Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 Mod Warning post #2237

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I remember now actually, lost a sig bet to someone called Tom Brady (now jamarcus) and he constructed that for me. Ill get my own back yet

And Torres celebrating with Gerrard and reira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

GSPfan wrote: »
    Am I the only one who remembers City have to still get 4 points?

Tonight proved anything can happen. Bit premature to be declaring it all over.

Hillariously premature though.

yes i agree to extent.

not over over just yet . tonight just makes it little more likely.

but I cant blame lads here for being happy after some of crap we took either.

anyway bed time. night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

niallo27 wrote: »
    Fair enough if you think it's a bottle job. You could argue Chelsea arsenal also bottled it as well. Everton bottled 4th place. It's the year of the bottlers.

But pool bottled it when it mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

GSPfan wrote: »
    Am I the only one who remembers City have to still get 4 points?

This.
    Liverpool f**ked up but it's probably not as much a dent as many are believing. City are favourites of course, but losing one game of the two would not be such a massive surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hate to burst your bubble there kid but they went away to Norwich and won after that speech.

Ah now, even we spanked Norwich ffs!

But pool bottled it when it mattered.

As did every other team I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

And Torres celebrating with Gerrard and reira.

A photo I probably sent to a mate circa 2009. There probably one of your mam in there if ya keep looking

kryogen wrote: »
    Ah now, even we spanked Norwich ffs!

The worst team in the prem I think they were called after we beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Headshot wrote: »
    Thread needs more slipping gifs and crying game starring suarez

Will this do?

Bm5nwXYIUAIS5xA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

#MakeUsDream #WontLetItSlip #ItsOurYear #YMCA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Fair enough if you think it's a bottle job. You could argue Chelsea arsenal also bottled it as well. Everton bottled 4th place. It's the year of the bottlers.

Why would you include arsenal, injuries to some of the main players killed their season

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    A photo I probably sent to a mate circa 2009. There probably one of your mam in there if ya keep looking

Looking at your photos probably a better chance of finding a picture of my da.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

indeed but Liverpool had the chance to win the league for the first time since 1990

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I'm pretty sure the manner in which you have bottled it has eclipsed ours ten fold.

Record setting hot streak with your captain going full alpha 300 style with his motivantional speech to the troops. "We don't ****ing let this slip now". Maybe if he just walked of the pitch like every other player would have instead of going all big man on it he wouldn't have had everyone dreaming of the title and heaping presure on his young team mates.

Cue the next, match and Liverpool come up against a well organised team that knows how to defend. Captain Leonidas is passing at the back when "he ****ing lets it slip" and Chelsea end the winning streak.

The next match and your 3 nil up to Palace. I'm not sure you appreciate this, 3-0 up to Palace with 10 mins to go. Utd were 1-0 down to City.

Cue the biggest bottle job the EPL will ever see. Anyway don't worry, there is always next year.

Hmmm

Let's see which wins the debate: hate or maths

United 8 points clear with 6 games to go

Liverpool never more than 1 result from being caught

So afraid to say you maintain the biggest bottle job in PL history by quite a distance not that that is any consolation right now, it is however a simple fact

Hococop wrote: »
    Why would you include arsenal, injuries to some of the main players killed their season

They were top most of the season. All teams had injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

arsenal were never going to win it they almost always have a decent run then drop away

Chelsea did to a certain extent but were always outsiders

Everton are finishing where everton always finish, 5th

Liverpool after City were pressured by a **** norwich team, lost to a chelsea team that didnt want the ball (and a draw was enough for pool), and threw away a 3 goal lead against CP. it is the very definition of a bottle job. and thats before you add all the history of the last 23 years for liverpool

but the leagues not over yet and can only be described as a bottle job if ye fail to win the league

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

viper006 wrote: »
    Haha you think it is with all the liverpool talk. Its just a sign of how utd have fallen that their best moments this season are nights like tonight. Its only reading back over last 4-5 pages you can really see how much yee hurting this season. Its been a monumental rise for liverpool from 7th and an unprecedented fall for utd and yee are hating it haha!! great to be back in the limelight with CL in the bag and utd looking on with envy!!

night lads

I'm not a United fan

There are as much Liverpool fans posting in here as there are United and it's there thread so it's the hurt in the Pool showing more!

Goodnight sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The worst team in the prem I think they were called after we beat them.

I thought that was United. Bayern were overrated nobodies for a game and 2 thirds recently too. Worst quality league ever in my opinion as I've said before, only deteriorated from last season where there was one good team, there's none now. Jokeshop league lagging was behind the ultra competitive La Liga and Bundesliga. Shown by the team in top spot not even being in the Champions League. What other top league can say that?

donfers wrote: »
    Hmmm

Let's see which wins the debate: hate or maths

United 8 points clear with 6 games to go

Liverpool never more than 1 result from being caught

So afraid to say you maintain the biggest bottle job in PL history by quite a distance not that that is any consolation right now, it is however a simple fact

We went on to win the league the following year, every pundit are saying this was your best chance, so you guys bottling it this year is all the more valuable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

donfers wrote: »

Newcastle United say hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'm not a United fan

There are as much Liverpool fans posting in here as there are United and it's there thread so it's the hurt in the Pool showing more!

Goodnight sir

Top of the league hurts so bad. your right, sorry!!

NTMK wrote: »
    arsenal were never going to win it they almost always have a decent run then drop away

Chelsea did to a certain extent but were always outsiders

Everton are finishing where everton always finish, 5th

Liverpool after City were pressured by a **** norwich team, lost to a chelsea team that didnt want the ball (and a draw was enough for pool), and threw away a 3 goal lead against CP. it is the very definition of a bottle job. and thats before you add all the history of the last 23 years for liverpool

but the leagues not over yet and can only be described as a bottle job if ye fail to win the league

How were chelsea outsiders. If they had beaten Sunderland and Norwich they would have the league won. Everton lost to palace at home the first time they went ahead of arsenal. I'll give you arsenal they will never really challenge for a league under wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,985 ✭✭✭Soups123

Yep tasting it now

For a whole 2 days......hold on ive a few straws for ye here.

yes i agree to extent.

not over over just yet . tonight just makes it little more likely.

but I cant blame lads here for being happy after some of crap we took either.

anyway bed time. night all

All I know is, a couple of weeks back, with City and Chelsea emptying their collective bags all over pitches I had resigned myself to the reality that Liverpool were going to win the league, now it is a real possibility that they wont. That is a good thing

Though any City fan will tell you about the endless heartbreak that club puts them through when it comes to letting them down.

I would take a miracle Chelsea win right now in fact. I reckon Mourinho would come to collect the trophy bollock naked, strutting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

"Wayne is probably struggling for the game. He's not quite recovered. We'll continue to monitor him," Giggs told MUTV.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-rooney-miss-hull-clash-175614740--sow.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

For a whole 2 days......hold on ive a few straws for ye here.

I still prefer being top for two days vs 7th.

Id like to see the kids get a game tomorrow and Saturday, see how they cope.

Enjoying your one season of success.....oh wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

For years i had Utd supporting friends tell me that the joy that Liverpool fans took from their slip ups actually made it easier to take... they were right. It does make it easier.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    I would take a miracle Chelsea win right now in fact. I reckon Mourinho would come to collect the trophy bollock naked, strutting.

Somewhere in London tonight Jose was watching Liverpool bottle it with a glass of wine in one hand. Quitley nodding to himself in the satifactory knowledge that this was all his doing. He unwravled Liverpools winning streak and planted the seeds of doubt. He is euphoric in his superiority right now. He might open a second bottle of wine tonight and whilst savouring the flavours he will quitley whisper in the empty room "I am the special one".

This is all Moyes fault.....since hes been sacked the pool have bottled it. In Moyes we trust :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Enjoying your one season of success.....oh wait

Enjoy your descent into mid table mediocrity :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Somewhere in London tonight Jose was watching Liverpool bottle it with a glass of wine in one hand. Quitley nodding to himself in the satifactory knowledge that this was all his doing. He unwravled Liverpools winning streak and planted the seeds of doubt. This is all his doing. He is euphoric in his superiority right now. He might open a second bottle of wine tonight.

Considering he hates Pelligrini I somehow doubt it. :confused:

Somewhere in London tonight Jose was watching Liverpool bottle it with a glass of wine in one hand. Quitley nodding to himself in the satifactory knowledge that this was all his doing. He unwravled Liverpools winning streak and planted the seeds of doubt. He is euphoric in his superiority right now. He might open a second bottle of wine tonight and whilst savouring the flavours he will quitley whisper in the empty room "I am the special one".

Hmmm i thought Man City were gonna win the league... not Jose...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Now that we've established that Liverpool have suffered a United 2012-esque bottle job we can move onto more important issues.

Will it be Young or Valencia that gets the opportunity to be our creative force tomorrow night?

Cyrus wrote: »

If you honestly believe we wont be challenging next season you're as deluded as a typical Liverpool fan........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Considering he hates Pelligrini I somehow doubt it. :confused:

Yeah but like.. IT'S LIVERPOOL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    For years i had Utd supporting friends tell me that the joy that Liverpool fans took from their slip ups actually made it easier to take... they were right. It does make it easier.

Nah, United generally didn't bottle the league after these slip ups. It was those fleeting moments of joy, especially in match threads on here that would soon be dispelled that made it sweeter. God I miss those days :(

That's the mentality I suppose, only natural after so many barren years in the league. Almost getting there is better then the norm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Cyrus wrote: »

Never gonna happen biggest club in the world like it or lump it.

Dont slip on the way out :D

Id like to see the kids get a game tomorrow and Saturday, see how they cope.

I don't see any real reason why they shouldn't either, we have nothing to play for. Let the lads have a chance and see how they handle it.

Wont happen of course

But a team cant place 7th then go on to challenge for the league........

Why so sure. Utd are at a very delicate point. I can't understand how some utd fans underestimated what ferguson was doing with some very average squads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

How were chelsea outsiders. If they had beaten Sunderland and Norwich they would have the league won. Everton lost to palace at home the first time they went ahead of arsenal. I'll give you arsenal they will never really challenge for a league under wenger.

they havent been consistent enough you look at they results they havent sunderland was the death of their challenge but villa, Wba and west ham were showing they hadnt ultimately got it for the run in

they were grinding results and barely getting them at times whereas pool and city looked comfortable most of the time

But a team cant place 7th then go on to challenge for the league........

Not saying it can't happen just not sure why utd fans are so postive it will happen.

Liam O wrote: »
    Nah, United generally didn't bottle the league after these slip ups. It was those fleeting moments of joy, especially in match threads on here that would soon be dispelled that made it sweeter. God I miss those days :(

There were a lot of seasons where the only real joy for Pool fans would be seeing someone not Man Utd win the league. Times really have changed with the complete role reversal this season.

Whether it'll be long term or not remains to be seen. I fully expect Utd to be better next season and our squad will be stretched by Champions League football but there is still a ton of work to be done with the United squad imo (no pace at all really) and i wouldn't trade places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,247 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Rumours that fyffes have opened talks with a merseyside club with a view of being the clubs main sponsor. I wonder which merseyside club it is? Surely somebody will let it slip :D

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Hmmm i thought Man City were gonna win the league... not Jose...

Blocking Liverpool from thinking they could be number one and winning the title is Jose's prize.

• Advertisement

Why so sure. Utd are at a very delicate point. I can't understand how some utd fans underestimated what ferguson was doing with some very average squads.

Yeh very average players weve had the past 20 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement