one of their top players, they want rid simply as he didn't deliver the goods. Many of Pro Cesc fan's will say I'm wrong but no way they would be letting him go if he's that important. It hasn't worked for him, I think he should have stayed with us for a few more years but he wanted to win things and become a Barca legend, he's won things but if you are a local boy been booed off by the fan's it's not a good sign.

I think his missus want to bring their daughter up at the private schools in London, he was treated as a legend at Arsenal, he be the man at Arsenal which he wasn't at Barca, this Arsenal team are three players away from been a league winning side. I think unless Wenger doesn't see him fitting I be surprised if he doesn't come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Id be amazed if Wenger let him go to another premiership club without a fight.
    Id have him back in a flash tbh, just cause it hasnt worked for him at Barca doesnt mean he has forgotton how to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Seeing as Barca still owe us money, it would be worth saying €15m and we'll call it quits. Still plently left for the striker and DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Do Arsenal not have some first refusal buy back clause at 25 million?

I'd be really surprised if Wenger turned him down but if it meant getting a top class striker instead you'd be better off

I won't take away from his talents Mr Blobby.

But he's Not world class though, would you put him in the bracket of Suarez, Van Persie, Augreo, Dzenko and if Chelsea get him Costa, sorry we are going for the cheap basement bargains again. Splash the cash on getting a striker that frightens the hell out of our rivals like we had with Smith, Wright, Bergkamp, Henry and Van Persie. I'm fed up with us accepting second best.

Thats all well and good wanting world class players, But name me one world class striker that available and who we can afford?

I'll save you the trouble.. There isn't any. Remy and Giroud would be a great pairing to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Thats all well and good wanting world class players, But name me one world class striker that available and who we can afford?

I'll save you the trouble.. There isn't any. Remy and Giroud would be a great pairing to have.

Balotelli.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Balotelli.

Cannot see him returning to the EPL. Would certainly flourish under Wenger though.

Splash the cash on getting a striker that frightens the hell out of our rivals like we had with Smith, Wright, Bergkamp, Henry and Van Persie. I'm fed up with us accepting second best.

Henry and VP were hardly world class when they signed. We trained them into world class.

Remy would be a good signing. I think we need a third striker though. Vela would be my suggestion.

Vela, Remy, Fab, Aurier and a back up goalie, I'd be well happy.

Henry and VP were hardly world class when they signed. We trained them into world class.

Remy would be a good signing. I think we need a third striker though. Vela would be my suggestion.

We also need a holding mid.
    I don't like Arteta playing as a defensive mid if i'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Class touch out of Wilshere tonight!

edit: im a moron, this happened lastnite.

Really Blobby open you're eyes

Mario Mandzukic
    Mario Balotelli
    Jackson Martinez
    Karim Benzema

Those guys would cost a bit but we are a big club, stop saying we can't afford these players. Most people on here act like we are struggling for cash. It's all about been smart with it, We need to fill in positions where it's been a probelm the last two seasons, Instead of wanting Fabergas back, let's be honest do we really need him, is it just cause you guys don't want him playing for another English Club.

• Advertisement

Vela has publicly said he hated it here at Arsenal. this from the Sky Sports News

Real Sociedad striker Carlos Vela, who has been linked with a summer return to Arsenal, says that he never enjoyed his time with the Gunners.
    "I never felt comfortable in London and I never enjoyed it, however, when I got to Sociedad, I found a place where I was very happy, where I'm enjoying myself every day."

I think Remy should be back up, we need to stop accepting second best on here, we need a world class finisher and there's a few out there. Instead of waste money on a player we don't need (Fabergas) spend the money on positions that costs us winning the title.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement