Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 Mod Warning post #2237

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Wayne just said @rio Carrick young , ill pick you both up in the morning.
    Alot of use of the word pal in there too.
    Im scared how everyone is Rios pal when he needs to be shipped out. I seriously think the longer he is at united the more poison things will get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not your pal, buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

TheDoc wrote: »
    I think Adox made a fantastic little one liner a few pages back we all need to take notice off. Was something along the lines of if we think we are getting six new first team players, we are deluded. And he is 100% correct.

Managing expectations is going to be a big thing this summer, even more so than this season. There is a lot going against the club this summer in terms of acquiring the targets they want.
    • Moyes being sacked potentially means a lot of groundwork has been lost
    • Targets that have been approached previously may now have second thoughts with change of regime
    • World cup year summer ensures that transfers move slower
    • No manager in place before WC ensures quick deals will not be done
    • Rooneys new contract probably empowers top players to hold out for bigger wages
    • World Cup year entices players to delay moving, to earn higher signing on fees and wages
    • Clubs know we have some money to burn, and need to invest, prices will inflate for us

Three players that would go into our first team and improve it would be good business, SIX would be out of this world.

Its not impossible. If Evra goes that is three first team players needed. Vidic's replacement and the must get CMF.

Then we need a winger and possibly a second CMF.

City already had a good sqaud but spent big anyway bringing in 5 players. Demichelis 5m; Jovetic 26m; Negredo 25m; Fernandinho 40m; Navas from Sevilla 20m. Total Cost: 116m

Spurs signed six players for .Eriksen 13.5m; Lamela 30m; Chiriches 9.5m; Etienne Capoue 11m; Soldado 30m; Chadli 8.2m; Paulinho 20m
    Cost 122m

Our need is greater then both so I can't see it as impossible the owners would think this level of spending is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

jane82 wrote: »
    Im scared how everyone is Rios pal when he needs to be shipped out. I seriously think the longer he is at united the more poison things will get.

Current team mates are friends shocker. This thread has been so unbearable of late with all the transfer muppetry going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

taken from 2011.

When Young was not at club. Am I missing something?

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Im not your pal, buddy

I'm not your buddy, guy.

Current team mates are friends shocker. This thread has been so unbearable of late with all the transfer muppetry going on

All that over used palling was a message Id say.

Sacramento wrote: »
    I'm not your buddy, guy.

Im not your guy, friend

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'm not your buddy, guy.

I'm not your guy, friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I hate you all.

• Advertisement

All that over used palling was a message Id say.

Go on...

Go on...

Hes not getting a contract and he is trouble at the club. Speaking out against Moyes from pretty much the start then tweeting his little celebration songs on the eve of his sacking. I would say the team are aware alot of fans and the management want rid.
    Giggs gave him his support last week this to me looks like Rooney giving his support this week.

i still like Pro F for anybody who cares.

Yeah but I heard he likes Headshot so I wouldn't hold your breath, heard they had a date at the weekend so that ship may have sailed..

Yeah but I heard he likes Headshot so I wouldn't hold your breath, heard they had a date at the weekend so that ship may have sailed..

I can live with that.

I told TheDoc that if Kroos signs for us that I would

oh hang on.....

That shipped sailed months ago

hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

taken from 2011.

It's fake. Carrick joined Twitter sometime around May last year and Young joined it last September.

Irish94 wrote: »
    It's fake. Carrick joined Twitter sometime around May last year and Young joined it last September.

Oh I feel silly now. Why post things from 2011

Hes not getting a contract and he is trouble at the club. Speaking out against Moyes from pretty much the start then tweeting his little celebration songs on the eve of his sacking. I would say the team are aware alot of fans and the management want rid.
    Giggs gave him his support last week this to me looks like Rooney giving his support this week.

aye sorry i thought you were getting at something really cryptic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Be thankful. It put the bitchfest on hold, if only for a little while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Id like to see

DeGea
    Rafael
    Jones
    New CB
    New LB

New CDM
    Mata
    Kagawa

Januzzi
    Rooney
    Reus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

taken from 2011.

The thing is fake. It's pretty funny, but not real. Wayne's first tweet was the original "lift pal?" tweet. Young and Carrick didn't have twitter in 2011. Young didn't play for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

How much ya reckon we'd get if we shifted RVP this summer?

scudzilla wrote: »
    How much ya reckon we'd get if we shifted RVP this summer?

The whole lot of us? Going on what ribery was paying that young wan we could all make a decent few quid. Why has he said anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Same here man.

Edit: just realised that sounds like I'm saying I like myself. You know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Anyone follow Peter Spenser on Twitter? Is he any good?Seems to be getting a lot of retweets in the last while. Works for MEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Antibac wrote: »
    Anyone follow Peter Spenser on Twitter? Is he any good?Seems to be getting a lot of retweets in the last while. Works for MEN

What's he said anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

It's all gone a bit RedCafe in here lads with the arguing.

Let's get back to making unrealistic starting XI's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

What's he said anyway?

Not much. Usual speculation. Negotiations for Reus started Van Haal be announced this week. I've never come accross him on twitter before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Blatter wrote: »

All the sounds from the most reliable sources indicate that United are trying to do similar and have £150-200m. The guys who are writing this stuff are not just spoofers like Miguel Delaney or The Sun columnists , James Ducker and Daniel Taylor have shown in the past they've got good insight into United. IMO It's not as unlikely as people make out that United will bring in several first team players.

thats all well and good, but was pointed out by many people here last summer, being linked/interested in players means nothing until we sign them. we had 5 or so targets last year and at 10.50pm on deadline day, we signed none of them. them deals should have been sown up by July 5th, but they were f*cked up and it played a huge part in the most brutal season the club as seen in 25 years. have we learned from it? we all hope so.

i have no doubt we are interested in these players, but the club has shown nothing in the last 5 or 6 years that it is able to close multiple big deals in a short space of time.

i think 3 top players is our lot plus two players in the squad (and that is my heart thinking over my head) mould but i dont think that will be enough to see us challenge for the title next year, the gap is too big despite the denial some people are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

thats all well and good, but was pointed out by many people here last summer, being linked/interested in players means nothing until we sign them. we had 5 or so targets last year and at 10.50pm on deadline day, we signed none of them. them deals should have been sown up by July 5th, but they were and it played a huge part in the most brutal season the club as seen in 25 years. have we learned from it? we all hope so.

i have no doubt we are interested in these players, but the club has shown nothing in the last 5 or 6 years that it is able to close multiple big deals in a short space of time.

i think 3 top players is our lot plus two players in the squad (and that is my heart thinking over my head) mould but i dont think that will be enough to see us challenge for the title next year, the gap is too big despite the denial some people are in.

The impression I'm getting from journos I trust is that there's a determination that previous mistakes won't be repeated.

Apparently the club have recognised that it was a mistake not to have contingency plans last Summer and have a more extensive list of targets now. I'd believe a lot of groundwork has been done on deals already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pretty sure those tweets are about 3 years old.....or else Im very confused as to why they are all dated 23 april 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I know there appears to be a lot of bitterness out there towards some of our current players, but I really do hope that a few genuine club legends get a proper send off tomorrow in what for some could be their last game at Old Trafford.

Patrice Evra for example, he has been poor for a long time now but he was also one of our greatest ever full backs and a vital part of a European Cup winning side. As was Rio Ferdinand, at his peak the best defender in world football, and Nemanja Vidic, a vital part of an amazing defensive line and until a few months almost a cult figure for United fans.

I am sure Giggs will get a proper send off, but it would be the height of churlishness to forget what these other players did for this club, and I hope the stain of the Moyes regime is forgotten to give them the respect they earned over a long, long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I know there appears to be a lot of bitterness out there towards some of our current players, but I really do hope that a few genuine club legends get a proper send off tomorrow in what for some could be their last game at Old Trafford.

Patrice Evra for example, he has been poor for a long time now but he was also one of our greatest ever full backs and a vital part of a European Cup winning side. As was Rio Ferdinand, at his peak the best defender in world football, and Nemanja Vidic, a vital part of an amazing defensive line and until a few months almost a cult figure for United fans.

I am sure Giggs will get a proper send off, but it would be the height of churlishness to forget what these other players did for this club, and I hope the stain of the Moyes regime is forgotten to give them the respect they earned over a long, long time.

I would have more respect for them had evra tried a leg this season, if vidic didn't allow the pic of him on the inter shirt be released, and if rio hadn't acted like a 12 year old in recent times.
    But I suppose that's moyes fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kryogen wrote: »
    Pretty sure those tweets are about 3 years old.....or else Im very confused as to why they are all dated 23 april 2011

It's been explained already Kryo. Sheesh, try and keep up man.

I don't see how the UTD board of directors can think otherwise then to invest heavily in the first team. Looking at the squad right now we have a few players coming to the end of their UTD careers. Evra. Vidic and Rio. Jones and Smalling are the future but not quite the finished product and need an experiecned player to help bed in.

Then we have players who are getting on and look like they can no longer be depended on. Carrick and Fletch. Its been Carricks worse season for a while and Fletch tries but its obvious he can't be a regular for us anymore.

Then we have the players not good enough. Young, Val and Clev.

I posted that list of 5 players for City and 6 for Spurs they splashed out on last summer for over 100m each. Considering our squad has been let to dwindle plus the outgoing players, surely the board realise that big squad investment is needed to keep up with them as we have clearly fallen behind.

We could get a CB and LB relatively cheap enough if we are smart. Then spend big on a CMF and winger. Fellaini must step up and show he can be a rock in that MF for us next season. That would really help.

Then we can go big on either a winger or another MF player and maybe one more buy of a RB or winger.

Say we only buy one MF player and Fellaini is used a lot more we could keep Carrick and maybe Fletch as squad options. Funnily enough I think we could get a good price for Cleverly.

If it meant us getting Reus would people be opposed to Kagawa as a makewight in the deal? He is a good player but we are overstocked with no 10s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I would have more respect for them had evra tried a leg this season, if vidic didn't allow the pic of him on the inter shirt be released, and if rio hadn't acted like a 12 year old in recent times.

Posts like that irritate me no end, they won us trophies gave us great nights but no slag them off and defend the reason why we have no Champions league football next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Posts like that irritate me no end, they won us trophies gave us great nights but no slag them off and defend the reason why we have no Champions league football next season.

Not slagging them off. And a major part of the debacle this season is on the players. Or did you not see the moyes-free joke of a performance on Saturday?
    Does losing at home to Sunderland not irritate you?

Talk about completely missing the point.

These players gave us some of the clubs greatest ever memories, yet you don't want to respect them because you are sulking over a few bad moments in their last season.

I guess we should warn our next great team about this. You can give us everything and win us trophies, but all will be forgotten if your performances fall away in your mid-thirties!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not slagging them off. And a major part of the debacle this season is on the players.

And this is just one season, they gave us far more good than bad.

unless theres 3 announcements tomorrow, Rio, Evra and Giggs wont be getting any send off as they all could still be there next season and i think at least one, if not two of them will

and you know what, in my opinion Vidic can f*ck off, i lost alot of respect for him the day as club captain he posed for a photo signing for Inter Milan.
    great player for us but this club made him a world recognised player. of course there will be 1000's inside the ground who will give him a good send off, but thats their entitlement as it will be the same for the 1000's who he has pissed off to just say nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Evra has played more games in the past 6 years than any United player bar our keeper, his legs are gone tbh and competition should have been brought in this year or Buttner should have played more.

Vida made a mistake, il forgive him, he's been incredible and probably would have signed on if it wasn't for he who should not be named.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Blatter wrote: »
    The impression I'm getting from journos I trust is that there's a determination that previous mistakes won't be repeated.

Apparently the club have recognised that it was a mistake not to have contingency plans last Summer and have a more extensive list of targets now. I'd believe a lot of groundwork has been done on deals already.

I hope this isn't true myself. If the club want to go down the route of taking transfer dealings out of the manager's hands then I would like to be convinced that a proper set-up for that has been arranged: director of football, scouting network, that type of thing. I haven't heard of anything like that before now, so I'd be worried if there are players already being pursued.

Vidic has been one of the greatest CBs ever to grace UTD. A real warrior who would put his head where others wouldn't put their foot.

Iirc there were offers from Madrid and Italy for him before but he stayed. There were many rumors his wife was not happy in Manchester and wanted to go to sunny Spain but Vidic stayed.

Everytime he wore the UTD jersey he gave 100%.

Didn't the club announce he was going to be realeased before the Inter picutre? Vidic obviously had it in mind to spend his later years in another league and get his last pay day and enjoy the final years of his playing career. If anyone deserves it its Vidic.

How people can possibly write off all that commitment, guts, passion, years of effort and titles that Vidic has played a massive part in helping guide UTD to is beyond me.

People questioning Vidics character and telling him to fu*k off after all he has given us? Well you can fu*k off instead imo.

is this lad reliable or a spoofer?

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne 1h
    Muller has told Van Gaal that he wants to join him at United. Watch this space.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne May 4
    United to want Kroos, but player wants to make decision post Brazil.

Liverpool sh*ting the bed here, great to see. Just one more please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Holy ****

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahha

gasp

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahaha

what a slip up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement